• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
IMG_0619.jpeg

Jotadé Jotadé Speed Weed Speed Weed

decided to get in on this shizz
I couldn’t find hulk in the drop down and I got tired of searching for the green galoomp, but yes he would be on the roster.

For the rest of it I probably have some outside
choices on here and some criminal omissions to a lot of people. But I figured if I’m going to make my ideal roster might as well go all the way with it y’know?

EDIT : also I too believe in darkhawk supremacy

EDIT two electric boogaloo: also add kingpin to complete the daredevil trifecta

Last edited:

Jotadé

Smash Ace
View attachment 391536

I couldn’t find hulk in the drop down and I got tired of searching for the green galoomp, but yes he would be on the roster.

choices on here and some criminal omissions to a lot of people. But I figured if I’m going to make my ideal roster might as well go all the way with it y’know?

Ok, gonna try to say this in a way which doesn't come off as weird:
I genuiely would kiss you on the cheek, give you a big hug and gift you a skin in Fortnite for adding the Invisible Woman to your roster. Not capping, she's like my favourite Marvel character ever and I am so glad someone else sees her potential in MvC.

Rest of the roster is awesome btw, Sauron is a very creative pick and Spectrum and Zemo would go hard.

Nice to see Viewtiful Joe on the Capcom side as well.

Yeah, really pleased with your roster.

Edit: nope, It still sounds weird to read. Got too comfy with my choice of words and I wanna apologize for that.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
As much as I'm enjoying the first Bayonetta game I don't think I have it in me to complete it

Not this time at the very least, the game is very difficult and as much as I am liking it, it is just another entry in the backlog at the end of the day. A damn good one at that, but I have so many games I want to play that I don't want to waste too much time on this one after I beat the main story

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
Ok, gonna try to say this in a way which doesn't come off as weird:
I genuiely would kiss you on the cheek, give you a big hug and gift you a skin in Fortnite for adding the Invisible Woman to your roster. Not capping, she's like my favourite Marvel character ever and I am so glad someone else sees her potential in MvC.

Rest of the roster is awesome btw, Sauron is a very creative pick and Spectrum and Zemo would go hard.

Nice to see Viewtiful Joe on the Capcom side as well.

Yeah, really pleased with your roster.

Edit: nope, It still sounds weird to read. Got too comfy with my choice of words and I wanna apologize for that.
The forcefielding shenanigans alone with invisible woman would be dope
It is weird cause powers wise she’s definitely the most engaging to me of the f4 but a lot people see her as the boring one

Im glad you noted the Sauron pick I just love the stupid make everyone dinosaurs scientist too much to leave him out

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Throwing my hat into the MVC roster ring

I am decently proud of this one, although there are definitely some additions I am constantly thinking and rethinking. It also feels a bit standard, but sometimes that is good.

-I had Elsa Bloodstone and Gwenpool but felt they were a bit too similar to Blade and Deadpool respectively
-I am constantly flip flopping on the RE character selections, I like the idea of Dimitrescu and Wesker, but also no Jill feels weird and Leon also deserves something
-Also thought about replacing the Hunter with one of the monsters.
-Akira I thought about replacing with another Rival Schools or even a Power Stone or Red Earth character, but Akira just felt right

Jotadé

Smash Ace
The forcefielding shenanigans alone with invisible woman would be dope
It is weird cause powers wise she’s definitely the most engaging to me of the f4 but a lot people see her as the boring one

Im glad you noted the Sauron pick I just love the stupid make everyone dinosaurs scientist too much to leave him out
Exactly! I honestly blame It on the movies which did the character really dirty for general audiences.

Idk, Sue for me is awesome. She can cut anything with her force fields, she can use them to fly around, heck she even can Breathe underwater or inside a volcano with them. And best of all: she is a master of stealth.

She also has a heart of gold: she deeply cares about her entire family, and doesn't mess around when people think little of her, Reed or her children Franklin and Valeria.

Praying so badly the new Fantastic Four movie and Vanessa Kirby do the character justice on the big screen, she really deserves to be appreciated and be a big role model for children as Black Widow or Captain Marvel.

And yeah, Sauron's fun lol.

Jotadé

Smash Ace
Yo dezeray112 dezeray112 you lived in London or at least the UK right? They are shooting The Fantastic Four there on July 24th.

A shame they aren't shooting on Gran Canaria as John Krasinski did for Jack Ryan, but hopefully Pedro Pascal and Vanessa Kirby pass by one day, they seem like chill people.

