• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I don't got to say much about the whole suicide thing aside from it's really not worth it at all. Life, mentality, and your own sanity can change for the better, but you'll never know if you end things now.

I know I sound cheesy and generic but I've had a couple people close to me try to end it all before (thankfully they didn't) and idk it's something that I take seriously when people are genuine about that stuff. All I know is the world would be worse off without them, and I know it'll be worse without y'all.

Y'all got this ❤

Jotadé

Smash Ace
I don't got to say much about the whole suicide thing aside from it's really not worth it at all. Life, mentality, and your own sanity can change for the better, but you'll never know if you end things now.

I know I sound cheesy and generic but I've had a couple people close to me try to end it all before (thankfully they didn't) and idk it's something that I take seriously when people are genuine about that stuff. All I know is the world would be worse off without them, and I know it'll be worse without y'all.

Y'all got this ❤
Thanks MightyP. I really appreciate the kind words ^^

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
This story is insane:
Dude was way better off throwing an expensive controller at an expensive TV to vent their frustration but chose to be a terrorist instead.

Idiot

Last edited:

Jotadé

Smash Ace

Interesting article, ngl.
Joseph Quinn basically says that while maybe he should reach out to both Chris Evans and Michael B.Jordan, he really wants to make his own take on the Human Torch and not rely on what came before. All while praising the past two actors for his work with the character.

Quite a very polite take, ngl. Looking forward to see how his version turns out 🙏🏼

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Still gotta get around to watching the first two Inside Out films.

I think there's definitely room and ideas for one more movie. First one focused on Riley as a child, this one focused on her as a teenager, third one could focus on her as an adult.

Overall a trilogy to wrap up this series.

Noipoi

Howdy!
New Pokémon Kanto game with all the later added Kanto Pokémon Evolutions, all the Johto Pokemon and their later added evolutions, the Meltan line, and a bunch of new pokemon to better represent underrepped types, leading to Kanto having a typical modern region Dex. I want this, to happen. Do you?
Hell no.
What made people decide to draw Mario and Luigi as attractive men with sex appeal?
I dunno, they’re already beautiful.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Interesting article, ngl.
Joseph Quinn basically says that while maybe he should reach out to both Chris Evans and Michael B.Jordan, he really wants to make his own take on the Human Torch and not rely on what came before. All while praising the past two actors for his work with the character.

Quite a very polite take, ngl. Looking forward to see how his version turns out 🙏🏼
Honestly, valid.

People kept trash talking him saying he was bad at acting when cast. Which is factually wrong imo.

But regardless, they gave the cast full marvel unlimited access. Let them read some iconic stories and give their own takes. A lot of time that really helps with creating an iconic portrayal.

It’s always nice to see different takes based on what a character might mean to any actor.

Noipoi

Howdy!
You're acting like they won't do it again,.

And calling those "ultra" is a bit much.
Look I just don’t wanna see the same Kanto plot with the same batch of Pokemon again. It’s tired.

I’d only be happy with a return to Kanto in the form of a legends game. There’s few concepts I’ve seen that I’ve liked.

One took place in the 80s, where you were a researcher collecting data for the creation of Mewtwo. That’d be pretty cool.

The other was a primitive Kanto region, with you playing as the very first human to form a friendship with a Pokémon. It’s a little more out there, but it’s an interesting idea.

If they did something new with it I guess I’d be down, but if we’re talking about yet another remake of Red/Blue/Green/Yellow then no thank you.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
So like... how bad do you have to be at Splatoon that you call in 39 bomb threats?
probably got affected by those splatrollers. And also…
Ate some unseasoned chicken for the first time of my life I think I'm gonna be sick
…put some BBQ sauce and seasoning on that chicken. Remember who and what you are

Dukefire

Smash Master
This story is insane:
Jeez......that was A LOT of pent up Toxic anger for one man to do that.
Screenshot_20240611_195043_YouTube.jpg

Remember people: find a healthy way to vent out those emotions before it explodes and possibly fry your own sanity permanently.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Bleh I've had such a boring day today. Crappy weather always makes me feel unmotivated. I'm trying to get to writing the next chapter to my Courage the Cowardly Dog/Danny Phantom AU crossover but I fear my writers block maybe returning now and its been two months since the last chapter. This sucks because I got the motivation to start writing again back in December after having such for so long, I love to write, I especially don't want to keep my readers waiting and this story is a fun concept to explore being a whole new spin on "A boy and his X" concept but supernatural.

