• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of today's double Direct feature

• Balatro: Friends of Jimbo update

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Neva

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Coffee Talk Tokyo

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Powerwash Simulator Shrek DLC

• Date Everything!

• Pizza Tower

Votes: 18 46.2%
  • Other (Indie World)

• Tetris Forever + NES Tetris on NSO + Tetris 99 Cup

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • The Legend of Heroes Trial in the Sky the 1st

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Spongebob Squarepants: The Patrick Star Game

• Fitness Boxing 3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Capcom Fighting Collection 2

Votes: 20 51.3%
  • Atelier Yumia: The Alchemist of Memories & The Envisioned Land

• Castlevania Dominus Collection

Votes: 19 48.7%
  • MySims Cozy Bundle

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • Rune Factory: Guardians of Azuma

• Yakuza Kiwami

• Other (Partner Showcase)

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Nothing in Either

• The Sonic 3 Trailer

Votes: 21 53.8%

• Total voters

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Seems like Mega Man is being worked on for Project Plus. Saw that a lot of his costumes reference Robot Masters like Cut Man, Elec Man, Ice Man, and Time Man. Quint and MM11 Mega Man were two of the costumes too. If there's any Smash mods to get, it'll be that one once a few more fighters are added. Though once Mega Man is fully in, alongside MMX and Zero, I kind of have the characters I'd mess around with the most. Same with Sub-Zero and Vectorman. In general, there's a LOT of fighting game rep in that mod with BlazBlue and Under-Night alongside Street Fighter, Fatal Fury, Tekken and MK. Dunno if Min-Min was added in just yet either. Would be nice if Soul Calibur and Killer Instinct were considered down the line too.

As for art stuff, It's the latter half of my stuff focused on the color alts I've been working on. Gonna try and do a few more pieces here and there too. I have a couple of ideas I'll try to flesh out when I get the chance.

Also, Happy (Digital) MVC Collection Day, that was Yesterday, but hey. Still seems like for the most part, the online for it is pretty solid, though not the perfect Rollback. From what I saw, it's really an issue with Magneto being SO fast that the online has issues keeping up from time to time if you've got a player who knows what they're doing, which you can imagine any MSP player probably does.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
me getting back to Naruto Shippuden only to remember that Naruto/Sasuke is quite the relationship…and that Naruto dodged a bullet with Sakura

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
It just frustrates me because like… you can do it. And people will still buy it. And like.., Tekken 8 is probably gonna get a lot of dlc. Plus look at how big KoF rosters are and SNK still has such a small budget. I just want more characters to play as and it is a thing they could easily do if they wanted to. But they don’t want to and that’s super frustrating.
Street Fighter tends to have smaller rosters for most of it's history, until revisions, or Alpha 3. Mortal Kombat has a slightly larger roster of 20 something characters. So I feel like THAT would be more realistic goal, even if WB games might have more cash on hand than Capcom does(maybe?)I do think they SHOULD have slightly larger rosters(say 20-24 instead of 18). Even if I understand SF6 basically remade half of their characters from scratch animation wise, MK kind of does the same, even if they have MUCH worse animations than Street Fighter. Guilty Gear, also being 1v1 has a smaller roster as well. It took until Season 3 of that game to have 28 characters. They focused on getting better Single Player modes in SF6, which is VERY important. And it STILL had a better launch roster than SF5 did, even if only slightly.

KOF kind of necessitates a larger roster. Due to being a team game. Though I imagine KOF 15 might've been easier to handle since a good chunk of 14's roster is back. And I'd still say they're VERY impressive and underrated in that regard. I remember the complaints MVC3 and DBFZ got for having a Roster launch in the 20-30 range, because it's 3v3. City of the Wolves isn't gonna have 50 characters, because that game is 1v1. And like 6 of it's characters so far likely have some basis from KOF 14/15.

Tekken's probably the outlier for 1v1 games, but even Tekken 7 borrowed animations from Tekken 1-6. And I don't think Tekken 8 outright stopped that, they for sure re-tooled characters more than most entries have.

