• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
You think that, in the wonderful 1 in a million scenario that they brought back Mega Evolution, do you think Regional Variants should get distinct Megas or should it just be like basically the normal mega with slight alterations.
If I'm not mistaken, Slowbro is the only Pokemon to have both a mega and a regional (Kleavor doesn't really count because there are already examples of unfair split evos, we have Mega Glalie but no Froslass). It wouldn't really be a major investment to give it a unique mega, so they might as well.

it's looking like Tyranitar, Salamence, and Gardevoir/Gallade are about to get something so it might soon become a bigger time sink, but we'll see.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
If I'm not mistaken, Slowbro is the only Pokemon to have both a mega and a regional (Kleavor doesn't really count because there are already examples of unfair split evos, we have Mega Glalie but no Froslass). It wouldn't really be a major investment to give it a unique mega, so they might as well.

it's looking like Tyranitar, Salamence, and Gardevoir/Gallade are about to get something so it might soon become a bigger time sink, but we'll see.
I would also be hoping to get more megas in this scenario but yeah, fair point.
i'll check it out

Noipoi

Howdy!

Correct me if any new info has come up, I stopped looking at leaks once I knew about Fuecoco's evo.

But I thought only Gallade was getting a paradox? Is Gardevoir getting one too?

Because that'd be dope :denzel:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Correct me if any new info has come up, I stopped looking at leaks once I knew about Fuecoco's evo.

ok, since i'm not in the know what are Paradoxes and how are they different from regional variants?

Noipoi

Howdy!
ok, since i'm not in the know what are Paradoxes and how are they different from regional variants?
From what I understand, paradoxes aren't new forms. They're entirely different Pokémon that are related to existing Pokémon. From either the past or the future.

The perfect example is Cyclizar. Koraidon is its prehistoric ancestor, while Miraidon is its futuristic descendant. The same applies to the other Pokémon rumored, like Salamence having an ancestor or Tyranitar having a descendant.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
From what I understand, paradoxes aren't new forms. They're entirely different Pokémon that are related to existing Pokémon. From either the past or the future.

The perfect example is Cyclizar. Koraidon is its prehistoric ancestor, while Miraidon is its futuristic descendant. The same applies to the other Pokémon rumored, like Salamence having an ancestor or Tyranitar having a descendant.
Oh. Interesting. So they aren't evolutions or forms. That's an interesting gimmick for this game's theme.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Prompt time. Make a pokemon inspired by your favorite game series.
But

Pokemon is my favorite game series??

**** it I'll do Splatoon

INKID

Despite its appearance, its a pure poison type that can't even survive contact with water. Attacks using a highly pressurized ink-sac, which fires at a rate that rivals a machine gun. Marks territory with brightly colored ink, and is known to be very aggressive towards fellow Inkid with differently colored ink.

INKOMMANDO

With a new, bipedal body, its territorial clashes have become much more dynamic. The ink-sac has detached from its body, and can be wielded like a firearm. They form tight cliques with those who share their colors, and hold intense hostility against those who don't. Can revert to a form similar to its previous evolutionary stage, for swifter travel.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
There was a problem fetching the tweet
if only wrestling was safe

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
But

Pokemon is my favorite game series??

**** it I'll do Splatoon

INKID

Despite its appearance, its a pure poison type that can't even survive contact with water. Attacks using a highly pressurized ink-sac, which fires at a rate that rivals a machine gun. Marks territory with brightly colored ink, and is known to be very aggressive towards fellow Inkid with differently colored ink.

INKOMMANDO

With a new, bipedal body, its territorial clashes have become much more dynamic. The ink-sac has detached from its body, and can be wielded like a firearm. They form tight cliques with those who share their colors, and hold intense hostility against those who don't. Can revert to a form similar to its previous evolutionary stage, for swifter travel.
I really wish there was a third form to do just for the name Inkommander.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
All Castlevania really needed was to use way more tracks from the games. No reason not to use Vampire Killer, Beginning or one of Death's themes.
Really hope we get Divine Bloodlines for the next one, that's absolutely required for Richter.
Yeah I definitely agree but the use of Bloody Tears in season 2 was incredible. That scene man.

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
I decided to boot up Legends Arceus and visited the fields where I remembered my Rhyhorn, Mantyke, and Geodude have been doing nothing but manual labor for the past 7-8 months. Thus I decided to nickname them for their hard work.

They will never see the light of day for another year now.

KillerCage

Smash Master

Noipoi

Howdy!
I decided to boot up Legends Arceus and visited the fields where I remembered my Rhyhorn, Mantyke, and Geodude have been doing nothing but manual labor for the past 7-8 months. Thus I decided to nickname them for their hard work.

