• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Except the monetization and grind is probably a WBD mandate so I doubt it will ever change. There is no way WB will let them tone down the grind or reduce the prices.
They already made adjustments to the battle pass and character currency progression.

It getting changed again isn’t that crazy of a concept imo.

StormC

Smash Hero
Yeah I'll be real 20 is pretty ****ing early when it comes to marriage, that's barely any time to experience adulthood, it's not like a moral failing or anything imo but marriage is a massive commitment, it can make you happy but rushing it can make it so, so unbearably terrible. Life isn't a Disney movie
Statistically young marriages end in divorce more than half the time.

60 percent of couples married between the age of 20 -25 will end in divorce.

Jotadé

Smash Ace
Unlocked Weapon X in Fortnite:
IMG_20240703_014407.jpg

Went with the skin to the new part of the map which according to Fortnite Lore is where Wolverine was being kept, and the screenshot I took went hard.
IMG_20240703_011958.jpg

And regarding my Crush: just texted her to check if she slept properly. If she replies and is cool with It I'm gonna do a videocall so my mother and I can both help her.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Concept: The misadventures of a dragon trying and failing to capture variouses princesses from different kingdoms. Like a mermaid princess in an underwater palace, a bee princess in a giant hive, etc.
Aside from the dragon, there is a video game called Nefarious with a similar premise. (I don't know if anyone remembers the webcomic Brawl In The Family, but the person behind that did the music for the game, which is how I originally found out about the game)

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I know this is like announcing I’m quitting Facebook but now that I’ve finished the battle pass, realized the designed impossibility of the Smith event, and realized how they only ever give away their lamest skins for completing these events… I no longer have any reason to play Multiversus daily like I have been. So… bye Felicia.

Last edited:

Jotadé

Smash Ace
Currently on my way from my psychologist appointment.

Basically she agrees with me that I have two sides: one who is more mature, well-thought and earnest; and another who is impulsive, inmature even, who wants everything to happen at the exact moment and can't wait. That is probably the core of my shopping addiction.

To put It simply: we took stuff out of my priority list, agreed to take meassures to control myself whenever impulsive me pops-up anywhere and in short managed to make some progress regarding my shopping addiction. Here's how my list looks now btw:
Screenshot_2024-07-03-15-53-23-46_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg

We also talked about my Mother and her obsession with working and doing everything for everyone else. It has us really worried so we agreed to do something: each Saturday morning, I will wake up, and do every single house work for her before she wakes up. That way she will be surprised and be less stressed and job-heavy as she usually is.

All in all: It was a good session today. Hopefully I manage to stand by all of this.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

HyperSomari64

Smash Master

dezeray112

Smash Hero
New episode of the official Marvel Podcast, this time regarding development on current Marvel Television and animation media such as X-Men 97 Season 2, Daredevil Born Again and more
I've recently managed to finish watching the third season to the Daredevil series and I really do hope that Born Again can continue to maintain the standard it has by the time it hits Disney+.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

According to this, there could actually be an extra playable character in Sonic X Shadow Generations. Any thoughts?
A few people have already guessed that it could be Black Doom and they just haven't put up the bio and render for him yet.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I'm playing The Messenger. I remember seeing a trailer for this game before it came out and thinking it was cool as **** so I picked it up when it was on sale a few years back (I have a bad habit of buying games and not playing them for years) so now I'm finally playing it.

It's pretty good. Starts out kind of basic (I feel like it's really easy to compare it to classic Castlevania and I feel like Shovel Knight does the whole NES-esque platformer thing better) but it does differentiate itself as it progresses with some really cool movement options, I just unlocked the grappling hook and I'm in love

Also the game is ****ing hard. It's rarely unfair but **** I forgot how hard this type of game can be. Also I do wish the sound design was better, I feel like killing enemies with the basic attack would feel a lot better if it had more of an oomph to it and adding a crunchy sound affect can go a long way

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
A few people have already guessed that it could be Black Doom and they just haven't put up the bio and render for him yet.
Yeah, I mentioned it could be an NPC on another forum. Me? Here, I just said there “could be” an extra playable character here.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

osby

Smash Obsessed
I don't understand why people are so obsessed with Sylux, we know literally nothing about him. At least wait until Prime 4 is out until you start clamoring for him in Smash
They have to add more reps to Metroid by repping Metroid Prime so Metroid can have more reps compared to the other series with an undue number of reps.

