• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

When do you expect a Switch Successor announcement?

• Total voters

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
Well, this is the roster I've come up with. An actual Marvel VS Capcom sequel will likely have less characters or save some of these for DLC, but hey, pipedreaming is cool as well
View attachment 391516
Some stuff to note:
-Miles Morales would have a different moveset from Spider-Man. Focused more on his venom electric powers and with moves and taunts referencing his love for art and music.
-Reed would actually be a dual character with Sue. Same with Ben Grimm who would be alongside Johnny. Think of that one MvC3 mod of the Thing.
-Wanted to include both characters who make sense, some from the recent comics and also out of nowhere picks which could be fun to work with for the MvC team (Hit Monkey or Howard are big examples).
-Added MegaMan.Exe instead of classic MegaMan mostly because I like the idea of having a different version of MegaMan on each new MvC. Also because I really dig his moveset potential.
-Repping Power Stone in any way was a must for me. Really underrated game which deserves some love.
-Finally, tried to do a sort of heroe+nemesis thing with this roster. That's why we have Reed with Doctor Doom, Deadpool with Taskmaster, Dante with Vergil, Leon Kennedy with Dimitresu and so on.

That's cool that you got your account back!

Also yeah, I should probably sleep at some point.
Love to see my boy darkhawk in a list

honestly would be really happy with this roster if it was the next mvc
Except I would once again lament daredevil being missing yet again from the roster
It was shocking to me to learn he wasn’t in any of the games

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Damn, A Pokemon Company W

Good because the actual artists made some good **** for this contest and we need more of them to get the spotlight.

People dunk on pokemon a lot, but for as baffling as their game design choices can be, they definitely put in the effort to support their fans and to give back to the community. Which is why I can continue to respect them despite the games quality varying.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Question for the Mahvelheads here.

As someone who's only played MvC2 in arcades and never really had any idea what the hell I was doing, I've had my eyes on a few characters:
Venom, Doom, Cyclops, Gambit,
Jill, B.B. Hood, Amingo

Which combos of these would make for good teams?

I'm not looking for anything ultra competitive, just teams that mesh well and are fun to use.
(Although I wouldn't exactly mind if one of them lets me dunk on fools)
View attachment 391521
Cyclops is a really good character who's basically a cracked out Shoto with good supers and great meter building. Dr. Doom has one of the best specials/assists with Molecular Shield and has strong mobility(though I'm pretty sure he's worse than MVC3 Doom, he's still good). Even if it's not a hyper competitive team, those two characters are well rounded enough to fit in most situations on their own, let alone together. Amingo is weird, but has high damage. Venom I think is a middle of the road character from what I remember, but lacks a solid anti-air, so having Cyke's Anti-Air Assist(Or Spider-Sting/Shoryuken) would do well for team synergy.

But B.B. Hood has an actual dunk super. So you'll have to figure out that yourself, but those are my suggestions. I was thinking Doom and Venom would be one of my teams, maybe with Magneto or something, team villain and all that. My main would be Spider-Man/Storm/Mega Man.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Well, this is the roster I've come up with. An actual Marvel VS Capcom sequel will likely have less characters or save some of these for DLC, but hey, pipedreaming is cool as well
View attachment 391516
Some stuff to note:
-Miles Morales would have a different moveset from Spider-Man. Focused more on his venom electric powers and with moves and taunts referencing his love for art and music.
-Reed would actually be a dual character with Sue. Same with Ben Grimm who would be alongside Johnny. Think of that one MvC3 mod of the Thing.
-Wanted to include both characters who make sense, some from the recent comics and also out of nowhere picks which could be fun to work with for the MvC team (Hit Monkey or Howard are big examples).
-Added MegaMan.Exe instead of classic MegaMan mostly because I like the idea of having a different version of MegaMan on each new MvC. Also because I really dig his moveset potential.
-Repping Power Stone in any way was a must for me. Really underrated game which deserves some love.
-Finally, tried to do a sort of heroe+nemesis thing with this roster. That's why we have Reed with Doctor Doom, Deadpool with Taskmaster, Dante with Vergil, Leon Kennedy
Got a few things to note and questions here

I get the idea of adding all of the Fantastic Four here but personally I prefer the choice the team went for with adding Super Skrull back in Marvel 3, not that it's bad per se, just a preference.

How do you think Gwenpool would fight? Love her character and fourth wall breaking stuff but I'm not sure what she could do. Closest I can think of is like, Guilty Gear Faust's doors/scarecrow but having her rip open the 'page' behind her like what that one Deadpool katana super does. I have similar concerns for Squirrel Girl tbh

I fear Punisher would have overlap with Chris Redfield who should really be here and Star Lord being a gunner makes him stand out less. It can certainly work though!

