• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

When do you expect a Switch Successor announcement?

• Total voters

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Pretty interesting theory. I'm glad that the Direct was mostly a complete surprise in the end. I would have hated to have been robbed of Maximilian Dood's Marvel reaction.
We actually have an update/confirmation on how he got his info now:

Dukefire

Smash Master
We actually have an update/confirmation on how he got his info now:
In a way, the internet is no longer being spoiled with information for future announcements that easily.
Screenshot_20240516_140546_YouTube.jpg

Which is both good and bad depending on your perspective.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I need to rant because this **** is gonna make me lose my mind if it's true...

I really hate this decision because even if she isn't an inmediately recognisable part of the 2 Deadpool films I still believe that his relationship with his girlfriend was the main crux of Deadpool's development in the films so to throw it out the window makes me doubt the potential of the writers.

This just comes across as incredibly mean-spirited, especially given how both movies had his relationship with her play a major role in his motivations.

So apparently here we go with this whole trend again turning beloved characters into losers like Dewey from Scream 5, Indiana Jones, Bill & Ted, and Luke Skywalker.

And of all the characters they had to do this to Deadpool...I think my interest has dropped drastically.

At this rate John Wick is probably gonna be turned into a loser in the fifth film. Seriously what the **** is Hollywood's obsession with this???
You know that loss of a GF or otherwise isn’t an immediate sign of being a loser? That’s kind of a major assumption. It seems likely that maybe they couldn’t have a child and that caused a rift in their relationship considering a major point of the second one was them wanting a baby.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I need to rant because this **** is gonna make me lose my mind if it's true...

I really hate this decision because even if she isn't an inmediately recognisable part of the 2 Deadpool films I still believe that his relationship with his girlfriend was the main crux of Deadpool's development in the films so to throw it out the window makes me doubt the potential of the writers.

This just comes across as incredibly mean-spirited, especially given how both movies had his relationship with her play a major role in his motivations.

So apparently here we go with this whole trend again turning beloved characters into losers like Dewey from Scream 5, Indiana Jones, Bill & Ted, and Luke Skywalker.

And of all the characters they had to do this to Deadpool...I think my interest has dropped drastically.

At this rate John Wick is probably gonna be turned into a loser in the fifth film. Seriously what the **** is Hollywood's obsession with this???
We get it, Zeb. You miss your wife. Stop projecting onto beloved super heroes.
You know that loss of a GF or otherwise isn’t an immediate sign of being a loser? That’s kind of a major assumption. It seems likely that maybe they couldn’t have a child and that caused a rift in their relationship considering a major point of the second one was them wanting a baby.
wouldn’t be Zeb Wells approved if someone’s relationship or character development isn’t completely ****ed

just pray his ass ain’t named Paul

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So why not just adopt a child then?

As the old saying goes. Blood doesn't matter in family.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm curious to know which platform Shantae Advance: Risky Revolution is planned to release on first: GBA or modern consoles?

After all, both WayForward and Limited Run Games undoubtedly know that there is a 102% chance that the GBA version will have its ROM be dumped online the very moment people manage to get their hands on the game.

Dukefire

Smash Master
I'm curious to know which platform Shantae Advance: Risky Revolution is planned to release on first: GBA or modern consoles?

After all, both WayForward and Limited Run Games undoubtedly know that there is a 102% chance that the GBA version will have its ROM be dumped online the very moment people manage to get their hands on the game.
It is going to be GBA first then other consoles. So, more advanced consoles will have to wait a little longer.....unless you have either a GBA or a Gameboy adaptor for the Gamecube with disc.
Artist: Nin10ja
20230715_211703.jpg

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Playing Metroid Prime 1 Remastered and man, the difference between twin stick controls and GameCube style controls are nothing alike.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
wish the PS5 controllers didn’t die so ****ing early…also wish PS5 games were compressed

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
In a way, the internet is no longer being spoiled with information for future announcements that easily.
View attachment 391379
Which is both good and bad depending on your perspective.
It gets funnier:

-speaks to reporter about their source

-doesn’t expect that to be part of the story they are being interviewed for.

