• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
And you’re a smart man for staying away. There’s nothing but suffering and misery over here in the Sonic fandom.
Well, aside from some things, it seems chill right now in the Sonic Fandom. I mean, there is still some nitpicks on Frontiers and Superstars, but things seem fine from what I have seen, especially on this Sonic website I go to. I could be wrong, though.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Video game enemies are some of my favorite aspects of video games cause they help characterize the world of the game (this is one reason why I love Pikmin so much) so of course I shifted the discussion to my weird hyperfixation
Don't worry about it. You're all good. It's fine.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Anyway that's enough about shipping, what's your favorite badnik? I think mine is the Roller Mark II, look at this goofy goober
View attachment 391892
Cannot replace the GOAT

Where does Toxic Yaoi land on this?
Asking for a friend
Depending on how toxic we are talking about, it could be a Kismesis or a Kismesis/Matesprit double reacharound.

Kismesis is the spade and is a romance born of hate
Matesprit is the heart and is typical romance where both love eachother
a Kismesis Matesprit Double reacharound is when one person hates and the other loves.

(Vast oversimplification)

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Video game enemies are some of my favorite aspects of video games cause they help characterize the world of the game (this is one reason why I love Pikmin so much) so of course I shifted the discussion to my weird hyperfixation
I ****ing the Koopa Troop they are all my scrunklies

IMG_9047.png

I also really like the Kremlings

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
But you all can't forget the best badnik of all, the one from Sonic Adventure 1 who was a playable character instead of an enemy.

I am talking about E-102 Gamma.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I ****ing the Koopa Troop they are all my scrunklies

View attachment 391897

I also really like the Kremlings
Mario enemies are probably my favorite thing about Mario as a franchise and part of the reason I loved Wonder so much is that it introduced so many and I just ****ing love them. So good
Cannot replace the GOAT
The Egg Pawn has gone through zero design changes since his introduction, this is because he is without flaw

Jotadé

Smash Ace
Not sure if I have any Sonic ship in specific. The closest thing would be me imagining Vector getting along really well with Blaze due to their senses of justice.

The biggest ship in media which I am a huge fan of doh, is Johnny Storm x Wyatt Wingfoot:

I could talk all day on why I would die on this day, but to make It simple: the ship just clicks with me.

Johnny being someone who has social skill issues and pretends to be cool to fit anywhere, Wyatt Wingfoot who is the son of a legendary American Football player but wants to exist beyond that legacy: both admiring each other and relating in various ways.

Now, It is true that Wyatt nowadays is dating She-Hulk... But just saying, I would love It if anyone at Marvel cooked something with this ship.
On the topic of Marvel and The Fantastic Four, there's something I've been wanting to share for a while here now that I remember. It is about the new movie and a personal hope of mine. It is kind of a touchy subject but hopefully people take It as well as possible.

So yeah, ya'll probably know how much I used to trash on the Tim Story movies back in the day for what they did to Sue Storm with Jessica Alba and all that... But believe It or not, there's an element from those movies I genuiely loved which I am praying makes its way to the new movie.

That being...
1712446792531.png
Alicia_Masters_1.jpg

Making Alicia Masters (the Thing's wife) a PoC.

Now I know what some may be thinking: "Jotadé, that's cool that you want more diversity in media. But does this change really mean that much to you?"... Yes, It does and here's why:

For those who don't know, Alicia Masters is a blind artist who does sculptures. She's the daughter of the Fantastic Four villain Puppet Master, and his first encounter with the team was how she got to meet the Thing and fall in love with him because of how he was inside. He was one of the first characters in the comics besides the rest of the Four who valued Ben as a human and wasn't scared by his looks.

Now, why am I saying all of this? Well, I believe there's potential to make the connection between Ben and Alicia even deeper with the choice of making her a person of colour. Think about It: both are characters who are judged for being different (Ben because of being a rock person and Alicia due to her blindness which Puppet Master makes use of for his evil plans)... Wouldn't It also make sense if Alicia faced discrimination due to her blindness and as such she related to the Thing on a personal level?
And here's the cool part: what would be added by making Alicia Masters a PoC? Well, for starters the discrimination side would be even more apparent, but also, you can make Puppet Master a PoC as well, and I have this story concept of Puppet Master being someone who protected Alicia from racists and so which is why before meeting the F4 she really cares so much about his father. And wouldn't It be beautiful to show on the big screen a blind PoC showing to the audience that love has no borders, and that eventually we all find someone who relates and even feels in similar ways to us?

Also let's be real: the human side of the F4 is already bloated with people Who aren't PoCs, so I feel that this change would be really welcomed among modern fans.

It is also worth to note that the best F4 cartoon as of now (World's Greatest Heroes) also made Alicia as a PoC and It worked quite well imo:
Alicia_Masters_(Earth-135263)_from_Fantastic_Four_World's_Greatest_Heroes_Season_1_18_002.jpg

So yeah, tl;Dr: making Alicia a PoC has potential to give more depth to her relationship with Ben Grimm, and would also add some needed diversity to the main F4 cast.

To those Who made It this far, thanks for reading this long text 😅

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
Well, aside from some things, it seems chill right now in the Sonic Fandom. I mean, there is still some nitpicks on Frontiers and Superstars, but things seem fine from what I have seen, especially on this Sonic website I go to. I could be wrong, though.
Sonic fandom on major social media sites, ranked from best to worst:

Tumblr
Instagram
YouTube
Twitter
DeviantART
Reddit

For the record I'm talking from my own personal experiences. So I might be wrong on some things. But speaking as someone who's mainly invested in the Deadly Six right now, I've had by far the best experience with Tumblr.
Reddit though is hell for a D6 fan.

