• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Jondolio

Smash Hero
No we're not, dude started AI shilling to hell
I don't understand why you feel the need to dampen the mood with this every time this remake is brought up. Like yeah I get that it's a genuine concern but Wit Studio usually does consistently good work that doesn't use AI most of the time.

Even with that concern I'd prefer if you didn't bring it up every time, I'd rather wait and see

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I really hope Gandalf is still on the table for MVS. The longer we go without getting him the more I worry.

** Discovery Channel and ** Embracer Group.
You should probably check the Multiversus thread rn
More specifically:

This was added back in, and in the prior patch, they reinstated his character select screen slot and code name into the data. So he may still be coming to the game after all

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
In other news, Daisy is at Super Nintendo World now:

Also they made a real life F.L.U.D.D:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I don't understand why you feel the need to dampen the mood with this every time this remake is brought up. Like yeah I get that it's a genuine concern but Wit Studio usually does consistently good work that doesn't use AI most of the time.

Even with that concern I'd prefer if you didn't bring it up every time, I'd rather wait and see
Fair enough but when One Piece's vibrant world is a key selling point, it's natural to feel concerned there
You're a terrible brother for letting your sister be a Sonic fan
As the elder sister how is it when I'm the Sonic addict?
I'm currently fiending for news on Legends Z-A and my little sister is fiending for news on the third Sonic movie

So we've just got two crackheads in the house going insane rn
Well she has some news at least with some leaked Shadow toy for the movie. He looks exactly as we expect, but it's something

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
In other news, Daisy is at Super Nintendo World now:

Also they made a real life F.L.U.D.D:
And before anyone asks, the FLUDD does indeed shoot water

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You should probably check the Multiversus thread rn
I saw that
His texture is in the game files. Problem is so is Hulk and we know that Hulk was part of a rejected pitch for MVS to be a Disney platform fighter. And we know Gandalf was GOING to be in the beta before being scrapped after the Embracer Group buyout. Only to potentially be on the table again.

So IMO, it's weird for BOTH of them to be in there unless they're either both leftover data or both UPCOMING characters. And i really doubt/don't want Disney content in the game.

IMO it's just weird to me to have the texture for an upcoming character AND a scrapped character be accidentally added in the same update. I mean, it's not IMPOSSIBLE. And heck maybe they've repurposed the Hulk texture for something else. But IMO, it's not as likely.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Hulk was a placeholder name for one of MV's original characters.

Ha ha ha ha as if Disney is gonna let Warner Bros. use one of their characters.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
When I went to see Sonic 2 she wanted to come with because she was bored I guess, and for whatever reason it really resonated with her.

I’ll never forgive myself.
Now she's gonna get curious and start questioning her wholesome beliefs with depravity like Sonic 06, Shadow 05, Chronicles and the Werehog and it's all your fault. Kids should not be exposed to Sonic the Hedgehog.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'm probably gonna try Multiversus some time this month.

It seems like a very well made game overall with solid gameplay and a lot of important and fan favorite characters from a multitude of franchises, but also one that's held back by numerous P2W microtransactions and poorly made Battle Passes.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Fair enough but when One Piece's vibrant world is a key selling point, it's natural to feel concerned there
I'm not saying you're wrong for being concerned, just that I wish you didn't bring it up all the time. I do acknowledge that there's a possibility that AI will be used but I try to be as optimistic as possible

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I just wish Multiversus was a one time payment and you get all the characters like that.

That's the biggest issue holding the game back, and it's egregiously greedy.
The game would still sell remarkably well, and having a few non P2W content like skins and maybe a few extra stages at most unlockable through purchase would still get them plenty of cash.

But no, the game apparently has to have as many microtransactions and characters locked behind paywalls as possible without causing a massive level of player backlash.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
The game would still sell remarkably well, and having a few non P2W content like skins and maybe a few extra stages at most unlockable through purchase would still get them plenty of cash.

But no, the game apparently has to have as many microtransactions and characters locked behind paywalls as possible without causing a massive level of player backlash.
If there's anything Street Fighter taught me, it's that skins sell.

