• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of today's double Direct feature

• Balatro: Friends of Jimbo update

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Neva

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Coffee Talk Tokyo

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Powerwash Simulator Shrek DLC

• Date Everything!

• Pizza Tower

Votes: 18 46.2%
  • Other (Indie World)

• Tetris Forever + NES Tetris on NSO + Tetris 99 Cup

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • The Legend of Heroes Trial in the Sky the 1st

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Spongebob Squarepants: The Patrick Star Game

• Fitness Boxing 3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Capcom Fighting Collection 2

Votes: 20 51.3%
  • Atelier Yumia: The Alchemist of Memories & The Envisioned Land

• Castlevania Dominus Collection

Votes: 19 48.7%
  • MySims Cozy Bundle

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • Rune Factory: Guardians of Azuma

• Yakuza Kiwami

• Other (Partner Showcase)

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Nothing in Either

• The Sonic 3 Trailer

Votes: 21 53.8%

• Total voters

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Decided to write up a roster for an SFxT style Street Fighter x Mortal Kombat game. I not only decided on characters but I also tried to come up with reasons why each character would be paired with their respective tag partner and what they were doing. I just copied the idea of the Pandora McGuffin from xT but I did add a new twist on it that you'll see in the little bios I wrote. A few of the Street Fighter characters have similar storylines to what was going on in xT but like... if I'm using the same setup and the same pairing you can only make it so different. Fortunately I changed a good handfull of the SF pairings anyway so that problem only affected a few of them.

And no, I'm not keeping current with each fighting game's story. I kind of made a mish mash of the cannon of both series in order to present each fighter in their most iconic state.

So anyway, here's the roster
Street Fighter
Mortal Kombat
Guests
RyuKen MastersScorpionSub-ZeroMega Man
Chun-LiElenaLiu KangKung LaoBugs Bunny
Edmond HondaDee JayRaidenFujin
BlankaRashidKitanaJade
ZangiefRainbow MikaSonya BladeJax Briggs
GuileCammy WhiteJohnny CageNightwolf
DhalsimSagatKabalKurtis Stryker
Thunder HawkFei LongSmokeNoob Saibot
BalrogVegaKanoBaraka
Master BisonJuri HanErmacReptile
RoseIbukiCyraxSektor
GuyCody TraversGoroSheeva
NecroSethShang TsungQuan Chi
PoisonLucia MorganShao KhanMileena
DLC
Dan HibikiSakura KasuganoFrostRain
GillKolinSindelTremor
Crimson ViperA.K.I.SkarletD’Vorah
Bosses
AkumaShinnok
IngridKronika
Similar to SFxT, M. Bison and Juri are fought as sub-bosses by MK characters and Shao Khan and Mileena are fought as sub-bosses by SF characters. Akuma is the final boss for MK characters and Shinnok is the final boss for SF characters. However, either side has the potential of triggering fights with Ingrid or Kronika is the right conditions are met.
Here's the character rivalries
  • Ryu and Ken vs. Liu Kang & Kung Lao
  • Chun-Li and Elena vs. Kitana and Jade
  • Edmond Honda and Dee Jay vs. Smoke and Noob Saibot
  • Blanka and Rashid vs. Raiden and Fujin
  • Zangief and Rainbow Mika vs. Goro and Sheeva
  • Guile and Cammy White vs. Sonya Blade and Jax Briggs
  • Dhalsim and Sagat vs. Shang Tsung and Quan-Chi
  • Thunder Hawk and Fei Long vs. Johnny Cage and Nightwolf
  • Balrog and Vega vs. Kano and Baraka
  • Master Bison and Juri Han vs. Shao Khan and Mileena
  • Rose and Ibuki vs. Ermac and Reptile
  • Dan Hibiki and Sakura Kasugano vs. Rain and Frost
  • Guy and Cody Travers vs. Scorpion and Sub-Zero
  • Necro and Twelve vs. Cyrax and Sektor
  • Gill and Kolin vs. Sindel and Tremor
  • Poison and Lucia Morgan vs. Kabal and Kurtis Stryker
  • Crimson Viper and A.K.I. vs. D’Vorah and Skarlet
  • Akuma vs. Shinnok
  • Ingrid vs. Kronika
  • Mega Man vs. Bugs Bunny
And here are the storylines
You'll find out more details as you learn but just keep in mind, this is a new universe where Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat characters and storylines both exist simultaneously. And Someone has dropped the powerful Pandora (a box that grants fighters infinite power) into the Antarctic and it's drawing everyone from both series to it.

