• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of today's double Direct feature

• Balatro: Friends of Jimbo update

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Neva

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Coffee Talk Tokyo

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Powerwash Simulator Shrek DLC

• Date Everything!

• Pizza Tower

Votes: 18 46.2%
  • Other (Indie World)

• Tetris Forever + NES Tetris on NSO + Tetris 99 Cup

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • The Legend of Heroes Trial in the Sky the 1st

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Spongebob Squarepants: The Patrick Star Game

• Fitness Boxing 3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Capcom Fighting Collection 2

Votes: 20 51.3%
  • Atelier Yumia: The Alchemist of Memories & The Envisioned Land

• Castlevania Dominus Collection

Votes: 19 48.7%
  • MySims Cozy Bundle

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • Rune Factory: Guardians of Azuma

• Yakuza Kiwami

• Other (Partner Showcase)

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Nothing in Either

• The Sonic 3 Trailer

Votes: 21 53.8%

• Total voters

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

There Team Present, I've had hardly any time to play but you can't say I didn't do my part.
Also, I kinda miss how unbalancwd Splatoon 1 was. There was an art on how bonkers and outright broken everything was. Who could forget
Stop being nostalgic for the past you filthy traitor

cashregister9

Smash Hero
So after playing this Splatfest for some time, I'm starting to remember why I put down Splatoon 3 for a good while

I really do like this game. I genuinelly have a lot of fun playing it and it's a very well made shooter. It's just, pun intended, this game feels heavily sanitized compared to 1&2. In other words... there's really nothing special about this game imo. Everything 3 does has either already been done or done better by previous games, and the game really doesn't hide it either. It's clear from the moment you boot up the game; Deep Cut, another idol group, doesn't have that witty banter like SS or OTH did, nor do they really have depth to their charafters besides being Robinhoods. But even extending beyond that, the stage variety is severly lacking; a lot of them have the exact same general layout, returning stages have been neutured, and idk it feels a lot more cramped than previous games, the verticality in particular got hit hard; why are they all so flat? Climbing the walls is supposed to be a major theme here. I also feel the cramped maps also kills a lot of playstyles, snipers got hit hard imo because now there's no verticality to perch and players can close the distance extremely fast. The support/setup playstyle got hit hard too, cause now Beakons have much less utility, and locator weapons aren't needed because there's a lot less places to hide. You gotta be agressive now, and as one who plays more of a support role in shooters, it's not a change I enjoy.

Beyond the general gameplay, soundtrack took a hit too, not a memorable song from 3 imo. Story mode is the same old help the Squid Sisters story but Octo Expansion, the DLC was disappointing (the first one was just a cosmetic change, like be serious). I also feel they could've done more with the new weapons, Splatana's especially.

I remember saying something a while back that companies need to stop prioritizing e-sports before the casual scene, and I feel like that's what Nintendo did with 3 (and I know, Nintendo and E-Sports don't mix). But idk I just get that vibe playing Splatoon 3.

Still a good game and fun if you're a true squid kid (not me though, I'm an octo kiddo)
Despite all of the problems though I have played this more than any other Splatoon game and I am not quite sure why.

You know what they could do? Bring the protype rabbits back
That's What I'm Sayin', and they could make them Sea Hares which are another Ink Producing sea creature. It makes itself!

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I mean I get it, it's a super fun game and it's very well made. It's not bad by any metric, just... uninspired?
It really just feels like, another splatoon game, and not much more than that

which is why Side Order and the Grand Fest are so eye opening because I can feel the glimpses of a truly unique Splatoon sequel in some of this. I also felt it with the main campaign sometimes (Which I feel held itself back.)

Noipoi

Howdy!
Day 55: Goomy

Way back in the day, when leaked images of the Kalos pokedex were coming out before XY's release, I saw a blurry, unfocused picture of Goomy.

I was obsessed with it for like half a year. I had an aunt print out a picture of it and make it into a T-Shirt.

Love this little dude.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
It really just feels like, another splatoon game, and not much more than that
It's funny cause I felt the same way about 2 at first, but then they worked overtime to make it a true sequel. Now 2 is my favorite of the series (shame how the meta evolved. Whoever created Tenta Missles, God won't be so merciful.)

