• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Jotadé

Smash Ace
I feel like most modern games haven't been worth 70 bucks. So many of them start out glitchy recently too. All the more why waiting on games and not being ruled by FOMO can help. You wait a bit and they get cheaper outside of Nintendo being extra stingy. Which I still feel like is an issue perpetuated by the constant need to push graphics, leading to games being more expensive than they need to be.
Yeah, I understand your reasoning, It is also one many people share.

I feel It is only worth It to preorder Collector's Edition of games, and in my case with my financial situation should focus solely on the franchises I love the most. Already cancelled some preorders for a Lara Croft Collector's Edition and all.

With that said, I won't deny I have a huge spending addiction. For some reason buying stuff such as merch or add-ons to my games is my way of coping with some stuff caused by social anxiety. It is something serious, specially with today's economy. Need to keep working on that so I don't get as concerned and anxious about buying things.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
At this point I wanna see Geno in the next Smash because it’d make a hell of a story.

Obscure side character from decades old Mario game gets to fight among gaming giants, just because of his fans.
What? Sorry, I thought the story would be (for a Smash Adventure Mode) about the Seven Stars again. :p

Jotadé

Smash Ace
Honestly, at this point I really only want Pauline in Smash Bros now that I've quite literally got everything I could ask for.

Specially now that my decades long dream of playing MvC2 on modern systems has been achieved, just wanna put a great close to the cycle you know?
Just imagine it: living in a world where I got Metroid Dread and Prime 4, Pauline made It to a console Mario Kart and Smash Bros, the Fantastic Four managed to get a good movie at last, I got to see a King Kong vs Godzilla movie remake on cinemas, I got to play MvC2 officially and with online and also a world where Toy Story in KH and Sora/Roy/the DQ8 Hero all got into Smash Bros.

Literally getting all of my pipedreams from my childhood fulfilled. It would truly feel like the end of an era.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It’s a serpent that can control water, probably slide around with it and a rock that can move around with ghostly energy. Nothing against Roserade, but I think both my options could work with a bit of creativity. Besides Pokémon come in all sorts of shapes, humanoid, animal, object, etc. and it’d be nice if a platform fighter like Smash or god forbid an original Pokémon platfighter embraced that a little.
Hey. It’s cool you like it. I’ll just complain about it if it ever actually happens.

Waiting for the day Pokémon makes a tank of water for aquatic pokemon to swim in during a fight.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Geno in Smash could be cool... But idk, I can live without It.

I personally would care more if we got Pauline. Mostly because she means more to me on a personal level.

I do think people get really weird about Geno in Smash, both the people who want him and the people who don't. I was on one Discord server where the people who wanted Geno in were "hardcore Nintendo fans" constantly praying on Sony's downfall and claiming their games are all the same. Some of them even had weird takes about Modern Mario games and Mario+Rabbids. And in the case of some of the people I've met Who don't want Geno in Smash... Idk, been blacklisted from a whole Discord server just for saying I would like Mario RPG content in Smash (not Geno specifically) among other silly things. People are weird.

Idk ya'll, I feel It would be easier if we all just applied the whole Hakuna Mattata thing: I don't think we should put much thought on which characters people want or not in a crossover without having to resort to ghosting, blocking and other things.
Pauline would be pretty neat too. Mario characters as a whole, still have so much potential for smash. Would love some spinoff characters like fawful, paper Mario, waluigi, the list goes on honestly. Same goes for Mario kart and party, let’s really expand the roster of those games as well.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Hey. It’s cool you like it. I’ll just complain about it if it ever actually happens.

Waiting for the day Pokémon makes a tank of water for aquatic pokemon to swim in during a fight.
Pokémon have abilities that animals don’t. Maybe fish Pokemon can hold their breath and move around out of water for a brief time, usually the length of a battle.

Or maybe it’s just video game/cartoon logic :drshrug:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Pokémon have abilities that animals don’t. Maybe fish Pokemon can hold their breath and move around out of water for a brief time, usually the length of a battle.