Street Fighter
  • Ryu and Ken Masters
    • Feeling a similarity between the power of Pandora and the power of the Satsui no Hado, Ryu enlists his old rival Ken to go on a journey with him to stop it from spreading it’s influence to other fighters.
  • Chun-Li and Elena
    • Acting on intel given to them by the Special Forces, Interpol has ordered Chun-Li to investigate Pandora and it’s connections to Shadaloo and Outworld. On her journey she encounters Elena, who can feel the effects of Pandora on the winds. The two decide that journeying together would be safest and begin heading south.
  • Edmond Honda and Dee Jay
    • A convenient news broadcast brings together Dee Jay and Edmond Honda when the former decides to use the latter’s bathhouse. Taken in by Dee Jay’s talk of the rhythm of battle and Pandora’s effects on it, Honda decides to journey to the south pole with him to claim the box.
  • Blanka and Rashid
    • Feeling left out of training after Dan and Sakura head off to find Pandora in the Antarctic, Blanka teams up with Rashid (a popular fighting influencer he has seen on line) to venture to the Arctic and prove himself to Dan and his Mama.
  • Zangief and Rainbow Mika
    • Wanting a partner to go with her to the Antarctic to recover Pandora to prove herself, Rainbow Mika contacts her wrestling idol Zangief. Never missing a chance to develop his muscle and encourage Mika’s training, he agrees to journey with her.
  • Guile and Cammy White
    • Cammy’s Delta Red unit is assigned to assist Guile’s Air Force Unit in a joint operation to retrieve the Pandora.
  • Dhalsim and Sagat
    • Dhalsim and Sagat form an alliance to retrieve the box after it’s power starts affecting people in their villages.
  • Thunder Hawk and Fei Long
    • Thunder Hawk is no longer able to hear the spirits that guide him, and he suspects that the Pandora is the reason why. Knowing he needs a partner to travel with him he seeks assistance from Fei Long, the world famous actor and fighter her met during his World Tournament days.
  • Balrog and Vega
    • Balrog and Vega are forced to work together by Shadaloo to try to retrieve the box.
  • Rose and Ibuki
    • Sensing Soul Power within the energy afflicting fighters thanks to the Pandora, Rose decides to find and destroy the box. She reaches out to a renowned Ninja Village and hires Ibuki to be her bodyguard on the journey.
  • Guy and Cody Travers
    • Cody is let out of jail by Mayor Haggar and sent to the Antarctic with Guy so they can both investigate Pandora.
  • Necro and Seth
    • Knowing that the Illuminati are almost certainly going to be after Pandora, Necro and his girlfriend Effie vow to get their first and assassinate Gill when he inevitably arrives. During their journey they encounter Seth, recently revived in the body of Doll Unit 0 and also on a quest for vengeance against Shadaloo. Seeing wisdom in their plan and knowing that Shadaloo also seeks the box, Seth joins their journey so they can be rid of both Gill and Bison forever.
  • Poison and Lucia Morgan
    • Deciding that the power of the Pandora is exactly what she needs to gain more fame and notoriety for her wrestling federation, Poison sets forth to claim it as her own. But with Hugo in the hospital after injuring himself in a Pandora induced rage, Poison is left without a tag partner for the journey. Luckily she is able to convince Officer Lucia Morgan of the MCPD to journey with her to claim it with a clever deception.
  • Master Bison and Juri Han
    • Sensing the ultimate power contained in the box, Bison and Juri temporarily set aside old grudges to attempt to recover Pandora.
  • Akuma
    • Feeling the pull of the Pandora’s power, and aware of the many powerful foes it will draw towards itself, Akuma journeys to the box to claim it’s power and slay any fighter he finds along the way.
  • Ingrid
    • Ingrid was the original creator of the Pandora, a box meant to test humanity. She now seeks to reclaim the box from Kronika and set the timelines right.
  • Dan Hibiki and Sakura Kasugano
    • Dan has decided that seeking the Pandora would be a perfect training exorcise for Sakura. So the two have set out on an expedition to get to the box and beat every foe presented to them along the way.
  • Gill and Kolin
    • Shadaloo and Outworld are not the only people interested in the Pandora. Gill and the Illuminati seek it’s power as well. Embarking on a quest to recover it with his trusty secretary Kolin, Gill plans to use the Pandora to spread his influence to every human being on the planet.
  • Crimson Viper and A.K.I.
    • Crimson Viper and A.K.I. met each other and fought to a stalemate after both women’s organizations assigned them to go after Pandora. With both unable to defeat each other, they decide to journey together for now, each trying to find a way to get the upper hand before they reach the box.
Mortal Kombat
  • Scorpion and Sub-Zero
    • After the revelation that it was Quan-Chi who killed his family and not Bi-Han, Scorpion forsook his master and vowed to protect the young Kuai Liang as he stepped into the role of Sub-Zero. The two are now journeying to the Antarctic to retrieve Pandora so they can both use it’s power to kill Quan-Chi.