Like no joke just release Harley Quinn bikini skin number 5000 and people will eat that up. No need to paywall an entire roster when alternate costumes do the heavy lifting.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Figured I'd post this here
Base Game
  • Crash Bandicoot (Crash series)
  • Spyro the Dragon (Spyro series)
  • PaRappa the Rapper (PaRappa series)
  • Sweet Tooth (Twisted Metal series)
  • Sir Daniel Fortesque (MediEvil series)
  • Spike (Ape Escape series)
  • Toro Inoue (Doko Demo Issyo series)
  • Heihachi Mishima (Tekken series)
  • Solid Snake (Metal Gear series)
  • Abe (Oddworld series)
Unlockable Characters (Unlocked by completing increasing numbers of matches)
  • Dart Feld (The Legend of Dragoon)
  • Sofia de la Rente (WipeOut series)
  • Alucard (Castlevania: Symphony of the Night)
  • Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII)
  • Lara Croft (Tomb Raider series)
  • Maya Amano (Persona 2: Eternal Punishment)
Hidden “Just For Me” Characters
  • Maria Renard (Castlevania: Rondo of Blood)
    • Loose as Alucard to Sofia, Lara, and Maya on the “Clock Tower” stage.
    • Look I just think it would be fun to play as Maria Renard.
  • Jersey Devil (Jersey Devil)
    • Successfully parry a Nitro Crate as Heihachi Mishima.
    • I just like Jersey Devil
  • Rocket (Rocket: Robot on Wheels)
    • Have Crash and Spyro go into overtime on a 1v1.
    • Yes, this is an N64 game. HOWEVER, it was made by Sucker Punch. The Sly Cooper people. And it was the only game they made before they did Sly. So IMO Rocket completes the "Naughty Dog, Insomniac, Sucker Punch" trinity for the PS1 generation along with Crash and Spyro. Plus they retained the game's copyright and Sony owns them now so this is technically a Sony IP.
  • Atari Flashback (Atari)
    • Sit down in front of the TV in the “Toro’s House” stage for 3 seconds uninterrupted and then win the match.
    • Adventure, Asteroids, Breakout, Centipede, Crystal Castles, Major Havoc, Missile Command, Pong, Swordquest, Tempest, Yars’ Revenge sprites will all make up it's moveset, shifting between them like Game & Watch
    • I wanted a Game & Watch type character and I think Atari needs representation in a Platform Fighter
Stages (Any Stage belonging to an unlockable character will be unlocked with that fighter)
  • N. Sanity Beach (Crash series)
  • Summer Forest (Spyro series)
  • Chop Chop Dojo (PaRappa series)
  • Assault on Cyburbia (Twisted Metal series)
  • Graveyard (MediEvil series)
  • Time Station (Ape Escape series)
  • Toro’s House (Doku Demo Issyo series)
  • Hellena Prison (The Legend of Dragoon)
  • Gare d'Europa (WipeOut series)
  • Pagoda Temple (Tekken series)
  • Tank Hanger (Metal Gear series)
  • Clock Tower (Castlevania: Symphony of the Night)
  • Mako Reactor (Final Fantasy VII)
  • Lost Valley (Tomb Raider series)
  • Seven Sisters High School (Persona 2: Eternal Punishment)
  • RuptureFarms (Oddworld series)
  • Museum Madness (Jersey Devil)
  • Clowny Island (Rocket: Robot on Wheels)
  • Atari Flashback (Atari)
  • Rendezvous at the Mountain (Lemmings series)
  • Death Bowl (Destruction Derby series)
  • Avalanche (Cool Boarders series)
  • Intelligent Qube (I.Q.: Intelligent Qube)
  • National Greens (Everybody’s Golf series)
  • San Andreas (Grand Theft Auto series)
  • Polygon Arena (PlayStation All-Stars)
OST

Honestly for the gameplay it's just Nick Brawl 2 with a neutral strong attack. Only one super. Nick Brawl 2 is literally what I want a new PS All-Stars to be.

Last edited:

Jotadé

Smash Ace
I just wish Multiversus was a one time payment and you get all the characters like that.

That's the biggest issue holding the game back, and it's egregiously greedy.

Yeah, agreed.

Like, the main reason Fortnite works is not only because It interests various fandoms throught the skins, but also because the Gameplay is simple and accessible for all and most important: all the paid stuff is just visual cosmetics you can choose to ignore because the Gameplay is designed to be fair towards all players.

Multiversus however, makes you grind extremely badly for each character and who happen to have a completely different moveset from one another. Nothing's stopping the potential of a character turning out to be so broken and who happens to be paywalled messing everything up.