Except they literally float in the air most times. Its not the breathing air I have a problem with. Its my koi fish swimming through the air like it’s water.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Except they literally float in the air most times. Its not the breathing air I have a problem with. Its my koi fish swimming through the air like it’s water.
IMG_8984.gif

Clearly they’re using their innate control over the element of water to manipulate the moisture in the air and use it to maneuver around the battlefield :nifty:

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Do we really have to think this hard on what happens in video games? Some things, even in video games, don't necessarily need explaining, and that's fine.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I mean it doesn’t have to be one to one how it is in the Pokémon games, don’t know if you noticed but Smash happened to take a few liberties with the Pokémon cast among others for a long time now.With Milotic’s build, it could easily slide along the ground like a snake and if needed maybe a water spout animation under it for jumping.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
My Twitter account is sorta back? I can post again, but it says I'm not following anybody, and that I have 1 follower, but when I look at the follower list, I still have the 450 something followers I have now. So probably a visual glitch that'll take some time to get used to or for it to get fixed. I'm assuming they saw my message about getting my account unlocked and now it's only soft locked.

Also Daigo Ikeno follows the same Black Women IG account as I do.

Really want to do a Marvel VS Capcom roster, ngl.

Could be fun. Maybe tonight if I have sleep issues I'll work on It a bit.
If you'll have some fun with it, why not? Though you oughta focus on sleep first.

Jotadé

Smash Ace
Well, this is the roster I've come up with. An actual Marvel VS Capcom sequel will likely have less characters or save some of these for DLC, but hey, pipedreaming is cool as well
my-image (4).png

Some stuff to note:
-Miles Morales would have a different moveset from Spider-Man. Focused more on his venom electric powers and with moves and taunts referencing his love for art and music.
-Reed would actually be a dual character with Sue. Same with Ben Grimm who would be alongside Johnny. Think of that one MvC3 mod of the Thing.
-Wanted to include both characters who make sense, some from the recent comics and also out of nowhere picks which could be fun to work with for the MvC team (Hit Monkey or Howard are big examples).
-Added MegaMan.Exe instead of classic MegaMan mostly because I like the idea of having a different version of MegaMan on each new MvC. Also because I really dig his moveset potential.
-Repping Power Stone in any way was a must for me. Really underrated game which deserves some love.
-Finally, tried to do a sort of heroe+nemesis thing with this roster. That's why we have Reed with Doctor Doom, Deadpool with Taskmaster, Dante with Vergil, Leon Kennedy with Dimitresu and so on.

My Twitter account is sorta back? I can post again, but it says I'm not following anybody, and that I have 1 follower, but when I look at the follower list, I still have the 450 something followers I have now. So probably a visual glitch that'll take some time to get used to or for it to get fixed. I'm assuming they saw my message about getting my account unlocked and now it's only soft locked.

Also Daigo Ikeno follows the same Black Women IG account as I do.

If you'll have some fun with it, why not? Though you oughta focus on sleep first.
That's cool that you got your account back!

Also yeah, I should probably sleep at some point.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well, this is the roster I've come up with. An actual Marvel VS Capcom sequel will likely have less characters or save some of these for DLC, but hey, pipedreaming is cool as well
View attachment 391516
Some stuff to note:
-Miles Morales would have a different moveset from Spider-Man. Focused more on his venom electric powers and with moves and taunts referencing his love for art and music.
-Reed would actually be a dual character with Sue. Same with Ben Grimm who would be alongside Johnny. Think of that one MvC3 mod of the Thing.
-Wanted to include both characters who make sense, some from the recent comics and also out of nowhere picks which could be fun to work with for the MvC team (Hit Monkey or Howard are big examples).
-Added MegaMan.Exe instead of classic MegaMan mostly because I like the idea of having a different version of MegaMan on each new MvC. Also because I really dig his moveset potential.
-Repping Power Stone in any way was a must for me. Really underrated game which deserves some love.
-Finally, tried to do a sort of heroe+nemesis thing with this roster. That's why we have Reed with Doctor Doom, Deadpool with Taskmaster, Dante with Vergil, Leon Kennedy with Dimitresu and so on.

That's cool that you got your account back!

Also yeah, I should probably sleep at some point.
I like a lot of your choices. I think the only things I'd change for my own list is to have two Mega Men(to mirror two Spider-Men). So either Spider-Man and 2099 vs MM and MMX or Spider-Man and Miles vs MM and MM.EXE. Cloak and Dagger and Mysterio are great choices. Nero's a badass choice as is Rashid and Akira. Vile is one of my favorite villains so I'm glad you added him too!

I'd probably swap out an Avenger for Black Panther and Wiccan for Scarlet Witch, but I also get the appeal of a more obscure hero too. Oh, and Carnage as well.

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
The world wasn’t ready for the kremlin koaster
My god the vibes would be immaculate for that ride
Blasting
Wait that dosent happen with your fish

what the hells up with lucky?

Dukefire

Smash Master
In 4 months time, those that ordered Shantae: Risky Revolution will be available in October. Though, it WILL BE GBA exclusive first before other consoles......

KillerCage

Smash Master
So who watched Sonic Shorts Volume 9?

I saw that Metroid: Other M was trending on Twitter, mostly arguing about its canon status. Yeah, its story is a huge mess, but Other M art made it into Dread's art gallery and the current Galactic Federation logo it originated from it.

What are your thoughts on Other M?
I played and beat the game back where it was new and I'm with the majority in saying the story of Other M was atrocious. Even the excuse of poor localization doesn't hold water when even the Japanese Metroid fanbase agreed that the story was poorly written. Excluding the story, my opinions on the gameplay are mixed to negative. While awkward due to the control pad, the 3D movement worked well enough to not be an issue. The switching from third-person to first-person is what really sours my view of Other M. I never wanted to go into first-person mode in the middle of combat because I was practically a sitting duck outside of the sensemove mechanic which is too subtle for its own good. Don't me started on the infuriating search and point sections which are too obtuse to be enjoyable.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I would love to buy a Daisy amiibo as well. Sadly...
View attachment 391507
Yeah, tons of stuff to buy and save money for. It does make me kinda anxious, ngl.

Btw, glad you got the Joker amiibo. It is one of the best ones.
Joker having one of the best amiibos is why I was surprised there was an army of them in a single building. They’re usually sold out and being sold online for thousands of dollars

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

Water types all have the ability to seemingly produce their own water, maybe that's how the ones with gills are able to survive on land? Getting oxygen from the water they're already producing for moves like Aqua Jet or Hydro Cannon?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
God. I just remembered an old book I read as a kid about different monsters. It was illustrated like a newspaper comic and had entries on most classic monsters…. God I wish I could remember what it was called. But I got it from the school library so I don’t own it and just… can’t remember its title.

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Lord
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
Question for the Mahvelheads here.

As someone who's only played MvC2 in arcades and never really had any idea what the hell I was doing, I've had my eyes on a few characters:
Venom, Doom, Cyclops, Gambit,
Jill, B.B. Hood, Amingo

Which combos of these would make for good teams?

I'm not looking for anything ultra competitive, just teams that mesh well and are fun to use.
(Although I wouldn't exactly mind if one of them lets me dunk on fools)
801.jpeg

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
Idk about the like feature being removed. That’s critical for evaluating feedback from users.

I could only imagine disliking it if you get ratio’d often. :sakbanjo:
yeah, idk, its a silly solution to a problem that ultimately is solved by having more self esteem then tying your self worth to what random people you don't really know think about you

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Sighs being in Smashboards is painful when your posts get zero traction, never result in an interesting conversation because nobody cares enough to reply to them and half of the site wants your head on a plate over really dumb stuff.

At that point why even use the internet if almost nobody has any interaction with you? Maybe to get the latest news on media you enjoy if we are trying to look at the bright side... But idk, I feel what makes the internet cool is being able to talk with people from around the world and share your fandom stuff.
As someone who used to have the most likes on the site to the point they made a trophy named after me, it's not malicious at all, you need to stop obsessing over worthless internet points that don't matter. Nobody wants your head on a platter. Sometimes people don't have anything to add, sometimes people are busy, sometimes people don't see it, maybe sometimes people don't like being tagged a lot. I'm currently going through my worst mental health struggles in years to the point of trying to hurt myself and having zero energy, thank you periods and PTSD! Trust me, nobody's out to get you, nobody secretly hates you for liking Marvel, one of the biggest brands on the planet. Nobody's making fun of you behind your back. Some of us just have a lot going on right now, ok? If I have energy later I'll go talk about your MvC roster but right now I've exhausted myself again, sorry about that

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Not gonna lie it kinda confuses me when people demand engagement on their posts on the funny Nintendo forum.

I come here to ****post. If I post anything more serious than that of course no one's gonna care, I don't think of anyone here as a friend and have encouraged people to view me the same way.

Am I slightly disappointed that no one liked my Eiji Aonuma looksmaxxing post? Yeah, but if I really wanted people to engage with it that badly I wouldn't have put it under a spoiler tag.

I don't really know if it makes sense, I'm still waking up, but what I want to say is that interactions on this website are not that deep

Top Bottom