On another note, got four weeks off from one of my jobs since the family went off to Japan for vacation. Take advantage of this crappy weather and go out soon to the show to see A Quiet Place: Day One.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
welp I missed out on the X-Men discussion again so imma just say this (probably again)

1. X-Men better reclaim their 2nd place throne within Marvel
2. Wish Marvel would do better with both Ms. Marvel and Ghost-Spider. Sure Kamala hasn’t been overshadowed as an Inhumutant, but her only having mini series is hella dumb for such a popular character. Also they better not make Iman write another X-Men vs Inhumans storyline cause those ****ers are mostly dead within the comics. As for Gwen…it’s a damn travesty that they’d deport her to 616 without explaining why so far (not only that, but it adds on to the hypocrisy of the Spider-Editorial).
2.5. “There’s too many Spiders in the 616 for us to have Ben as a Spider” my ass. Peter and Miles are understandable, but then there’s Cindy and Jessica with their yearly mini comic runs, Kaine who is teased to make a return this year, Rek-Rap who still exists due to the Paul era, Shift being a really good Miles clone, Miguel who is still Migueling I guess, Spider-Boy cause Slott gonna Slott, and of course Gwen being moved to the 616 instead of staying in the beautiful Earth 65…Marvel yall may as well just let Ben become Scarlet Spider again or something
3. Earth 616 ****ing sucks
Yeah, the stuff with Ben is kind of crazy, and he's like 5th place for me out of the Spider-Men I like. But the fact they keep making new ones, yet act like he can't have a purpose outside of turning him into a villain is crazy. His drip as Chasm is cool tho. Until he turned into a bat-themed demon, instead of a Spider-Demon. That was just lame and disappointing.

Granted, I personally would have the main 3 be Peter, Kaine and Miles. But since people give a **** about Ben, I'm sure you can have some room for him, compared to making Ghost-Spider in the main universe, or the 37 Silk fans happy.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Mamboo07 Mamboo07 NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy

Next MonsterVerse installment will be March 26th, 2027

Of course this all depends on the state of the world by then whether another pandemic between now and then or anything else.
Gonna be around 24 years old or something when this comes out.

I kinda notice a reoccurring theme with release dates:
  • 2014 = May, 2014
  • Skull Island = March, 2017
  • KOTM = May, 2019
  • GvK = March, 2021
  • New Empire = March, 2024
Releasing in March or May

Jotadé

Smash Ace
Just found out that my island (Gran Canaria) is gonna be the official headquarters (not sure if that's the right word) for 2030's soccer world cup.
View attachment 391675
Ok, so why I think this is both bad and good:

Good
-More source of income for a while on the economy of the island.
-Improvements on our local Stadium
-Potential of improvements in some poor zones of the city to adapt to the massive amount of people.
Bad
-Tourism in mass getting even worse
-Enviromental impact from the tourists in mass
-The soccer radicals producing riots on the island
-Possibility they **** up the main city worse than what's going on in Arucas right now
-They still aren't working on fixing the whole online retailers besides Amazon and a few not delivering to the Canary Islands anymore
-Why are they hosting a world cup on a freaking island!? Shouldn't those things be made on the capital cities of a country or an actual location designed for such massive events

Tl;Dr: I am genuiely scared by these news. Maybe we get lucky and the enviromental impact isn't awful... But idk anymore.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
View attachment 391676
Who let bro cook?
amy poehler text
I mean...is it, though?

Inside Out is probably one of Pixar's greatest films ever, but Finding Dory and Cars 3 are also pretty good, Coco is insanely good, and while everything from Incredibles 2 to Luca seemed to have gotten either mixed reception or slightly less praise than the norm for Pixar's work, I heard that Turning Red was really well received, and the same goes for Elemental after the initial fears of it failing at the box office.

Inside Out is easily up there with most of Pixar's films pre-Cars 2, but calling it hte last "great" movie that Pixar's made as of yet is a kind of a stretch.

Shroob

Sup?
Bro... TF2 bots are... fixed?

There was a massive 20k+ player banwave yesterday, multiple bot hosting discord servers were nuked, and bot accounts are being nuked upon creation.

Are we soo back?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Bro... TF2 bots are... fixed?

There was a massive 20k+ player banwave yesterday, multiple bot hosting discord servers were nuked, and bot accounts are being nuked upon creation.

Are we soo back?
You mean..... Valve.....listened?

Last edited:
Top Bottom