• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Jotadé

Smash Ace
Why can’t the mcu just be like the comics? A bunch of stories set in the same universe and the characters sometimes meet up, instead of a bunch of stories set up in a domino chain that requires careful planning or else you might place the lore critical rock on the wrong sidewalk.
They've tried doing that before with Moon Knight, Werewolf By Night and Eternals.

I personally really liked those three, although for general audiences they weren't extremely popular.

With Fantastic Four Feige confirmed It takes place in an alternate reality 60s Jetsons-style world. That would actually be awesome because that way you can focus on making a genuiely great Fantastic Four movie without having to shove in references and connections to every past movie.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
They've tried doing that before with Moon Knight, Werewolf By Night and Eternals.

I personally really liked those three, although for general audiences they weren't extremely popular.

With Fantastic Four Feige confirmed It takes place in an alternate reality 60s Jetsons-style world. That would actually be awesome because that way you can focus on making a genuiely great Fantastic Four movie without having to shove in references and connections to every past movie.
I thought people generally liked the first two, Werewolf By Night especially for being so different

Noipoi

Howdy!
Why can’t the mcu just be like the comics? A bunch of stories set in the same universe and the characters sometimes meet up, instead of a bunch of stories set up in a domino chain that requires careful planning or else you might place the lore critical rock on the wrong sidewalk.
That’s what people liked about it at first. It was new and exciting and it never would’ve gotten as big if it was just like the comics.

Of course now I just think the MCU’s annoying, but back in the day? They made the right move.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
Listen up! I, the Athena P Insider, bring news.
1719856012226.png

Athena is taking a vacation for the first week of July for some respite (probably because Tangled the Series melted her brain /lh). Then these will be the videos uploaded through the month.

I'm pumped to see what she thinks of Tony Jay Spider.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Its happening! My dad is eating more fruit and less cookies, cakes and candy!
Ban_07.gif

So we're all in agreeance that if Mario and Luigi don't go "Let's A Go!" "Okie Dokie!" in the new game, we're storming the Nintendo HQs, right?
Ill storm them after Im done playing the game

Spoiler: I will probably forget to storm them because Ill be too busy playing the game

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I don't believe that we'll get a regular Nintendo Direct later this year. We know all of Nintendo's plans for the rest of the year plus January. A Partner Showcase or Indie World I wouldn't rule out though.

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
Tekken is a hard fighting game to learn even by the standards of the genre tbf
Honestly probably why it spoke to me on some level
I can be a stubborn masochist when it comes to challenges
I do really hope I keep up with it just seems so rewarding if I can get resonably ok at it yknow?
It took me a solid three months of playing almost daily to get a basic understanding of Tekken 8.

It’s fun tho. I play Raven. :174:
Yeah I’ve been trying to look up fundamental stuff, and it’s crazy how so many of the oh and then there’s this small thing to learn about breaking grabs is something that’s trying to melt my brain

I think I’ve decided on shaheen
He’s been the most fun and fluid feeling to me so far
Although his combo ender is a ***** to learn

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I mean, wouldn't we get like, a Switch 2 presentation like what the Switch had?
True.

Also, Nintendo is doing a Play Nintendo Tour across America showing off lots of Switch stuff so I don't expect Switch 2 news until that is at least done and over with (last one ends in September).

Last edited:

Jotadé

Smash Ace
Was finally able to sell my PS4+some games.

The store retailers told me I had It in almost perfect conditions, which is cool. Hopefully whoever ends up buying It makes great use of it as much as I did.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
You know...Looking at the Death Angels from A Quiet Place. If they can't even handle the slightest of sound like stepping on glass. Imagine how insane they'd go at night when hearing crickets or cicada mating season. Lol. :joyful:

Also what happens if you fart?

Noipoi

Howdy!
Just saw on Discord that Ken Penders finally published his book about the echidna.
View attachment 391785
Honestly I think some of the hate for the guy gets really overblown.