  • Liu Kang and Kung Lao
    • The two Shaolin monks were assigned by their masters to recover the Pandora and stop it’s influence over Earthrealm’s fighters.
  • Raiden and Fujin
    • Worrying that their quest will only result in Liu Kang and Kung Lao getting killed and believing that only a god can really tame the box’s power, Raiden asks his brother Fujin to travel to Antarctica with him to retrieve the Pandora.
  • Kitana and Jade
    • No longer taken in by the lies told to them from a young age, Kitana and her bodyguard Jade are pledged to serve Earthrealm and stop Shao Khan. With his forces and others amassing and headed for the box in the Antarctic, their next destination is obvious.
  • Sonya Blade and Jax Briggs
    • With the latest Special Forces intel showing both Shadaloo and Outworld forces converging on the Antarctic, Sonya Blade and Jax Briggs are once again paired up to get there first and contain whatever anomaly is present there.
  • Johnny Cage and Nightwolf
    • Nightwolf was hired as a battle and cultural sensitivity consultant on Johnny Cage’s latest movie “Indians vs. Indians” (featuring a conflict between Native Americans and actual residents of India) when the news of the Pandora’s arrival came in to the studio. Seeing this as the ultimate publicity stunt, Johnny drags Nightwolf with him on a journey to claim the box and promote the movie.
  • Kabal and Kurtis Stryker
    • After the Pandora’s influence on people’s aggression causes crime rates on his beat to skyrocket, Kurtis Stryker tracked down his old partner Kabal (who was wounded during Shao Khan’s invasion) and enlisted his help in his investigation of the Pandora and it’s power.
  • Smoke and Noob Saibot
    • Smoke freed Noob Saibot from the NetherRealm so the two could journey to Pandora together. While claiming that he wants to serve Shinnok like Noob does, Smoke is secretly hoping that the box’s power will cleanse Bi-Han and return him to normal.
  • Kano and Baraka
    • Shao Khan hired Kano to attempt to claim the box for him. Fully expecting the Black Dragon leader to betray him, Shao Khan forced him to travel with the ever-loyal Baraka to keep an eye on him.
  • Ermac and Reptile
    • The second of Shao Khan’s box retrieval squads, Ermac and Reptile were natural to pair together due to their independent supreme loyalty to the Khan. But even they can not say if that loyalty is stronger than the power of the box.
  • Cyrax and Sektor
    • Deployed by the Lin Kuei to retrieve the box and test out their new cybernetic soldiers in combat scenarios. If they succeed, the grandmaster will robotically convert the entire clan!
  • Goro and Sheeva
    • Goro and Sheeva were also assigned by Shao Khan to travel together and find the box. Knowing that such power will only make things worse for the Shokan under Shao Khan’s rule, Goro and Sheeva plan to claim the power for themselves and finally place their people at the top of Outworld’s hierarchy of power.
  • Shang Tsung and Quan Chi
    • While each sorcerer was sent to retrieve the Pandora independently by their masters, Shang Tsung and Quan Chi have decided to team up to claim the box for themselves. This Deadly Alliance will not last long however, as both men intend to double cross the other and fully claim it’s power.
  • Shao Khan and Mileena
    • Shao Khan seeks the power of the Pandora to finally turn the tide of battle against Earthrealm. The only one he trusts to journey with him personally to retrieve it is his beloved daughter Mileena.
  • Shinnok
    • Shinnok sends a weaker avatar of himself to claim the Pandora in the Antarctic so he can finally free himself from his prison. He becomes one of the final challenges many fighters face before attempting to claim the box.
  • Kronika
    • Seeking to reclaim her full power and return to her place controlling the Hourglass, Kronika tapped into the power of Pandora to create a new fused timeline from the Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat prime timelines. The Pandora began drawing fighters to it, amplifying their aggression and feeding on their strength. This time, it’s funneling all that power to Kronika.
  • Frost and Tremor
    • Tremor, seeking to steel the box out from under Kano and sell it for his own gain, recruits Frost from an underground fighting ring to increase his odds at success. Though he claims the two will split the profits, he’s obviously lying.
  • Sindel and Rain
    • The influence of the Pandora has freed Sindel from Shao Khan’s control. She has now teamed up with Rain to try to free Edenia from Outworld’s control with the power contained in the box.
  • Skarlet and D’Vorah
    • Initially left behind in Outworld while Shao Khan and his other agents attempted to claim Pandora for him, D’Vorah convinced Skarlet to journey with her to claim the box under the assumption that it’s work for Shao Khan. In reality, D’Vorah simply wants to gain control of it’s power for her hive.
Guests
  • Mega Man
    • The Blue Bomber was sent back in time by Dr. Light to retrieve Pandora and stop the calamity it will cause to save the future.
  • Bugs Bunny
    • I knew I should have taken that left turn at Albuquerque!