It sucks all the cool stuff at 3 was end of life because now they'll never capitalize off the strides they made like 2 did (iirc Octo Expansion was middle of life)

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It's funny cause I felt the same way about 2 at first, but then they worked overtime to make it a true sequel. Now 2 is my favorite of the series (shame how the meta evolved. Whoever created Tenta Missles, God won't be so merciful.)

It sucks all the cool stuff at 3 was end of life because now they'll never capitalize off the strides they made like 2 did (iirc Octo Expansion was middle of life)
Can’t wait for Splatoon 4 coming launch window switch 2.

cashregister9

Smash Hero

In addition I feel Splatoon 2's lateral movement at first was still a good thing because of the fact that it was not on the Wii U lmao.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Can’t wait for Splatoon 4 coming launch window switch 2.
Yeah, wouldn't be surprised. It's massive in Japan, so it would sell gangbusters.
In addition I feel Splatoon 2's lateral movement at first was still a good thing because of the fact that it was not on the Wii U lmao.
Splatoon 1 was also beyond saving lmao. That meta was unfixable, the casuals knew it, the professionals knew it, and Nintendo themselves knew it.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Wasnt The Answer hated back then?
Yes, both for its gameplay and story.

Gameplay-wise, people hated that there was nothing to do other than dungeon crawling, some convenient features from the vanilla game was missing and every other boss had annoying dodging passives.

Story-wise, a lot of people thought the main conflict was forced. Some fans felt like it was too focused on exposition. Everyone hated Yukari for being a girl who had negative emotions.

How many other Perdona spinoffs will we get before we finally get Persona 5 Arena?
I feel like that would require ArcSys to not be busy with something which... probably isn't going to happen anytime soon.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Yes, both for its gameplay and story.

Gameplay-wise, people hated that there was nothing to do other than dungeon crawling, some convenient features from the vanilla game was missing and every other boss had annoying dodging passives.

Story-wise, a lot of people thought the main conflict was forced. Some fans felt like it was too focused on exposition. Everyone hated Yukari for being a girl who had negative emotions.
Thank god the gameplay problem was solved with the almighty Reload/P5 style

as for the story…well I only did the Reload version while seeing only 2 comparisons so I can’t speak on that (but at the same time…those new songs + the Reload version of FES Mass Destruction makes me wanna assume the story beats that were slightly changed were for the absolute best if it meant more hits like those)

and now for a good excuse to claim that Reload Ken’s voice and especially Reload Fuuka’s voice is so much better than the old ones (besides Ken’s chilling scream on October 4th)

osby

Smash Obsessed
Thank god the gameplay problem was solved with the almighty Reload/P5 style

as for the story…well I only did the Reload version while seeing only 2 comparisons so I can’t speak on that (but at the same time…those new songs + the Reload version of FES Mass Destruction makes me wanna assume the story beats that were slightly changed were for the absolute best if it meant more hits like those)

and now for a good excuse to claim that Reload Ken’s voice and especially Reload Fuuka’s voice is so much better than the old ones (besides Ken’s chilling scream on October 4th)
The story didn't really change but I like both versions regardless.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I finally encountered team past

Unfortunately it continues the fact that I have never won a single x100 battle in this entire game.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Honestly I never played Splatoon 1 or 2 - maybe that's why I love 3 so much.
Day 55: Goomy

Way back in the day, when leaked images of the Kalos pokedex were coming out before XY's release, I saw a blurry, unfocused picture of Goomy.

I was obsessed with it for like half a year. I had an aunt print out a picture of it and make it into a T-Shirt.

Love this little dude.

Nah I actually do like Goomy though. It's a simpler Kalos design but it works.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Looking online I feel like I'm in the minority for thinking Igor's true new voice in P5 is really good. Like it's so soothing

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
PMD DX update; we're on the run and we're cracked out of our minds. Psyduck and Skitty both have a near perfect Blizzard, and are level 30+.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
hmmmmm.... noticing....
So update on this, they scammed me.

Apparently they're notorious for stealing stuff out of phones and replacing then with garbage so that customers have to pay more for extra repairs. Also notorious for logging into accounts without consent and making bogus 5 star reviews.

At times like this I really wish I had a lawyer

Last edited:
Top Bottom