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
More than Emolga, Togedemaru and Pawmo?

Pichu's got the whole baby gimmick(And being in Smash)

Plusle and Minun have the duo gimmick

Pachirisu has THE MEMES

Morpeko has the Hangry Mode

Only reason I remember the other 3 is because I see 'em, and Pawmo's the most recent one.
Bro forgot that Marrill exist
Yeah, Pikablu Isa thing of the past with the redo of the PokéGods.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Pachirisu has THE MEMES

Only reason I remember the other 3 is because I see 'em, and Pawmo's the most recent one.
Out of those, togedemaru is probably the most forgettable.

-Emolga, commonly associated with one of the most popular gym leaders. Had a notable appearance in the main cast for the anime as one of people’s favorite champions party member, gets routine merch and other media coverage.

-pawmot, actual unique signature move which none of the pika clones really have an exclusive one, is electric fighting, a really requested and popular typing, sounds like Mickey Mouse, is the ace of one of peoples most popular characters in recent franchise history and a pretty memorable rival. Also is the first Pikachu clone to evolve technically. Also has some competitive use compared to other clones.

Overall those two have a lot going for them. Where’s as togedamaru just exists.their signature trainer isn’t too popular or memorable, lots of weakness so it gets overlooked, doesn’t get merch really, hardly appears in other media except the sun and moon anime which has mixed reception. Games also don’t do much with it or their trainer past their trial. So I think it falls behind more. It also doesn’t really look like Pikachu imo.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Anyway, it's nuts that Sony thought releasing a Mid-Gen refresh without a Disc Drive, VERY minor graphics update, despite the fact that LITTERALLY in that showcase, they know 3/4 people DO NOT care about Ray-Tracing. And they have it push 3DO levels of retail pricing. And for what? There's 20 or so PS5 exclusives, and a handful of PS5 games also on PS4. No one normal looked at Ratchet and Clank or Spider-Man 2 and thought it looked bad as it did. Nor that many Multiplat games that need it. Like Tekken 8 and MK1 look good.

And they didn't even have the brains to at least lower the base model's price by any significant degree. Which is weird, because when PSVR2 went on sale, a LOT of people bought it that week since it was affordable.

We really are hitting that era of diminishing returns on visuals. The changes are really minimal, so it's weird Sony's not focusing back on the reduced loading instead. If the Switch 2 or whatever its called is basically a PS4 power-wise. We're probably not gonna see much that pushes the graphics anyways, since it'll likely look good enough for most people and devs could spend less money. And maybe some AAA games won't feel compromised when working on X-Box Series S. But I suppose that would require more of the industry to not be foolish.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

Pachirisu has THE MEMES

Emolga is definitely not forgettable thanks to the infamous Elesa Volt Switch strat people kept complaining about.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

Pachirisu has THE MEMES

Okay Togedamaru and Pawmo are pretty forgettable, I'll give you that.

At least Emolga has a unique design. I forget its supposed to be a pika clone sometimes.

Dedenne is just spherical Raichu. They should have at least given it a unique color scheme like they did with the pika clones that came before.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
As a sucker of natural horror. I'd like to see more of those that isn't cheap SyFy CGI or sharks.

A film adaptation to Jeff Rovin's Fatalis with Keanu Reeves as the main lead. Bro has been more popular and relevant in years since his comeback as John Wick, I'd love to see him star in a creature flick. Back in the early 2000s there were rumors Universal was gonna do a film with Sylvester Stallone as the main lead but turned out to be false which bummed me out because I'd kill for saber-toothed cat flick that isn't cheap SyFy (Looking at you Sabretooth and Attack of the Sabretooth...).

My idea of the film is Keanu Reeves as the star lead playing Jim Grand, an ex-marine and widower who in his pastime enjoys the outdoors and an anthropologist studying Chumash culture and cave paintings.

He's forced back into action when said saber-toothed cats awakens from suspended animation (Which the Chumash people who hundreds of years ago drew cave paintings and spoke warnings of fierce animal gods that would one day come alive again) and invade Los Angeles.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
In other news, that Flappy Bird revival? Most likely a scam.