I don't remember DeviantART being too terrible in D6 content, but knowing all the weird stuff that goes on there...

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Sonic fandom on major social media sites, ranked from best to worst:

Tumblr
Instagram
YouTube
Twitter
DeviantART
Reddit

For the record I'm talking from my own personal experiences. So I might be wrong on some things. But speaking as someone who's mainly invested in the Deadly Six right now, I've had by far the best experience with Tumblr.
Reddit though is hell for a D6 fan.

I don't remember DeviantART being too terrible in D6 content, but knowing all the weird stuff that goes on there...
Glad I go to Youtube, and you are right about that site, as it is tame right now and though lots of fighting may occur, it is not the worst out there.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
On the topic of Marvel and The Fantastic Four, there's something I've been wanting to share for a while here now that I remember. It is about the new movie and a personal hope of mine. It is kind of a touchy subject but hopefully people take It as well as possible.

So yeah, ya'll probably know how much I used to trash on the Tim Story movies back in the day for what they did to Sue Storm with Jessica Alba and all that... But believe It or not, there's an element from those movies I genuiely loved which I am praying makes its way to the new movie.

That being...
View attachment 391894View attachment 391895
Making Alicia Masters (the Thing's wife) a PoC.

Now I know what some may be thinking: "Jotadé, that's cool that you want more diversity in media. But does this change really mean that much to you?"... Yes, It does and here's why:

For those who don't know, Alicia Masters is a blind artist who does sculptures. She's the daughter of the Fantastic Four villain Puppet Master, and his first encounter with the team was how she got to meet the Thing and fall in love with him because of how he was inside. He was one of the first characters in the comics besides the rest of the Four who valued Ben as a human and wasn't scared by his looks.

Now, why am I saying all of this? Well, I believe there's potential to make the connection between Ben and Alicia even deeper with the choice of making her a person of colour. Think about It: both are characters who are judged for being different (Ben because of being a rock person and Alicia due to her blindness which Puppet Master makes use of for his evil plans)... Wouldn't It also make sense if Alicia faced discrimination due to her blindness and as such she related to the Thing on a personal level?
And here's the cool part: what would be added by making Alicia Masters a PoC? Well, for starters the discrimination side would be even more apparent, but also, you can make Puppet Master a PoC as well, and I have this story concept of Puppet Master being someone who protected Alicia from racists and so which is why before meeting the F4 she really cares so much about his father. And wouldn't It be beautiful to show on the big screen a blind PoC showing to the audience that love has no borders, and that eventually we all find someone who relates and even feels in similar ways to us?

Also let's be real: the human side of the F4 is already bloated with people Who aren't PoCs, so I feel that this change would be really welcomed among modern fans.

It is also worth to note that the best F4 cartoon as of now (World's Greatest Heroes) also made Alicia as a PoC and It worked quite well imo:
View attachment 391898
So yeah, tl;Dr: making Alicia a PoC has potential to give more depth to her relationship with Ben Grimm, and would also add some needed diversity to the main F4 cast.

To those Who made It this far, thanks for reading this long text 😅
I only saw snippets of the mid 2000s show and the movies from around the time so finding out she's not usually white is crazy, I get how people feel about Blade and Nick Fury lmao. Not a bad thing though of course

Jotadé

Smash Ace
Seriously though I'm glad my attempt to change the subject was successful, thank y'all for indulging my dumb hyperfixation
I didn't take much part on the conversation about Badniks, but you are welcomed anyways!

Also wanted to thank you for giving my Alicia Masters post a shot, It truly means a lot for me that It has received such great reception! :)

Jotadé

Smash Ace
My right eye hurts a lot, ngl. Probably from using the phone so much and my sort of allergy with dog hair (today I saw both my uncle's, aunt's and neighbor's dogs).

I really should sleep, but my ADHD is kicking in really badly because I am currently having an anxious desire for the Dead Rising Deluxe Remaster.

I know, It sounds kinda silly, but trust me: people like me have It tough to stay quiet when we get excited or hyped about something.

Hopefully I do get to bed eventually doh.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
My right eye hurts a lot, ngl. Probably from using the phone so much and my sort of allergy with dog hair (today I saw both my uncle's, aunt's and neighbor's dogs).

I really should sleep, but my ADHD is kicking in really badly because I am currently having an anxious desire for the Dead Rising Deluxe Remaster.

I know, It sounds kinda silly, but trust me: people like me have It tough to stay quiet when we get excited or hyped about something.

Hopefully I do get to bed eventually doh.
I understand the first part. I have gotten some eye strain from using the phone before.

Also, try your best to get to sleep, because you need it. Maybe have someone help you if necessary. I say this all as a person with ADHD myself.

Jotadé

Smash Ace
I understand the first part. I have gotten some eye strain from using the phone before.

Also, try your best to get to sleep, because you need it. Maybe have someone help you if necessary. I say this all as a person with ADHD myself.
Yeah, my mother is currently trying to help me as well. She will likely give me something to relax myself such as a medicine if she sees I keep walking around the house.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Check this out, everyone.

HyperSomari64

Smash Master

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
Top Bottom