• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The finale of Demon Slayer was crazy. The animation was really well done.

Those movies are going to go hard and should be a strong conclusion to the series.

Shroob

Sup?
So like, what's y'all's stance on this?

Throwing back a couple weeks ago when I mentioned an artist I like said some bad ****.

Do you nuke all their songs off your playlist, or keep 'em?

I hate having to give up a lot of the music they made but also

Bro c'mon why would you say that ****.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Throwing back a couple weeks ago when I mentioned an artist I like said some bad ****.

Yar Har Fiddle Dee Dee

Noipoi

Howdy!

I think it mostly depends on how much you're willing to separate art from the artist.

I know I have a few (just a few) creators who I won't support financially, but every so often I might throw on some of their stuff. Even if they're scummy, the art they put out belongs to the world now, and it still brings me joy.

Of course there are other creators who I can't stand to engage with anymore, so it's really up to you and your personal standards.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Nah I mean, what if I already have 'em.

I feel like I'm morally obliged to delete them ya know?
I mean if you want to, it's just me personally I would sail the seas.

but them again i do that with everything cause I'm not giving Spotify my money because I'm broke. I'm not gonna do the morally correct schtick cause it's not about morals, I'm broke and lazy and Spotify is hiking the prices again.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

I has a fan of Takahiro Sakurai until it came out he did all thatvcheating

I still like the characters he voices, just not the VA as much. I guess that answers that

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero

This is going to be a very case by case basis. I have the Smiths on my rotation despite Morrissey being a big POS. My ability to control my money going to morally repugnant artists is fairly limited as the music industry (and really every entertainment industry) rewards and empowers these kinds of people. I don't really moralize about most of my consumption choices. Like, I think JKR sucks because she's a transphobe who uses her platform and wealth to spread hate and misinformation. But I also have always disliked Harry Potter so that's a very easy choice.

Ultimately, whatever helps you sleep at night is what you should do, is how I see it.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
What song should I use as the theme for my PS1 PS All-Stars game? The PS3 game used a licensed song as its theme so I’m thinking I do the same for this concept but like… I don’t know late 90s/early 2000s pop/rock songs well enough to pick one.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Nah I mean, what if I already have 'em.

I feel like I'm morally obliged to delete them ya know?
What difference does it make? You already made that transaction, you're not gonna get your money back and they won't be affected. Nothing will also happen if you choose to keep the songs either. If you do genuinely like the songs you can keep them, perhaps feel a bit melancholic about the feelings of what you now know, knowing these to be the last songs of them you'll ever spend money on. Of you genuinely feel umcomfortable, then you can delete them. No wrong answers

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
so I decided to finally try to learn a fighting game beyond the surface level, and I figured what the hell go big or go home I’ll learn the newest tekken a game series I never really tried before.

well I can safely say after a day of practicing **** my hand is broken

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The full learning with Pibby pilot animatic has leaked online after reports of Warner bros somehow seeing easy money and going “why should we do that?”

It sets up some interesting ideas for the full show. Also unlike the finalized teaser/short we got, the darkness is depicted very differently. Something that clearly changed in development. Makes me wonder what the original story for it was though.

StormC

Smash Hero
so I decided to finally try to learn a fighting game beyond the surface level, and I figured what the hell go big or go home I’ll learn the newest tekken a game series I never really tried before.

Tekken is a hard fighting game to learn even by the standards of the genre tbf

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
To kill time while I wait for Shantae Advance: Risky Revolution, I'll be reading a Shantae fan fiction comic. It went on hiatus since 2022 but currently over 300 pages long.

Jotadé

Smash Ace
GRZuw-paAAA3FIC-1152x1536.jpg

The Fantastic Four stuff confirmed for SDCC's Marvel Studios panel basically. Love the posters they are doing for the movie btw.

Also I went to check if I got accepted onto the media realization degree, and I wasn't, but I was instead approved for a media Illumination degree which works as well. Took the chance I was there to say hi to Roma (she's my studying place's guardian dog):
Screenshot_2024-07-01-10-57-38-34_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg

Don't be fooled by that stare, she's very friendly and loves to get close to people so she can get headpats and such.

Also my father made me pass by my local shopping center, and the Marvel Expo was still there, but they added real authentic signatures of various actors the owners of the expo got to meet back then. The ones which inspired me the most to see were Chadwick Boseman's (may he rest in peace):
Screenshot_2024-07-01-12-04-52-69_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg

IMG_20240701_120610.jpg

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

It took me a solid three months of playing almost daily to get a basic understanding of Tekken 8.

It’s fun tho. I play Raven. :174:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Why can’t the mcu just be like the comics? A bunch of stories set in the same universe and the characters sometimes meet up, instead of a bunch of stories set up in a domino chain that requires careful planning or else you might place the lore critical rock on the wrong sidewalk.

Top Bottom