Noipoi

Howdy!
New Undertale/Deltarune Newsletter

IMG_9399.jpeg

So basically the completion deadline for chapters 3 and 4 was September 1st, and they met it. Thats right, the next two chapters of Deltarune are fully complete. All that’s left is localization, which they’re hoping will be finished by mid October.

So after that…

IMG_9400.jpeg

Is it almost time?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Mega Man is coming to Brawlhalla
I've tried to give that game a shot a few times and it never clicked for me. The game is way too hard to see with its very zoomed out camera and very tiny text.

And it doesn't help that all of the characters feels the very same most of the time.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Yeah team present isn't winnning this lol. Team Past has our number.

Also, I kinda miss how unbalancwd Splatoon 1 was. There was an art on how bonkers and outright broken everything was. Who could forget
  • Pre-Patch Burst Bombs
  • Damage up making the long range weapons that's supposed to suck at short range one shot at short range
  • Defense up being completely useless
  • Frame 1 Ubercharge that can also be used team wide
  • Frame 1 Ubercharge that also insta kills
  • Comeback-Stealth Jump combo (I miss you so much Splat1 Comeback)
  • E-Liters in general
  • Dynamo Roller that had zero weaknesses
  • Carbon Roller somehow faster AND better than the stock roller
  • Ink Mines being absolutely terrible
  • Seekers that did not work
  • The Disruptor
  • Luna Blaster Neo
  • Zink Mini being the best weapon in the game before it got nerfed to ****
Again, it was art

