• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Jotadé

Smash Ace
I have not seen The Boys but my dad and sister like it. I told my sister I'll watch it if she watches One Piece, which she has yet to do. So I can't compare the two and don't care to.

Invincible is just ****ing amazing, I'm actually at a loss for words at how good this season was
Glad you really liked Invincible as much as I did! :)

HyperSomari64

Smash Master

I don't speak a lick of Spanish lol
Is a reference to an infamous Dragon Ball artist from Spain, who claims that DB's "essence" should be about blood and death. Tablos AF is his nickname.
He created the Super Saiyan 5, but that's not SSJ5 (and neither is Goku), it's Tablos (the character) and his form is the Spirit Killer.

Last edited:

Jotadé

Smash Ace
Is a reference to an infamous Dragon Ball artist from Spain, who claims that DB's "essence" should be about blood and death. Tablos AF is his nickname.
Bruh, talk about missunderstanding Dragon Ball entirely.

Idk, I personally think that Dragon Ball is both a comedy show and also a very dope story of self-improvement and development.

The whole show is about Goku learning to be stronger both physically and mentally to learn how to defeat bigger threats to his world. Kinda like how Superman is meant to represent humankind at its peak of good and Soul.

If anyone told me their role models are Goku, Superman and Emmet, I would really admire that, because they are honestly really good characters to see yourself reflected in (unless we talk about Snyder Superman who is just an Injustice wannabe)

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I feel this should be very obvious but I get the feeling you were a child when the cool **** was deemed too violent
Like yeah I get it but also 6 year old me was obsessed with Sonic X and Power Rangers so I'll never forgive my parents (my Power Rangers obsession has died out however)

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Bruh, talk about missunderstanding Dragon Ball entirely.

Idk, I personally think that Dragon Ball is both a comedy show and also a very dope story of self-improvement and development.

The whole show is about Goku learning to be stronger both physically and mentally to learn how to defeat bigger threats to his world. Kinda like how Superman is meant to represent humankind at its peak of good and Soul.

If anyone told me their role models are Goku, Superman and Emmet, I would really admire that, because they are honestly really good characters to see yourself reflected in (unless we talk about Snyder Superman who is just an Injustice wannabe)
The only good thing that came from the artist is the Dragon Ball AF phenomenon and the SSJ5/Spirit Killer.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
My brother actually has a copy so I might see if I can borrow it from him someday.
If you like Monster Hunter, you'd probably like PLA.

I know the gameplay is much different in terms of battles but the gameplay loop has a lot of similarities.

but don't take my word for it cause I haven't played a Monster Hunter game. I should fix that.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
My parents didn't let me watch Pokémon and other cool **** because it was "too violent". I just finished watching Invincible with my dad so I don't know what that was about.
If it makes you feel better, I was banned from watching anything that had swears or the word "crap", at least by myself.

You may be thinking I was like little little. No, I was in middle school.

I had to get legit ask my parents if I could watch the Simpsons. My dad allowed me but every chance I watched it he reminded me the creator was an athiest, like I was suppossed to be repulsed by that or something.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Speaking of Pokémon I learned that this is possible the other day:

A technically legit way to shiny hunt mew and doexys?

It was a crazy watch of other videos to see how this glitch manipulation works but it’s really interesting too.

I may have to pick up an emerald copy and try this. But right now I’m shiny hunting totodile, celebii, lugia and maybe suicune all in crystal vc before bank shuts down.

