• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Noipoi

Howdy!
Considering how often people are ignored here, well, I honestly find this hard to believe.
Alright let's consider the alternative.

There's a super secret list of "cool dudes" and "total losers" and if you happen to fall on list #2, all the completely epic users of this obscure dying Nintendo message board will make the extra effort to ignore all of your posts. Every single one, you've never seen a like or reply in your life. Just to spite you, you dork.

Does that sound smore feasible? :nifty:

Jotadé

Smash Ace
I say this a lot to whenever the topic comes up, but no one sets out to ignore people in the thread. Sometimes a post just doesn't inspire much of a reaction. It happens to me a ton, and I have the most likes on this entire freakin website (The peak of my existence, it's all downhill from here)

The point being, don't be discouraged. For every post that might slip under the cracks there'll be another that people engage with.
I get what you mean Noi. And I do believe some people do react that way, specially the ones who I am confident mean no bad will towards me.

But idk, maybe It is because of my bad experience at college two years ago... but I get really anxious whenever people see something I post and just say nothing. Maybe It is something I need to work out with my psychologist, but yeah.

And Noi, my dear friend... Don't be so down on yourself. Things may be going rough at the moment, but I assure you that you are more than Smashboards. You are a talented artist, you are a really fun person to be around with, you are young and still have a lot of stuff to live. At least in my eyes, you are a person worth looking up to.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If King K. Rool is the villain of Seth Rogen's DK spin-off. He needs to be voiced by a British actor. I can't see Illumination's take on the character not speaking with a British accent.

Also the idea whereas Bowser was dumb but sane, King K. Rool could be brilliant but insane. Kind of a parallel and way to difference the two from being "reptilian tyrant kings". Though I'm still down for the idea of just making it Kaptain K. Rool and that his kingdom is basically Crocodile Isle as seen in DK64 travels across the oceans just like how Bowser's kingdom travels through the skies.

Originally my nominated choice for King K. Rool was Stephen Fry until I found out he was a supporter of JK Rowling.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

There's a super secret list of "cool dudes" and "total losers" and if you happen to fall on list #2, all the completely epic users of this obscure dying Nintendo message board will make the extra effort to ignore all of your posts. Every single one, you've never seen a like or reply in your life. Just to spite you, you dork.

Well, honestly, that is not what I am thinking. Really!

But, the first thing you did say, which said something about "posts that don't inspire much attention", I do believe that can go with the popular people who come to this thread that leads to the ignoring of others. It just feels to me that this thread on this forum is a haven for the popular or those that are like each other so much that there is hardly any room for others. While I did say "it feels", and that it may not be the overall case, and while I can't control others to listen to me (not that I would want to), it does make people feel left out while others are enjoying all the attention.

AND while I believe it was you that said something like "this thread goes by fast" and other things, and while I admit that some post might not inspire attention either way, I will say this; I believe we can do better with looking at others' posts and giving them attention. I will admit, it does NOT have to be all the time, and some posts may not really be anywhere near enough to get one attention from others, but I think some people are just slipping, or letting others' post slip by them so easily.

Jotadé

Smash Ace

Weeeeeell... The way you word It does make It sound quite silly, and I really don't wanna bring drama here... But I've seen people Who used to frequent this thread say really mean stuff about some of the people here at other places. Granted, most of them don't use the site as much or even at all anymore... But yeah.

If you were to ask me, talking behind people's backs is very wrong from their part, but idk. If I were them I would just drop off the site and move on with the site if I was that bothered by people here.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I also should say something to make one thing clear: I don't care for popularity, but neither do I wish to detract the idea from others and this thread overall, even if it did mean making things better. (which I am sure it would not). Anyway, I don't care much about being popular, which is partly why I don't post much here as others, but even then, when I do post something, and this does not have to be all the time; I am not asking for a mountain-load of likes or even quotes to what I say. I mean, it would be nice, but I don't ask that much of others, just some attention would be nice. I do realize though, that not everything I say may warrant the attention, but that should be just fine.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So my twitter account got suspended for no reason that I can think of. I did send an appeal for it though. Which is annoying as hell. My account was mostly art and sharing ****posts. When/If I get the account back, I'll likely make a 2nd account to be strictly for my art, I've got more than enough stocked back up to post for a good while everyday for like a year straight.

