• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of today's double Direct feature

• Balatro: Friends of Jimbo update

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Neva

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Coffee Talk Tokyo

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Powerwash Simulator Shrek DLC

• Date Everything!

• Pizza Tower

Votes: 18 46.2%
  • Other (Indie World)

• Tetris Forever + NES Tetris on NSO + Tetris 99 Cup

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • The Legend of Heroes Trial in the Sky the 1st

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Spongebob Squarepants: The Patrick Star Game

• Fitness Boxing 3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Capcom Fighting Collection 2

Votes: 20 51.3%
  • Atelier Yumia: The Alchemist of Memories & The Envisioned Land

• Castlevania Dominus Collection

Votes: 19 48.7%
  • MySims Cozy Bundle

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • Rune Factory: Guardians of Azuma

• Yakuza Kiwami

• Other (Partner Showcase)

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Nothing in Either

• The Sonic 3 Trailer

Votes: 21 53.8%

• Total voters

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh yeah it's banned isn't it?

Anyways back to Prism.
Also I know you prefer rom hacks, so I’d recommend looking into dark fire. Seems pretty good so far. But I haven’t played it yet. There’s a few other rom hacks coming out soon to that should be really promising.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
My roommate's cat has some audacity.

She just came right into my room where I was chilling with my dog, hissed at him and tried to chase him off, and then tried to beg me for food. >.>

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Here's some quick Multiversus updates:

The Powerpuff Girls are coming out September 17. They're a three in one fighter (think CatDog in Nickelodeon All Star Brawl but three instead of two).

Nubia (DC character connected to Wonder Woman lore) will be joining the battle a bit later. She seems to be using some sort of spear.

Now for two quick non-Multiversus updates:

Flappy Bird is coming back next year.

Microsoft is laying off another 650 people at Xbox. Most of them are corporate and supporting functions.

osby

Smash Obsessed
My roommate's cat has some audacity.

She just came right into my room where I was chilling with my dog, hissed at him and tried to chase him off, and then tried to beg me for food. >.>
Yeah, that sounds like a cat.

At least she didn't try to beat your dog up.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I gotta say. As these companies get more and more franchises under their belt, the less appealing massive crossovers based on company get.

Like there are so many marvel characters and so many Capcom characters and they’re all important or interesting and it just feels impossible to make a satisfying product because some people want the icons, some people want obscure characters, some people prioritize gameplay and just want interesting fighter movesets and none of it feels like it works anymore. It barely worked in the 90s and it really doesn’t work now.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I gotta say. As these companies get more and more franchises under their belt, the less appealing massive crossovers based on company get.

Like there are so many marvel characters and so many Capcom characters and they’re all important or interesting and it just feels impossible to make a satisfying product because some people want the icons, some people want obscure characters, some people prioritize gameplay and just want interesting fighter movesets and none of it feels like it works anymore. It barely worked in the 90s and it really doesn’t work now.
That's just the golden rule of any media: you can't please everyone.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Something I’ve been wondering since I started playing TvC… wtf are all these Tatsunoko characters named supposed to be? Like they mostly all follow the superhero naming convention of subject-man. But none of their subjects ever translate to anything when I try to look it up. What’s a Gatcha (as in Gatchaman)? What’s a Yatter (Yatterman)? How about an Ippatsu (Ippatsuman)? And then there are the names that just seem like random words like Casshern and Polymar. What do these names mean!?!

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Yeah, that sounds like a cat.

At least she didn't try to beat your dog up.
She does swat at his face a lot. Thankfully her claws are always sheathed and it's easy to get her to stop but it still stresses me out.

Hopefully they'll learn to get along sooner rather then later.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I finished all of the non-automatic confidants in Persona 5 Royal (aside from Faith which is listed as maxed out but I know there's more stuff in the third semester)

This was actually easier than completing every social link in Persona 4

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Something I’ve been wondering since I started playing TvC… wtf are all these Tatsunoko characters named supposed to be? Like they mostly all follow the superhero naming convention of subject-man. But none of their subjects ever translate to anything when I try to look it up. What’s a Gatcha (as in Gatchaman)? What’s a Yatter (Yatterman)? How about an Ippatsu (Ippatsuman)? And then there are the names that just seem like random words like Casshern and Polymar. What do these names mean!?!
Ippatsu means like, single hit iirc, Yatterman is supposed to be 'Yatta', like "We did it". Not sure what Tekkaman or Gatchaman's supposed to mean off the top of my head though

EDIT: Gatcha is supposed to be kagachi, the meaning pretty much being 'the people who grasp/seize', tekka is like redhot iron and I'm pretty sure Polymar has to do with polyster as I think his powers come from his suit

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
She does swat at his face a lot. Thankfully her claws are always sheathed and it's easy to get her to stop but it still stresses me out.

Hopefully they'll learn to get along sooner rather then later.
That cat better be careful before the dog gets sick of that

Cats are assholes (no one cant change my mind) to the degree they will ****ing bully the dog

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Ippatsu means like, single hit iirc, Yatterman is supposed to be 'Yatta', like "We did it". Not sure what Tekkaman or Gatchaman's supposed to mean off the top of my head though

EDIT: Gatcha is supposed to be kagachi, the meaning pretty much being 'the people who grasp/seize', tekka is like redhot iron and I'm pretty sure Polymar has to do with polyster as I think his powers come from his suit
Thank you! I can appreciate these characters way more now!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Thank you! I can appreciate these characters way more now!
A quick google also tells me Casshern's name is supposed to be 'cache' to refer to him keeping his android identity secret or the Japanese sound for glass breaking, meant to symbolize how Casshern's choice to become an android to fight evil can never be undone, never again will he gain the humanity he lost that day

Noipoi

Howdy!

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Well, the Brawl mod REX posted news today but not in a way I'd ever expected: We got a new teaser screenshot, but also some really heavy stuff from the head of the dev team talking about loss in real life.

man...

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
That cat better be careful before the dog gets sick of that

Cats are assholes (no one cant change my mind) to the degree they will ****ing bully the dog
She is being a bully at this point but I won't blame a cat for being a cat. Still I'm trying to do what I can to train her to get along with him.

As for my dog...he's way too submissive to snap back on his own. Too nice for his own good. At least it makes it unlikely either of them will ever actually get hurt, but he could stand to bark back at her every once in a while.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
we live in a society where ****ing Kite-Man has one of the most successful DC project premieres of the year followed by Suicide Squad Isekai and alongside Batman Caped Crusader

SSKTJL, Joker Musical, and DC animated movies in general y’all gotta step it up

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
She is being a bully at this point but I won't blame a cat for being a cat. Still I'm trying to do what I can to train her to get along with him.

As for my dog...he's way too submissive to snap back on his own. Too nice for his own good. At least it makes it unlikely either of them will ever actually get hurt, but he could stand to bark back at her every once in a while.
I stiil dont understand how cat owners or cat lovers are all "cats will be cats" when the cat is a bully. The cat gonna lose a paw if it aint careful. Id teach the cat to stop bulling before.... the dog strikes back
My cat licks walls

I think she's got cat ADHD or something
Yooooo you live in a candy house? Im on my way over

Last edited:
Top Bottom