• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Noipoi

Howdy!
So I was planning on peepong Made in Abyss sometime soon only to find out that there's loli/shota **** that gets worse as the series goes on and now I don't feel like peeping it anymore.

Might take a break from Anime until Mob Psycho returns, my goat would never.
Ah yes, questionable content towards minors.

Thanks, anime. very cool.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
If you're curious, here's what Pokemon are getting them.

Past Variants:
Donphan (Ground/Fighting)
Volcarona (Bug/???)
Jigglypuff (Fairy/???)
Amoongus (Grass/???)
Magneton (???)
Misdreavus (Ghost/Fairy)
Salamence (Dragon/Dark)

Future Variants:
Donphan (Ground/Electric)
Volcarona (Fire/Poison)
Delibird (Ice/Fairy)
Kirlia (Fairy/Fighting)
Hariyama (Fighting/???)
Zweilous (Dark/Flying)
Tyranitar (Dark/???)

Koraidon and Miraidon are like Cosmog and Necrozma, they are Paradoxes but not officially. The DLC is also rumored to have Virizion and Suicune but I find that unlikely because it's really arbitrary.
Ah yeah can't wait for 3 variants of Volcarona to ruin the singles metagame. It's Quiver Dancin time.

I'm a big Salamence fan but wasn't too fond of its mega. So I'm cautiously hopeful for its "past" form.

Assuming this stuff is real in the first place. I haven't been following leaks closely enough to sus out whats actually credible or not.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The Rick and Morty premiere was pretty amazing. They confirmed like 5 big time fan theories, had some big connectivity to previous seasons, and a really strong setup for the villain of the season( or series).

Honestly was some of the best the show has been.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
When you think about it, in about 700+ years from now we could be getting a cat Pokemon named Catdolfkitler.

Half joke but I'm just thinking how we got a Pokemon named after Gengis Kham centuries after his death so dictators aren't off the table

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
One shared Mega that incorporates elements from the different forms, while also being its own thing.
Basically the mega latis approach. They look identical and share the same stats.

Urshifu is already pretty close to that, with its Gmax forms. I would just combine their color schemes for the mega.

Oricorio is a bit trickier, but a bird that can incorporate all 4 styles could work if they made the design right.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Prompt time. Make a pokemon inspired by your favorite game series.
Actually, wait, I'm going to commit.

Seimen Kongou: Fighting/Psychic. Guardian Pokemon. It's fiercely protective of smaller Pokemon. Can be seen carrying a Mankey, Chimchar, and Aipom.
Vulcanus: Fire/Psychic. Forge Pokemon. Its natural body heat melts the metals. For this reason, it is used by blacksmiths as a companion.
Maia: Fairy/Psychic. Constellation Pokemon. It treads the icy mountains in groups of nine. Some say it can see the impending destruction.
Orpheus: Ghost/Psychic. Lament Pokemon. It's a shy and solitary Pokemon. With its lyre, it sings songs for other Ghost-types all night. (has ♂ ♀ forms)
Izanagi: Electric/Psychic. Progenitor Pokemon. Its presence alone gathers thunderclouds. Their bolts of lightning can create new geographical formations.
Arsene: Dark/Psychic. Thief Pokemon. It uses its wings to swoop in and steal food and items for people, giving them to other Pokemon instead.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
One shared Mega that incorporates elements from the different forms, while also being its own thing.
That’s what I was thinking.
Basically the mega latis approach. They look identical and share the same stats.

Urshifu is already pretty close to that, with its Gmax forms. I would just combine their color schemes for the mega.

Oricorio is a bit trickier, but a bird that can incorporate all 4 styles could work if they made the design right.
Now Unown. That one’s tricky.

There’s also the legendaries that combine with other legendaries to assume forms like Necrozma, Kyurem, and… Calyrex… ok Calyrex is no problem but those other two, I wonder about them.

Reactions: Z25

osby

Smash Obsessed
When you think about it, in about 700+ years from now we could be getting a cat Pokemon named Catdolfkitler.

Half joke but I'm just thinking how we got a Pokemon named after Gengis Kham centuries after his death so dictators aren't off the table
That just makes me think that Pokemon should have more mons like this. I want a Dragon-type inspired by Nero Claudius.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

I just had a minor mental episode thinking about Pokémon going on for 700+ more years.

Also you’re basically suggesting the Pokémon version of Werner Werman and that’s funny.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
That’s what I was thinking.

Now Unown. That one’s tricky.

There’s also the legendaries that combine with other legendaries to assume forms like Necrozma, Kyurem, and… Calyrex… ok Calyrex is no problem but those other two, I wonder about them.
Not sure on the legends, but unknown could easily have a form where they transform into some unified symbol of being, kinda like wishiwashi, but it’s only temporary and requires all unknowns.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Not sure on the legends, but unknown could easily have a form where they transform into some unified symbol of being, kinda like wishiwashi, but it’s only temporary and requires all unknowns.
For the mega Evolution? How would that work? Like, mechanically?