This sucks even harder as I JUST messaged someone who was looking for an artist. I could have had a potential client on my hands. Which was one of the main reasons I even got Twitter in the first place was to get clients or connect with other artists.

I also beat Mega Man World 4 and Kirby's Dreamland 2. Honestly, the GB Mega Man games have been getting better and better as I've been going along with them. Not quite as good as the NES titles, since the jumps need to be way more pixel perfect. And that the charge shot has a push back effect when you release it. something the main titles never really had from what I can remember. The GB can still do good versions of a lot of Mega Man 3, 4 and 5 music tracks. Too bad not much of MM2's music was done in that style. I did like the new main theme MMW2 had though. It plays on one of the Wily stages as well. I kind of see it as Quint's theme honestly.

TeePublic is on sale too, so if you want to send a couple bucks my way for art, feel free to! T-Shirts by KnightLineArt | TeePublic

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
No offense but I really don’t vibe with that. They dont have legs and realistically should either not be able to move at all or not be able to move outside of water. I don’t care if in the games fish Pokémon just swim through the air and spiritomb is somehow able to like… hop around like a veggietales character. I still don’t like it.
It’s a serpent that can control water, probably slide around with it and a rock that can move around with ghostly energy. Nothing against Roserade, but I think both my options could work with a bit of creativity. Besides Pokémon come in all sorts of shapes, humanoid, animal, object, etc. and it’d be nice if a platform fighter like Smash or god forbid an original Pokémon platfighter embraced that a little.

Noipoi

Howdy!
So my twitter account got suspended for no reason that I can think of. I did send an appeal for it though. Which is annoying as hell. My account was mostly art and sharing ****posts. When/If I get the account back, I'll likely make a 2nd account to be strictly for my art, I've got more than enough stocked back up to post for a good while everyday for like a year straight.
Hate that for you bro, hope you can get it fixed up soon.

Jotadé

Smash Ace
I also should say something to make one thing clear: I don't care for popularity, but neither do I wish to detract the idea from others and this thread overall, even if it did mean making things better. (which I am sure it would not). Anyway, I don't care much about being popular, which is partly why I don't post much here as others, but even then, when I do post something, and this does not have to be all the time; I am not asking for a mountain-load of likes or even quotes to what I say. I mean, it would be nice, but I don't ask that much of others, just some attention would be nice. I do realize though, that not everything I say may warrant the attention, but that should be just fine.
Yeah, I get that, I really don't care about likes either nowadays. They are cool when they happen, but It isn't something to get worked up on.

Nah, in my case It is just something else: there are times when a day doesn't go as well as others. It is natural and should not be seen as a tragedy. But I do wanna use the internet just to chill myself, hang on with people who share similar tastes as I, and just forget about the bad stuff.

Thing is... It is kinda hard when you are anxious knowing that there is a private chat where people are probably trashtalking you and wishing the worst. The recent anti-SJW stuff on Twitter and YouTube isn't related, but neither does It help at all for someone with social anxiety.

So yeah, between being anxious about everything you say to not get on the nerves of that private group, and the people who just hate fun things and just care about "being right" on a dumb cultural war... Sadly the internet can not be as comfy as It could be.

Jotadé

Smash Ace

This sucks even harder as I JUST messaged someone who was looking for an artist. I could have had a potential client on my hands. Which was one of the main reasons I even got Twitter in the first place was to get clients or connect with other artists.

I also beat Mega Man World 4 and Kirby's Dreamland 2. Honestly, the GB Mega Man games have been getting better and better as I've been going along with them. Not quite as good as the NES titles, since the jumps need to be way more pixel perfect. And that the charge shot has a push back effect when you release it. something the main titles never really had from what I can remember. The GB can still do good versions of a lot of Mega Man 3, 4 and 5 music tracks. Too bad not much of MM2's music was done in that style. I did like the new main theme MMW2 had though. It plays on one of the Wily stages as well. I kind of see it as Quint's theme honestly.

TeePublic is on sale too, so if you want to send a couple bucks my way for art, feel free to! T-Shirts by KnightLineArt | TeePublic
Oh geez, that does quite suck. Praying you can get your account and stuff back.

