• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Speaking of marvel vs capcom. If we got more Ace attorney characters, while any of the prosecutors would be cool…

The steel Samurai could be fun, or more interesting, we should get probably the most evil character in that franchise:

1719336532053.png

Last edited:

Jotadé

Smash Ace
Speaking of marvel vs capcom. If we got more Ace attorney characters, while any of the prosecutors would be cool…

The steel Samurai could be fun, or more interesting, we should get probably the most evil character in that franchise:

Haven't played Ace Attorney, but I have some extremely surface level knowledge from those parodies which use resources from the games to make up scenes.

I really liked the idea of Fraziska Von Karma because she seems to be a whip user, and I think they could get creative with that+Karma's version of a possible turnaround mode from MvC3 to differentiate her from Poison.

Reactions: Z25

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Alright Jotadé Jotadé
my-image (9).png

Some notes:

-This isn't the full roster. There are 4 Capcom picks I have that are missing from the tiermaker, and they are Jamie from Street Fighter, Wesker from Resident Evil, Bass.EXE from Mega Man Battle Network, and the Arisen from Dragon's Dogma
-Wasp is in here but tbh she's a super last-minute interchangeable pick, you can swap her out with another veteran like Venom or Cyclops or even someone like the Thing
-Sissel is actually Lynne with Sissel assisting by possessing stuff to attack
-It was between Gene and Asura for sort of the "cult action game" pick, so I just got lazy and saw which game was higher on the Capcom poll lol
-Darkhawk was specifically picked as my "literal who" on the Marvel side, I just think he's cool
-I REALLY wanted to add Heisenberg from RE Village but I wanted more space for characters from new series
-I also desperately tried to make room for Bren Turner from E.X. Troopers, who tends to be my deep cut bias Capcom pick in these rosters, but I just couldn't fit him in
-Lord Raptor honestly could have been any other Darkstalker
-Before I started narrowing things down, I was toying with the idea of adding a new "retro" Capcom pick, like an old arcade character who isn't from a fighting game. If she wasn't in legal hell, my pick would've been Linn Kurosawa, but that was out of the question, and most of the other characters I was considering either overlapped too much with other characters or I felt were pretty hard sells to a casual player. Ultimately, I think the pick that came closest was someone from Battle Circuit, likely Yellow Iris, but there wouldn't have been enough room anyway

Last edited:

Jotadé

Smash Ace
Alright Jotadé Jotadé
View attachment 391528
Some notes:

-This isn't the full roster. There are 4 Capcom picks I have that are missing from the tiermaker, and they are Jamie from Street Fighter, Wesker from Resident Evil, Bass.EXE from Mega Man Battle Network, and the Arisen from Dragon's Dogma
-Wasp is in here but tbh she's a super last-minute interchangeable pick, you can swap her out with another veteran like Venom or Cyclops or even someone like the Thing
-Sissel is actually Lynne with Sissel assisting by possessing stuff to attack
-It was between Gene and Asura for sort of the "cult action game" pick, so I just got lazy and saw which game was higher on the Capcom poll lol
-Darkhawk was specifically picked as my "literal who" on the Marvel side, I just think he's cool
-I REALLY wanted to add Heisenberg from RE Village but I wanted more space for characters from new series
-I also desperately tried to make room for Bren Turner from E.X. Troopers, who tends to be my deep cut bias Capcom pick in these rosters, but I just couldn't fit him in
-Lord Raptor honestly could have been any other Darkstalker
-Before I started narrowing things down, I was toying with the idea of adding a new "retro" Capcom pick, like an old arcade character who isn't from a fighting game. If she wasn't in legal hell, my pick would've been Linn Kurosawa, but that was out of the question, and most of the other characters I was considering either overlapped too much with other characters or I felt were pretty hard sells to a casual player. Ultimately, I think the pick that came closest was someone from Battle Circuit, likely Yellow Iris, but there wouldn't have been enough room anyway
Ooooooh, I really like your roster. Seems very down to Earth.

Nico Minoru is such a Creative and fun choice, I think she is one of the Runaways. Really underrated team, would be dope to get any of them in MvC.

Kingpin and Green Goblin are also fun ideas for fighters. Really dig them.

Blade I am mixed on, not because I think he would be bad (far from It, he freaking rocks) but rather because I worry about players thinking he could be too similar to Dante and Vergil. Although maybe if they use some of his gadgets that could be enough to differentiate him, so yeah.

