• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
In all seriousness, I'm much more of a casual shipper when it comes to Shadow x Amy and Jet x Rouge. Sure I like 'em but I don't go out of my way to look for fan content of them (good thing too cuz I don't think Jet x Rouge fan content exists).

But I do have a Deadly Six pet pairing in the form of Zor x Zeena. I LOVE that

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
In all seriousness, I'm much more of a casual shipper when it comes to Shadow x Amy and Jet x Rouge. Sure I like 'em but I don't go out of my way to look for fan content of them (good thing too cuz I don't think Jet x Rouge fan content exists).

But I do have a Deadly Six pet pairing in the form of Zor x Zeena. I LOVE that
As a diehard Sonic fan who's been addicted to this blue rat for the past 20 years, I have to ask...

Was Zor the emo one? I can never remember half of the Zeti

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Sonic shipping wars are the reason I have something of a disdain for shipping these days. I'm not really gonna get into it but at some point it felt to me like it eclipsed many other aspects of the fandom at least in the bubble I used to hang out in and because of how many Sonic characters there are across different adaptations my brain is overloaded with useless information on characters I don't actually know much about because I never read the archie comics and never will

I will say though sometimes shipping fanart can be nice (I particularly enjoy Sonic/Amy and Knuckles/Rouge stuff) and there is one ship I genuinely like but it doesn't get fanart anymore because no one really cares about Sonic X in 2024

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Sonic shipping wars are the reason I have something of a disdain for shipping these days. I'm not really gonna get into it but at some point it felt to me like it eclipsed many other aspects of the fandom at least in the bubble I used to hang out in and because of how many Sonic characters there are across different adaptations my brain is overloaded with useless information on characters I don't actually know much about because I never read the archie comics and never will

I will say though sometimes shipping fanart can be nice (I particularly enjoy Sonic/Amy and Knuckles/Rouge stuff) and there is one ship I genuinely like but it doesn't get fanart anymore because no one really cares about Sonic X in 2024
Yeah, I never understood Sonic shipping wars myself, or in general. In Sonic's case, it is mainly about a blue hedgehog who is super fast and fights an evil genius to save the world. What more do fans need from that?

Even though I have never understood shipping wars, it seems like a thing all fandoms seem to like to do.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

I haven't seen Sonic X in years other than seeing it on Netlfix and wondering what the Dutch dub sounds like only to find out it's not ****ing available for some reason, what are you referring to?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Nah, It is time to face my fear.

Mostly because my time has come and gone pretty frequently in my life.

'll be the one to carry on and improve as a person.
And if someone doesn't want me to improve, they can throw me to the wolves.

Cause I am undefeatable.
Just be hanging on to the other side then,
And make sure you won't give up 'til the end of you. :p

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Yeah, I never understood Sonic shipping wars myself, or in general. In Sonic's case, it is mainly about a blue hedgehog who is super fast and fights an evil genius to save the world. What more do fans need from that?

Even though I have never understood shipping wars, it seems like a thing all fandoms seem to like to do.
My problem with Sonic shipping is that for some fans, at least back in my DeviantArt days, it ballooned to such an extreme that it eclipsed what many people liked about this franchise in the first place and replaced it with cringey shipping debates that somehow managed to involve every single character that existed in this franchise. This is why I took a break from Sonic for many years and I don't know how I even got myself into that mess
I haven't seen Sonic X in years other than seeing it on Netlfix and wondering what the Dutch dub sounds like only to find out it's not ****ing available for some reason, what are you referring to?
Tails and Cosmo from season 3

Jondolio

Smash Hero
By the way this is me trauma dumping because holy **** you have no idea how ****ing much I try to repress my memories of my DeviantArt days and if I could have a time machine I would probably block this website on my parents computer, it would've solved a lot of my mental issues

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
My problem with Sonic shipping is that for some fans, at least back in my DeviantArt days, it ballooned to such an extreme that it eclipsed what many people liked about this franchise in the first place and replaced it with cringey shipping debates that somehow managed to involve every single character that existed in this franchise. This is why I took a break from Sonic for many years and I don't know how I even got myself into that mess
Well, the fact that people tend to ship, as I said, is something I don't understand, but I know it could be because of various reasons. That said, I am not saying some of them are furries, but if I recall correctly, furries tend to do this shipping thing a lot. I may be wrong on that last part, but Sonic seems to attract a lot of furries.

But whether you are a furry or otherwise, I'd say the shipping and shipping wars are something that can ruin fandoms, especially the Sonic one. This is a series that is supposed to be for kids, after all. My personal guess as a possible reason why shipping happens is that people may be insecure about love or something. I unfortunately came across the more sexual Sonic shipping art from time to time. Also to me, this shipping and its wars over a series about a blue hedgehog is baffling.

Jotadé

Smash Ace
Not sure if I have any Sonic ship in specific. The closest thing would be me imagining Vector getting along really well with Blaze due to their senses of justice.

The biggest ship in media which I am a huge fan of doh, is Johnny Storm x Wyatt Wingfoot:
e1737450a88e72aa6d1093a00c7d9f21eee8f4a0.jpg

ff50_18-19.gif

I could talk all day on why I would die on this day, but to make It simple: the ship just clicks with me.

Johnny being someone who has social skill issues and pretends to be cool to fit anywhere, Wyatt Wingfoot who is the son of a legendary American Football player but wants to exist beyond that legacy: both admiring each other and relating in various ways.

Now, It is true that Wyatt nowadays is dating She-Hulk... But just saying, I would love It if anyone at Marvel cooked something with this ship.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
View attachment 391889
Curses! You figured out my secret!

As much as I love Amy I've just never cared for the SonAmy ship honestly (well outside of the Boom universe, it's okay there). I'm an Asexual Sonic Believer
I hit like for the funny Spore thing but ayyyy cool headcanon that I share lmao

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
Idek how I ended up being such a diehard Zor x Zeena shipper. Generally I saw a lot of people shipping Zeena with Zavok, but the idea of Zeena just having this massive crush on the cute emo boyo gave me a rush of serotonin. Oh and I loved the idea of Zazz being their third wheel-

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I like those little robots that teleport from floor to lightning and vice versa through lightning in Carnival Night Zone of Sonic 3.
It's been a while since I played Sonic 3, could you refresh my memory?
An old SomeCallMeJohnny stream made the Caterkillers my favorite by some distance. They still are
Speaking of SomeCallMeJohnny, he's right that Slicers are the spawns of Satan but I love them anyway

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Anyway that's enough about shipping, what's your favorite badnik? I think mine is the Roller Mark II, look at this goofy goober
View attachment 391892
Excellent choice. My favourite Badnik's probably the shark dudes from Hydro City, they look funny, you feel cool zipping past them on the water slide things and you feel horrified when you realize there's no little animal around if it hits you, exploding on contact

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
It's been a while since I played Sonic 3, could you refresh my memory?

Speaking of SomeCallMeJohnny, he's right that Slicers are the spawns of Satan but I love them anyway

From 0:54 to 0:58 here. The badnik in the Fandom site and that part of the video is what I speak of.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I still think it's funny that my entire history of Sonic is when my friend at the time brought his Gamecube over(Cause I was a poor mf) to play Sonic Adventure 2 and I was like

I have legit never played a Sonic game before or after that moment.

Music slaps hard tho
And you’re a smart man for staying away. There’s nothing but suffering and misery over here in the Sonic fandom.

Last edited:
Top Bottom