Goes to show how untrustworthy Twitter moderation is nowadays.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Yeah, I get that, I really don't care about likes either nowadays. They are cool when they happen, but It isn't something to get worked up on.

Nah, in my case It is just something else: there are times when a day doesn't go as well as others. It is natural and should not be seen as a tragedy. But I do wanna use the internet just to chill myself, hang on with people who share similar tastes as I, and just forget about the bad stuff.

Thing is... It is kinda hard when you are anxious knowing that there is a private chat where people are probably trashtalking you and wishing the worst. The recent anti-SJW stuff on Twitter and YouTube isn't related, but neither does It help at all for someone with social anxiety.

So yeah, between being anxious about everything you say to not get on the nerves of that private group, and the people who just hate fun things and just care about "being right" on a dumb cultural war... Sadly the internet can not be as comfy as It could be.
I know what you mean. I only had something like that a not too big number of times, BUT I, nonetheless, do want the internet to be more friendly to everyone else. I mean, just because there is a majority or whatever else there may be as a reason, that is still no reason to trash talk others who aren't with you.

I thought we are all one race: Human. No human or group of humans should exclude or be mean to others just because they are not the same as or do not think like them. I know that sounds more like an ideal thing, but while there will always be people who are mean, that can still be minimized. If it were minimized, they would have no excuse to act like that to others and they would even get in trouble for it.

But yeah, the internet stuff is a pain. I do wish it could change for the better.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Hate that for you bro, hope you can get it fixed up soon.
It's not the end of the world, but it is VERY annoying. I still have Istagram, Newgrounds, LinkedIn and I guess Deviant art to post my work on. Been trying to build more of an audience and a portfolio to get consistent work, it's hard, but it's worth it.

What is important right now is how HOT it is in most of the country, tomorrow and Wednesday this week are gonna be pretty bad, so if you guys in the US can, try to stay cool somehow. Dunno how the weather is gonna be everywhere else, but it's gonna be in the 90's again for two days in a row.

Last edited:

Jotadé

Smash Ace
Idk about the like feature being removed. That’s critical for evaluating feedback from users.

I could only imagine disliking it if you get ratio’d often. :sakbanjo:
Oh yeah, that's another thing.

Recently, and I genuiely don't know why, I've been getting ratioed on my profile posts even when I share similar thoughts as literally everyone else. Here's one example:
Screenshot_2024-06-09-01-03-28-70_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

I legit don't know what happened there, because I was just saying that people who complained about Alloy's face in Forbidden West being "ugly AF" were genuiely weirdos and likely have never seen a woman in person because I can only imagine It that way for someone to not know that women have facial hair as well. Also was sharing a post which I couldn't tell if It was /srs or /s (It was sarcastic in the end) because It was written basically in a way which you couldn't tell easily.

There was also that one time I got ratioed on a post sharing a statue of Mazinger Z in Tarragona. Idk what the point was there.

It's not the end of the world, but it is VERY annoying. I still have Istagram, Newgrounds, LinkedIn and I guess Deviant art to post my work on. Been trying to build more of an audience and a portfolio to get consistent work, it's hard, but it's worth it.

What is important right now is how HOT it is in most of the country, tomorrow and Wednesday this week are gonna be pretty bad, so if you guys in the US can, try to stay cool somehow. Dunno how the weather is gonna be everywhere else, but it's gonna be in the 90's again for two days in a row.
Oooooh, that's quite awesome that you were able to get so many socials and coverage of your work, really glad for you.

As for the weather, that surprises me because here in Gran Canaria It has been really cold for a few days.

Obviously no snow because we have a subtropical climate, but It is true that It has rained and blown a lot of cold wind recently.

Last edited:

Cyborg Sun

Smash Apprentice

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
People really under estimate what this site is nowadays.

The old threads were insane, but now it’s a ghost town.

You want proof? We just had a crazy ass direct and in a day the thread has like 3 posts an hour. Old days, there would be five pages to come back to in like half an hour.

it’s a whole different place nowadays. While fandoms are cool and seeing collections users have is neat.

