• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
One thing I want shown in tomorrow's Pokémon news is some version exclusives details.

I'm already leaning towards Scarlet but doesn't hurt to learn more.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Top Gun: Maverick just continues to exceed everyone's expectations. Who knew it would have done so well as it already has but here we are.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Tbh at this point I'm not even surprised by how Warner Bros. is screwing up and collapsing as a result, nor do I care. The news just seem like more of the same at this point.

I'll care if the company actually makes any good changes about how they run things as a result.

Last edited:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
There were several things I didn't like. The first thing is that I don't like most of the new characters season 3 introduced, Violet and Forager were both extremely annoying and took too much screen time from characters that I did care about, which was also a problem in season 2 but not to the same extent. I would've really preferred it if they just kept focusing on the OG team and made expansions rarer, so that they'd feel like they matter. Like I still have no idea why I should care about Tim Drake and Wonder Girl.

I also didn't think the subplots were handled very well either, maybe I wasn't paying attention but I have no idea why Brion (another character I didn't care for) went full villain in the end of season 3 or what it adds to the narrative. That's just the example I can think of off the top of my head. Also it makes very little sense why Nightwing went along the "anti-light" thing after season 2, and even LESS since why Miss Martian went along with it after she nearly killed one of her best friends because her teammates kept their plan a secret.

Finally, and this is another problem that started with season 2, but I think the decision to do a timeskip each season hurt the show in the long run. It disconnects the audience from the characters and the world, especially since a **** ton of characters get added each season, some retire, and some join and die off screen and the writers expect the audience to feel something when those deaths happened off screen to characters they don't even know. Speaking of deaths, the actual on screen death of Wally, a character the audience DOES know and cares about, added nothing to the story. They barely even acknowledge it in season 3.

This turned into a way longer rant than I thought and I'm sorry if I came off as agressive in any way, it wasn't my intention, but I really do think season 3 dropped the ball hard.
I can even agree with a lot of this. Some of these decisions caused there to be a disconnect for everyone who watched the first two seasons. But I was still able to watch the show with these things in the back of my mind, enjoying the story they did give us. As for the Brion thing, I understood that he acted the way he did because of how he wanted the best for Markovia.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
If it makes you feel any better, a film doing well in the box office really doesn't speak for its quality. Aquaman did really well to the point of being like top 20 or 30 and I don't think I've ever seen people actually talk about the fact Aquaman had a movie
I gotta be honest, I was just meming to a very miniscule target audience on this thread, I personally don't really have any interest in this film regardless of quality.

The only thing I know about this is that Boomer Dads came out of the woodwork for this one.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I can even agree with a lot of this. Some of these decisions caused there to be a disconnect for everyone who watched the first two seasons. But I was still able to watch the show with these things in the back of my mind, enjoying the story they did give us. As for the Brion thing, I understood that he acted the way he did because of how he wanted the best for Markovia.
That's completely fair

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Predictions for the Pokémon trailer tomorrow?

My guess is the evil team.

Noipoi

Howdy!
What I'm really curious about is if they're going to be a fairly serious evil team again, or if we're getting another Team Skull or Team Yell.
Team Skull was awesome. Guzma's the homie.

Team Yell sucked. And the only reason they aren't the absolute worst evil team is because Macro Cosmos was introduced in the same game.

I would like evil organizations back please :239:

But considering the general themes of the game, something tells me we're getting a biker gang. I can only hope they're not as useless as Yell :dr^_^:

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Well that’s strange. Can’t remember the last time a game released it’s ending song before release.
They saw people screaming bloody murder for info and are now dumping the whole game out of fear.

Can’t wait for them to drop the full release tomorrow. I think it’ll really help sell me on the game.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
What I'm really curious about is if they're going to be a fairly serious evil team again, or if we're getting another Team Skull or Team Yell.
My guess is we get both. A evil biker gang, and then someone at the school whose taken advantage of their actions to cause their own trouble and get the legends for whatever goals they have.

Top Bottom