Did he write some really weird **** for the Sonic comics? Absolutely, and it was hilarious. Is he kind of an asshole on Twitter? Totally. Is his artstyle weird and uncomfortable? Undoubtably. Did his legal shenanigans bring an end to one of the longest running comic continuities of all time? Eeyup.

But way too many people act like he’s the Sonic Devil, when he’s really just a weird dude who’s kind of entitled and out wacky **** in a video game comic. No need to blow it out of proportion.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Honestly I think some of the hate for the guy gets really overblown.

Did he write some really weird **** for the Sonic comics? Absolutely, and it was hilarious. Is he kind of an asshole on Twitter? Totally. Is his artstyle weird and uncomfortable? Undoubtably. Did his legal shenanigans bring an end to one of the longest running comic continuities of all time? Eeyup.

But way too many people act like he’s the Sonic Devil, when he’s really just a weird dude who’s kind of entitled and out wacky **** in a video game comic. No need to blow it out of proportion.
Ok but he won the lawsuit about owning the Echidna characters and is now reprinting every issue of Archie Sonic so people can catch up on seeing naked Echidna boobies in the new book

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
For fans of Emerald Rogue, it’s getting a substantial update that should excite people who do multiple runs:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I just remembered: a friend of mine, 20, is getting married. He's so young! It's crazy, man... what a world we live in.
I graduated from high school last year and one of my classmates is already married. He's not even the type of the guy I would expect to be married this early. It's nuts.

Meanwhile I've never been in a relationship lol. I'm just a little jealous.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I just remembered: a friend of mine, 20, is getting married. He's so young! It's crazy, man... what a world we live in.
I graduated from high school last year and one of my classmates is already married. He's not even the type of the guy I would expect to be married this early. It's nuts.

Meanwhile I've never been in a relationship lol. I'm just a little jealous.
It doesn't get better, y'all will be feeling old soon.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Yeah I’ve been trying to look up fundamental stuff, and it’s crazy how so many of the oh and then there’s this small thing to learn about breaking grabs is something that’s trying to melt my brain

I think I’ve decided on shaheen
He’s been the most fun and fluid feeling to me so far
Although his combo ender is a ***** to learn
I’ve tried and done Shaheen, those stealth step combos are too technical for my thumbs to handle. That’s ironic considering I play Raven, but he feels like a different character in my hands. I love watching content creators that use Raven, too.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Yeah I'll be real 20 is pretty ****ing early when it comes to marriage, that's barely any time to experience adulthood, it's not like a moral failing or anything imo but marriage is a massive commitment, it can make you happy but rushing it can make it so, so unbearably terrible. Life isn't a Disney movie

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
I’ve tried and done Shaheen, those stealth step combos are too technical for my thumbs to handle. That’s ironic considering I play Raven, but he feels like a different character in my hands. I love watching content creators that use Raven, too.

Raven was on my short list of possible mains
His clone **** is dope
So far I’ve liked watching brawlpros clips I haven’t dove far in the weeds on entertainment tekken guys though I’ve been focusing on tutorials and fundamentals at the moment

I feel you on the stealth step I spent the latter half of yesterday working on executing one combo because sneak into zoop was giving me so much trouble

shaheen has been good to learn the difference between down forward,down, and forward though, even if it came from agonizing pain

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
My grandparents had my aunt when they were 19 and were basically forced to get married after that.

Meanwhile I'm 23 and have never been close to being in a relationship

Jotadé

Smash Ace
Yeah I'll be real 20 is pretty ****ing early when it comes to marriage, that's barely any time to experience adulthood, it's not like a moral failing or anything imo but marriage is a massive commitment, it can make you happy but rushing it can make it so, so unbearably terrible. Life isn't a Disney movie
Good lord, I don't wanna imagine 2020/2019 me getting married and having kids.

That would be a mess.

The Black Omen

Smash Rookie
I'm gonna be honest, I can't imagine this guy procreating with someone, especially not the person he's getting married to. I don't think there was an unplanned pregnancy, and I don't think they'd be keeping the baby if there was.

But I couldn't imagine him getting married either, so who knows.

Last edited:
Top Bottom