• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Dude I heard they're bringing Pokemon Trainer back.

I can't wait. He used to be my main in Brawl. I wonder how they'll incorporate Rock Smash into the old moveset!
Charizard? What? Charizard isn't in Smash...And 'Brawl'? What the heck is a 'Brawl'?

Come on man, stop talkin' nonsense and come play some Melee! No way you winning against my :ganondorfmelee:.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Charizard? What? Charizard isn't in Smash...And 'Brawl'? What the heck is a 'Brawl'?

Come on man, stop talkin' nonsense and come play some Melee! No way you winning against my :ganondorfmelee:.
Not to brag but I play:mewtwomelee:, he's the hardest chatacer to unlock after Sonic and Tails so he's super strong and you may as well just forfeit now.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I’d love to make a show one day that’s like walking with dinosaurs but about speculative evolution. Just like, gather together a bunch of paleontologists and work together with them on a single prompt. What would evolution have turned out if that asteroid had never smacked into the earth and wiped out the dinosaurs. Really try to come up with a good answer to that based on real science and evolution and create just a what if timeline for the earth. Then do a hybrid cgi/puppets/live action nature documentary about our hypothetical world.
I notably want a documentary based on Cryptozoologicon.

A hypothetical world where cryptids and mythical creatures exist as real animals.

Bunyip: A semi-aquatic marsupial distantly related to quolls.
Chupacabra: A species of blood-sucking possum.
Dingonek: A species of saber-toothed cat that evolved to become fully aquatic whose body convergently evolved similar to that of a walrus (I found this kind of unrealistic as cool as that maybe. More realistically I'd imagine the dingonek being a large species of tusked otter).
Goatman: A species of large new world monkey that evolved gracile legs designed for sprinting.
Kelpie: The largest species of chevrotain (About the size of a shetland pony) that happens to be semi-aquatic.
Mbielu-Mbielu-Mbielu: A species of large lungfish that evolved "plates".

Notable examples from that book.

Also have you ever heard of The New Dinosaurs by Dougal Dixon? It basically explores that concept that you're talking about.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I notably want a documentary based on Cryptozoologicon.

A hypothetical world where cryptids and mythical creatures exist as real animals.

Bunyip: A semi-aquatic marsupial distantly related to quolls.
Chupacabra: A species of blood-sucking possum.
Dingonek: A species of saber-toothed cat that evolved to become fully aquatic whose body convergently evolved similar to that of a walrus (I found this kind of unrealistic as cool as that maybe. More realistically I'd imagine the dingonek being a large species of tusked otter).
Goatman: A species of large new world monkey that evolved gracile legs designed for sprinting.
Kelpie: The largest species of chevrotain (About the size of a shetland pony) that happens to be semi-aquatic.
Mbielu-Mbielu-Mbielu: A species of large lungfish that evolved "plates".

Notable examples from that book.

Also have you ever heard of The New Dinosaurs by Dougal Dixon? It basically explores that concept that you're talking about.
i haven't heard of it but this looks like it's just one guy. Not really what I'd be after. I'd want a huge scientific collaboration.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
WB Discovery is the trainwreck that keeps on giving
The list of bad news just keeps on piling on with what has been going on at WB Discovery.

The only film that I am still eager to watch from WB Discovery is Shazam: Fury of the Gods.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
But the Mega Latis don't share the same stats?
Huh, I never knew that. I just looked at them and it’s weird how their many differences are tiny changes to stats neither of them will ever benefit from. Very weird design choice there.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Huh, I never knew that. I just looked at them and it’s weird how their many differences are tiny changes to stats neither of them will ever benefit from. Very weird design choice there.
To be fair the only useless buff was to their physical attack, everything else is helpful for them. I dunno why they didn't buff their speed, but it certainly helps their specific playstyles.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
WB Discovery is the trainwreck that keeps on giving
To be fair this has nothing to do with discovery. Her and Olivia Wilde have reportedly had beef way before the merger was overseeing this project.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I said this before but battle network has some of the most underrated Wily castle themes in all of Megaman

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
And don't get me started with the Beast of Gevaudan in Cryptozoologicon.

Pretty much the largest species of mustelid (Family that consists of weasels, ferrets, badgers, wolverines, otters, martens, polecats and minks).

That's a big heaping pile of NOPE right there. You thought wolverines were ferocious? Otters were sadistic *******, weasels are natural born killers for their own size? Think again!

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Holy **** the next Death Battle is Black Adam vs. Apocalypse!

Not that I watch the show anymore but I just came across the news on the internet.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
My takes on what cryptids and mythical creatures would be if they existed as real animals.

Akhlut: Three hypothetical scenarios I could see the Akhlut being. A predatory pinniped that's basically the arctic's leopard seal, a subspecies of semi-aquatic grey wolf living off the coasts or my favorite, the sole surviving member of the ancient whales part of the ambulocetae family evolving a niche similar to that of crocodiles giving it the nickname "arctic crocodile".

Flatwoods monster: A member of the giant salamander family (Consisting of hellbenders, Japanese giant salamander and Chinese giant salamander). The night the eyewitnesses saw what was supposedly an alien creature was actually one of those salamanders leaning against a tree, it's slimy skin giving off a metallic appearance and alien-like appearance made them think they saw a creature from another planet when it was just another of earth's animals instead.

Loch Ness Monster: A species of large freshwater eel.

Trolls and Ogres: I imagine them being some kind of primate that adapted to the colder environment in the north. I came across one idea where trolls were notably descendants of macaques that migrated north and overtime evolved to become bigger to adapt the colder temperature.

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
But legit I wonder how Ubisoft is still alive, they have not made a good game in a long ass time and made an abundance of idiotic decisions but somehow they're coasting along?
I can argue the same for EA. The only games I play from their production is Command and Conquer.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The Marvel Games thing is this Friday. I'm guessing it'll mostly be info on stuff that was announced, like Midnight Suns or Wolverine. Or it could be a solely mobile games. Who knows for sure.

I did finish another drawing today. Got one more stocked up too.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
But legit I wonder how Ubisoft is still alive, they have not made a good game in a long ass time and made an abundance of idiotic decisions but somehow they're coasting along?
I'm only there for Assassin's Creed. That's it.

Oh and can they make a new ****ing UbiArt one please? Child of Light 2 I want.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm starting Xenoblade Chronicles 3, and it already feels like I'm going to need to beat Xenoblade 2 in order to follow what's going on. (I'm not sure, but it seems like the worlds of Xenoblade 1 and 2 are forcefully being merged, with Noah and company coming from the world of Xenoblade 1 - either that or it's a coincidence that Noah's hometown looks like the High Entia city)

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I think there's been articles going around that they're trying to find someone to snatch them up behind the scenes. The Assassin's Creed money is finally starting to run out.

Mellowy Yellow

Smash Lord
Of all the movie reviews ive seen, this one is definitely one of them

Top Bottom