Apparently, some company called Gametech Holdings Llc got the IP trademark because the creator didn't renew it.

And the company seems to be heavily invested into crypto currency.

So yeah... if you want a Flappy Bird style experience, stick with Goat Simulator's version. At least that version doesn't require anything beyond buying the game.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Emolga, commonly associated with one of the most popular gym leaders. Had a notable appearance in the main cast for the anime as one of people’s favorite champions party member, gets routine merch and other media coverage.
Emolga also seems to be a Pikaclone even people who generally dislike them are cool with.

Also Dedenne also has THE MEMES on its side...in that it seems to have a cult following over in Japan making them on Twitter.

Reactions: Z25

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Curious if anyone here knows. Which of the Touhou Project fighting games can i like... buy on steam.

Like I get them being released for free on independent websites. That's cool. But i'd rather buy an official release from a storefront I trust than hope I'm reading the google translated Japanese website correctly and downloading the right thing.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Ever since I was a kid I’ve wanted a fighting game crossover that’s just all the most popular fighting games. I’m thinking of revisiting that childhood idea. But I want some input on which franchises I should include.

Keep in mind I’m excluding games who’s rosters are made up primarily of characters from other media (no Smash, FighterZ, Dissidia, Persona 4 Arena, etc.)

• Street Fighter
  • Mortal Kombat
  • Tekken
  • SoulCalibur
  • Dead or Alive
  • Killer Instinct
  • Virtua Fighter
  • King of Fighters/Fatal Fury/Art of Fighting
  • BlazBlue
  • Guilty Gear
  • And probably Darkstalkers
Any others you think should be on that list?

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Curious if anyone here knows. Which of the Touhou Project fighting games can i like... buy on steam.

Like I get them being released for free on independent websites. That's cool. But i'd rather buy an official release from a storefront I trust than hope I'm reading the google translated Japanese website correctly and downloading the right thing.
Define what you mean by Touhou Project fighting games.

If you mean the official ZUN games, the only option is Antinomy of Common Flowers, which also has an official English translation baked in and is also on Switch.

For fangames, there's a lot of them.

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Ever since I was a kid I’ve wanted a fighting game crossover that’s just all the most popular fighting games. I’m thinking of revisiting that childhood idea. But I want some input on which franchises I should include.

Keep in mind I’m excluding games who’s rosters are made up primarily of characters from other media (no Smash, FighterZ, Dissidia, Persona 4 Arena, etc.)

• Street Fighter
  • Mortal Kombat
  • Tekken
  • SoulCalibur
  • Dead or Alive
  • Killer Instinct
  • Virtua Fighter
  • BlazBlue
  • Guilty Gear
Under Night IN-Birth and Skullgirls

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

• Street Fighter
  • Mortal Kombat
  • Tekken
  • SoulCalibur
  • Dead or Alive
  • Killer Instinct
  • Virtua Fighter
  • BlazBlue
  • Guilty Gear
Assuming this means no Melty but how about UNIST

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
So remember this thing?

View attachment 394264

This weird ass scrubbing bubbles looking not-Pokémon from the manga?

Apparently it’s the result of the artist misinterpreting the og Diglett sprite.
View attachment 394265

The nose was mistaken for a mouth, and the dirt was seen as little scuttling legs. Wacky.

This has been Pokémon trivia with Noipoi
Oh hell naw, they done captured Scrubby

Noipoi

Howdy!
Ok yall probably .dont gaf but we replaced our toliets and have the old ones in the backyard. What art woukd I be able.to make with the porcalin if we broke them up?
Don't break them.

You know those foam mannequin heads they have at beauty salons? Get some of those.

Paint faces on them.

Put them in the toilets.

skibidi

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Insane how I actually look forward to doing my Unity homework now on a regular basis. I enjoy programming now, never thought this would happen

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
This is an incredibly well made rom hack and truly pushing boundaries:

Top Bottom