• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
If we get a new DK announced this year I will uh... donate money to a primate conservation effort or something. Normally these kinds of bets suggest it to Noi given I make fun of him but I know that a conservation won't blow their money first chance and then wonder why they're broke for the new DK game.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I've been actually playing Paper Mario: The Origami King due to getting a sudden kick as a result of playing the original game on the N64 Online Expansion.

Doesn't have the charm the original does but it's been a really fun game. I like how it notably has aspects of the original gameplay of the first two but otherwise does its gameplay differently.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Toby about to leak the direct:
What most Deltarune Chapter 3 theorists are hearing after reading this tweet:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
My dad and I every week when he comes to my place to eat.

Decided to have a Batman marathon starting with the original 1989 film. Watched that last week and just watched Batman Returns today.

Very splendid classic films.

Next week is Batman Forever.

Then the following.

Batman & Robin (Wish me luck surviving lol)
Batman Begins
The Dark Knight
The Dark Knight Rises
The Batman (Can't wait to rewatch this again!)

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
beat the Intermission dlc for FF7R…want to play as Yuffie in Rebirth

Shroob

Sup?
So, y'all remember my brother Taylor? LOOK AT THIS PROJECT HE GOT CAST FOR- HE'S IN A PROJECT WITH DAVE FENNOY???? MELISSA MEDINA???? SO PROUD OF HIM
TAYLOR IS LEGIT CASTMATES WITH A SMASH VA NOW (Dave Fennoy voices Rodin.)
Pokelego999 Pokelego999 TheMightyP TheMightyP Noipoi Noipoi MooMew64 MooMew64 Shroob Shroob

Yes, I am bragging about him.
Holy **** I pog'd in real life.

Good ****!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

osby

Smash Obsessed
Question to Pokemon fans: Is there a dual-type Pokemon that switches one of its types with another upon evolution?

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Question to Pokemon fans: Is there a dual-type Pokemon that switches one of its types with another upon evolution?
Closest I can think of is Kirlia evolving into Gallade.
Loses Fairy but gains Fighting.
Not sure if it counts though since Kirlia has only been part Fairy since Gen 6.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Shoutout to Swablu/Altaria and Exeggcute/Alolan Exeggutor for being dual types who evolve into dragons for no freaking reason.
The definition of a Dragon is not the same as the definition of a Dragon-type.

Mega Ampharos is part dragon-type, but that doesn't make him a dragon.

Or maybe it does, idk. Where's that Lance quote?

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
The definition of a Dragon is not the same as the definition of a Dragon-type.

Mega Ampharos is part dragon-type, but that doesn't make him a dragon.

Or maybe it does, idk. Where's that Lance quote?
Tbf, "dragon" is a pretty loosely defined term in the first place. While the western perception of dragons is almost always reptilian, it's not unheard of for them to be either serpentine (as in Alolan Exegguttor's neck) or avian/having the ability to shapeshift into birds (like Altaria).

Or maybe I'm biased because I think stretching taxonomic definitions is cool and interesting and should be done more.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Tbf, "dragon" is a pretty loosely defined term in the first place. While the western perception of dragons is almost always reptilian, it's not unheard of for them to be either serpentine (as in Alolan Exegguttor's neck) or avian/having the ability to shapeshift into birds (like Altaria).

Or maybe I'm biased because I think stretching taxonomic definitions is cool and interesting and should be done more.
Yeah and you're a dragon yourself so it makes sense that you would know.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Speaking of dragons.

If they existed as real animals taking a page from the concept of Cryptozoologicon. I'd imagine them being of their own lineage (Say a name like Draconis) and part of the archosaur family (Consisting of birds, crocodilians and non-avian dinosaurs).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Don't you just love when your PC randomly breaks and you have to spend days backing up and reinstalling everything? Maybe it's a sign I should finally replace my 10+ year old laptop with something slightly newer.

Also apparently I missed the reveal of a graffiti Pokemon. It sure looks ugly cute, kinda dig it.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Heard Young Justice got cancelled again

Honestly even though WBD bad and all, this is one decision I'm completely for. Season 3 was so bad that I didn't even bother watching season 4

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Heard Young Justice got cancelled again

Honestly even though WBD bad and all, this is one decision I'm completely for. Season 3 was so bad that I didn't even bother watching season 4
What didn't you like about it? I wasn't a fan of how thin the recent seasons spread themselves with a bunch of different plotlines, but I still think most of the plotlines were handled well.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
What didn't you like about it? I wasn't a fan of how thin the recent seasons spread themselves with a bunch of different plotlines, but I still think most of the plotlines were handled well.
There were several things I didn't like. The first thing is that I don't like most of the new characters season 3 introduced, Violet and Forager were both extremely annoying and took too much screen time from characters that I did care about, which was also a problem in season 2 but not to the same extent. I would've really preferred it if they just kept focusing on the OG team and made expansions rarer, so that they'd feel like they matter. Like I still have no idea why I should care about Tim Drake and Wonder Girl.

I also didn't think the subplots were handled very well either, maybe I wasn't paying attention but I have no idea why Brion (another character I didn't care for) went full villain in the end of season 3 or what it adds to the narrative. That's just the example I can think of off the top of my head. Also it makes very little sense why Nightwing went along the "anti-light" thing after season 2, and even LESS since why Miss Martian went along with it after she nearly killed one of her best friends because her teammates kept their plan a secret.

Finally, and this is another problem that started with season 2, but I think the decision to do a timeskip each season hurt the show in the long run. It disconnects the audience from the characters and the world, especially since a **** ton of characters get added each season, some retire, and some join and die off screen and the writers expect the audience to feel something when those deaths happened off screen to characters they don't even know. Speaking of deaths, the actual on screen death of Wally, a character the audience DOES know and cares about, added nothing to the story. They barely even acknowledge it in season 3.

This turned into a way longer rant than I thought and I'm sorry if I came off as agressive in any way, it wasn't my intention, but I really do think season 3 dropped the ball hard.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Pitch idea.

Super Smash Bros. vs. Multiversus: Dimensions Collide

Just the idea of Mario vs. Superman would make this worthwhile.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
The American Military movie taking down the well known black people movie?

View attachment 360422
If it makes you feel any better, a film doing well in the box office really doesn't speak for its quality. Aquaman did really well to the point of being like top 20 or 30 and I don't think I've ever seen people actually talk about the fact Aquaman had a movie

Top Bottom