• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of today's double Direct feature

• Balatro: Friends of Jimbo update

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Neva

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Coffee Talk Tokyo

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Powerwash Simulator Shrek DLC

• Date Everything!

• Pizza Tower

Votes: 18 46.2%
  • Other (Indie World)

• Tetris Forever + NES Tetris on NSO + Tetris 99 Cup

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • The Legend of Heroes Trial in the Sky the 1st

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Spongebob Squarepants: The Patrick Star Game

• Fitness Boxing 3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Capcom Fighting Collection 2

Votes: 20 51.3%
  • Atelier Yumia: The Alchemist of Memories & The Envisioned Land

• Castlevania Dominus Collection

Votes: 19 48.7%
  • MySims Cozy Bundle

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • Rune Factory: Guardians of Azuma

• Yakuza Kiwami

• Other (Partner Showcase)

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Nothing in Either

• The Sonic 3 Trailer

Votes: 21 53.8%

• Total voters

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Regarding Splatoon 3, content updates have ended. Seasonal Splatfests (such as Halloween and Winter), Big Runs, and Eggstra Work events will continue to be held.

There may also be balance patches on an "irregular" basis.

Edit: Also, if you have a Squid Sisters, Off the Hook, or Deep Cut amiibo, you can return to the Grand Festival Venue! Includes all three variations (Day 1 & 2, Day 3, and Post-Splatfest)

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Now remembering, you think the Nintendo Direct announcement may be this week?
View attachment 394339

If so, what do you think might appear for Fall News and the remains of 2024?
If we get one, I’m still confident that it’s going to be the switch 2 reveal.

Getting it out there before TGS makes the most sense, but this is Nintendo, so that doesn’t mean much lol

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
If we get one, I’m still confident that it’s going to be the switch 2 reveal.

Getting it out there before TGS makes the most sense, but this is Nintendo, so that doesn’t mean much lol
Arlo thinks they won’t reveal the switch 2 this year because it will hurt the holiday season sales of the switch 1. Just something to consider.

Dukefire

Smash Master
I wish I have participated in those previous splatfests, but I've been so busy irl that I couldn't use my switch often. All the time I had for was PC when possible.
Screenshot_20240423_200916_YouTube.jpg

Still, congrats to Team Past for winning the Final Splatfest.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Arlo thinks they won’t reveal the switch 2 this year because it will hurt the holiday season sales of the switch 1. Just something to consider.
I know people hold that mentality but I find it really dumb.

They should get it out of the way so parents know to hold off or not on getting their kids switched for the holiday or not.

Also if they drop the price for the current models it will increase the sales most likely. Why buy one switch 2, when you could buy both your kids a switch lite for that same price.

Similar things like that will encourage a decent part of the buyer base and still let them make money off of the old gen, while hyping the new one.

I also think that 7 years in they probably don’t care about the sales of the old console at this point.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Naruto + Shippuden was ****ing awesome to watch for the first time…pure peak right there my goodness

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I know people hold that mentality but I find it really dumb.

They should get it out of the way so parents know to hold off or not on getting their kids switched for the holiday or not.

Also if they drop the price for the current models it will increase the sales most likely. Why buy one switch 2, when you could buy both your kids a switch lite for that same price.

Similar things like that will encourage a decent part of the buyer base and still let them make money off of the old gen, while hyping the new one.

I also think that 7 years in they probably don’t care about the sales of the old console at this point.
Ok but like… they’re a big corporation. Warning people to save their money instead of buying their incredibly expensive product right before it’s made obsolete isn’t exactly something they’re known to do.

Would it be nice if they did? Absolutely. But at the end of the day they want as much money as it is possible for them to get.
Hello, yes? I have been summoned.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I feel like Sliggoo has a bad case of middle stage syndrome. Both Goomy and Goodra are a lot cuter. Its design is also kind of weird. It doesn't look like a dragon yet but its got a long neck like one. It also has a protrusion on its back that looks like a snail shell, but isn't actually a shell?

I don't really like Sliggoo, but I think it's strangely memorable despite that.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Ok but like… they’re a big corporation. Warning people to save their money instead of buying their incredibly expensive product right before it’s made obsolete isn’t exactly something they’re known to do.

Would it be nice if they did? Absolutely. But at the end of the day they want as much money as it is possible for them to get.

Hello, yes? I have been summoned.
It’s not a warning.

The bottom line is the hardcore fans are buying it day, they already have multiple switches and want the new one.

Then a majority will wait for the holidays next year

Everyone severely underestimates the population of parents and casual gamers who are totally cool with the waiting to buy the new consoles and will be the last generation instead.

They will make money regardless and if they thought the markets overlapped, they wouldn’t be dropping several different switch bundles this year instead of the usual like one around this time. They seem pretty satisfied imo and know both sides will sell this year regardless.

So getting their new console that’s going to make the PS5 pro look like a home, because there will be an actual difference compared to switch would be smart. Especially at the world’s largest gaming expo for Japanese companies. Where all the eyes can be on them and they can have physical demos.

Top Bottom