• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Jotadé

Smash Ace
How the **** do you have AM2R on your phone?

And how do you feel now that you’ve publicly snitched on yourself to Nintendo for ROM hacks on your phone?
I don't fear the Nintendo ninjas

Edit: AM2R is a mobile phone port made by another group of fans. Controller compatible as well, that's cool.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
this is why we need a new DK, so Nintendo can’t claim zero relevance:

Jotadé

Smash Ace
Maybe when the next DK game gets made and if It features K.Rool and the Kremlings, we could see a K.Rool Meet N Greet costume in the parks. We could even get Pauline during a retro parade or something like that

As of now, I am just cool with Donkey Kong having his own theme park at all. Just the whole idea of a Nintendo Theme park existing at all goes hard by its own.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
It’s probably going to be the baddies from DKCR now that we’re getting a third remaster

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I don't know anyone that liked the Tikis.

Hell they should of used Tropic's bad guys. At least they were actually cool.

Reactions: Z25

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Huh, this makes me worried about K. Rool and the Kremlings returning in a future Donkey Kong game for some reason. Even without the zero relevance thing, I feel they don't want to use them at all.

Noipoi

Howdy!
IMG_8981.gif

It’s King K Over

Last edited:

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
God
I swear king k would of been one of the most popular villains of any franchise if they just kept ****ing using him and didn’t pivot to the stupid tiki’s
Hell even with his last appearance being Mario super sluggers people still love him imagine what he could have been

I feel like a mom I’m not mad at Nintendo I’m disappointed they won’t realize there own potential

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I saw that Metroid: Other M was trending on Twitter, mostly arguing about its canon status. Yeah, its story is a huge mess, but Other M art made it into Dread's art gallery and the current Galactic Federation logo it originated from it.

What are your thoughts on Other M?

Last edited:

Jotadé

Smash Ace
Well, try to look at the good side Noi.

At least K.Rool has an amiibo and is in Smash Bros? I do wish Pauline had an amiibo and was a Smash Bros fighter, but idk.
Also Universal showed interest on K.Rool, maybe Illumination includes him in the DK movie.

Idk, just trying to be hopeful.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Well, try to look at the good side Noi.

At least K.Rool has an amiibo and is in Smash Bros? I do wish Pauline had an amiibo and was a Smash Bros fighter, but idk.
Also Universal showed interest on K.Rool, maybe Illumination includes him in the DK movie.

Idk, just trying to be hopeful.
I do believe he’ll be back one day. It just might take a little longer than I was initially hoping.

Jotadé

Smash Ace
I saw that Metroid: Other M was trending on Twitter, mostly arguing about its canon status. Yeah, its story is a huge mess, but Other M art made it into Dread's art gallery and the current Galactic Federation logo it originated from it.

What are your thoughts on Other M?
You know, while Other M's story is very divisive and I feel doesn't show Samus at her best like the recent Mercury Steam titles, I still find the idea of a 3rd person 3D Metroid game where you aim in first person cool.

Nowadays idk if we will see another gameplay style like It with Prime having returned and 2D Metroid turning basically into 2.5D... but I would be open to seeing Other M's Gameplay attempted again with more polish.

I do believe he’ll be back one day. It just might take a little longer than I was initially hoping.
That's the spirit!

Honestly, I've seen so much media returning in recent years I didn't expect to see remade at all so soon (Alex Kidd In Miracle World, Epic Mickey, X-Men 97, Metroid Dread and even Mario & Luigi) that I genuiely believe It is a matter of when and not if with every media.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I was listening to the Starbomb song Regretroid and then randomly had this weird ass question in mind

if Samus were to get pregnant, would that mean she’s giving birth to another Metroid? Or does this mean nothing in case she stopped being part Metroid?

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I was listening to the Starbomb song Regretroid and then randomly had this weird ass question in mind

if Samus were to get pregnant, would that mean she’s giving birth to another Metroid? Or does this mean nothing in case she stopped being part Metroid?
she's giving birth to the baby

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
With Mario & Luigi series is back. I'd love an RPG Mario & Luigi film with DK and Diddy tagging along and Bowser and King K. Rool being the villains teaming up.

Ha ha! Ha ha! But as if Nintendo will ever do that!

