• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Rumor has it that the new developers of Mario and Luigi are Next Level Games
Speaking of rumors, we seemingly know how Pyoro got his and why he had nothing for the direct:

Reactions: ---

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
This is one of the most beautiful looking Game Boy Advance games that I've ever seen.

I'm very curious about that "Lost Game Tape" at the end.

KillerCage

Smash Master
I think I'm gonna drop Sonic Frontiers and just watch the story stuff from the DLC on YouTube. I'm kinda sick of this game.

My biggest issue with the game as a whole is that it feels ****ing braindead to play, it's not really fun unless you really look around everywhere and explore and I don't feel that the game gives much of an incentive to do that. The boss fights are hype but they're only really good on an aesthetic level, they're just as braindead to play as the rest of the game and also highlight how unengaging the combat is, it's a textbook example of style over substance. I really want to like this game but it's just not that fun
Honestly you're dodging a bullet. I think Sonic Team over-tuned the difficulty to the point I actually prefer the base game over the DLC. Case in point the Master Trial and the new final boss. The Master Trail ruins the Titan bosses by requiring you to perfect parry the bosses's attacks while conserving the 400 rings across all three fights with no refills. Meanwhile the new final boss requires you to use a mechanic that apparently was in the base game but you most likely would not be aware of its existence as they don't show it at all. If I were to go back to the DLC, it would just be the new characters and the Cyber Space levels.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I don’t think Mario & Luigi Brothership is Next Level Games. Their turnaround rate is 3 years and some odd months ever since Luigi’s Mansion 2 in 2013. 2 years seems way too short to pump out a whole brand new RPG.

I dunno who’s making it but apparently a lot of AlphaDream members jumped ship to ICLA, the developers of Shining Pearl and Brilliant Diamond and One Piece Odyssey. I could see them doing it. Or it could just be internal. The real dark horse imo is Camelot. That’d be a shocker but it’s been long enough that it could be them.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Rewatched Guardians Of The Galaxy

I have many thoughts on how the Guardians have been handled in the MCU, but this movie is pretty great and I don't have many problems here. I think this is one of my favorite looking MCU movies, yeah it is mostly CGI but it is colorful and has a distinct style to it, and I love the chemistry between the cast, also Groot is the character of all time. This movie also probably has my favorite opening in the entire MCU, Peter dancing to come and get your love is stuck in my mind. Honestly my main problems with this movie come with the fact that Ronin is kind of lame.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Rewatched Guardians Of The Galaxy

I have many thoughts on how the Guardians have been handled in the MCU, but this movie is pretty great and I don't have many problems here. I think this is one of my favorite looking MCU movies, yeah it is mostly CGI but it is colorful and has a distinct style to it, and I love the chemistry between the cast, also Groot is the character of all time. This movie also probably has my favorite opening in the entire MCU, Peter dancing to come and get your love is stuck in my mind. Honestly my main problems with this movie come with the fact that Ronin is kind of lame.
I still like that Ronin actually had the guts to betray Thanos and his followers, and potentially could've even gained the power to actually carry out his threat towards him.

That, plus the total contrast between him and most of the heroes and his utterly confused and enraged reactions to some of the Guardians' more unorthodox plans and distractions makes for some comedy gold. I did kind of forget about Ronin until rewatching the film again later, but he's a solid antagonist for the movie and a fitting adversary for the Guardians.

Also, yeah, Peter's entrance as Starlord in the intro is iconic.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I’m surprised Shrek never got a show on Nickelodeon or Netflix or something
Yeah, now that I think about it that's a little odd given that MvA, HTTYD, and KFP got shows.

Funny thing is Legends of Awesomeness remembered the Furious Five which is more than... you know.

Last edited:

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
A question I made a while ago: If Sonic X as very popular, why Sega and TMS Entertainment never thought on making Sonic Y?
(this is a Pokémon reference btw)

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Speaking of rumors, we seemingly know how Pyoro got his and why he had nothing for the direct:
Pretty interesting theory. I'm glad that the Direct was mostly a complete surprise in the end. I would have hated to have been robbed of Maximilian Dood's Marvel reaction.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I just noticed the Chao are in this.

Is the garden coming back (copium)
Iizuka already said no
I guess that's fine if former Alpha Dream members are helping out.
Aren't Next Level Canadian? Sounds hard to get a bunch of Japanese people on the team
Sonic Forces really traumatized the fanbase dude

I’m seeing people upset that Classic Sonic is in Sonic x Shadow Generations.

Guys…it’s Sonic freaking Generations.
They're crying that it looks like Forces because there's a part in the demo where you go straight forward, don't show them the first 30 seconds of City Escape or Pyramid Cave, they'll realize it's Forces and suddenly hate it

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I think once I'm done with work for today I'll do the true final boss of Sonic Frontiers and then move on to another game. I'm thinking Bayonetta is next, I never really got into this franchise even though I played the demo once on Wii U and really enjoyed it

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Flygon was set to get a Mega Evolution, but apparently it was so hard to design they just gave up.

