• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
We got a job interview fellas
It might finally be time to be actually have some kind of concept about what money is and how useful it can be for buying stuff

Also SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 my contribution to your search for a theme is fat lip by sum 41
It’s got the name for a fighting game at least
Thanks for the theme suggestion. Will give it a listen.

What did you think of the roster I posted though?

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
Thanks for the theme suggestion. Will give it a listen.

What did you think of the roster I posted though?
Id probably be a Jersey devil main because he looks like an absolute goober and I’m down with that
I liked the balance of PlayStation characters with just PlayStation associated characters it’s a good mix

I would love to see my boy sly though

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Bro this is how I’ve felt for the past year. You really just gotta keep trying, and maybe try changing your resume around a bit.

Also take breaks when you need to. Constant job hunting is exhausting.
Hard to change my resume around when I havent even had a chance tonget a real job to put on there. "Dog watching/walking for neighbors and Friends" doesnt get you far. Not even from pet stores
WHO GHOSTED ME 3 TIMES BTW

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Hard to change my resume around when I havent even had a chance tonget a real job to put on there. "Dog watching/walking for neighbors and Friends" doesnt get you far. Not even from pet stores
What does your resume look like?

Like you don't gotta show me but like what's on there

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
I also do not have a real job to put on a resume
Unless acting and playing gigs at places is considered steady work

I found a brewery that was just opening and applied to all the jobs I could conceivably be in any way qualified for and hoped that they are desperate enough and well they’re at least not ghosting me

and if I get the job every time I walk in it’ll be hard to resist a walks into a bar joke, but I am a rabbi so that is the risk you run

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I've yet to hold a real job myself, so don't give up. Sometimes getting a job isn't an easy task, even when you're entirely qualified for it.

Keep searching for places and businesses you're interested in working at and keep doing interviews. It might take a while, and there's be up days and down days, but I'm sure you'll land a job that you actually really want if you keep at it.

Noipoi

Howdy!
This was me just a few years ago. I’d never had a real job at the time. All I really had to put down was making some quick cash drawing things for friends on the internet.

You gotta take what you have and dress it up a bit, embellish it. On my resume I made it look like I had a thriving business as a digital artist, which is far from the truth.

Don’t straight up lie, just exaggerate :191:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
What does your resume look like?

Like you don't gotta show me but like what's on there
In no order

My work history, which is mostly the pet stuff because no job has bothered getting me yet.

My refrences because the people whos dogs I watched/ walked and friends
My education being high school degree and associates of science degree (Firm beliver this does jack ****)

Of course, the contact info, my professional email.

I swear I put everything and it obviously worked because I have had interviews but they all ghosted me after.

The only "job" im able to bag is watching dogs/feeding cats while the owners are away. Sure, it gives good money but jesus christ

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Id probably be a Jersey devil main because he looks like an absolute goober and I’m down with that
I liked the balance of PlayStation characters with just PlayStation associated characters it’s a good mix

I would love to see my boy sly though
Yeah. I wanted to stick with characters who were on the PS1 or earlier systems. Not a fan of how Smash Remix did Dark Samus and Lucas.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
With the comeback of Mario & Luigi RPG through the upcoming Brotherhood.

It'd be neat if we got a Mario & Luigi game with Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong with both Bowser and King K. Rool being the villains who team up.

But Nintendo obviously ain't gonna do that because they don't like fun apparently.

Jotadé

Smash Ace
So yeah, It looks like my plans for the night will have to wait.

Just got told by my crush that her biological father passed away in África. Currently trying to see if she is in a safe place with her family to make sure she isn't doing anything extreme after the awful months she has had.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Just got told by my crush that her biological father passed away in África. Currently trying to see if she is in a safe place with her family to make sure she isn't doing anything extreme after the awful months she has had.
That sucks. Be there for her if you can, man.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
We got a job interview fellas
It might finally be time to be actually have some kind of concept about what money is and how useful it can be for buying stuff

Also SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 my contribution to your search for a theme is fat lip by sum 41
It’s got the name for a fighting game at least
it works. But I'm not 100% sold on it....

**** it maybe I need to commission someone to make an animatic for the intro and see what song fits it best...

Jotadé

Smash Ace
That sucks. Be there for her if you can, man.
Indeed Noi, I need to be there for her. She has done so much to help me get through tough times and moments, she cares about my future and well being almost as much as my mother... She really should get as much of my help as she allows me to give.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Sorry to hear that. If she needs space at any time, feel free to give it to her, though I think you can help her through the pain if you want. Either way, this is quite sad indeed.

I wonder how he died? Not that it is my business, for it is not, so I don't need an answer, but it does make me wonder...

Jotadé

Smash Ace
Update: my Crush is safe on her house. Doesn't want to do a videocall so she doesn't wake up her adoptive parents, but we promised to talk more tomorrow and see what we do.

Glad she's safe and not planning anything sinister towards herself, that was my biggest worry.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Tired after taking a few hours to clean the bathroom. More so because the weather here isn't exactly pleasant right now.

Gonna be eating dinner soon though so I'm quite glad about that lol
I actually ordered food today. Pizza. Was planning on pizza and chill but xbox live is down so I'm just watching videos. Idk why but I'm watching a Minecraft youtuber playing Minecraft with the Create mod.

Edit: okay Live is back.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Preordered a Daisy amiibo…she will fit well with my very small Amiibo collection

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
God. **** Multiversus. I was vibing with it for a while but then I experienced first hand how needlessly difficult the crushing rift difficulty is, and how easier difficulties are just… not there for later rifts all to keep you from accessing a character for free in a free to play game combined with the problem of high costs for literally everything and my, admittedly nitpicky (except for Wonder Woman I’ll die on that hill) complaints with how many of the characters movesets are actually built… god damn it this game is a stain. The characters they’re using deserve better. We as people deserve better. And the fact that we never will get better, this is probably all we’ll get unless we ****ing overthrow capitalism (at which point there won’t be a Warner Bros to make a crossover game for anyway so why bother) if just… everything about it sucks and I hate it.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
was just playing multiversus and black lantern Superman told Steven Universe his mom says hello and that’s crazy af.

God. **** Multiversus. I was vibing with it for a while but then I experienced first hand how needlessly difficult the crushing rift difficulty is, and how easier difficulties are just… not there for later rifts all to keep you from accessing a character for free in a free to play game combined with the problem of high costs for literally everything and my, admittedly nitpicky (except for Wonder Woman I’ll die on that hill) complaints with how many of the characters movesets are actually built… god damn it this game is a stain. The characters they’re using deserve better. We as people deserve better. And the fact that we never will get better, this is probably all we’ll get unless we ****ing overthrow capitalism (at which point there won’t be a Warner Bros to make a crossover game for anyway so why bother) if just… everything about it sucks and I hate it.
Honestly completely agree on the rifts. It’s stupid you have to take the time to pay through every difficulty to unlock a free character. The bonus rewards are neat, but it’s time consuming as hell for no real reason. Hope they fix this if that’s going to be the future, which does seem to be the case as our next season 2 character is also free early by doing rifts.

As for movesets, I kind of disagree there. I think most of them work and make sense for the characters.

Regardless this is being made by devs that actually listen, so the former will probably be changed and they aren’t completely against reworking characters either. So I wouldn’t say it’s impossible to see improvement.

Game has its issues, but those can definitely be ironed out in a year or so. Hopefully the year off put them more ahead of schedule then we think to make positive change for the game in the coming months.

Top Bottom