They will never see the light of day for another year now.
Take each of them into a fight against Arceus.

Depending on what mons are available, whoever does the best gets transferred into gen 9.

One goes to Spain, the other two toil for eternity.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Take each of them into a fight against Arceus.

Depending on what mons are available, whoever does the best gets transferred into gen 9.

One goes to Spain, the other two toil for eternity.
This is an 11/10 idea and I am definitely doing this now.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

The earlier leaks were slightly mistaken. it's not a Gallade variant, it's either a Kirkia or a hybrid between Gardevoir and Gallade. We know it's a Fairy/Fighting type and it might also have an archery motif.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The earlier leaks were slightly mistaken. it's not a Gallade variant, it's either a Kirkia or a hybrid between Gardevoir and Gallade. We know it's a Fairy/Fighting type and it might also have an archery motif.
i hope it's something closer to the former or just Gardevoir because girls rule boys drool.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Oh. Interesting. So they aren't evolutions or forms. That's an interesting gimmick for this game's theme.
If you're curious, here's what Pokemon are getting them.

Past Variants:
Donphan (Ground/Fighting)
Volcarona (Bug/???)
Jigglypuff (Fairy/???)
Amoongus (Grass/???)
Magneton (???)
Misdreavus (Ghost/Fairy)
Salamence (Dragon/Dark)

Future Variants:
Donphan (Ground/Electric)
Volcarona (Fire/Poison)
Delibird (Ice/Fairy)
Kirlia (Fairy/Fighting)
Hariyama (Fighting/???)
Zweilous (Dark/Flying)
Tyranitar (Dark/???)

Koraidon and Miraidon are like Cosmog and Necrozma, they are Paradoxes but not officially. The DLC is also rumored to have Virizion and Suicune but I find that unlikely because it's really arbitrary.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Past Variants:
Volcarona (Bug/???)
Jigglypuff (Fairy/???)
Amoongus (Grass/???)
Magneton (???)
Misdreavus (Ghost/Fairy)
Salamence (Dragon/Dark)

Future Variants:
Volcarona (Fire/Poison)
Delibird (Ice/Fairy)
Kirlia (Fairy/Fighting)
Hariyama (Fighting/???)
Zweilous (Dark/Flying)
Tyranitar (Dark/???)

Koraidon and Miraidon are like Cosmog and Necrozma, they are Paradoxes but not officially. The DLC is also rumored to have Virizion and Suicune but I find that unlikely because it's really arbitrary.
This is actually really cool. It's like Ultra Beasts mixed with regional variants. Depending on how things go, a lot of the past form ones might end up in my Hypothetical Legends game about dinosaurs/extinct pokemon.

Just the ones you listed or their prevos/evos too?

Surprised Pikachu isn't a part of this. Feels like an easy way to get in marketing/pikachu clones

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!

Past Variants:
Volcarona (Bug/???)
Jigglypuff (Fairy/???)
Amoongus (Grass/???)
Magneton (???)
Misdreavus (Ghost/Fairy)
Salamence (Dragon/Dark)

Future Variants:
Volcarona (Fire/Poison)
Delibird (Ice/Fairy)
Kirlia (Fairy/Fighting)
Hariyama (Fighting/???)
Zweilous (Dark/Flying)
Tyranitar (Dark/???)

Dang, some of my favorites are Violet exclusive.

But it seems every one else is getting Violet, so you ******** better be ready to trade
:4pacman:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
This is actually really cool. It's like Ultra Beasts mixed with regional variants. Depending on how things go, a lot of the past form ones might end up in my Hypothetical Legends game about dinosaurs/extinct pokemon.

Just the ones you listed or their prevos/evos too?

Surprised Pikachu isn't a part of this. Feels like an easy way to get in marketing/pikachu clones
all the Paradox Pokemon are single stage, it's just them. As for why they didn't do Pikachu... I don't really know? They probably didn't feel like it.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
all the Paradox Pokemon are single stage, it's just them. As for why they didn't do Pikachu... I don't really know? They probably didn't feel like it.
Interesting. Feels like it was right there. Ah well.

Also interesting if they're ancestors or decendents of modern pokemon but they don't have evos or prevos. i wonder how that works.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So I was planning on peepong Made in Abyss sometime soon only to find out that there's loli/shota **** that gets worse as the series goes on and now I don't feel like peeping it anymore.

Might take a break from Anime until Mob Psycho returns, my goat would never.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Just found out you can't put your Party Pokemon into Home. Only Boxed mon. Fair but now I have to redownload all my games and box all my mon and it's a huge thing.

Top Bottom