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
For the mega Evolution? How would that work? Like, mechanically?
You can only mega it when you have all of the unknowns. Think Mega Rayquaza where it doesn’t need a stone. The unknown mega then is still called unknown, but has a a totally different appearance, like a guardian deity made by all its forms.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Hot take, I wish Megas worked the way G-Max forms worked. If my Pokémon is turning into a super powerful alternative form, it should also have some extra super powerful moves.
Some pokemon do get signature moves when they change forms already, like Glaciate turning into Freeze Shock/Burn and Iron Head turning into Behemoth Blade/Bash for Zacian/Zamazenta.

I don't think it should go full g-max but it'd be too crazy for, say, Mega Sceptile to have Dragon Pulse turn into "Tail Explosion" or something.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
If you're curious, here's what Pokemon are getting them.

Past Variants:
Donphan (Ground/Fighting)
Volcarona (Bug/???)
Jigglypuff (Fairy/???)
Amoongus (Grass/???)
Magneton (???)
Misdreavus (Ghost/Fairy)
Salamence (Dragon/Dark)

Future Variants:
Donphan (Ground/Electric)
Volcarona (Fire/Poison)
Delibird (Ice/Fairy)
Kirlia (Fairy/Fighting)
Hariyama (Fighting/???)
Zweilous (Dark/Flying)
Tyranitar (Dark/???)

Koraidon and Miraidon are like Cosmog and Necrozma, they are Paradoxes but not officially. The DLC is also rumored to have Virizion and Suicune but I find that unlikely because it's really arbitrary.
We actually still don't know if it's Zweilous or Hydreigon. Kaka referred to it as having 'many heads', which would describe Hydreigon more, and the hint Khu gave indicated that it'd be a Dark/Flying Pokemon could either imply two or three heads as many overlook that the two vultures wear half a skull each, which could make a third 'undead' head.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Dammit Zoom

Why you gotta be so damn s...............l.....................o...................w on my laptop?

So I was planning on peepong Made in Abyss sometime soon only to find out that there's loli/shota **** that gets worse as the series goes on and now I don't feel like peeping it anymore.

Might take a break from Anime until Mob Psycho returns, my goat would never.
As someone who has watched it, has the game and the poster all I can say is yes it does get really, really, really ****ed in the head but I think were the manga is I hope to god the worst has passed. The sixth layer is traumatising.

Then again I watch it cause the lore of the Abyss is one of the best I've ever seen. The loli stuff is gross and I did skip most of it. I'd still watch it but stomach it as hard as you can.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Dammit Zoom

Why you gotta be so damn s...............l.....................o...................w on my laptop?

As someone who has watched it, has the game and the poster all I can say is yes it does get really, really, really ****ed in the head but I think were the manga is I hope to god the worst has passed. The sixth layer is traumatising.

Then again I watch it cause the lore of the Abyss is one of the best I've ever seen. The loli stuff is gross and I did skip most of it. I'd still watch it but stomach it as hard as you can.
I gotta be honest, I think my limit may be a little too low for me to tank through. Like I won't knock y'all for liking it, but I personally shall pass.

Anyway Sploon3 month, check out my cool pfp that was bound to happen eventually

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Alright I see where this is going.

Happy Labor Day to my US peeps. Now wash your dishes. I know you got some right now, wash them.
Oh frick it's Labor Day huh?

I went home from my overnight shift early and it just occured to me that my mananger probably thinks I was lying about feeling sick. Oh well, I got the protected PTO so there's nothing they can do about it.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
A rough Justice League sketch I did. Been busy with part time work and other personal career goal stuff. But I'm working on a backlog of art now. Got like 3(technically 4) pieces done, I want to wait until I get about 8 or maybe 9 in total before posting them. Currently working on the next one right now too.

Yeah, it's the DCAU Roster. What else did you expect? Also, been watching Static Shock again recently, show holds up really well!

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Oh frick it's Labor Day huh?

I went home from my overnight shift early and it just occured to me that my mananger probably thinks I was lying about feeling sick. Oh well, I got the protected PTO so there's nothing they can do about it.
Uh, Labor Day is all about expressing workers rights, and you celebrated it by (not) lying to your manager and leaving. You stuck it to the big guy, your manager will now quit, Big W Zachmac.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
So, y'all remember my brother Taylor? LOOK AT THIS PROJECT HE GOT CAST FOR- HE'S IN A PROJECT WITH DAVE FENNOY???? MELISSA MEDINA???? SO PROUD OF HIM
TAYLOR IS LEGIT CASTMATES WITH A SMASH VA NOW (Dave Fennoy voices Rodin.)
Pokelego999 Pokelego999 TheMightyP TheMightyP Noipoi Noipoi MooMew64 MooMew64 Shroob Shroob

Yes, I am bragging about him.

Top Bottom