As for the retro pick from arcades, not sure if this would count but anyone from Power Stone would be dope. In case you don't know the Gameplay: It is a 3D fighting game where you go around an arena and fight your opponent grabbing items and throwing stuff. You can also collect the so called Power Stones (three in total) to transform and unleash some extremely powerful moves.
I could see the Stones working similarly to Phoenix Wright's items on MvC3, and you could use any of the other items from the game as combos and such.
Although I just noticed you said someone who isn't from a fighting game, which yeah, then Power Stone wouldn't apply. I like the idea you proposed of Yellow Iris doh.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Fair. That's the only other thing I know about one piece. It's long.

Though I thought there was a chance they might have said something like "we're not touching that, too controversial" in interviews or something.
Why would a genderfluid drag queen/bio queen based on a beloved classic be too controversial? Like, we have multiple trans characters who aren't based on Rocky Horror Picture Show, it really isn't a problem
Haven't played Ace Attorney, but I have some extremely surface level knowledge from those parodies which use resources from the games to make up scenes.

I really liked the idea of Fraziska Von Karma because she seems to be a whip user, and I think they could get creative with that+Karma's version of a possible turnaround mode from MvC3 to differentiate her from Poison.
Actually, Franny was planned to appear in Tatsunoko vs Capcom alongside Nick hinself, though they didn't quite know how to implement him so they scrapped the idea

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Ooooooh, I really like your roster. Seems very down to Earth.

Nico Minoru is such a Creative and fun choice, I think she is one of the Runaways. Really underrated team, would be dope to get any of them in MvC.

Kingpin and Green Goblin are also fun ideas for fighters. Really dig them.

Blade I am mixed on, not because I think he would be bad (far from It, he freaking rocks) but rather because I worry about players thinking he could be too similar to Dante and Vergil. Although maybe if they use some of his gadgets that could be enough to differentiate him, so yeah.

As for the retro pick from arcades, not sure if this would count but anyone from Power Stone would be dope. In case you don't know the Gameplay: It is a 3D fighting game where you go around an arena and fight your opponent grabbing items and throwing stuff. You can also collect the so called Power Stones (three in total) to transform and unleash some extremely powerful moves.
I could see the Stones working similarly to Phoenix Wright's items on MvC3, and you could use any of the other items from the game as combos and such.
Although I just noticed you said someone who isn't from a fighting game, which yeah, then Power Stone wouldn't apply. I like the idea you proposed of Yellow Iris doh.
Oh I'm well aware of Power Stone, it'd be cool to see for sure. I had Akira and Devilotte as my "non-SF/Darkstalkers fighting game" picks

Jotadé

Smash Ace
Why would a genderfluid drag queen/bio queen based on a beloved classic be too controversial? Like, we have multiple trans characters who aren't based on Rocky Horror Picture Show, it really isn't a problem

Actually, Franny was planned to appear in Tatsunoko vs Capcom alongside Nick hinself, though they didn't quite know how to implement him so they scrapped the idea
Oooooh, I didn't know that about Tatsunoko VS Capcom. Such a shame they both GOT scrapped, they could have been really fun choices.

Honestly, I really wanna play TvC some day, seems like a really fun and underrated game.

Oh I'm well aware of Power Stone, it'd be cool to see for sure. I had Akira and Devilotte as my "non-SF/Darkstalkers fighting game" picks
Ooooooh, nice nice. Akira makes a lot of sense and would be quite fun.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
It'd be nice to have an updated Ultimate version of MvC:I. It doesn't have to be particularly huge just add in some of the X-Men and cut characters that were supposed to be in the next seasons and update the visuals a bit. I dunno, it'll always be weird to me that MvC:I was obviously handicapped and left to die when it was actually a very fun game.

Jotadé

Smash Ace
Btw, off-topic ya'll, but I feel so dizzy and sleepy. It is like being in a cloud a few meters high of the ground and constantly rolling on It.

It's weird, feels both comfy... But I also have a hard time trying to keep myself awake throught the day.

And Speed Weed Speed Weed , Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen , SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 and osby osby : had a lot of fun talking about MvC with ya'll. You all have really great tastes on games imo, and you all had cool ideas for more fighters.

Anyways, gonna try to sleep properly tonight. Hopefully I feel less sleepy and dizzy if I do so. And even if I still am, I have the appointment with my doctor tomorrow, so she surely will lend me a hand with It.

