• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Oh no I specifically talked about switching to easy mode, I have every intention of playing at least Bayonetta 2 since I got that with Bayo 1 and I am enjoying Bayo 1 a lot even though I suck at it
respectable to stay on normal difficulty. Usually people be folding, but I can guarantee it’ll be worth everything by the end of the game (that and especially the musical benefits)
Yeah and it's gonna fall flat on their face. Multiversus is a disaster and I bet they're gonna shut it down again or make everyone f2p but lock cosmetics like when Overwatch 2 was flopping
the gaming industry never learns
The PS5 doesn't have games tho
**** you right

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Not sure how many of yall watch The Boys but I just finished what they released for Season 4 so far

Goddamn they are cooking

Reactions: Z25

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Not sure how many of yall watch The Boys but I just finished what they released for Season 4 so far

Goddamn they are cooking
Seeing people finally realize the show is making fun of them is hilarious. But seasons looking really interesting. Built off of everything previously established in a strong way as well. Really curious as to how everyone’s storylines are going to play out. Homelanders feels obvious based on the comics, but everyone else is fair game for anything to happen.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Here is a dump of the rest of Smilefes stuff that I will have to buy at some point or appeals to the thread

The Pekora Shielder and the SJHU are must buys for me

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So Mario RPG? It's fun, but even for Mario RPG standards it's surprisingly short and simple. The areas are tiny, not really much dungeon exploring, the fights are really fast if you know the proper strat, and the story is flying by fast. I get that it's meant to be a "baby's first RPG" but can the game like slow down a bit?

On the flipside... the game has a lot of charm and again, it's fun. And having 3 party members and a more tradional stat system in battle makes the game a little more strategic(?) than the other Mario RPGs.

But in terms of comparing it to other Mario RPGs.. I don't think this comes close to being the best like so many people said it was. I'm enjoying my time here but I'm gaining a better appreciation on how the other Mario RPGs built off it.

I also don't see the Geno hype. Good party member in battle tho.

Noipoi

Howdy!
So Mario RPG? It's fun, but even for Mario RPG standards it's surprisingly short and simple. The areas are tiny, not really much dungeon exploring, the fights are really fast if you know the proper strat, and the story is flying by fast. I get that it's meant to be a "baby's first RPG" but can the game like slow down a bit?

On the flipside... the game has a lot of charm and again, it's fun. And having 3 party members and a more tradional stat system in battle makes the game a little more strategic(?) than the other Mario RPGs.

But in terms of comparing it to other Mario RPGs.. I don't think this comes close to being the best like so many people said it was. I'm enjoying my time here but I'm gaining a better appreciation on how the other Mario RPGs built off it.

It’s the same reason most 90s Nintendo games that have sort of fell to the wayside got so hyped up back in the day. Nostalgic older gamers mythologize it and make it the stuff of legend, and younger gamers who have no access to it take them at their word.

By the time they actually play it, it’s definitely fun, but it’s probably not blowing their minds like they thought it would.

Geno’s cool but I have no idea how he got so big in Smash speculation.

Shroob

Sup?

Manufactured hype tbh. I'm gonna get crucified to hell but no one gave a **** about Geno before the Smash fanbase of him.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
It’s the same reason most 90s Nintendo games that have sort of fell to the wayside got so hyped up back in the day. Nostalgic older gamers mythologize it and make it the stuff of legend, and younger gamers who have no access to it take them at their word.

By the time they actually play it, it’s definitely fun, but it’s probably not blowing their minds like they thought it would.

Honestly, I'm in that boat rn. People were saying that it's an amazing game and the best RPG on the SNES and stuff and now that play it... it's good. Like a fun RPG and it's super sound structurally. Not the best one of all time, not the best on the SNES (granted I'm playing the remake), not the best Mario RPG ever made. And in a way that's a dissapointment but at the same time a good game is a good game, so I can say try if you want a solid intro to RPGs.

Nintendotubers will still have to answer to God one day, and He won't be so merciful

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Speaking if DQ, it's kinda annoying how Square never re-releases the definitive versions of the old DQ games. The re-released versions of DQ 1-3 are based off the garbage mobile port, Dragon Quest 5 is split in two (PS2 and DS) and also stuck in mobile hell, 4 and 6 are stuck in Mobile Hell, 7 is stuck in 3DS hell, 8 is stuck in 3DS hell (and for some reason the orchestra soundtrack has been banished to the shadow realm), 9 is stuck in DS hell, 10 is in I can't read Japanese hell.

11S is god tier tho.

Shroob

Sup?
Speaking if DQ, it's kinda annoying how Square never re-releases the definitive versions of the old DQ games. The re-released versions of DQ 1-3 are based off the garbage mobile port, Dragon Quest 5 is split in two (PS2 and DS) and also stuck in mobile hell, 4 and 6 are stuck in Mobile Hell, 7 is stuck in 3DS hell, 8 is stuck in 3DS hell (and for some reason the orchestra soundtrack has been banished to the shadow realm), 9 is stuck in DS hell, 10 is in I can't read Japanese hell.

11S is god tier tho.
Said reason is racism, Mighty. Sugita was a piece of ****.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

A big part of its popularity and legacy was that 3 team combat system. But also it’s a game that fundamentally changed the Mario series forever. Gave us a game where Mario would get signature moves for later games, a game where peach was playable and not a damsel, a game where bowser and Mario work together. A peak dynamic that would always work when used in future games. It also gave us two unique mage esque characters with designs and abilities never seen in Mario before. On top of being the framework for the paper Mario series and its lore. Mario rpg was simple for the time, but its contributions were massive in the long run.

It’s why a sequel has so much more potential. Keep the unique world and character designs, expand the size and scope, mix partners up and it could truly stand on its own as a separate rpg franchise. Being the thing that helped the Mario brand break into new avenues is why it was so beloved imo. The villains are all pretty memorable too and one of the first times we’ve seen a consistent theme in the antagonists. Giving the series a breath of fresh air it really benefited from at the time.

as for the spoiler part, see below…

Manufactured hype tbh. I'm gonna get crucified to hell but no one gave a **** about Geno before the Smash fanbase of him.
It comes down to new grounds/rawest forest and the desire for unique Mario characters. Geno is a being that essentially had no real physics as he could transform into all kinds of things. He also was the basis for the 7 stars/star spirit lore that would become a staple going forward. There’s a lot that was built off of that and still could. Like tying him into Rosalina’s lore for example.

That unique design and moveset for a Mario character was just really appealing and helped a lot of people take note of the original game starting with brawl. With the appreciation for what it offered and led to, giving way to a bigger fan base that wanted the history of the rpgs represented in a way connected to their roots and in some cases through paper Mario as a separate character as well. A lot of people that want Geno, usually want both so we can truly represent that history for the Mario franchise in smash, with some of the more fun and unique character options it offers

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Top Bottom