Jotadé

Smash Ace
Feeling so dizzy right now from doing calculations of my savings for this year and the stuff I wanna buy on my phone.
Screenshot_2024-06-24-21-00-00-72_6f8f7a6a69f2aa2976412416ecb84f7a.jpg

That's a lot of money, ngl. May need some help to get some of the stuff.

Guess whose getting a pay raise and an offer to up my contract to full time year round instead of seasonal part time
Yooooo! Congrats!

I personally am waiting for July 1st to see if I was approved to study Media Realization at my current studying place after summer.

Jotadé

Smash Ace
Sighs being in Smashboards is painful when your posts get zero traction, never result in an interesting conversation because nobody cares enough to reply to them and half of the site wants your head on a plate over really dumb stuff.

At that point why even use the internet if almost nobody has any interaction with you? Maybe to get the latest news on media you enjoy if we are trying to look at the bright side... But idk, I feel what makes the internet cool is being able to talk with people from around the world and share your fandom stuff.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Sighs being in Smashboards is painful when your posts get zero traction, never result in an interesting conversation because nobody cares enough to reply to them and half of the site wants your head on a plate over really dumb stuff.

At that point why even use the internet if almost nobody has any interaction with you? Maybe to get the latest news on media you enjoy if we are trying to look at the bright side... But idk, I feel what makes the internet cool is being able to talk with people from around the world and share your fandom stuff.
I know how you feel. I mean, I believed the "nobody cares" thing has happened to me as well.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

The child would be part Metroid, part chozo, part human, part whatever species the father is. Genetically they’d be a mess and probably sterile.

Jotadé

Smash Ace
I know how you feel. I mean, I believed the "nobody cares" thing has happened to me as well.
Well, at least that makes two of us (probably 3 since SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 seems to agree with the two of us). I guess we should follow Luz's motto in The Owl House: "weirdos have to stick together".

But you know, sometimes I wish I could travel back in time and try to stop myself from doing all that dumb stuff which got me on my current online situation which I am dealing with.

And you know, It doesn't help that there are a lot of people online who seem to genuiely have such ego that they don't want to be honest and tell the person they have a problem with in the face what they did wrong. Idk, I was taught that by talking things out everything goes better and that every problem except death has a solution.

... Then again, I shared those beliefs in a Discord server and got told that "I sound like someone who never goes outside", so either a whole generation of young adults in Gran Canaria was taught the wrong way... Or the internet is too complex for us to understand.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Now this makes me think King K. Rool won't be the villain in the Seth Rogen DK spin-off...:(

Why Nintendo??? Don't you love popularity which means more money? You clearly see how popular the Kremling King is as seen with his demand for Smash prior to his inclusion...

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Well, at least that makes two of us (probably 3 since SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 seems to agree with the two of us). I guess we should follow Luz's motto in The Owl House: "weirdos have to stick together".

But you know, sometimes I wish I could travel back in time and try to stop myself from doing all that dumb stuff which got me on my current online situation which I am dealing with.

And you know, It doesn't help that there are a lot of people online who seem to genuiely have such ego that they don't want to be honest and tell the person they have a problem with in the face what they did wrong. Idk, I was taught that by talking things out everything goes better and that every problem except death has a solution.

... Then again, I shared those beliefs in a Discord server and got told that "I sound like someone who never goes outside", so either a whole generation of young adults in Gran Canaria was taught the wrong way... Or the internet is too complex for us to understand.
I understand it is okay to be different, but I also think some people are way too popular that it keeps others from being noticed. Weird or popular, either way, I honestly don't think that would be a good enough excuse to not pay attention to others. I mean, we are all people here, and threads like this should not be for certain groups of people only.

It makes me think that these forums could use some reform, especially for threads like this.

Jotadé

Smash Ace
Now this makes me think King K. Rool won't be the villain in the Seth Rogen DK spin-off...:(

Why Nintendo??? Don't you love popularity which means more money? You clearly see how popular the Kremling King as was seen with his demand for Smash.
Idk, I think if anything you could make a case that this increases K.Rool's chances in the DK movie if Universal is THAT willing to work with the character.

Sure, he wasn't added to the theme park, but maybe we get a similar case to Foreman Spike or Chunky Kong and the Illumination crew convinces the Nintendo higher ups to feature K.Rool in the movie.

Guess we'll have to wait and see for upcoming press news and such.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
Thrilled to announce that Prince will finally be joining the Hollywood Walk of Fame next year. Shocked he wasn't on there already.