At most you can say “wow that’s cool” or “ if only the government didn’t systematically make it hard for us to live, then we could afford cool things like that too”

obviously an exaggeration there, but fr it’s definitely hard to grow a collection now a days with everything the way it is.

Also most of the users here either left, work or are waiting for smash six to still not add Geno. So 9/10 times most posts get ignored and on an obscure form like this, likes never really matter tbh.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
If King K. Rool is the villain of Seth Rogen's DK spin-off. He needs to be voiced by a British actor. I can't see Illumination's take on the character not speaking with a British accent.

Also the idea whereas Bowser was dumb but sane, King K. Rool could be brilliant but insane. Kind of a parallel and way to difference the two from being "reptilian tyrant kings". Though I'm still down for the idea of just making it Kaptain K. Rool and that his kingdom is basically Crocodile Isle as seen in DK64 travels across the oceans just like how Bowser's kingdom travels through the skies.

Originally my nominated choice for King K. Rool was Stephen Fry until I found out he was a supporter of JK Rowling.
Maybe Jason Isaacs with his Dastardly voice from Scoob?

Jotadé

Smash Ace

You want proof? We just had a crazy ass direct and in a day the thread has like 3 posts an hour. Old days, there would be five pages to come back to in like half an hour.

it’s a whole different place nowadays. While fandoms are cool and seeing collections users have is neat.

At most you can say “wow that’s cool” or “ if only the government didn’t systematically make it hard for us to live, then we could afford cool things like that too”

obviously an exaggeration there, but fr it’s definitely hard to grow a collection now a days with everything the way it is.

Also most of the users here either left, work or are waiting for smash six to still not add Geno. So 9/10 times most posts get ignored and on an obscure form like this, likes never really matter tbh.
That's a fair way to look at it, yeah.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Ah, good explanation. Kind of makes me wanted to have initially bought the first explanation Noipoi Noipoi brought up earlier, when I did not. I now think what he said makes more sense now, because yours did too.

BUT if I may ask; what are your thoughts on Geno making it in next game?

I do want him, personally speaking, but I am not so crazy about seeing him get in. In fact, back in the Ultimate DLC days with the thread with Geno fans, I did know Geno had a shot at NOT making it into the game as DLC, and he ultimately did not. I won't be surprised if he does not make it in next game, too.

Jotadé

Smash Ace
Ah, good explanation. Kind of makes me wanted to have initially bought the first explanation Noipoi Noipoi brought up earlier, when I did not. I now think what he said makes more sense now, because yours did too.

I do want him, personally speaking, but I am not so crazy about seeing him get in. In fact, back in the Ultimate DLC days with the thread with Geno fans, I did know Geno had a shot at NOT making it into the game as DLC, and he ultimately did not. I won't be surprised if he does not make it in next game, too.
Geno in Smash could be cool... But idk, I can live without It.

I personally would care more if we got Pauline. Mostly because she means more to me on a personal level.

I do think people get really weird about Geno in Smash, both the people who want him and the people who don't. I was on one Discord server where the people who wanted Geno in were "hardcore Nintendo fans" constantly praying on Sony's downfall and claiming their games are all the same. Some of them even had weird takes about Modern Mario games and Mario+Rabbids. And in the case of some of the people I've met Who don't want Geno in Smash... Idk, been blacklisted from a whole Discord server just for saying I would like Mario RPG content in Smash (not Geno specifically) among other silly things. People are weird.

Idk ya'll, I feel It would be easier if we all just applied the whole Hakuna Mattata thing: I don't think we should put much thought on which characters people want or not in a crossover without having to resort to ghosting, blocking and other things.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

I would say the advent of Discord is something a lot of forums had to deal with. I mean, between this and the old Capcom Unity, they were really the only sites like this I personally messed with. Discord has its upsides, but a place like this does too. In general, so much of the internet has changed from when I was a kid, to a teenager to now as a twenty-something. Social Media is both fun but also incredibly frustrating. Either as a passive on-looker or as someone trying to get eyes on your work/hobby in some field, be it art, music, streaming, gaming, fashion or whatever. It doesn't matter too much whether people are better or worse than you, since those who make it big can come from a variety of skillsets.

