• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Jotadé

Smash Ace
Let's end this debate once and for all.

Which animation company has the best cartoons?

Disney Channel, Cartoon Network or Nickelodeon?
Case per case basis imo.
It all comes down to the producers and the creative people behind each show. Sometimes you get cool stuff from them such as The Owl House, Kung Fu Panda Legends Of Awesomeness and Regular Show... And other times you get stuff such as that Primos show, Breadwinners or Mr.Pickles.

View attachment 391463

We, my friends, have dragons.
Can't wait for How To Train Your Sceptile. People say It is gonna be a great Pokéwood Animation movie.

Noipoi

Howdy!

CN probably has the strongest line up overall, they have a lot of bangers. Nick is more hit or miss, but their hits are the greatest cartoons of all time. Disney is more balanced, solidly in the middle.

I don’t think it’s possible to just take one of these and declare them a clear winner over the others. In the end it’s really up to personal taste.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Nickelodeon I'd say has the highest highs and lowest lows. Cartoon Network is the most solid/consistent overall. Disney Channel is tough as I tend to associate a lot more of their cartoons with Disney XD/Toon Disney or the Disney Afternoon/One Saturday Morning Blocks.

Jotadé

Smash Ace
Was gonna say something, but I fear people here would take It the wrong way extremely easy and It is currently 2:25am and I really don't wanna spend a whole night anxious over what the people of this site think and the way they treat me+the possible reactions.

KillerCage

Smash Master
It's actually pretty challenging but at the same time that boss theme, I'm With You, is one of the most beautiful pieces in the game which is already like top 3 Sonic OSTs. Only one I think really rivals it is the Open Zone challenge theme which has less of an emotional vibe but is so nice on the ears I could cry

Also go watch the Super Sonic 2 fight it's *ing cool as * assuming you know what to do
The Super Sonic 2 fight is fantastic to watch.
Actually fighting as Super Sonic 2 is very frustrating.
Metroid Zero Mission is so damn good.

I don't think I'll ever be good enough at it to get all the items though.
I actually did get of the items yesterday thus I finally completed Metroid Zero Mission after all this time.
That was my first Metroid game. I don't remember when I played it exactly but it made me fall in love with the franchise and now I like it more than Mario and Zelda, I need to replay it someday
Zero Mission was also my first Metroid game and I got it when it was new and beat. Both it and Metroid Prime made me the Metroid fan I am today.

Jotadé

Smash Ace
Zero Mission was also my first Metroid game and I got it when it was new and beat. Both it and Metroid Prime made me the Metroid fan I am today.
I remember my first time playing Metroid really well. It was close to when I became a big Marvel enjoyer at high school.

I was browsing my phone, saw that this one website had the Super Metroid ROM and thought to myself "meh, I'm sure the game's fine, will try It even if It may not be my thing"... Damn if I was wrong.

Right from the intro, the music, the menus, the entire atmosphere, that Ridley fight at the beginning... It was like love at first sight except instead of love It was my mind going "...wow".

A few months later I got Samus Returns on the 3DS with the two amiibo, and I became a fan. Then I emulated Fusion, Zero Mission and got the Prime Trilogy on Wii U... And I became very huge on Metroid for a long while.

Nowadays idk if I would call myself a deep fan anymore, kinda have grown up and idk if I see myself as a fandom person rather than just a general media and pop culture enjoyer. But yeah, these games rock and hold a special place inside.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I would love a Pokémon spin-off where you explore an overworld map, and when you start a Pokémon Battle It plays like Pokkén Tournament.

It could be hard to program unique movesets for all the Pokémon, but maybe by making It a spin-off they can choose to just do some Pokémon in specific for a region.
Or maybe Pokken 2 has a decent adventure mode

Jotadé

Smash Ace
So excited for this skin and Magneto. He looks quite badass.

Or maybe Pokken 2 has a decent adventure mode
That would work too as well. I just want the Pokkén Gameplay to be used again because I really love the idea of a Pokémon 3D fighting game.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Cynthia gets in the next smash but Lucario is one of her moms and is no longer selectable on his own (the other two are Garchomp and Roserade). Your reaction?
I’ll just stick with my idea of having Cynthia using Garchomp, Milotic and Spiritomb.

And I have thought up movesets for the other two so I have an idea of how they could work

Noipoi

Howdy!
I always thought it was ****ed up that in Shadow the Hedgehog, the only way to get a solid answer to the entire mystery the game was built upon was to wait around for ten minutes in the true final boss fight. Y’know, something nobody would think to do at first.

Way to respect your players’ time, guys.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I’ll just stick with my idea of having Cynthia using Garchomp, Milotic and Spiritomb.

And I have thought up movesets for the other two so I have an idea of how they could work
No offense but I really don’t vibe with that. They dont have legs and realistically should either not be able to move at all or not be able to move outside of water. I don’t care if in the games fish Pokémon just swim through the air and spiritomb is somehow able to like… hop around like a veggietales character. I still don’t like it.

Noipoi

Howdy!
No offense but I really don’t vibe with that. They dont have legs and realistically should either not be able to move at all or not be able to move outside of water. I don’t care if in the games fish Pokémon just swim through the air and spiritomb is somehow able to like… hop around like a veggietales character. I still don’t like it.
It’s a ****in ghost it can move if it wants to. You never heard of a haunted object moving when it isn’t supposed to?

I’m not saying Spiritomb should be doing flips and kicks, but why can’t it wobble around?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It’s a ****in ghost it can move if it wants to. You never heard of a haunted object moving when it isn’t supposed to?

I’m not saying Spiritomb should be doing flips and kicks, but why can’t it wobble around?
To be fair Spiritomb can move anyway. It hops around when it needs to.

Shroob

Sup?
It doesn't hop.

It drags itself by stretching its neck out and pulling the stone behind it after it plants its chin in the ground. So in a way, the ghost part of it is both incorporeal, since it's a ghost, and corporeal, since it can interact with the world around it.

Last edited:

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
I've been MIA again. I blame it on sleeping difficulties. And getting into Peak Gaming again.
1719238640615.png

Of the three you mentioned:

1. Disney Channel
2. Nickelodeon
3. Cartoon Network

I'm counting the preschool blocks too.

PBS Kids is also excellent and I'd rank it over Nick and CN, but counting Disney Junior, Disney made my favorite cartoon...ever, so yeah.

Teletoon would've ranked over all three of them, but alas, that network is no longer with us...

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
In other anime news:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
In other anime news:

I was waiting for Trunks to drop, and they didn’t with the last wave two weeks ago.

The same thing was happening with JJK, we’re supposed to get Season 0 gang sans Inumaki. They might go LEGO as well.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Since Otogi Katsugeki Mameda no Bakeru: Oracle Saitarou no Sainan!! was absent in the Nintendo Direct, I'm going ahead and import it. I'll first try to find it at the upcoming video game convention and if that fails I'll just order it online.

I don't care about the language barrier.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Some splendid news. Currently doing volunteer work out on this farm reserve. Helping cats, pigs, horses and dogs. Feeding the cats and cleaning their catios and litter boxes, taking the dogs outside and walking them, feeding them as well, same for the pigs and horses, cleaning their stalls and ****. I enjoy it, it's hard work but being around animals is what motivates me and makes me love this volunteering.

It was an attempt at a paid job but decided to stick to it being volunteer work because living in the city and it being out in the city, I need one of the volunteers to pick me up since I can't drive and it would be hard to get out there in the winter depending on conditions, so volunteering I'll be sticking to and I'm ok with that.

Good news is, the owner of the the place knows people at some pet shops and she'll try to talk to them to get me a job there! :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom