• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of today's double Direct feature

• Balatro: Friends of Jimbo update

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Neva

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Coffee Talk Tokyo

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Powerwash Simulator Shrek DLC

• Date Everything!

• Pizza Tower

Votes: 18 46.2%
  • Other (Indie World)

• Tetris Forever + NES Tetris on NSO + Tetris 99 Cup

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • The Legend of Heroes Trial in the Sky the 1st

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Spongebob Squarepants: The Patrick Star Game

• Fitness Boxing 3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Capcom Fighting Collection 2

Votes: 20 51.3%
  • Atelier Yumia: The Alchemist of Memories & The Envisioned Land

• Castlevania Dominus Collection

Votes: 19 48.7%
  • MySims Cozy Bundle

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • Rune Factory: Guardians of Azuma

• Yakuza Kiwami

• Other (Partner Showcase)

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Nothing in Either

• The Sonic 3 Trailer

Votes: 21 53.8%

• Total voters

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom has leaked 2 weeks before its official release.

Tread the internet carefully if you don't want spoilers.
Tbh it's funny as hell how every time a Zelda game leaks I have to find this **** myself because the social media algorhythms that be think I should be heavily invested in hazbin hotel discourse or whatever despite me not watching that and actively seeking out Zelda leaks

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
The Grand Splatfest has begun.

As a bonus for participating, there are special Switch Online icons that you can earn by either playing with friends or playing with people in an in game pool.

Note that the icon you get depends on the chosen team and the icons won’t be given out until at most two months after the Splatfest.

Edit: Playing a match gets a Grand Festival icon, the friend/pool icon must have everyone on the same team and depicts the idol group chosen.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I determined something…

I can’t get the icon for Team Past because I have no in game friends and I have no idea how pools work.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I determined something…

I can’t get the icon for Team Past because I have no in game friends and I have no idea how pools work.
How pools work is say I create a pool name (pumpkaboo) and you enter the name "pumpkaboo" in that menu when you press the + button on the menu with an evolope, yu will be entered into my pool

Dukefire

Smash Master
The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom has leaked 2 weeks before its official release.

Tread the internet carefully if you don't want spoilers.
Already? Man, some people are impatient........thanks for the heads up. Can't wait for the game's release.

Well, time to prep for Shantae Advance next month. Though, I feel bad for those that have to wait longer if they don't have a GBA or Nintendo DS.
20230712_190431.jpg

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I just finished Metroid Prime: Federation, the only Metroid game where you don't get to play as Samus. It definitely didn't deserve the hate it got. Thankfully getting 100% isn't necessary to get the secret ending (because **** that- I can't do it alone). This also means that I've beaten the stories of all games in the Metroid Prime series.

Making a giant possessed morph ball Samus as one of the final bosses was unexpected
But my road to Metroid Prime 4: Beyond doesn't end here. I need to finish my playthroughs of Super, Fusion, and Dread. :ultsamus:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
The Grand Fest venue has far too much effort put into it, Like why now add a brand new emote mechanic?

not to mention the live concert setlists and ****.

Still haven't picked a team

I don't really have an affinity for the past
It's good to live in the present
I like looking towards the future

and If I vote based on Idols.

I really like the Squid Sisters, their existence and Splatoon 1 in general was a paradigm shift and are some of my favorite Nintendo characters.
Off The Hook are also just great characters and I like them just as much if not more than The Squid Sisters, also cephalopod lesbians.
Deep Cut are another set of great characters but I feel were sidelined in their own game, but even with that, they are super entertaining and fun characters, and I kinda want them to win just because they are the underdogs.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
The Grand Fest venue has far too much effort put into it, Like why now add a brand new emote mechanic?

not to mention the live concert setlists and ****.

Still haven't picked a team

I don't really have an affinity for the past
It's good to live in the present
I like looking towards the future

and If I vote based on Idols.

I really like the Squid Sisters, their existence and Splatoon 1 in general was a paradigm shift and are some of my favorite Nintendo characters.
Off The Hook are also just great characters and I like them just as much if not more than The Squid Sisters, also cephalopod lesbians.
Deep Cut are another set of great characters but I feel were sidelined in their own game, but even with that, they are super entertaining and fun characters, and I kinda want them to win just because they are the underdogs.
And the only way to go back to that venue is..... by amiibo
And im sure its not even gonna be your permenent city either so why bother

Noipoi

Howdy!
Splatfest started on a Thursday?
Time zones. It’s Friday in Japan my dude.

I can understand that point of view but when I think of how Zelda fights it’s not by summoning random objects like Oro’s V-Trigger. I imagine her going like a tonne of magic spells and **** like Gandalf.
You write like you’re British and that disturbs me

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Time zones. It’s Friday in Japan my dude.