Not super sure how Ant Man would work but love the idea, also think Cloak and Dagger, Mysterio and Darkhawk are banger choices, I feel like these are just great, Miles also earns his unique spot here so kudos

MegaMan.exe, Vile, Nero, Ed, Rashid and Franziska are all bangers, just, amazing

Lady D can work but I'm not sure I agree with the reasoning, I thought Leon wasn't in RE8

Darkstalkers love is always nice in these things

I'm kinda mixed on Sissel tbh, love him, his game is amazing and everyone here should play it, but personally I think Lynn should be the character with Sissel manipulating things in the back, kinda like a trapper with lots of set play, makes a fun parallel to Cloak and Dagger

Overall pretty damn good, only big absentees for my tired ass right now are Super Skrull and Chris Redfield

osby

Smash Obsessed
View attachment 391516
Some stuff to note:
-Finally, tried to do a sort of heroe+nemesis thing with this roster. That's why we have Reed with Doctor Doom, Deadpool with Taskmaster, Dante with Vergil, Leon Kennedy with Dimitresu and so on.
I'm not familiar with some of the characters in here but it's pretty neat that there are some deep cuts. Gwenpool and Rashid are really cool picks and I liked that you included Cyclops and Poison.

Honestly, Wiccan is enough to make me love this lmao.

D

Deleted member

Got a few things to note and questions here

I get the idea of adding all of the Fantastic Four here but personally I prefer the choice the team went for with adding Super Skrull back in Marvel 3, not that it's bad per se, just a preference.

How do you think Gwenpool would fight? Love her character and fourth wall breaking stuff but I'm not sure what she could do. Closest I can think of is like, Guilty Gear Faust's doors/scarecrow but having her rip open the 'page' behind her like what that one Deadpool katana super does. I have similar concerns for Squirrel Girl tbh

I fear Punisher would have overlap with Chris Redfield who should really be here and Star Lord being a gunner makes him stand out less. It can certainly work though!

Not super sure how Ant Man would work but love the idea, also think Cloak and Dagger, Mysterio and Darkhawk are banger choices, I feel like these are just great, Miles also earns his unique spot here so kudos

MegaMan.exe, Vile, Nero, Ed, Rashid and Franziska are all bangers, just, amazing

Lady D can work but I'm not sure I agree with the reasoning, I thought Leon wasn't in RE8

Darkstalkers love is always nice in these things

I'm kinda mixed on Sissel tbh, love him, his game is amazing and everyone here should play it, but personally I think Lynn should be the character with Sissel manipulating things in the back, kinda like a trapper with lots of set play, makes a fun parallel to Cloak and Dagger

Overall pretty damn good, only big absentees for my tired ass right now are Super Skrull and Chris Redfield
Hi! Sorry for replying late, was sleeping.

My idea for Gwenpool was to be basically as you said with Faust, yeah. As for Squirrel Girl, was thinking of having her fight with the help of squirrels which she could command with combos and such. I feel you can make a really fun character out of her.

As for the absence of Chris Redfield: my idea with the Resident Evil reps was to showcase as many games from the franchise as possible without having too many of them. Also in part was my idea of repping recently released games. Basically: Leon Kennedy reps RE2 Remake and RE4 Remake, with Dimitresu repping RE8. I originally wanted to add Nemesis for RE3 Remake, but I feel Jill Valentine can do a cool job at that already. I understand your points with Chris doh, he has been in two MvC titles already and some could see him as a staple.

And yeah, I wanted to do Sissel exactly the way you said, but the roster maker didn't have Lynn so I had to do with what was available.

Finally, Super Skrull is quite cool as well and I really enjoy playing as him in MvC3. The main reason I changed him by Reed and The Thing is to fit that whole heroes and villains theme.

Thanks for taking your time writing your feedback Gwen! And don't worry, I also saw your other post 🙏🏼

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
Hey Pink Yoshi Pink Yoshi , I figured you might get a kick out of this roster I recently made since you're a fellow PBS Kids enjoyer like me... though, no Aviva in here sadly. Though aside from two of the big "golden child" series, it's meant to cram in a lot of franchise variety anyhow.

Here's the keys - make a crossover fighter with [INSERT IP HERE]. | Page 38 | Smashboards
10/10, I get to beat Zach Varmitech's smarmy face in as Abby Cadabby.