Rep

Jondolio

Smash Hero
They have to add more reps to Metroid by repping Metroid Prime so Metroid can have more reps compared to the other series with an undue number of reps.

Rep
See this way of thinking, as much as I disagree with it, had some logic behind it when Metroid was just two versions of Samus. Not saying it justified Sylux then but it was kind of understandable because Ridley was seen as an impossibility.

But now not only do we have 4 Metroid characters, we also have a perfect candidate for a fifth with Raven Beak and we still know nothing about Sylux. It's just weird to be passionate about him

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I don't understand why people are so obsessed with Sylux, we know literally nothing about him. At least wait until Prime 4 is out until you start clamoring for him in Smash
From what we know from Prime Hunters and Federation Force, we know he’s a rival bounty hunter that had his life saved by Samus but still chooses to be a punk-ass ship-stalking Metroid-stealing pirate-affiliating menace who’s not a big fan of the space government (30 on 30).

Jondolio

Smash Hero
From what we know from Prime Hunters and Federation Force, we know he’s a rival bounty hunter that had his life saved by Samus but still chooses to be a punk-ass ship-stalking Metroid-stealing pirate-affiliating menace who’s not a big fan of the space government (30 on 30).
That's still almost nothing and comes entirely from spin-offs. You get my point

Jotadé

Smash Ace
Call me insane if you want, but I would unironically be genuiely more excited about the idea of a playable Metroid (as in, the Alien species) in Smash Bros similar to Piranha Plant.

Mostly because of the idea of having a final Smash based on the ending of Super Metroid where they absorb the vital energy of Mother Brain and Samus throws the Rainbow Bean-thing at her non-stop. That would be a badass finisher move in any fighting game.

Beyond the final Smash, maybe you can have them evolve into other Metroid forms the more damage It gets. Similar to how in Samus Returns you see them evolve.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
It is a bit premature to be calling Sylux as our next Metroid rep, yeah. They're just now starting to do **** with him and we don't even know how important he'll end up being when all is said and done.

That being said, dude absolutely had that aura in the Prime Beyond trailer and I'm excited to see how he's handled in the story.

Jotadé

Smash Ace
People really like their Glup ****tos and Potential Men.
Ngl, I have this fear in me that Sylux could turn out to be the new generation's Boba Fett and cause some serious outrages online from weirdos who expected them to kick a lot of ass or something like that.

I obviously wasn't born when Return Of The Jedi released, but I've read stuff about how people back then were hyped AF for Boba Fett because he was having cameos and toys everywhere and Empire Strikes Back teased both him and Jabba as the next big thing. People were expecting some epic showdown to rescue Han Solo from his hands... And from what I heard the letdown when the movie came out and people saw Boba Fett have even less screentime than Empire Strikes Back and got killed as part of a gag pissed off the hardcore fans a lot.

Idk, hopefully It isn't the case with Sylux, maybe the character does deliver an awesome confrontation... But I just want a great game and not much else, ngl. I just don't want another Insomniac Spider-Man 2 situation where I've been in Discord servers (one specifically was a Sonic one) where people trashed on others for liking It over the plot not being the way some people wanted.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Now, I do expect Sylux to have an actual presence and actually do **** in Prime 4.
But it's been nearly a decade of "omg guys just wait for Prime 4, he'll be relevant there I swear" with the game being vaporware until a couple weeks ago that it's hard not to rag on the fact he's a dude from a spin-off that's only had post credit appearances in an 8 year old game no one played and a 17 year old game and none of these are accessible on current hardware (please port Prime 2 and 3 over already).

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
When it comes to Metroid reps, after getting Ridley, I feel we should just add the cool af reps next, regardless of relevance. Raven beak would be sick, Slylux has potential. If the villains can stand out in just one entry, then why not. Expands smash’s options and delivers on unique movesets.

Also I could totally see them making a playable E.M.M.I.

Top Bottom