Roguewolf

Smash Lord

I am decently proud of this one, although there are definitely some additions I am constantly thinking and rethinking. It also feels a bit standard, but sometimes that is good.

-I had Elsa Bloodstone and Gwenpool but felt they were a bit too similar to Blade and Deadpool respectively
-I am constantly flip flopping on the RE character selections, I like the idea of Dimitrescu and Wesker, but also no Jill feels weird and Leon also deserves something
-Akira I thought about replacing with another Rival Schools or even a Power Stone or Red Earth character, but Akira just felt right
Daredevil=peak

I don’t make the rules
This rosters is great as well
It’s like there’s so many options to make a mvc game that any roster is oops all bangers

if only a company could make more of these games at any time

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
View attachment 391536

EDIT two electric boogaloo: also add kingpin to complete the daredevil trifecta
DARKHAWK CHADS UNITE

Solid roster all around, but I do feel the Capcom side in particular feels really heavy on the veterans - I'd throw in some more new blood personally

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Where are you guys making these rosters?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Decided to throw my hat in the ring with an MvC roster Jotadé Jotadé Speed Weed Speed Weed Roguewolf Roguewolf
Untitled.png

There were two capcom characters I wanted that weren't on the (otherwise very comprehensive) tier list maker sight. Those being Herlock Sholmes and the protagonist from Monster Hunter Stories with Ratha. So yeah... slot them in next to the other characters from their franchise.

Also I WANTED Zero from Mega Man Zero instead of X and for the Monster Hunter to be updated to reflect Monster Hunter Rise (or I guess that new MH that was just announced. I already forget what it's called) but again, they did not have pictures in the tier maker.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Well I watched the first Quiet Place in preparation for Day One. Gonna watch the second film on Thursday.

As I said, I was too hard on these movies back then as I acknowledge some movies require suspension of disbelief to work but if there's still one thing that grates at me, even if its a nitpick.

How Beau's death could've been avoided. In a world run over by seemingly indestructible aliens with armor that can withstand anything and are attracted by sound. You would think the parents would've known better not to let their youngest child trail last in line and keep in the front to watch over him? Also the fact the father didn't place the batteries on a higher shelf where Beau couldn't have grabbed them but instead placed them where he could grab them. You'd think he'd know better. Kids are gonna be kids and aren't sometimes going to listen. I wouldn't have risked it.

Aside from that, I think they're decent movies at best though kind of overrated (There's so much nitpicking these films have I could bring up). I'm excited for Day One since it really gives off those Cloverfield vibes.

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
I might work on one of these rosters at some point, but I'm utterly terrible at MVC ones in particular.

That being said, I do have one suggestion - or, rather, two. I think it'd be neat to have a couple of secret characters you can select with character inputs, specifically Ken and U.S. Agent. Specifically, it's because I think it's likely for Cap to be replaced with his Sam Wilson variation, so U.S. Agent would be a more "classic" take on the Captain America moveset who'd have a normal Captain America alt as his P2 - while Ken's here because he's a semi-clone of Ryu. Plus, both characters have been secret fighters before. Marvel vs. Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes included both "Ken mode" and "Akuma mode" for Ryu, whereas U.S. Agent was a full clone of Captain America back in Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter, so if anything - it'd be a neat callback, too.

(Also, unrelated, but I think Kimberly is the most logical SF6 rep. Even aside from her popularity, the fact that her fighting style is a variant of Bushinryu would easily make her a cool candidate to play off any other Final Fight reps, such as Haggar. Nothing against the other characters, I just think she's cool on that front!)

Last edited:

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
Decided to throw my hat in the ring with an MvC roster Jotadé Jotadé Speed Weed Speed Weed Roguewolf Roguewolf
View attachment 391545
There were two capcom characters I wanted that weren't on the (otherwise very comprehensive) tier list maker sight. Those being Herlock Sholmes and the protagonist from Monster Hunter Stories with Ratha. So yeah... slot them in next to the other characters from their franchise.

Also I WANTED Zero from Mega Man Zero instead of X and for the Monster Hunter to be updated to reflect Monster Hunter Rise (or I guess that new MH that was just announced. I already forget what it's called) but again, they did not have pictures in the tier maker.
The daredevil litmus test has been fulfilled and I commend you for including the goat

I like the crystal and sersi I picks for the lesser known characters getting shine

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
View attachment 391545

I'll just say I'm glad you added Fou-Lu, I wanted him on mine as well

Top Bottom