Green Day will also be joining the WOF next year, as will Trey Parker and Matt Stone in a W for animation and comedy representation.

I kinda wish Akira Toriyama got to join in, though, given the legacy he's had.

Noipoi

Howdy!

I say this a lot to whenever the topic comes up, but no one sets out to ignore people in the thread. Sometimes a post just doesn't inspire much of a reaction. It happens to me a ton, and I have the most likes on this entire freakin website (The peak of my existence, it's all downhill from here)

The point being, don't be discouraged. For every post that might slip under the cracks there'll be another that people engage with.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I say this a lot to whenever the topic comes up, but no one sets out to ignore people in the thread. Sometimes a post just doesn't inspire much of a reaction. It happens to me a ton, and I have the most likes on this entire freakin website (The peak of my existence, it's all downhill from here)

The point being, don't be discouraged. For every post that might slip under the cracks there'll be another that people engage with.
Considering how often people are ignored here, well, I honestly find this hard to believe.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Idk, I think if anything you could make a case that this increases K.Rool's chances in the DK movie if Universal is THAT willing to work with the character.

Sure, he wasn't added to the theme park, but maybe we get a similar case to Foreman Spike or Chunky Kong and the Illumination crew convinces the Nintendo higher ups to feature K.Rool in the movie.

Guess we'll have to wait and see for upcoming press news and such.
Generally curious but was it Sakurai who got the decision to put King K. Rool in Ultimate or was the final call from the Nintendo higher-ups?

Jotadé

Smash Ace
I understand it is okay to be different, but I also think some people are way too popular that it keeps others from being noticed. Weird or popular, either way, I honestly don't think that would be a good enough excuse to not pay attention to others. I mean, we are all people here, and threads like this should not be for certain groups of people only.

It makes me think that these forums could use some reform, especially for threads like this.
Honestly, I would start by removing the like system. It is silly internet points and I find It more meaningful when people come out of their way to say something about what I posted be It for or against It.

And ngl, I do feel that indeed some users are just that popular that most of the things they say get easy traction. Noipoi Noipoi for example, while not his fault, is VERY popular. He's a great artist, a nice person, and specially a good crapposter and joke-maker. People LOVE those a lot, specially crapposters for some reason.

And I do believe there are... Certain stereotypes being thrown around regarding various users of the site. In my case I have seen people using my name as the "triggered fanboy" scapegoat on private circles. Specially regarding Marvel media. It does suck in my case, ngl. I may have autism and social anxiety, but I assure you that I am not that much of the devil IRL. My neighbours all enjoy my presence (heck, yesterday a family from my building invited me to go watch Planet Of The Apes with them, that's the level of trust they have with me), all my family members right now always want to see me and spend time with their kids sharing my LEGO and action figure stuff.

... Idk, not sure how else to say It... But I truly don't want to mean harm to the people around me.

Generally curious but was it Sakurai who got the decision to put King K. Rool in Ultimate or was the final call from the Nintendo higher-ups?
We don't really know. All we know is that he got added because he did THAT well at the Smash Ballot. Be It Sakurai's or Nintendo's choice, that's up for speculation.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Honestly, I would start by removing the like system. It is silly internet points and I find It more meaningful when people come out of their way to say something about what I posted be It for or against It.

And ngl, I do feel that indeed some users are just that popular that most of the things they say get easy traction. Noipoi Noipoi for example, while not his fault, is VERY popular. He's a great artist, a nice person, and specially a good crapposter and joke-maker. People LOVE those a lot, specially crapposters for some reason.

And I do believe there are... Certain stereotypes being thrown around regarding various users of the site. In my case I have seen people using my name as the "triggered fanboy" scapegoat on private circles. Specially regarding Marvel media. It does suck in my case, ngl. I may have autism and social anxiety, but I assure you that I am not that much of the devil IRL. My neighbours all enjoy my presence (heck, yesterday a family from my building invited me to go watch Planet Of The Apes with them, that's the level of trust they have with me), all my family members right now always want to see me and spend time with their kids sharing my LEGO and action figure stuff.

... Idk, not sure how else to say It... But I truly don't want to mean harm to the people around me.
I do agree with the like system being removed.

As for being popular; me? I don't personally care about being popular. I may dislike being ignored, but if you ask me, being popular is so overrated for reasons. To me, it is not all that, if you know what I mean.

Top Bottom