Mr. Ratburn will totally be S-tier. He'll do anything for cake.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
The Atari 50 collection is getting expanded on October 25.

Featuring two new timelines with games, interviews, and more:

The Wider World of Atari dives into stories from Atari’s history, how Atari influences people over the decades. Some highlights include a deep dive into the game Berzerk, hidden 80s gems, and the fan base’s role in finding prototypes and creating homebrew.

The First Console War focuses on the console war between the Atari 2600 and Intellivision. It will include some M Network games, Intellivision games Mattel made for the Atari.

Physical for Playstation and Switch launches the same day. It can also be grabbed as DLC for the existing game.

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
The Atari 50 collection is getting expanded on October 25.

Featuring two new timelines with games, interviews, and more:

The Wider World of Atari dives into stories from Atari’s history, how Atari influences people over the decades. Some highlights include a deep dive into the game Berzerk, hidden 80s gems, and the fan base’s role in finding prototypes and creating homebrew.

The First Console War focuses on the console war between the Atari 2600 and Intellivision. It will include some M Network games, Intellivision games Mattel made for the Atari.

Physical for Playstation and Switch launches the same day. It can also be grabbed as DLC for the existing game.
Bummer, still no Atari ST games.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Question for the Mahvelheads here.

As someone who's only played MvC2 in arcades and never really had any idea what the hell I was doing, I've had my eyes on a few characters:
Venom, Doom, Cyclops, Gambit,
Jill, B.B. Hood, Amingo

Which combos of these would make for good teams?

I'm not looking for anything ultra competitive, just teams that mesh well and are fun to use.
(Although I wouldn't exactly mind if one of them lets me dunk on fools)
View attachment 391521
I would maybe throw Cable in to the mix (he is one of the characters that I primarily use to fight Abyss (the final boss.)

However I do think Doom and Cyclops are possibly good picks too.

D

Deleted member

Man, the wait for the video game convention...
And the wait for Marvel VS Capcom Collection physical preorders to open up in Spain...

No, seriously, they already opened preorders for everything from the Direct but that. Hopefully they are available as soon as possible.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
View attachment 391516
Some stuff to note:

Sorry, been meaning to reply for a long-ass time but it was very late last night ahhhhhhh

A lot of the stuff I'd take umbrage with in a vacuum - stuff like veterans I don't feel need to come back and stuff like that - is kind of nullified by the fact that this is literally a 100-character roster and so I think you can afford to make picks like that lol

Really love some of the deep cuts on the Marvel side, ppl like Cloak & Dagger and Darkhawk are super inspired choices. I will say, something that strikes me as pretty glaring is that all of the X-Men characters are veterans. You'd think they'd try to get some new people from that sect in. The addition of people like Zangief and Dhalsim is also interesting, as I don't tend to see Vs. rosters that bring in any of the original World Warriors besides Ryu and Chun-Li. I think that's all I have to say. I gotta make my own roster, I'll tag you when I'm done with it

D

Deleted member

Sorry, been meaning to reply for a long-ass time but it was very late last night ahhhhhhh

A lot of the stuff I'd take umbrage with in a vacuum - stuff like veterans I don't feel need to come back and stuff like that - is kind of nullified by the fact that this is literally a 100-character roster and so I think you can afford to make picks like that lol

Really love some of the deep cuts on the Marvel side, ppl like Cloak & Dagger and Darkhawk are super inspired choices. I will say, something that strikes me as pretty glaring is that all of the X-Men characters are veterans. You'd think they'd try to get some new people from that sect in. The addition of people like Zangief and Dhalsim is also interesting, as I don't tend to see Vs. rosters that bring in any of the original World Warriors besides Ryu and Chun-Li. I think that's all I have to say. I gotta make my own roster, I'll tag you when I'm done with it
Thanks Speed Weed! Looking forward to your take on a MvC roster!

Regarding the X-Men: the roster maker template I found was mostly characters Who were already in past games when It comes to X-Men ones. So to compensate I added two "semi official" mutants in the form of Namor and Khamala Kahn. While Namor isn't really known mostly for his mutant adventures, and the change of Khamala from inhuman to mutant is still kinda recent, I feel that they are reasonable in the sense that Namor is a highly praised villain from the recent MCU movies (almost added Killmonger instead of him, but decided to go for Namor precisely due to the lack of mutant newcomers) and that Khamala has been pushed a lot in recent media and the MCU which is quite cool.

As for Zangief and Dhalsim... Idk, I feel they are very underrated characters when It comes to Capcom crossover fighters. Wanted to add both as opposites of Hulk and Reed respectively.

