• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
It's not even that I hate ALL vegetables. I love carrots and broccoli and I can eat peas too.

My problem is vegetables like onions literally trigger my gag reflex, I can't handle them in my mouth.

And it feels like people put onions in EVERYTHING these days.
I'm that way with most vegetables due to how I was raised. It's difficult for me to process plant based items as a result of eating almost nothing but meat. Now I'm still an omnivore- I do eat certain vegetables.

Dukefire

Smash Master
With Super Smash Bros. Ultimate completely done with content and updates now, I guess we move onto speculation for the next title.

I think we'll see news for one no earlier than the second year of the Switch successor's lifespan, especially if it's backwards compatible.
If backwards compatible, could it have a little bonus should you have save data for Ultimate? That's if some of Ultimate's ideas are moving to the next one.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
If backwards compatible, could it have a little bonus should you have save data for Ultimate? That's if some of Ultimate's ideas are moving to the next one.
That would be a neat feature, as long as it's not too exclusive as you don't want to upset those who didn't get Ultimate.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
finally able to hear Makoto’s new voice without the good music…and Aleks Le did great

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
It's not even that I hate ALL vegetables. I love carrots and broccoli and I can eat peas too.

My problem is vegetables like onions literally trigger my gag reflex, I can't handle them in my mouth.

And it feels like people put onions in EVERYTHING these days.
The problem with onions to me is that they're just very overpowering to the point that whenever I've cooked with em, it would only end up tasting like onion, not even a case of me adding too much cause I've tried packets of stirfry veggies and it's the same story

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Slice and dice onions, crush up some garlic, throw some oil and sauté that **** on a pan. Put that on meat, veggies, rice bowl, eggs, whatever. Simple, but that's #RealCooking

Edit: Bonus points if you throw some peppers into that as well

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
All this talk about cooking and food reminds me of a time where I was a little kid, and when there was a time to cook, I would yell "COOKING!" and then take a bowl, throw everything in the bowl, and I'd be done. Crazy, huh?

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
For me the problem with onions...might be on my genes sucking. The taste itself is uneasy for me but I have an especially visceral reaction to their texture and how they crunch. It literally makes me wanna gag. As a result I associate their taste with that gag-y feeling and it only makes me wanna gag more.

Also. Meat is meat. I’d eat a gorilla burger if I could obtain it legally. I’d eat any meat if I could obtain it legally.
1711219936472.png

Do you know how many animals had to die for that???

This is a joke, I am not a vegan and I do not police people's dietary choices, I just wanted to make a Disventure Camp reference involving my comfort character.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Eating a gorilla specifically is kinda icky because they're primates and much closer to us genetically than most apes not named chimpanzees and that's too close to cannibalism for me to be comfortable with
Good thoughts, Jondolio! I would have thought that myself if I had the chance, but yeah, now I really don't see a reason to eat a gorilla.

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
Getting back to the subject of vegetables, raw onions by themselves aren't that great. They're better in a sandwich or a burger. That, or caramelized onions.

Also, is a tomato a fruit or a veggie? Because I feel like some people think that if it has seeds, it's a fruit, and the only veggies that have seeds might be peppers.

Then again, I guess zucchini has seeds.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Eating a gorilla specifically is kinda icky because they're primates and much closer to us genetically than most apes not named chimpanzees and that's too close to cannibalism for me to be comfortable with
Yeah, cannibalism is yucky, although allegedly it tastes like pork.

That's because humans share a lot of genetic makeup with pigs for some reason.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Hello, I am the CEO of burgers, what's your favorite topping
My home burgers typically have Swiss, bacon and avocado. My other topping combinations include Swiss or Provolone, bacon, pickles, onions (plain, rings, caramelized or haystack) and bbq sauce, sometimes lettuce too if it’s not shredded. Some burgers I love from restaurants also have jalapeños, fried, pickled or otherwise

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
My home burgers typically have Swiss, bacon and avocado. My other topping combinations include Swiss or Provolone, bacon, pickles, onions (plain, caramelized or haystack) and bbq sauce, sometimes lettuce too if it’s not shredded. Some burgers I love from restaurants also have jalapeños, fried, pickled or otherwise
I'm not a fan of bacon but other than that I love your choice of toppings. Avocado on a burger is extremely underrated

Top Bottom