For this site, a new Smash game or even a port of Ultimate would likely bring people back again. But the Smash 4 era was something else, the site crashed multiple times whenever someone got announced, and early Ultimate was pretty crazy too looking at Ridley's reveal + Everyone Is Here. Then again, I can see how the new Nintendo Console could probably do something similar, pretty sure enough people here or would want to be here would be pretty big Nintendo-heads (Though I've always been more of a general game player, since I started with Tekken 3, and not Mario 64 for example).

Seeing more and more Smash fans get into regular fighting games has also be a personal treat. Even if I'm fairly mid at the myself, they're fun as hell and have so many cool characters in them.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Should’ve mentioned that earlier today I was doing a quick birthday gift shopping session to prepare for my dear ol father, sister, and grandmother when out of the ****ing blue there was an army of Joker amiibos.

I truly never saw that coming

Obviously I had to purchase a little Ren before he sold out once more out of pure luck. An amiibo for Daisy is now the next target of mine.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

He’s still one of my most wanted. We sort of had a thread discussion on it the other day, but I think Mario rpg deserves some representation for how it set forth a lot of ideas and characterization that was expanded upon in future games.

Geno would be really fun, but I’d be just as happy to see Mallow get some love as well.

Jotadé

Smash Ace
Should’ve mentioned that earlier today I was doing a quick birthday gift shopping session to prepare for my dear ol father, sister, and grandmother when out of the ****ing blue there was an army of Joker amiibos.

I truly never saw that coming

Obviously I had to purchase a little Ren before he sold out once more out of pure luck. An amiibo for Daisy is now the next target of mine.
I would love to buy a Daisy amiibo as well. Sadly...
Screenshot_2024-06-25-00-25-02-61_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg

Yeah, tons of stuff to buy and save money for. It does make me kinda anxious, ngl.

Btw, glad you got the Joker amiibo. It is one of the best ones.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Geno in Smash could be cool... But idk, I can live without It.

I personally would care more if we got Pauline. Mostly because she means more to me on a personal level.

I do think people get really weird about Geno in Smash, both the people who want him and the people who don't. I was on one Discord server where the people who wanted Geno in were "hardcore Nintendo fans" constantly praying on Sony's downfall and claiming their games are all the same. Some of them even had weird takes about Modern Mario games and Mario+Rabbids. And in the case of some of the people I've met Who don't want Geno in Smash... Idk, been blacklisted from a whole Discord server just for saying I would like Mario RPG content in Smash (not Geno specifically) among other silly things. People are weird.

Idk ya'll, I feel It would be easier if we all just applied the whole Hakuna Mattata thing: I don't think we should put much thought on which characters people want or not in a crossover without having to resort to ghosting, blocking and other things.
Yeah, that is weird. Geez, some people are opinion intolerant, when having different opinions won't even hurt a flea.

But I am rather on the same boat. I would be able to live without Geno if he did not make it in. I mean, his big role was in one game, and a remake of said game, not counting a cameo he made in a Mario and Luigi game, among other things.

But I do think the term "hardcore" is more relative than some may thing. Just because one is hardcore does not mean they can't accept others' opinions about things. In fact, I'd say being hardcore here makes them more like animals than humans, if you know what I mean. They are just not civilized for not tolerating others' opinions.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
He’s still one of my most wanted. We sort of had a thread discussion on it the other day, but I think Mario rpg deserves some representation for how it set forth a lot of ideas and characterization that was expanded upon in future games.

Geno would be really fun, but I’d be just as happy to see Mallow get some love as well.
Oh, I'd surely love Mallow! That little guy is one I find to be cooler than Geno, personally speaking! I think the puff prince should get some love, too!

Jotadé

Smash Ace
There isn’t a point. If you think you’re maliciously getting ratioed, you’re thinking way too hard about it.
Yeah, I tend to hope It is just a social anxiety thing and that things online aren't as grim as they seem.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

I have no strong feelings towards Geno one way or the other, at worst, I have a few of his fans get on my nerves, but I also don't consider that unique among his fans. But I do imagine the next Smash game would be his best shot yet with the remake showing that Nintendo and Square care enough to acknowledge his existence. And that said remake sold pretty well. He's a popular request as far as obscure game characters go, compared to say someone asking for Raziel or Vectorman or Plok, and is at least tangentially a Nintendo character.

