• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I've played every game of the series that's available on Steam, so counting remakes, that's 10 games. Ask away, they're quite fun, while also generally being short and sweet
I was going to play Ys 1 soon. Any words of advice?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I was going to play Ys 1 soon. Any words of advice?
Ooh, I love that one, you doing the Chronicles version? I think it's generally a good idea to save often, I believe you can save whenever you want outside boss fights. If you feel like enemies or bosses are too strong, try beating something a bit weaker, level ups make a massive difference. Combat is the Buml system where you damage enemies by walking into them from the side or the back, but if you can walk into them diagonally, they're pretty much helpless. Adol will heal automatically by standing still outdoors or if he has a certain ring equipped, these actually stack so the healing effect is much faster that way. Try exploring, you can find extra goodies like better armour and the final area especially has you want to explore to stand a chance. Other than that... Have fun!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Sean Chiplock caught being a creep towards minors…and is not admitting to it

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Is it some kind of reoccurring joke to remake logos to look ****tier? This happens way too often I noticed.
Screenshot_20240702-083124.png

Pepsi was making their logo ****tier in 2008, before this was common, and now their new logo is...actually decent. Maybe there's hope. Maybe.

(and yes, I know that page says 2014, but trust me, that logo debuted in 2008)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
It had happened a few days ago but felt I needed time to cope and grief but a friend of mine I known for 12 years apparently passed away. First my cousin getting leukemia (Who I hope gets through it), now this.

It just came out of the blue, one of my other friends called me Saturday night letting me know what had happened. He was carefree and always smiled looking at the best and positives in life and he would not want me to mope around doing nothing and so in his honor I shall continue to live life just for him.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Imagine if they added more pokemon to pokemon trainer to give him a full team of 6. Good idea or bad idea?
It's a bad idea for six whole characters to be only available through one fighter and players having to scroll through all of them to get the ones they want, yeah.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
The thing with PT now is that all of them have good synergy. You got the lightweight combo machine, the middleweight "swordfighter", and the heavyweight hard hitter. Idk where 3 other Pokemon would slot in, given that all the archetypes have been covered with those 3.

And also it's a Grass-Fire-Water starter trio idk sounds good to me.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I still think six in one is too much. That's going into the "do we really need to follow the source material that closely?" territory.
That’s fair. I think it would be cool. But I get it…

What if it was like Pokkén where he had special assist Pokémon that only do like one move. That becomes his down special, and switching becomes a block special like inkling recharging ink?

osby

Smash Obsessed
That’s fair. I think it would be cool. But I get it…

What if it was like Pokkén where he had special assist Pokémon that only do like one move. That becomes his down special, and switching becomes a block special like inkling recharging ink?
Character switching is plenty enough for Pokemon Trainer imo. Why not give that mechanic to another fighter?

I actually think an SMT character having a selection of summonable demons for one of their specials would be cool - just put them on rotation like Sora's spells.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
Cedar Fair and Six Flags have officially merged, and the new logo is cursed

Here are the old logos for reference

1719933537612.png

ohmygod.

This is HUGE. Though it's debatable on how good it might be for the well-being of the theme parks now under this banner. Plus monopolies ain't exactly needed in the American theme park industry...

But who knows, maybe some of the lesser 6F theme parks might become better with Cedar Fair guidance.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Apparently he's had a history of being a creep and also racist, idk how he's still getting work but it seems this one is the biggest allegation of them all.
mans must have some dirt that’s keeping him hired cause ain’t no way he can get away with this for any longer

Jotadé

Smash Ace
Unlocked Magneto in Fortnite and his classic style:
IMG_20240702_165635.jpg

Only missing his emote because It is behind the hardest Magneto mission (deal 2000 of damage to oponents from above the height of one floor)

Also, got a victory Royale with him and his mythic, that was awesome:
IMG_20240702_165651.jpg

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I copped the promotion and a bigger bag has been secured. Best part is almost nothing changes about my current job.

Now I can relate to big adults and brag about bonuses. :174:

View attachment 391830

The One Piece with no filler or pacing issues is real
I misread who was speaking and wondered how George Washington came back to life to be the president of an anime studio

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
It had happened a few days ago but felt I needed time to cope and grief but a friend of mine I known for 12 years apparently passed away. First my cousin getting leukemia (Who I hope gets through it), now this.

It just came out of the blue, one of my other friends called me Saturday night letting me know what had happened. He was carefree and always smiled looking at the best and positives in life and he would not want me to mope around doing nothing and so in his honor I shall continue to live life just for him.
Yo that sucks man. I’m sorry to hear that.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

My condolences, take it easy

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

KillerCage

Smash Master

I'm so sorry for your loss. Take as much time as you need to grieve.

Roguewolf

Smash Lord

I’m sorry

I lost a friend about a year ago now, remember sometimes it’s ok to not be ok and to process it however you can. There are no bad healing methods only the one that works for you.
I don’t know if that’s helpful for you, but it helped me a lot when I lost him.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
****, when and where was this announced? I looked it up and haven't found anything even referencing it on either news sites or any social media sites so far.
someone made an entire thread on Twitter about how one of his friends was harassed by him when he was 13. Sean has been hiding responses about it

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

As someone who lost one of my closest friends that I knew for years just last year, I think I get what you're going through.

Grieving as much as you need to is always important, but at the same time, like you said here, I'm confident that your friend wouldn't want you to remain disheartened and unmotivated because of his passing. Take all the time you need to grieve, but don't let that grief consume you or dictate your life, either.

I'm so sorry for your loss, Mike....

Jondolio

Smash Hero

I'm sorry man. Take as much time to grieve as you need, I can't imagine I would function if one of my friends died.

Jotadé

Smash Ace

My condolences Michael. Take as much time as needed to recover. Praying your cousin gets through the leukemia as well.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Top Bottom