However I do have a separate ds that can run gameboy games, so maybe double hunting is on the menu

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Made some new Fakemon for my new dex. Just an idea I had for the game's "gimmick".
I made a new kind of evolution process called Inverso Evolution, which is a special type of evolution that only the starters, including previous starters, as well as Eevee and Riolu, may have. Essentially, once your Pokemon becomes its final evolution, you will have the ability to take it to the Inverso Well- which "devolves" your Pokemon back to its first form, but gives it a new ability called Paragon Aura, which increases the Pokemon's stats by 1+, but it can only activate once per battle. These Pokemon are based on their first stage evolution but with changes to its design that makes them look similar to their third evolution. Their bst also mimic mythic legendary Pokemon (100 across the board), -which is explained in the lore of the well but for now ill leave that part out- but have two negative stats and a positive stat, that have a different of 20 each, but all their HP is 100. For example:

Inverso Bulbasaur: 100 80 100 120 100 80
Inverso Charmander: 100 120 100 80 80 100
Inverso Squirtle: 100 80 120 100 100 80
--
Inverso Chickorita: 100 100 80 100 120 80
Inverso Cyndaquil: 100 80 80 120 100 100
Inverso Totodile: 100 120 80 80 100 100

This is still a work in progress and nothing is final. This evolution is tied to the mythical Pokemon of the game, Revenerso, a Ice/Ghost type. The name is a mix of Inverso and Revenant. The idea I had is that a human from long ago tried to bring his Pokemon friend back from the dead using the Inverso Well, but was traumatized by his Pokemon's new, zombified form and abandoned it, leaving Revenerso to become cold to others. It's ability is Inverso Renewel, which makes it stop any fatal attack at 1 hp, then fully heals and gets a boost to all its stats by 1, but it's ability become Empty Heart, which does nothing.

Again, wip.
-mainly for starters.

“CHaRZIARD PANDERING!”

but sounds like a neat idea fr.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
One of my simple daily struggles is playing Spore when I have a high sense of empathy.

Every so often I wanna make a really evil and murderous species for lore reasons, but my empathy stops me in my tracks every time unless it's a race that demands tribute or something.

SO MANY TIMES I've gotten to space stage with an agenda to start killing, but then the first race I meet is a sweet lil diplomat and I'm like "AW SPODE DAMN IT I DON'T WANNA KILL YOU"

Let's just say my playthroughs tend towards the social side most of the time.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
A Ken Penders classic. :4pacman:
oh god it’s reminding me of the naked echidnas he drew that Twitter showed on my timeline (the price in liking Sonic tweets is the inevitable curse of it I suppose). I think he may have a fetish coming out of every single thing he draws

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
God why are his drawings so ugly
Years of practice and perseverance.

Not gonna lie, as silly as the stories I crafted for the Deadly Six are, I'm pretty confident in saying my stories are better than those of Ken Penders.

I refuse to believe that Knuckles ****les
Asexual Knuckles rights.

Jotadé

Smash Ace
Completed arcade mode as Frank West and Black Panther in MvC Infinite.
1907a95011d51-screenshotUrl.jpg

Yeah, I think Frank is gonna be my main if he returns in the next MvC. He is just as fun to play as he is in Dead Rising.

Also found a Magneto player in Fortnite and we did a synchronized musical emote:
IMG_20240703_225220.jpg

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
If you like Monster Hunter, you'd probably like PLA.

I know the gameplay is much different in terms of battles but the gameplay loop has a lot of similarities.

but don't take my word for it cause I haven't played a Monster Hunter game. I should fix that.
Were you just gonna sit here and NOT TELL ME there was another Monster Hunter in here?

Yes you should fix it. Grow some balls and play Monster Hunter

Also
To anyone that dips theor toe into Monster Hunter, if you getMonster Hunter Generations Ultimate or Monster Hunter Rise on switch, hit me up, i will 100% help you along the ride

Last edited:

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
I remember when I was younger, I hated Pokemon cause I thought it was nerdy and for losers.

Jokes on me now.
My mom thought that the whole concept of Pokémon was some kind of gulag of fear and pain for the creatures, so as a kid I always looked at the kindergarteners playing Pokémon and thought they were little terrors

but one sun and moon later I realized Pokémon was bomb as hell and they were little friends not prisoners screaming in the endless void that is a poke ball for freedom
Shadows Of Almia
Hell yeah brother quality video game time

Top Bottom