And I'm glad you like the choices of Cloak and Dagger and Darkhawk! I feel both are very underrated characters who could be quite fun to work with.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
We got some new One Piece live action casting
View attachment 391524
David Dastmalchian as Mr. 3 is actually perfect casting
I haven't been following this show and the only thing I really know about from One Piece is Ivankov... because, you know, am trans. So.... is Ivankov gonna be in the live action show and if so who's playing them?

D

Deleted member

We got some new One Piece live action casting

David Dastmalchian as Mr. 3 is actually perfect casting
I haven't been following this show and the only thing I really know about from One Piece is Ivankov... because, you know, am trans. So.... is Ivankov gonna be in the live action show and if so who's playing them?
You're gonna be waiting quite a while
I'm still trying to process the fact they did Zanji so well while also turning him into a Canary Islands icon by casting Tenerife actor Taz Skylar for the role.

It makes me smile when I go around fan conventions in Gran Canaria and see fanart of Sanji eating our traditional food on stickers and such.

Definitely a great push of our culture and letting the world know we actually exist and aren't just a group of rocks at the left of Morocco. Hopefully we get other great Canary Islands actors on these great productions.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
View attachment 391516
Some stuff to note:

I wouldn't complain about this roster. But I do miss Hagar and Sigma....

And on the Marvel side... I think Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, and Vision are worth looking at. And since you're trying to do heroes and their nemesis, Sabretooth feels like he should be here to rival Wolverine. And The Mandarin for Iron Man... and some sort of Captain America Villain.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I wouldn't complain about this roster. But I do miss Hagar and Sigma.... also hang on no ZERO. That feels wrong.

And on the Marvel side... I think Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, and Vision are worth looking at. And since you're trying to do heroes and their nemesis, Sabretooth feels like he should be here to rival Wolverine. And The Mandarin for Iron Man... and some sort of Captain America Villain.
Oooooh, Hagar and Sigma. These are interesting cases.

I decided to not add Sigma and instead include another MegaMan X villain because I wanted to not repeat bosses from recent MvC titles. That's why Onslaught, the MvC2 Boss, Apocalypse, Galactus and Ultron aren't on the roster either. If you had to ask me, I would make the villains of my potential version both Kang and the villain from Azura's Wrath.

As for Hagar, I decided to give the spotlight of Final Fight to Cody and Poison instead. Poison because I wanted to have LGBTIQ representation in the roster (which ngl, I feel It is more important than ever before and validl)+her moveset potential, Cody as a successor of Hagar now that in SF lore he is no longer a criminal and runs as mayor. Think of It as a passing of the torch.

Decided to not add Zero to have solely one character per each MegaMan era I decided to represent. You will notice that you have MegaMan.Exe for Battle Network, Tron for Legends, the villain from MegaMan X and Roll for the classic series. That way I was able to represent various Generations without having to rely on different Megamen or adding way too many MegaMan characters.

Quicksilver and Vision were choices I considered, but in the end felt that Adam Warlock would be better as he can do what Vision does and more. With Quicksilver I just didn't find him that cool honestly, although maybe there are ways to make him stand out.
And Scarlet Witch. I was between her and Wiccan. Decided to do her kid not just for both LGBTIQ representation and to represent the more modern side of Marvel, but also because I believe his kit would be more interesting both as a staff user and a magic expert. To compensate there would likely be a stage featuring both Vision and Wanda in my ideal MvC title.

Sabretooth is not a bad choice, but I just decided to make Omega Red Wolverine's villain on this roster due to him being more fun to work with. The Mandarin is... Kinda problematic outside of his MCU version. Didn't want to add him as such but I did consider Iron Monger or Crymson Dynamo as Iron Man villains. In the end I decided to just make Kang the main general Avengers villain.

Thanks for your feedback Snake! You had really interesting choices to bring up!

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Oooooh, Hagar and Sigma. These are interesting cases.

I decided to not add Sigma and instead include another MegaMan X villain because I wanted to not repeat bosses from recent MvC titles. That's why Onslaught, the MvC2 Boss, Apocalypse, Galactus and Ultron aren't on the roster either. If you had to ask me, I would make the villains of my potential version both Kang and the villain from Azura's Wrath.

As for Hagar, I decided to give the spotlight of Final Fight to Cody and Poison instead. Poison because I wanted to have LGBTIQ representation in the roster (which ngl, I feel It is more important than ever before and validl)+her moveset potential, Cody as a successor of Hagar now that in SF lore he is no longer a criminal and runs as mayor. Think of It as a passing of the torch.