Lmao

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I'm really liking Bayonetta so far

Unfortunately it is also very apparent to me that I am terrible at hack n slash games. This is very similar to my attempt at playing DMC3 which ended with me switching to easy mode

Dukefire

Smash Master
It gets funnier:

Lmao
It was good while it lasted, but nothing lasts forever.....
Screenshot_20240508_003840_YouTube.jpg

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
So, what are we calling the new Zelda art style used in Link’s Awakening and Echoes of Wisdom? It’s not Toon Link, but it’s also not regular link. What are we calling it?

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
It gets funnier:

Lmao
I'm sorry if I am too blunt, but how can you be such a numbskull as to actually tell a media outlet about such a confidential information, and not be aware that it would get posted as well? There's no take backsies now. He's actually going to be in trouble for such a stupid mistake. Since birds are known to be smart, you'd think he would be smart to not at least say anything, but this effecitvely narrows the source... If Pyoro was a real bird, he'd be the stupidest bird ever in history, hah.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'm really liking Bayonetta so far

Unfortunately it is also very apparent to me that I am terrible at hack n slash games. This is very similar to my attempt at playing DMC3 which ended with me switching to easy mode
1 is the hardest one, so yeah turning it to easy mode is wise

2, 3, and especially Origin will spare you

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I will forever appreciate the Payday 2 Dentist trailer

Not only is it just a well made live action trailer but also they got Giancarlo Esposito to do a corny Title Drop and it is the greatest thing I have seen.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
First, MIdori and now, Pyoro. Why is this not so surprising to me?

I'm sorry if I am too blunt, but how can you be such a numbskull as to actually tell a media outlet about such a confidential information, and not be aware that it would get posted as well? There's no take backsies now. He's actually going to be in trouble for such a stupid mistake. Since birds are known to be smart, you'd think he would be smart to not at least say anything, but this effecitvely narrows the source... If Pyoro was a real bird, he'd be the stupidest bird ever in history, hah.
If we are talking birds, wouldn't thins make Pyoro a dodo? No offense to him, I am saying that dodos were very dumb birds.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I don't think I'm gonna do that, I felt patronized playing DMC3 on easy mode and I don't want to experience that here
the last 3 games don’t patronize you. They’re just easier on normal difficulty due to the 1st game’s normal difficulty being an issue for lots of people
The game is fun but the paywall is why I'll never peep the game for more than a week. Why would they make a fighting game and then paywall the entire cast, that's backwards lol.
cause this is apart of WBD’s plan to make more gaming money despite the battle pass and purchasing character blah blah blah stuff they love so much failing with their Suicide Squad bomb (that is apparently slowing their upcoming storylines down due to it being a failure)

WBD won’t learn to just have regular games sold

Jondolio

Smash Hero
the last 3 games don’t patronize you. They’re just easier on normal difficulty due to the 1st game’s normal difficulty being an issue for lots of people
Oh no I specifically talked about switching to easy mode, I have every intention of playing at least Bayonetta 2 since I got that with Bayo 1 and I am enjoying Bayo 1 a lot even though I suck at it

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
It gets funnier:

Lmao
So Midori was a fake and Pyoro's an idiot. I like seeing leakers lose.

Reactions: Z25

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
cause this is apart of WBD’s plan to make more gaming money despite the battle pass and purchasing character blah blah blah stuff they love so much failing with their Suicide Squad bomb (that is apparently slowing their upcoming storylines down due to it being a failure)

WBD won’t learn to just have regular games sold
Yeah and it's gonna fall flat on their face. Multiversus is a disaster and I bet they're gonna shut it down again or make everyone f2p but lock cosmetics like when Overwatch 2 was flopping

Top Bottom