You write like you’re British and that disturbs me
On one hand i'm like "what do you mean?" but on the other hand I did grow up watching Walking With Dinosaurs and Planet Earth and listening to audiobooks of Lord of the Rings and when I was in high school I watched a lot of Caddicarus so there probably are a lot of britishism in my speak patterns.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Street Fighter 6 launched with 18 characters and Tekken 8 launched with 32. Why can’t Capcom actually focus on the important part of the game?
Street Fighter doesn’t really focus on a massive ass base roster compared to them carefully crafting the fights on the streets (and then rereleases/dlc). They tend to start low due to that…and they always manage to stay as top tier fighting game series

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Street Fighter doesn’t really focus on a massive ass base roster compared to them carefully crafting the fights on the streets (and then rereleases/dlc). They tend to start low due to that…and they always manage to stay as top tier fighting game series
I mean I like SFV but I feel like the general opinion on that game kind of contradicts your point.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I mean I like SFV but I feel like the general opinion on that game kind of contradicts your point.
SFV was a bit of a silly billy, but for the most part they usually focus on the points made…but V was just being silly (even with the base roster number being at 16 (2 less than SF6’s 18) to go alongside the gameplay set up)

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
SFV was a bit of a silly billy, but for the most part they usually focus on the points made…but V was just being silly (even with the base roster number being at 16 (2 less than SF6’s 18) to go alongside the gameplay set up)
Look I just want SF to have more characters in it. I didn’t even buy 6 until season 1 was out and on sale because it just didn’t feel like a good value.

I jumped on V during season 2 so I had a bit of a different experience with that one too compared to what people had at launch. And even though v ended up being my favorite game in the series it took a while to get there roster wise. And it still didn’t do the thing I wanted it to do. Have a substantially larger final roster than 4 did.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
really wondering if Echos of Widsom is a good base for a Zelda Smash rework or not. The game is not looking like it represents how Zelda fights very well.
At the very least, I was personally thinking the Tri Staff could be a rework of the Phantom move, basically she pulls out the staff and that as she charges up, it cycles through various objects with different utility. Sort of like Pac-Man’s Bonus Fruit but with stage control focused items with the Phantom being the final summon and coming out as is fully charged

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I stiil dont understand how cat owners or cat lovers are all "cats will be cats" when the cat is a bully. The cat gonna lose a paw if it aint careful. Id teach the cat to stop bulling before.... the dog strikes back
Just to clarify, we are trying to train her.

But if you think my dog is likely to strike at her for being kinda annoying at worst then you don't know my dog.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
We gotta fix these twitter embeds man
Does the embeds not display for you? I have not had any issues seeing any Twitter posts in this thread, so I’m curious.
Z25 Z25 Pokemon Emerald Seaglass is another great one.
I did see that one too. Looks pretty neat and at least does something really different with emerald

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
At the very least, I was personally thinking the Tri Staff could be a rework of the Phantom move, basically she pulls out the staff and that as she charges up, it cycles through various objects with different utility. Sort of like Pac-Man’s Bonus Fruit but with stage control focused items with the Phantom being the final summon and coming out as is fully charged
I guess that could be fun. But imo I don’t think it would improve her in smash all that much.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Look I just want SF to have more characters in it. I didn’t even buy 6 until season 1 was out and on sale because it just didn’t feel like a good value.

I jumped on V during season 2 so I had a bit of a different experience with that one too compared to what people had at launch. And even though v ended up being my favorite game in the series it took a while to get there roster wise. And it still didn’t do the thing I wanted it to do. Have a substantially larger final roster than 4 did.
Base roster wise, Street Fighter will likely never have them grow big in order to make more money off of people. Games like Smash (especially this one) and Tekken are an odd batch compared to the rest of the big leagues.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Base roster wise, Street Fighter will likely never have them grow big in order to make more money off of people. Games like Smash (especially this one) and Tekken are an odd batch compared to the rest of the big leagues.
It just frustrates me because like… you can do it. And people will still buy it. And like.., Tekken 8 is probably gonna get a lot of dlc. Plus look at how big KoF rosters are and SNK still has such a small budget. I just want more characters to play as and it is a thing they could easily do if they wanted to. But they don’t want to and that’s super frustrating.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
It just frustrates me because like… you can do it. And people will still buy it. And like.., Tekken 8 is probably gonna get a lot of dlc. Plus look at how big KoF rosters are and SNK still has such a small budget. I just want more characters to play as and it is a thing they could easily do if they wanted to. But they don’t want to and that’s super frustrating.
Outside of money and touching up on gameplay, perhaps it’s done to help balance out their story modes

Shroob

Sup?
Top contender for most forgettable Pika clone imo
More than Emolga, Togedemaru and Pawmo?

Pichu's got the whole baby gimmick(And being in Smash)

Plusle and Minun have the duo gimmick

Pachirisu has THE MEMES

Morpeko has the Hangry Mode

Only reason I remember the other 3 is because I see 'em, and Pawmo's the most recent one.

Top Bottom