KillerCage

Smash Master
I could have sworn Team Future was in a close race with Team Present with Team Past a distant third but the Half-Time tell a different story.
This perception might to me playing Pro Turf War and Tri-color while not touching normal Turf War, but who knows.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So after playing this Splatfest for some time, I'm starting to remember why I put down Splatoon 3 for a good while

I really do like this game. I genuinelly have a lot of fun playing it and it's a very well made shooter. It's just, pun intended, this game feels heavily sanitized compared to 1&2. In other words... there's really nothing special about this game imo. Everything 3 does has either already been done or done better by previous games, and the game really doesn't hide it either. It's clear from the moment you boot up the game; Deep Cut, another idol group, doesn't have that witty banter like SS or OTH did, nor do they really have depth to their charafters besides being Robinhoods. But even extending beyond that, the stage variety is severly lacking; a lot of them have the exact same general layout, returning stages have been neutured, and idk it feels a lot more cramped than previous games, the verticality in particular got hit hard; why are they all so flat? Climbing the walls is supposed to be a major theme here. I also feel the cramped maps also kills a lot of playstyles, snipers got hit hard imo because now there's no verticality to perch and players can close the distance extremely fast. The support/setup playstyle got hit hard too, cause now Beakons have much less utility, and locator weapons aren't needed because there's a lot less places to hide. You gotta be agressive now, and as one who plays more of a support role in shooters, it's not a change I enjoy.

Beyond the general gameplay, soundtrack took a hit too, not a memorable song from 3 imo. Story mode is the same old help the Squid Sisters story but Octo Expansion, the DLC was disappointing (the first one was just a cosmetic change, like be serious). I also feel they could've done more with the new weapons, Splatana's especially.

I remember saying something a while back that companies need to stop prioritizing e-sports before the casual scene, and I feel like that's what Nintendo did with 3 (and I know, Nintendo and E-Sports don't mix). But idk I just get that vibe playing Splatoon 3.

Still a good game and fun if you're a true squid kid (not me though, I'm an octo kiddo)

Noipoi

Howdy!
So after playing this Splatfest for some time, I'm starting to remember why I put down Splatoon 3 for a good while

I really do like this game. I genuinelly have a lot of fun playing it and it's a very well made shooter. It's just, pun intended, this game feels heavily sanitized compared to 1&2. In other words... there's really nothing special about this game imo. Everything 3 does has either already been done or done better by previous games, and the game really doesn't hide it either. It's clear from the moment you boot up the game; Deep Cut, another idol group, doesn't have that witty banter like SS or OTH did, nor do they really have depth to their charafters besides being Robinhoods. But even extending beyond that, the stage variety is severly lacking; a lot of them have the exact same general layout, returning stages have been neutured, and idk it feels a lot more cramped than previous games, the verticality in particular got hit hard; why are they all so flat? Climbing the walls is supposed to be a major theme here. I also feel the cramped maps also kills a lot of playstyles, snipers got hit hard imo because now there's no verticality to perch and players can close the distance extremely fast. The support/setup playstyle got hit hard too, cause now Beakons have much less utility, and locator weapons aren't needed because there's a lot less places to hide. You gotta be agressive now, and as one who plays more of a support role in shooters, it's not a change I enjoy.

Beyond the general gameplay, soundtrack took a hit too, not a memorable song from 3 imo. Story mode is the same old help the Squid Sisters story but Octo Expansion, the DLC was disappointing (the first one was just a cosmetic change, like be serious). I also feel they could've done more with the new weapons, Splatana's especially.

I remember saying something a while back that companies need to stop prioritizing e-sports before the casual scene, and I feel like that's what Nintendo did with 3 (and I know, Nintendo and E-Sports don't mix). But idk I just get that vibe playing Splatoon 3.

Still a good game and fun if you're a true squid kid (not me though, I'm an octo kiddo)
Splatoon 3 is still a really rad game, but Splatoon 4 is gonna have to shake things up because I feel like the standard formula has ran it’s course.

Top Bottom