So yeah, there should be something similar to Brawhalla where you pay once to unlock all characters available and Who are to come. That way the game will be on equal terms for most players.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I saw that
His texture is in the game files. Problem is so is Hulk and we know that Hulk was part of a rejected pitch for MVS to be a Disney platform fighter. And we know Gandalf was GOING to be in the beta before being scrapped after the Embracer Group buyout. Only to potentially be on the table again.

So IMO, it's weird for BOTH of them to be in there unless they're either both leftover data or both UPCOMING characters. And i really doubt/don't want Disney content in the game.

IMO it's just weird to me to have the texture for an upcoming character AND a scrapped character be accidentally added in the same update. I mean, it's not IMPOSSIBLE. And heck maybe they've repurposed the Hulk texture for something else. But IMO, it's not as likely.
I think the hulk textures are there to be reused for something else.

Someone suggested LOTr orcs, but maybe they could do something else. Like the a super friends stage or whatever the super hero group was with dexters lab, where they had their own off brand hulk.

But also I wouldn’t rule out Marvel licensing hulk out. Disney loves collabs. They also just randomly put gladiator hulk in fortnite because they could. Rumors for Deadpool 3 also state a hulk vs Wolverine fight is coming.

If I’m Disney sitting on a big name character that I can only use in limited capacity Because of rights, then of course I’m going to license him out to make the money I can’t by doing solo projects.

That way if the collab fails, it’s not a big financial loss or risk, but if it succeeds, we get money back and it’s even better.

So I wouldn’t rule hulk out completely, but I do think he’s fair game to be repurposed to something else

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I think the hulk textures are there to be reused for something else.

Someone suggested LOTr orcs, but maybe they could do something else. Like the a super friends stage or whatever the super hero group was with dexters lab, where they had their own off brand hulk.

But also I wouldn’t rule out Marvel licensing hulk out. Disney loves collabs. They also just randomly put gladiator hulk in fortnite because they could. Rumors for Deadpool 3 also state a hulk vs Wolverine fight is coming.

If I’m Disney sitting on a big name character that I can only use in limited capacity Because of rights, then of course I’m going to license him out to make the money I can’t by doing solo projects.

That way if the collab fails, it’s not a big financial loss or risk, but if it succeeds, we get money back and it’s even better.

So I wouldn’t rule hulk out completely, but I do think he’s fair game to be repurposed to something else
Oh I don't doubt it COULD happen. I just really don't want it to. I don't want Disney in my WB game.
SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64
For the main theme for your PS1 All-Stars idea, i was thinking on "Right Here, Right Now" by Fatboy Slim.
I just feel that it fits.
I'll give it a listen and see.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Characters cost 1,000 Gleamium ($10 btw) or 3k Fighter’s currency per pop in Multiversus

Currently, the only bundle deal of characters is a Wonder Woman and Batman package for 450 Gleamium ($4.50).

If we did a bundle like this for every character pre-Joker, my math reads 5,175 Gleamium ($51.75). Let’s be uncharacteristically generous of WB Games and slash that to $49.99.

Would that be a good cost?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
the main theme should be “All Star” by Smash Mouth.

It’s got star in the name, it fits :nifty:
... I might make that the credits theme. But I need music I can set a montage of people fighting each other for the opening.
SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64
For the main theme for your PS1 All-Stars idea, i was thinking on "Right Here, Right Now" by Fatboy Slim.
I just feel that it fits.
I like it! It fits really well. I do wish it had a more intense/fast section but as it stands... pretty good.

Jotadé

Smash Ace
Characters cost 1,000 Gleamium ($10 btw) or 3k Fighter’s currency per pop in Multiversus

Currently, the only bundle deal of characters is a Wonder Woman and Batman package for 450 Gleamium ($4.50).

If we did a bundle like this for every character pre-Joker, my math reads 5,175 Gleamium ($51.75). Let’s be uncharacteristically generous of WB Games and slash that to $49.99.

Well, Smash Bros's Fighter Passes 1 and 2 together cost almost the same no? (Fighter Pass 1 was 25€ and FP2 30€ I think).