Generally, if you asked me what SNES era characters I'd want, I would say Mega Man X, Chun-Li, Zero(though let's be honest, his moves would be mostly PS1 era Zero), Dixie Kong or Fulgore. I'd also like Sylux from Metroid. It's cool looking. Weavil or Spire would be a preferred choice, but Sylux makes the most sense and they've been slowly trying to get them to pop-off for a bit.

Speaking of Prime 4, for some reason they originally never gave out Sylux's sex compared to the other hunters in Prime Hunters and Prime 3. I almost think it would be intentional as a call-back to Samus' sex not being known to the player early on in the first game. And Sylux looks the most human like out of the new hunters outside of Grendayta(or however you spell her name). IF Sylux is female, I could see them doing that since Sylux is probably gonna be Metroid's Vergil anyways or like ANOTHER clone of Samus. But if she is a she, they could just make the character a completely different human.

If it's a dude, one that looks human-ish. They could still pull the family member thing, or maybe some Galactic Fed who was betrayed or something. Either way, Space Vergil would be interesting to see finally get more screen-time or fleshed out a bit.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I would love to buy a Daisy amiibo as well. Sadly...
View attachment 391507
Yeah, tons of stuff to buy and save money for. It does make me kinda anxious, ngl.

Btw, glad you got the Joker amiibo. It is one of the best ones.
I haven't looked into Lego in years, and I get that these sets are all licensed, but 300 Euros/$330 for a single Lego set seems absolutely insane to me. (then again, I've pre-ordered a Marvel/DC crossover omnibus that costs about $200, partially out of fear of missing out and partially because it seems unlikely that a collaboration like this will happen again) Hopefully those are released far enough apart that you can space it out.

What comes with the special edition of the Dragon Quest game?

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I have no strong feelings towards Geno one way or the other, at worst, I have a few of his fans get on my nerves, but I also don't consider that unique among his fans. But I do imagine the next Smash game would be his best shot yet with the remake showing that Nintendo and Square care enough to acknowledge his existence. And that said remake sold pretty well. He's a popular request as far as obscure game characters go, compared to say someone asking for Raziel or Vectorman or Plok, and is at least tangentially a Nintendo character.

Generally, if you asked me what SNES era characters I'd want, I would say Mega Man X, Chun-Li, Zero(though let's be honest, his moves would be mostly PS1 era Zero), Dixie Kong or Fulgore. I'd also like Sylux from Metroid. It's cool looking. Weavil or Spire would be a preferred choice, but Sylux makes the most sense and they've been slowly trying to get them to pop-off for a bit.

Speaking of Prime 4, for some reason they originally never gave out Sylux's sex compared to the other hunters in Prime Hunters and Prime 3. I almost think it would be intentional as a call-back to Samus' sex not being known to the player early on in the first game. And Sylux looks the most human like out of the new hunters outside of Grendayta(or however you spell her name). IF Sylux is female, I could see them doing that since Sylux is probably gonna be Metroid's Vergil anyways or like ANOTHER clone of Samus. But if she is a she, they could just make the character a completely different human.

If it's a dude, one that looks human-ish. They could still pull the family member thing, or maybe some Galactic Fed who was betrayed or something. Either way, Space Vergil would be interesting to see finally get more screen-time or fleshed out a bit.
Well, I was with those on the Geno thread back then, but I was more realistic about Geno's chances and knew he would possibly not get in, a thing the other Geno fans did not accept, with all that "evidence" they had for Geno getting in, which turned out all for nothing. So I understand the fans part. That is part of the reason why I stayed out of the Geno thread when Sephiroth was announced.

But yeah, next Smash Bros. game could be his best chance as you said. I just wonder if that remake will be enough?

Anyway, I would want to see Mega Man X too, and Dixie, and hell yeah on Fulgore! Sylux is not bad too. I have not played much Metroid but I think Sakurai would be daft if Sylux had to be a clone of Samus. I am sure there are some original things about Sylux that can make him stand out.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I feel like most modern games haven't been worth 70 bucks. So many of them start out glitchy recently too. All the more why waiting on games and not being ruled by FOMO can help. You wait a bit and they get cheaper outside of Nintendo being extra stingy. Which I still feel like is an issue perpetuated by the constant need to push graphics, leading to games being more expensive than they need to be.

