• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Shroob

Sup?
I’m in a similar boat. People I grew up with started getting married and having kids a few years ago, while the most I can say is that I’ve held hands with a girl once.

Now a lot of those relationships have started falling apart. Not to make light of people’s issues, but all of a sudden I wasn’t feeling so jealous.
Noi be like:

Jokingly, of course

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Raven was on my short list of possible mains
His clone **** is dope
It never gets old. Everything about him is great.

So far I’ve liked watching brawlpros clips I haven’t dove far in the weeds on entertainment tekken guys though I’ve been focusing on tutorials and fundamentals at the moment
I feel you. The only thing YouTube sends me are competitive or ranked replay comps so it can be hard for me to weed out good content creators.

Tekken YT reminds me of Smash’s, you can find almost anything from casual to professional. My personal favorite is KingJae’s character guides where he’s learning with the viewer as he collaborates with professionals who play whoever character is being represented. His Shaheen videos got me to try him.

I feel you on the stealth step I spent the latter half of yesterday working on executing one combo because sneak into zoop was giving me so much trouble

shaheen has been good to learn the difference between down forward,down, and forward though, even if it came from agonizing pain
I can do the combos where the stance transition is only forward (Victor, Law) or down (Raven, Jack), but the down-forward ones drive me nuts. It’s a miracle I can even perform Raven’s wavedash, I still have a lot to learn.

Jotadé

Smash Ace
The Dead Rising Remake looks freaking awesome. May pick up the digital deluxe edition if It isn't too expensive.

On one hand It is kinda sad that the original voice actor doesn't seem to be returning to voice Frank West... BUT ON THE OTHER HAND WE ARE GETTING A SPANISH DUB FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER I THINK. LET'S ****ING GOOOOOOOOOOO! NOW FRANK WILL BE ABLE TO TELL US HE HAS COVERED WARS IN SPANISH!!!

Edit: here are the available language options, editions and preorder bonuses:
Screenshot_2024-07-01-23-22-52-46_f9ee0578fe1cc94de7482bd41accb329.jpg

Screenshot_2024-07-01-23-23-49-00_f9ee0578fe1cc94de7482bd41accb329.jpg

IMG_20240701_232408.jpg
IMG_20240701_232420.jpg

Last edited:

Jotadé

Smash Ace
Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
What are the odds? For the past couple of weeks, I was considering dropping support for someone on Patreon since they hadn't posted anything since last December but just now they posted something.

They got really lucky.

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
YA'LL! HOLY ****!
HOLY *ING *!

THE SPAIN WEBSITE OF THE DEAD RISING REMAKE HAS THE NAMES FOR EACH COSTUME OF THE DELUXE EDITION
View attachment 391794
WE ARE GETTING MEGAMAN.EXE AND LAN HIKARI COSTUMES WITH MUSIC FROM MEGAMAN BATTLE NETWORK.
View attachment 391795
AND THE DIGITAL DELUXE EDITION IS 60 BUCKS INSTEAD OF 80 BUCKS
View attachment 391796
Holy crap they have a Blodia costume from Cyberbots too, let's ****ing go

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
I feel you. The only thing YouTube sends me are competitive or ranked replay comps so it can be hard for me to weed out good content creators.

Tekken YT reminds me of Smash’s, you can find almost anything from casual to professional. My personal favorite is KingJae’s character guides where he’s learning with the viewer as he collaborates with professionals who play whoever character is being represented. His Shaheen videos got me to try him.
I will check that out appreciated I’ve been going off of Ghirlandas video and some other shaheen stuff
I can do the combos where the stance transition is only forward (Victor, Law) or down (Raven, Jack), but the down-forward ones drive me nuts. It’s a miracle I can even perform Raven’s wavedash, I still have a lot to learn.
Yeah learning that’s how shaheen operates most of the time was definitely a daunting prospect.
But I figure if I can learn to do that kind of stuff I’ll get better at the game in the long term

that and I immideatley was drawn to his design and how his moves look, and stubbornness definitely stubbornness

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I’m in a similar boat. People I grew up with started getting married and having kids a few years ago, while the most I can say is that I’ve held hands with a girl once.

Now a lot of those relationships have started falling apart. Not to make light of people’s issues, but all of a sudden I wasn’t feeling so jealous.
I have a girlfriend… but she lives many states away in Texas. I wish I could hold her.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm not out as aromantic to my parents but I think deep down they already know because they stopped pressuring me to get a girlfriend sometime when I was in high school. I don't think it's something they're happy about though.

If I was interested in romance though I know I'd still disappoint them because they're extremely judgy and my type would be someone who's autistic as frick. They're fine with me being autistic because they think it makes me super independent and smart (bleh) but there's no way they wouldn't talk about anyone I would hypothetically date behind my back. I mean I've seen the way they talked about all of my sister's relationships.

And heck maybe one day I'll nonromantically pair with someone in the a-aspec community but I'll need to learn to develop and maintain basic friendships before I ever really consider that.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
By the way, what do you guys know about the Ys franchise?

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
If I ever make a show, I'd put in a self-insert who is just the biggest loser in the show, but then in behind-the-scenes, interviews, tweets and such I'd play him up as this uberchad Gary Stu who everyone loves and humble-brag about getting to voice him :yoshi:

Top Bottom