Yeah, I would be cool with that price.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Also, for the record, these are characters I would add if the game was like Smash 64 Remix and I got to add more content over time.
Season 1
  • Dr. Neo Cortex (Crash series)
  • Ripto (Spyro series)
  • Rudy Roughknight (Wild Arms series)
  • Q*Bert (Q*Bert series)
  • Rayman (Rayman series)
  • Gex (Gex series)
  • Doomguy (Doom series)
  • Croc (Croc series)
  • Tony Hawk (Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater series)
  • Tomba (Tomba! series)
Season 2
  • Lammy (Um Jammer Lammy)
  • Robbit (Jumping Flash! series)
  • Squall Leonhart (Final Fantasy VIII)
  • Musashi (Brave Fencer Musashi)
  • MegaMan Volnutt (Mega Man Legends series)
  • S.H.O.D.A.N. (System Shock series)
  • Hatch/Walker (Warhawk)
  • Jill Valentine (Resident Evil series)
  • Harry Mason (Silent Hill series)
  • Klonoa (Klonoa series)
Season 3
  • Zidane Tribal (Final Fantasy IX)
  • Gabe Logan (Syphon Filter series)
  • Rosco McQueen (Rosco McQueen Firefighter Extreme)
  • Arc (Arc the Lad series)
  • Kain (The Legacy of Kain series)
  • Suezo (Monster Rancher series)
  • Rikimaru (Tenchu series)
  • Ignatius Blackward (Nightmare Creatures series)
  • George Stobbart (Broken Sword series)
  • Pepsiman (Pepsiman)
“Fighters Pass”
  • Chun-Li (Street Fighter series)
  • Sub-Zero (Mortal Kombat series)
  • Sol Badguy (Guilty Gear series)
  • Mai Shiranui (Fatal Fury series)

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

That's about 2 dollars a character (25 characters before Joker according to the website) which is fair and also much better priced than the actual game.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
That's about 2 dollars a character (25 characters before Joker according to the website) which is fair and also much better priced than the actual game.
Let’s hope we get this package in Season 2 at least.

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Also, for the record, these are characters I would add if the game was like Smash 64 Remix and I got to add more content over time.
Season 1
  • Dr. Neo Cortex (Crash series)
  • Ripto (Spyro series)
  • Rudy Roughknight (Wild Arms series)
  • Q*Bert (Q*Bert series)
  • Rayman (Rayman series)
  • Gex (Gex series)
  • Doomguy (Doom series)
  • Croc (Croc series)
  • Tony Hawk (Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater series)
  • Tomba (Tomba! series)
Season 2
  • Lammy (Um Jammer Lammy)
  • Robbit (Jumping Flash! series)
  • Squall Leonhart (Final Fantasy VIII)
  • Musashi (Brave Fencer Musashi)
  • MegaMan Volnutt (Mega Man Legends series)
  • S.H.O.D.A.N. (System Shock series)
  • Hatch/Walker (Warhawk)
  • Jill Valentine (Resident Evil series)
  • Harry Mason (Silent Hill series)
  • Klonoa (Klonoa series)
Season 3
  • Zidane Tribal (Final Fantasy IX)
  • Gabe Logan (Syphon Filter series)
  • Rosco McQueen (Rosco McQueen Firefighter Extreme)
  • Arc (Arc the Lad series)
  • Kain (The Legacy of Kain series)
  • Suezo (Monster Rancher series)
  • Rikimaru (Tenchu series)
  • Ignatius Blackward (Nightmare Creatures series)
  • George Stobbart (Broken Sword series)
  • Pepsiman (Pepsiman)
“Fighters Pass”
  • Chun-Li (Street Fighter series)
  • Sub-Zero (Mortal Kombat series)
  • Sol Badguy (Guilty Gear series)
  • Mai Shiranui (Fatal Fury series)
As the certified "non-video game content for Smash" supporter, the lack of licensed/fourth party characters would be a nice contrast from the Smash series. While Tony Hawk and Pepsiman are here (the first being a real life sportsman, and the latter being from a Japanese-exclusive advertising campaign), my personal choices are:
  • Reptar (Rugrats: The Search for Reptar)
  • Spider-Man (Spider-Man (Activision))
  • Wolverine (X-Men: Mutant Academy)
  • Hades (Disney's Hercules)
  • Tarzan (Disney's Tarzan)
  • Buzz Lightyear (Toy Story 2: Buyzz Lightyear to the Rescue)
  • Rocky (Chicken Run)
These are the only ones i know that have a PS1 connection, but there are more i'm forgetting.

Top Bottom