Yeah, not sure what else to say, today was a comfy day overall both online and IRL. Really appreciate It :)

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

I don’t know. I’m used to anything queer being inherently demonized and removed or minimized.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Damn, A Pokemon Company W

Glad that the AI spammer is disqualified, but now there's a bigger problem: Another rule these contests have is that you're not allowed to publicly show the art you submitted until the top 300 has been announced. And...pretty much everyone who used human hands to draw art for the contest has shown their art to the public by now. Does it still count if there has to be a new top 300?

Last edited:

Jotadé

Smash Ace
It's very cool to see that Ebon is going deep into the comics to prepare himself for Ben Grimm.

Marvel Unlimited is such a great app for that btw, I think It has every comic book Marvel published in the USA besides Godzilla, Transformers and Shogun Warriors I think.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I don’t know. I’m used to anything queer being inherently demonized and removed or minimized.
Then you don't know One Piece. Ivankov's debut in the anime also outright uses the word gay with a similar character proudly saying queer and such, this is ignoring multiple canonically queer characters like Bon Clay, Yamato, Kiku and arguably Law

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Odd, I went to my GameStop store yesterday and pre-ordered the Marvel vs Capcom collection without a problem but I went back today to preorder Zelda and Mario & Luigi and the cashier told me those two games aren't available for pre-order yet.

Those three games were all announced in the same presentation and MvC is the only one of the bunch without a solid release date. I don't get it.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
Have I ever mentioned before that Spore is my favorite game of all time?

Cuz I think it might be. I couldn't give less of a darn about what it "could've been" when what we got makes me THIS happy.

It's flawed, sure, I could do without the constant crashes and the third stage is agony if you aren't going the green path...but this game has been part of my life for 16 years now, and I couldn't see my life without it and especially the GA expansion.

SUCH a shame that EA doesn't give a heck about it anymore. It doesn't even work right on the EA App.

Please bring this game back to relevance, Planet Earth.

Also Al Packa my beloved
1719341638305.png

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

That is fair, and the whip would definitely differentiate her. She’s still a great character, although I like Blackquil a little more. Mainly because he’s pretty entertaining throughout the new trilogy.

As for the other character I posted, there’s a lot going on with them, so if you don’t mind story spoilers for that game, I’ll list some interesting things below.
Dahlia is a truly horrible human being. She’s actually the entire reason Phoenix ends up a lawyer originally.

In college, Phoenix was an icon, rocking a pink sweater and a sort of cry baby.

The love of his life was Dahlia Hawthorne, someone listed as the perfect woman, sweet charming, caring. Except it couldn’t be further from the truth.

She used her charms to get a guy to steal poison for her from the schools science lab. Her charm works, and she hides the poison in a bottle of phoenix’s cough medicine, unbeknownst to him.

A fellow student catches her and she pushes him into hanging electric wires after a storm knocked out the power lines. Phoenix is framed for this crime because he was beefing with the kid earlier when he tried to warn Phoenix Dhalia was bad news. Phoenix didn’t believe him and after they found the stolen bottle of poison on his person, Phoenix was in big trouble. Mia takes his case and quickly begins to realize Dhalia’s True colors and she begins to realize this isn’t the first time they crossed paths.

In other cases that game, Dahlia convinces a convict to escape prison, run away with her, convinces him to poison himself in the court so that she can’t be convicted on a separate murder and a conspiracy plot. She also permanently blinds a lawyer, which inadvertent leads to him killing somebody else later.

she gets the death penalty after the case she tried to frame Phoenix in and it’s revealed in the last case of the game she died a few months prior. However that didn’t stop her. As she is channeled back to the real world to aid in another murder and conspiracy plot that pheonix gets caught up in. Leading him to finally confront her once and for all, sending her back to hell where she belongs.

She has a whole like demon entity breakdown to, even when she is a live. Giving her dark fairy vibes, and could maybe channel that into a rage meter using her umbrella as a weapon or more.
Fransica would probably work way more, but there’s some fun options in other ace attorney characters too. As long as we get Phoenix back in the next one, I’m happy.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
That is fair, and the whip would definitely differentiate her. She’s still a great character, although I like Blackquil a little more. Mainly because he’s pretty entertaining throughout the new trilogy.