Decided to not add Zero to have solely one character per each MegaMan era I decided to represent. You will notice that you have MegaMan.Exe for Battle Network, Tron for Legends, the villain from MegaMan X and Roll for the classic series. That way I was able to represent various Generations without having to rely on different Megamen or adding way too many MegaMan characters.

Quicksilver and Vision were choices I considered, but in the end felt that Adam Warlock would be better as he can do what Vision does and more. With Quicksilver I just didn't find him that cool honestly, although maybe there are ways to make him stand out.
And Scarlet Witch. I was between her and Wiccan. Decided to do her kid not just for both LGBTIQ representation and to represent the more modern side of Marvel, but also because I believe his kit would be more interesting both as a staff user and a magic expert. To compensate there would likely be a stage featuring both Vision and Wanda in my ideal MvC title.

Sabretooth is not a bad choice, but I just decided to make Omega Red Wolverine's villain on this roster due to him being more fun to work with. The Mandarin is... Kinda problematic outside of his MCU version. Didn't want to add him as such but I did consider Iron Monger or Crymson Dynamo as Iron Man villains. In the end I decided to just make Kang the main general Avengers villain.

Thanks for your feedback Snake! You had really interesting choices to bring up!
Wait... Zero is ON your roster. I found him and edited my original post... he's right next to Tron Bonne and Vergil...

D

Deleted member

Wait... Zero is ON your roster. I found him and edited my original post... he's right next to Tron Bonne and Vergil...
Oh, lol. Guess I forgot I added him. That's what happens when you make a 100 characters roster xd

But yeah, I feel Zero was a good way to represent both the heroic side of MegaMan X and the ZX series together.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Oh, lol. Guess I forgot I added him. That's what happens when you make a 100 characters roster xd

But yeah, I feel Zero was a good way to represent both the heroic side of MegaMan X and the ZX series together.
Also I know The Mandarin is controversial. That's why I like the Armored Design from the Armored Adventures cartoon as my Mandarin of choice. It keeps the ten rings and his Chinese heritage, but removes his Fu Manchu parody aspect.

D

Deleted member

Also I know The Mandarin is controversial. That's why I like the Armored Design from the Armored Adventures cartoon as my Mandarin of choice. It keeps the ten rings and his Chinese heritage, but removes his Fu Manchu parody aspect.
I do agree with you, as someone who grew up with Armoured Adventures as well and liked that version of the Mandarin.

With that said, I feel that nowadays bringing that version into a modern MvC game would come off as going too obscure. It would confuse players who know about Marvel mostly from the MCU and Marvel enjoyers who aren't aware of what went on in the show.

And between that+Abomination Who I had considered but found too similar to Hulk, I decided to just give the Avengers a general villain in the form of Kang.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
View attachment 391516
Some stuff to note:
I did posted my dream Marvel Vs Capcom roster on the Marvel Vs Capcom thread a while back.

But other than that, a lot of interesting picks.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I do agree with you, as someone who grew up with Armoured Adventures as well and liked that version of the Mandarin.

With that said, I feel that nowadays bringing that version into a modern MvC game would come off as going too obscure. It would confuse players who know about Marvel mostly from the MCU and Marvel enjoyers who aren't aware of what went on in the show.

And between that+Abomination Who I had considered but found too similar to Hulk, I decided to just give the Avengers a general villain in the form of Kang.
Hey. Kang is not a bad choice. He’s great. I’m just talking shop at this point.

Like when I do rosters I tend to make the hulk’s villain The Leader because you’re right, most of his villains are just big strong guys. And for cap I usually do Red Skull. I love the idea of this angry red nazi just using a gun and a cosmic cube to wreck ****.

Also come on marvel, just start using the armored adventures design in the comics. It’s your best alternative at this point.

D

Deleted member

I did posted my dream Marvel Vs Capcom roster on the Marvel Vs Capcom thread a while back.

But other than that, a lot of interesting picks.
Oooooh, I really like your choices of Magik, Shang Chi and Man-Thing.

I did originally consider adding Man-Thing to the roster, but thought I could potentially go too far with the bulky characters in my roster, so I decided to bring back Shuma Gorath not only as a sort of Dr.Strange villain, but also to represent the darker side of the Marvel universe alongside Moon Knight. Worth to note I also considered adding Elsa Bloodstone and Werewolf By Night but couldn't figure how to differentiate the former from Punisher and the latter with the Darkstalkers Werewolf.

Top Bottom