• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
god, crash team rumble really just came and went didn't it. I know the microsoft buyout affected it but I also never heard people talk about the game. I guess online multiplayer competitive fruit picking isn't a genre that resonated with people.

Noipoi

Howdy!
What if Emio was the bag and was just puppeting the guy in the suit.

That would mean Emio has a friend.

From his perspective, a friend inside me

View attachment 392289
The secret boss in chapter 3 is gonna be a cowboy who's depressed because his show was cancelled

And we'll never be rid of these friend inside me memes

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
Bro is just Dr. Flug on a bad day, leave my man alone.

I swear to Zavok, I thought that show was a fever dream-

On an unrelated note, I just remembered one of my old, dusty computers held together with duct tape and spit has a Sonic Lost World (and JUST that particular game) tribute video set to Weird Al's Now That's What I Call Polka. I remember being really proud of it. Especially the Somebody That I Used To Know sequence lmao

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Alright I'm gonna need someone to give me the hookup on these cursed Woodie pics, they're ****ing killing me
Here's the cliffnotes on Friend Inside Me. Toby Fox posted this video on his Tumblr (he might be spamming it? Not sure)

Most thought this was a classic Tobias Vulpine jape, but someone started thinking about it and posted a video making a semi-serious claim that a Woody expy would be the third secret boss in Chapter 3 ("Woody Theory"). The crux of it is that Toby has mentioned a "scrapped" cowboy section, but the video maker postulates it's the in-universe show that was cancelled, like Woody's Roundup was. It fits the "discarded" theme, like the joker card and spam mail, and the cowboy character being limited in what it can say due to it's voice box(/friend inside it) fits the freedom motif also present. And every week or so someone discovers something that kinda sorta helps Woody Theory if you squint.

Honestly I kinda believe it, but the Deltarune fandom has bugs in their brain and a solid chuck have been nonstop posting about the Friends inside them...
1720678053581.png

Myself included.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Good god my Youtube rec feed is just non stop Zenless whatever it is.

Hoyoverse was a mistake.
Been thinking this for a few days, Hoyoverse is the most annoying gaming thing I have ever seen

I keep getting ads for it shoved in my face and yet I remain aggressively disinterested

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Lord
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
Here's the cliffnotes on Friend Inside Me. Toby Fox posted this video on his Tumblr (he might be spamming it? Not sure)

Most thought this was a classic Tobias Vulpine jape, but someone started thinking about it and posted a video making a semi-serious claim that a Woody expy would be the third secret boss in Chapter 3 ("Woody Theory"). The crux of it is that Toby has mentioned a "scrapped" cowboy section, but the video maker postulates it's the in-universe show that was cancelled, like Woody's Roundup was. It fits the "discarded" theme, like the joker card and spam mail, and the cowboy character being limited in what it can say due to it's voice box(/friend inside it) fits the freedom motif also present. And every week or so someone discovers something that kinda sorta helps Woody Theory if you squint.

Honestly I kinda believe it, but the Deltarune fandom has bugs in their brain and a solid chuck have been nonstop posting about the Friends inside them...
View attachment 392298
Myself included.
Screenshot_20240711-023917.png

...And these are the cliffnotes?

Shroob

Sup?
Been thinking this for a few days, Hoyoverse is the most annoying gaming thing I have ever seen

I keep getting ads for it shoved in my face and yet I remain aggressively disinterested
It feels like there's just SOO MUCH of it.

Honkai Impact 3rd, Genshin Impact, Honkai Star Rail, Zenless whatever

That's FOUR ****ing gacha games all running simultaneously. FOUR.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
If the Deadly Six got their own video game, I'm pretty curious about how Sega would do it.

Would it be a sequential level deal swapping between different Zeti, a multi-story affair like Sonic Adventure, or an insane six-player co-op game?

Jondolio

Smash Hero
It feels like there's just SOO MUCH of it.

Honkai Impact 3rd, Genshin Impact, Honkai Star Rail, Zenless whatever

That's FOUR ****ing gacha games all running simultaneously. FOUR.
Didn't realize there were more than 2, they all blend together for me

God we're going to unironically have people advocating for a Hoyoverse rep next Smash aren't we.
If this happens Smash is dead to me fr, I don't care how justified it is but my tolerance has its limits

Shroob

Sup?
Didn't realize there were more than 2, they all blend together for me

If this happens Smash is dead to me fr, I don't care how justified it is but my tolerance has its limits
I'm a boomer, so the thought of a mobile game rep in Smash feels wrong to me and I don't want it.

But at the same time

Mobile gaming isn't going anywhere, and as predatory as they can be, the market's huge, and one that Nintendo tried(And kinda failed) to dip their toes in.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I'm a boomer, so the thought of a mobile game rep in Smash feels wrong to me and I don't want it.

But at the same time

Mobile gaming isn't going anywhere, and as predatory as they can be, the market's huge, and one that Nintendo tried(And kinda failed) to dip their toes in.
I don't mind a mobile game rep in theory, I just want Hoyoverse to keep their filthy, grimey hands away from Smash

Shroob

Sup?
I don't mind a mobile game rep in theory, I just want Hoyoverse to keep their filthy, grimey hands away from Smash
I guess for me, it's more a principle thing.

Technically speaking, to this day, if you wanna play a game that a character comes from, assuming you have the hardware(or emulation), you can still play like 90% of the games that the Ultimate roster has under their belts.

But mobile games are transient. When the servers die, they die, and while you have rare instances like the Mega Man X one that made an offline version to play, the wide majority of them shut down the server and they're just dead forever.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I guess for me, it's more a principle thing.

Technically speaking, to this day, if you wanna play a game that a character comes from, assuming you have the hardware(or emulation), you can still play like 90% of the games that the Ultimate roster has under their belts.

But mobile games are transient. When the servers die, they die, and while you have rare instances like the Mega Man X one that made an offline version to play, the wide majority of them shut down the server and they're just dead forever.
I can get behind this way of thinking as well but consider how many console games are like this now. Fortnite's a big one and one a lot of people think could be in Smash

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I have no problem with people enjoying the Mihoyo games but I refuse to look at them myself, everything I know of them is against my will as I refuse to form a gambling addiction. Not even Sonic or Fire Emblem could seduce me to that evil.

Also I read Kagurabachi, it's pretty good, I get the hype

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Luffy says that being a pirate's fun.
I mean I guess but pirating those types of games just seems like a hassle, you have to really like the game to want to keep the services alive

Something tells me not every modern live service game is gonna have a dedicated server after the dust is settled

Shroob

Sup?
I mean I guess but pirating those types of games just seems like a hassle, you have to really like the game to want to keep the services alive

Something tells me not every modern live service game is gonna have a dedicated server after the dust is settled
Oh, no, that was in regards to your comment about games being on old systems that are hard to access in modern times lol.

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
Last edited:
Top Bottom