• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Game design
Well design itself is the framework of everything in it. Most designers create a design document if they have an idea for a game and are committed to it. This document is the blueprint for everything, from game engine, programming language, genre, maximum number of players, game mechanics, goals, level of difficulty, etc. The idea is to not stray away from the design document you created, but try to stay as true to it as possible; if it's unfeasable or unfun, drop it or modify it. After drafting your first design document, your next steps is to figure out how how you're gonna try to stick close to it. If you have an artstyle in mind, how will you integrate the graphics? Can you program the game mechanic in? Can you compose music to set the scene? Or you can hire people to do so (but that is very costly).

Oh and last thing, unless you know you can, don't make it a full time job. The amount of people who drop everything to make a game of their own is staggeringly high, and the success stories is very, very low. For every Undertale or Cuphead, there's 100 more indie games that never see a peep. Keep it a hobby.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
some additional details on Caped Crusader for both Harley and Harvey
IMG_3379.jpeg
1718913325319.png

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm totally late on the direct. It might be because of my enjoyment of the Paper Mario games RPG gameplay but I'm totally stoke for Mario & Luigi: Brotherhood!

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I think I'm gonna drop Sonic Frontiers and just watch the story stuff from the DLC on YouTube. I'm kinda sick of this game.

My biggest issue with the game as a whole is that it feels ****ing braindead to play, it's not really fun unless you really look around everywhere and explore and I don't feel that the game gives much of an incentive to do that. The boss fights are hype but they're only really good on an aesthetic level, they're just as braindead to play as the rest of the game and also highlight how unengaging the combat is, it's a textbook example of style over substance. I really want to like this game but it's just not that fun

Dukefire

Smash Master
It is not much, but
Sonic Forces really traumatized the fanbase dude

I’m seeing people upset that Classic Sonic is in Sonic x Shadow Generations.

Guys…it’s Sonic freaking Generations.
Honestly, the sonic fanbase that do complain are usually the diehard fans that aren't very flexible to open ideas at times (sometimes influenced by past experiences and/or opinions that were toxic left festering without kept in check).

I am a Sonic Fan, but not like the die hard fans that could go crazy at a drop of a hat.
20240607_192300.jpg

Shroob

Sup?
It is not much, but

Honestly, the sonic fanbase that do complain are usually the diehard fans that aren't very flexible to open ideas at times (sometimes influenced by past experiences and/or opinions that were toxic left festering without kept in check).

I am a Sonic Fan, but not like the die hard fans that could go crazy at a drop of a hat.
View attachment 391349
Yo they got Patrick Star in this game?

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

It is still hilarious that Universal is using The Dark Universe branding for the Universal Monsters.

Either that trademark isn't expiring for a while or someone was really proud of it.
To be fair if all the crap that Dark Universe was. I think it had a super cool logo animation:

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
The r/danieltigerconspiracy subreddit towards any preschool cartoon this millennium that isn't Bluey:
1718926706008.png

(Look, Bluey is amazing and everything, but that subreddit just seems to think that everything aside from Bluey is terrible and awful for kids, and they're often just straight-up finding things to complain about in perfectly good shows...)

Dr.DonPatch64

Smash Journeyman
Years ago I've been told that when Metroid Prime 1 was first revealed it received negative receptions as the Metroid community didn't like what they saw but I can't find a source of such online.

Anyone know if it's true?
Try NeoGaf, they have tons of posts from many years ago

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It is not much, but

View attachment 391349
I like everything Sonic does, except the open zones. But I like every character both classic and modern.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
It is not much, but

View attachment 391349
I just noticed the Chao are in this.

Is the garden coming back (copium)

Top Bottom