So what do you think it should look like?
Give him a funny hat

Honestly I really like its base design so its hard to imagine an improvement. If they did a major revamp like they did with say Bedrill or Salamence I feel like I'd probably like it less.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
Flygon was set to get a Mega Evolution, but apparently it was so hard to design they just gave up.

So what do you think it should look like?
People say it should become a bug-dragon type, but eh, I think that'd hurt Flygon more than it'd help. Bug has a lot more weaknesses than Ground and would lose a lot of Ground's offensive capabilities.

I say take Flygon's pretty long body and turn it into a sand-worm (or indeed sand-wyrm) creature. Put it back in the ground and have it partially burrowed, with some extra flair and additions like your usual Megas (kinda like Mega Charizard Y). Swap out Levitate and give it back its Arena Trap ability - potentially very scary to face considering how dangerous Shadow Tag is on Mega Gengar. I think it'd help Flygon stand out a lot.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I think once I'm done with work for today I'll do the true final boss of Sonic Frontiers and then move on to another game. I'm thinking Bayonetta is next, I never really got into this franchise even though I played the demo once on Wii U and really enjoyed it
Okay the galaga style final boss is way better than the series of quick time events of normal mode, literally what were they thinking when they locked this to hard mode. It's still a bit disappointing that it's not a standard epic Super Sonic fight but it's unironically way better than the vanilla ass SUPREME fight.

Now to watch the story stuff from the DLC on YouTube

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Okay the galaga style final boss is way better than the series of quick time events of normal mode, literally what were they thinking when they locked this to hard mode. It's still a bit disappointing that it's not a standard epic Super Sonic fight but it's unironically way better than the vanilla ass SUPREME fight.

Now to watch the story stuff from the DLC on YouTube
It's actually pretty challenging but at the same time that boss theme, I'm With You, is one of the most beautiful pieces in the game which is already like top 3 Sonic OSTs. Only one I think really rivals it is the Open Zone challenge theme which has less of an emotional vibe but is so nice on the ears I could cry

Also go watch the Super Sonic 2 fight it's ****ing cool as **** assuming you know what to do

Last edited:

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
I don’t think Mario & Luigi Brothership is Next Level Games. Their turnaround rate is 3 years and some odd months ever since Luigi’s Mansion 2 in 2013. 2 years seems way too short to pump out a whole brand new RPG.

I dunno who’s making it but apparently a lot of AlphaDream members jumped ship to ICLA, the developers of Shining Pearl and Brilliant Diamond and One Piece Odyssey. I could see them doing it. Or it could just be internal. The real dark horse imo is Camelot. That’d be a shocker but it’s been long enough that it could be them.
I'm guessing it's Monolith Soft tbh. Hiroyuki Kubota works for Monolith Soft now and he was the director of Partners in Time, Bowser's Inside Story and Dream Team. This would also mean that Intelligent Systems do Fire Emblem & Paper Mario, while Monolith Soft would do Xenoblade & Mario & Luigi.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Finished the story cutscenes for the Frontiers DLC including the final boss

They're alright, not that much better or different from the main game. I'm glad Eggman got a happy ending in this one but the only difference between that and the post credit scene is that it's instant gratification

Also I listened to the Egg Memos that I didn't know about because I skipped the fishing minigame. Those memos might be the best part of the game's story to me and I'm including the Tails cutscene that made me cry

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I need to rant because this **** is gonna make me lose my mind if it's true...

I really hate this decision because even if she isn't an inmediately recognisable part of the 2 Deadpool films I still believe that his relationship with his girlfriend was the main crux of Deadpool's development in the films so to throw it out the window makes me doubt the potential of the writers.

This just comes across as incredibly mean-spirited, especially given how both movies had his relationship with her play a major role in his motivations.

So apparently here we go with this whole trend again turning beloved characters into losers like Dewey from Scream 5, Indiana Jones, Bill & Ted, and Luke Skywalker.

And of all the characters they had to do this to Deadpool...I think my interest has dropped drastically.

At this rate John Wick is probably gonna be turned into a loser in the fifth film. Seriously what the **** is Hollywood's obsession with this???

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I need to rant because this **** is gonna make me lose my mind if it's true...

I really hate this decision because even if she isn't an inmediately recognisable part of the 2 Deadpool films I still believe that his relationship with his girlfriend was the main crux of Deadpool's development in the films so to throw it out the window makes me doubt the potential of the writers.

This just comes across as incredibly mean-spirited, especially given how both movies had his relationship with her play a major role in his motivations.

So apparently here we go with this whole trend again turning beloved characters into losers like Dewey from Scream 5, Indiana Jones, Bill & Ted, and Luke Skywalker.

And of all the characters they had to do this to Deadpool...I think my interest has dropped drastically.

At this rate John Wick is probably gonna be turned into a loser in the fifth film. Seriously what the **** is Hollywood's obsession with this???
We get it, Zeb. You miss your wife. Stop projecting onto beloved super heroes.

Top Bottom