Well, I was with those on the Geno thread back then, but I was more realistic about Geno's chances and knew he would possibly not get in, a thing the other Geno fans did not accept, with all that "evidence" they had for Geno getting in, which turned out all for nothing. So I understand the fans part. That is part of the reason why I stayed out of the Geno thread when Sephiroth was announced.

But yeah, next Smash Bros. game could be his best chance as you said. I just wonder if that remake will be enough?

Anyway, I would want to see Mega Man X too, and Dixie, and hell yeah on Fulgore! Sylux is not bad too. I have not played much Metroid but I think Sakurai would be daft if Sylux had to be a clone of Samus. I am sure there are some original things about Sylux that can make him stand out.
A remake for an obscure character like Geno? Maybe it'll be enough. Again, I've got no horse in that particular race. But crazier things have happened in Smash, namely Sora, but hey, it's happened.

Sylux's main thing in Prime Hunters is a mid-range Electric gun, unqiue to Sylux, they gain health from enemies when using it, the other characters just do damage. Sylux's version of the Morph Ball let's them place landmines that can connect to each other while in the form of a floating robot thingamajig. So that would be the two main gimmicks of the moves I'd go with, health stealing and stage traps. The other weapons from Prime Hunters could fill out the moveset, but hey, we don't know what Prime 4 Sylux could pull off.

Jotadé

Smash Ace
I guess to conclude this whole topic, and as a little bit of thought excersice... I am quite happy with who I am right now, despite my social anxiety and social skill issues.

I have a family who loves me for who I am, some of the greatest little cousins ever, a very good IRL friends group, been helping a lot of people whenever I go take walks, I have enough resources to get what I wish for and I'm not stuck at home doing nothing (rather trying to find studies I feel comfortable and on tune with).

Things online may be going on a weird way... But yeah, It is true that we are talking about people Who don't know me in person. It is reasonable that they judge me over what I have done online, but I also need to understand that It doesn't define who I am as an actual person.

The best I could do for this world, is to help those who need It and be able to share my good traits with the world. It may not always work out... But hey, trial and error as they say.

I haven't looked into Lego in years, and I get that these sets are all licensed, but 300 Euros/$330 for a single Lego set seems absolutely insane to me. (then again, I've pre-ordered a Marvel/DC crossover omnibus that costs about $200, partially out of fear of missing out and partially because it seems unlikely that a collaboration like this will happen again) Hopefully those are released far enough apart that you can space it out.

What comes with the special edition of the Dragon Quest game?
Oh, the preorders for Dragon Quest 3 Remake all include digital bonuses for the game which you can adquire later on in the game. Not a must if I should say.

With that said, the Collector's Edition of DQ3 comes with a HUGE number of mini statues of characters from the game to recreate scenes with, two digital wallpapers and a game case storage box
IMG_20240624_204134.jpg

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I feel like most modern games haven't been worth 70 bucks. So many of them start out glitchy recently too. All the more why waiting on games and not being ruled by FOMO can help. You wait a bit and they get cheaper outside of Nintendo being extra stingy. Which I still feel like is an issue perpetuated by the constant need to push graphics, leading to games being more expensive than they need to be.

A remake for an obscure character like Geno? Maybe it'll be enough. Again, I've got no horse in that particular race. But crazier things have happened in Smash, namely Sora, but hey, it's happened.

Sylux's main thing in Prime Hunters is a mid-range Electric gun, unqiue to Sylux, they gain health from enemies when using it, the other characters just do damage. Sylux's version of the Morph Ball let's them place landmines that can connect to each other while in the form of a floating robot thingamajig. So that would be the two main gimmicks of the moves I'd go with, health stealing and stage traps. The other weapons from Prime Hunters could fill out the moveset, but hey, we don't know what Prime 4 Sylux could pull off.
I see. (About Geno)

And just as I thought! Sylux does sound like he has some original moves to him. It sounds like he might as well not be a clone of Samus without good reason.

Top Bottom