• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of today's double Direct feature

• Balatro: Friends of Jimbo update

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Neva

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Coffee Talk Tokyo

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Powerwash Simulator Shrek DLC

• Date Everything!

• Pizza Tower

Votes: 18 46.2%
  • Other (Indie World)

• Tetris Forever + NES Tetris on NSO + Tetris 99 Cup

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • The Legend of Heroes Trial in the Sky the 1st

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Spongebob Squarepants: The Patrick Star Game

• Fitness Boxing 3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Capcom Fighting Collection 2

Votes: 20 51.3%
  • Atelier Yumia: The Alchemist of Memories & The Envisioned Land

• Castlevania Dominus Collection

Votes: 19 48.7%
  • MySims Cozy Bundle

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • Rune Factory: Guardians of Azuma

• Yakuza Kiwami

• Other (Partner Showcase)

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Nothing in Either

• The Sonic 3 Trailer

Votes: 21 53.8%

• Total voters

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Ok he’s mostly talking about how to play marvel 2 but there are a few tips for the others sprinkled around.
Marvel 2 is FighterZ with a different coat of paint on to me. Which means, to me, it is very fun. I have no issue playing the older games, I’m just not as good at them. :202:

If I didn’t have 7 friends playing it I definitely wouldn’t have spent the $50.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Speaking of Marvel, details on Fortnite’s Day of Doom mode has arrived.

In this mode, two teams: Doom’s Henchmen and the Avengers.

As Doom’s Henchmen, the goal is to collect the six Arcane Artifacts. Do that and the Avengers lose the ability to respawn. Eliminate them to win.

The Avengers have to face a lot of henchmen to claim victory. The henchmen have a ton of respawns, whittle them down to show their might.

Also, a new Iron Man skin is coming. This is more similar to classic Iron Man compared to the Iron Man Zero skin.

Reactions: Z25

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
In other news, Warner Bros has cancelled plans for a Live Action Ben 10 movie.
They probably realized they don’t have the money to make this properly work.

A shame because with a high enough budget it could have been really good.

Give us the shoenn anime iteration instead then Warner.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
They probably realized they don’t have the money to make this properly work.

A shame because with a high enough budget it could have been really good.

Give us the shoenn anime iteration instead then Warner.
Yeah no. So many Ben 10 fans are already way too obsessed with Shonen Anime that its tropes are utterly pervasive across fans works and discussions at an uncomfortable level. I’d rather not give them any further fuel for their fires.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Yeah no. So many Ben 10 fans are already way too obsessed with Shonen Anime that its tropes are utterly pervasive across fans works and discussions at an uncomfortable level. I’d rather not give them any further fuel for their fires.
The OG series literally had an anime artstyle, it's been there since the beginning so people won't want it gone lol
my approval isn't hard to get. People just have to follow the rules and pass the vibe check.
Said rules:
download (73).jpeg

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
A Switch 2 rumor has surfaced coming from Famiboard saying it has begun mass production in China.

It says the name of the system:
Switch 2
And details include slightly larger than Switch 1, smaller bezel, black and white Joy-Cons, and slightly larger logo, with “2” on the side.

Take with a grain of salt

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
All this talk of Marvel vs Capcom has me thinking...

What if we got a new Vs Capcom that is something they crossed over with before?
Marvelous vs. Capcom
No More Heroes, Story of Seasons, Sakuna, Daemon X Machina, lots of Data East games after they got G-Mode Maybe Senran Kagura will be ruled out for...obvious reasons lmao

That or Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Vs. Capcom

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I think we have the Switch 2, Nintendo announced something brand new...

A Switch Bundle with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Switch Deluxe with MK8 Deluxe

Joking aside aren't there already Switches bundled with that game anyway

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
A Switch 2 rumor has surfaced coming from Famiboard saying it has begun mass production in China.

Switch 2
And details include slightly larger than Switch 1, smaller bezel, black and white Joy-Cons, and slightly larger logo, with “2” on the side.

That’s so ****ing stupid which means it’s probably real

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Switch 2

Nintendo after not adding the letter U to the successor to one of their biggest consoles of all time:
IMG_1954.jpeg

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Question: if marvel vs. capcom 2 got 8 more fighters added (enough to make the select screen a square) who would you want added?

Further details: in this hypothetical the added characters are from a hypothetical “updated” edition released later into the PS2 generation. So a few characters are eligible and a few characters aren’t.

my answer
Marvel
  • Thor
    • Reason: he’s a fairly big marvel character even before his movie, or at least common one and he was an assist in Marvel 1 so they had at least a few sprites to work with.
  • Either Captain Marvel (Mar-Vell) or Ms. Marvel (Carol Danvers)
    • They bear the publishers name and Marvel 2 already has a tonne of c-listers and obscure characters (for the time) in it. Why not one who’s not an X-Man?
  • The Fantastic Four as a team fighter or any member on their own.
    • Reason: I mean come on. It would be really easy to do this in sprites and it’s Marvel’s first family. They deserve to be here. And if they could only manage one member, then the others could still cameo in the level 3 super.
  • Doctor Octopus
    • Reason: Spider-Man has one of the most iconic rogues galleries in all of comics and it’s criminal that they’ve only ever done Venom. Doc Ock will fit right in. Maybe even summon other members of the Sinister Six for his level 3 super.
Capcom
  • Sir Arthur
    • Reason: Mostly because he would end up in the series later and he already had sprites as an assist in Marvel 2
  • Zero
    • Reason: For how iconic the X series is and for it being current at the time and a lot of the games being sprite based, it’s really weird Zero didn’t make it to the games till Marvel 3.
  • Dante
    • Reason: One of capcom’s most iconic characters who just missed the cutoff date for the initial version. But if this hypothetical update released later in the 2000s, then they could at least scrape together a version of him based on DMC1.
  • Nemesis T-Type
    • Reason: Resident Evil is huge for Capcom but marvel 2 only has Jill. Lets include her arch nemesis (tee hee) as well.
Honorable mention goes to Dimitri Maximoff if only for Marvel midnight bliss forms

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I'm likely going to be wrong unfortunately, but I really hope that Nintendo put in some damn quality control on the Switch 2's eShop.

The mountain loads of low quality **** content the Switch is dealing with now is completely inexcusable.
Well if it's fully backwards compatible then all that stuff on switch 1 is gonna carry over so....

Top Bottom