As for the other character I posted, there’s a lot going on with them, so if you don’t mind story spoilers for that game, I’ll list some interesting things below.
Dahlia is a truly horrible human being. She’s actually the entire reason Phoenix ends up a lawyer originally.

In college, Phoenix was an icon, rocking a pink sweater and a sort of cry baby.

The love of his life was Dahlia Hawthorne, someone listed as the perfect woman, sweet charming, caring. Except it couldn’t be further from the truth.

She used her charms to get a guy to steal poison for her from the schools science lab. Her charm works, and she hides the poison in a bottle of phoenix’s cough medicine, unbeknownst to him.

A fellow student catches her and she pushes him into hanging electric wires after a storm knocked out the power lines. Phoenix is framed for this crime because he was beefing with the kid earlier when he tried to warn Phoenix Dhalia was bad news. Phoenix didn’t believe him and after they found the stolen bottle of poison on his person, Phoenix was in big trouble. Mia takes his case and quickly begins to realize Dhalia’s True colors and she begins to realize this isn’t the first time they crossed paths.

In other cases that game, Dahlia convinces a convict to escape prison, run away with her, convinces him to poison himself in the court so that she can’t be convicted on a separate murder and a conspiracy plot. She also permanently blinds a lawyer, which inadvertent leads to him killing somebody else later.

she gets the death penalty after the case she tried to frame Phoenix in and it’s revealed in the last case of the game she died a few months prior. However that didn’t stop her. As she is channeled back to the real world to aid in another murder and conspiracy plot that pheonix gets caught up in. Leading him to finally confront her once and for all, sending her back to hell where she belongs.

She has a whole like demon entity breakdown to, even when she is a live. Giving her dark fairy vibes, and could maybe channel that into a rage meter using her umbrella as a weapon or more.
Fransica would probably work way more, but there’s some fun options in other ace attorney characters too. As long as we get Phoenix back in the next one, I’m happy.
I mean. Dahlia is pretty great but no way in hell is she fighter material. Like, sure, she's noteworthy even if I believe she's kinda misunderstood by AA fans, but absolutely not MvC material
There goes Dr. Disrespect's career
More like Dr. Diddler

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I just pre-ordered the Shantae Swimsuit Special magazine. They had 7 variants of this on sale, each with a different cover art. 2 of them are $5 each, 1 of them is $7, and 4 of them are $20 each. I just went with one of the $5 ones as it was my favorite art.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Another streamer who disrespected the golden rule of “just be normal and don’t fall for the bait”.

Must be a day that ends in “y”.

But seriously, how hard is it for these people to be normal?
Tbh I don't like the "don't fall for the bait" part. Like, what, did Chris Hansen catch him? Is Chris Hansen regularly targeting Twitch streamers? The ****heel got in trouble on his own

Jotadé

Smash Ace
There goes Dr. Disrespect's career
There's something ironic about some person who calls themselves Dr.Disrespect turning out to be a bad person, ngl.

It's like bro doesn't even want to be secretive about being a pos 💀
Ngl doh, they always gave me weirdo vibes from the stuff I have heard about them.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
What did Dr. Disrespect do
He was perma banned on twitch for ***ting a minor over twitch whispers and trying to meet up with them on twitch con.

People thought the claim was fake, but multiple journalists came out supporting them, and he just admitted that he did interact with minors, but claimed it wasn’t sexual. Meanwhile he edit the tweet later to remove the word minor which is pretty bad.

twitch also took him to court to presumably cover this up and they lost, despite the evidence pointing that twitch was probably right.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero

I remember a time when both Phoenix Wright and Franziska von Karma were considered for Tatsunoko Vs Capcom but were both scrapped.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
He was perma banned on twitch for ***ting a minor over twitch whispers and trying to meet up with them on twitch con.

People thought the claim was fake, but multiple journalists came out supporting them, and he just admitted that he did interact with minors, but claimed it wasn’t sexual. Meanwhile he edit the tweet later to remove the word minor which is pretty bad.

twitch also took him to court to presumably cover this up and they lost, despite the evidence pointing that twitch was probably right.
That's awful, why is it so hard to be a normal human being

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
That's awful, why is it so hard to be a normal human being
There’s likely hundreds of similar content creators across the globe doing suspicious **** like this and hoping to never get caught doing it, or to get caught for something they did years ago.

Thankfully the digital footprint makes itself loud and clear

Last edited:
Top Bottom