• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

osby

Smash Obsessed
Hole many GG characters exist that aren’t in Strive yet?

And do they have a guest character yet?
Quite a few. Unless you count characters who won't be in Strive due to being retired (like Kliff and Justice), you still have Venom, Jam, Dizzy, Slayer, Zappa, Haehyun, and Answer.

And Guilty Gear doesn't do guest characters.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Quite a few. Unless you count characters who won't be in Strive due to being retired (like Kliff and Justice), you still have Venom, Jam, Dizzy, Slayer, Zappa, Haehyun, and Answer.

I hope hope HOPE if they add Dizzy.... she isnt ****ing 7 years old

Noipoi

Howdy!
Yeah, the Tiny Toons one. :4pacman:

We’re tiny
We’re toony
We’re all a little loony
And in this cartoon-y we’re invading your TV!
We’re comic dispensers
We crack up all the sensors
Tiny Toon Adventures get a dose of comedy!
So here’s Acme Acres it’s a whole wide world apart
Our home sweet home it stands alone a cartoon work of art
The scripts were rejected
Expect the unexpected
It’s Tiny Toon Adventures it’s about to start!
They’re furry, they’re funny-
It’s Babs and Buster Bunny!
Montana Max has money
Elmira is a pain!
There’s Hampton, and Plucky-
Dizzy Devil’s yucky
Furball’s unlucky
And Gogo is insane!
At Acme Looniversity we earn our toon degree
The teaching staff’s been getting laughs since 1933!
We’re tiny
We’re toony
We’re all a little loony!
It’s Tiny Toon Adventures come and join the fun!
And now our song is done! :nifty:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Tbf Daisuke said they might do it, surveys have had 'guest character' as an option for requested characters, I just hope that they'd be like, Vash the Stampede or Alucard Hellsing, characters who fit the aesthetic perfectly
I hope hope HOPE if they add Dizzy.... she isnt ****ing 7 years old
I think she's like 12 now canonically? For what it's worth, Strive toned down some of the sexualization so Dizzy might not look like that as much

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'm still in my Super Sentai arc and Boonboomger is shaping up to be one of my favorite seasons already. Love how both good guys and bad guys are equally smooth-brained.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I am now watching KFP4…through totally legal means

Dukefire

Smash Master
I recently seen the Ninja Batman movie as English sub. Boy, I'm sad that I missed its release years ago. It was great and a unique taste with batman adapting to Japan in the Feudal era.
Screenshot_20240320_121139_Video Player.jpg

That and GIANT ROBOTS!

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
What if Pokemon got a new type?

I doubt it could ever really happen at this point, BUT it's something I've wanted for a while.

My idea is a Love type. I'm a sucker for The Power of Love (it's a curious thing), and with Pokemon's focus on the bond between Trainers and their Pokemon, plus the existence of breeding, I think it'd fit in nicely.

Pokemon that get it might include:
  • Kangaskhan (representing familial/parental love)
  • Ditto (it IS the breeding Pokemon)
  • Plusle and Minun (they show a deep love for each other and for the people/Pokemon they cheer for)
  • Roselia and Roserade (roses are commonly seen as the flower of romance)
  • Mega Gardevoir (I'm hesitant to change its type considering how it legit just got the Fairy type, but I can see it getting the Love type over Psychic when it Mega Evolves)
  • LUVDISC (I've wanted a Luvdisc buff and/or evolution for so long. IT'S A LITERAL HEART-SHAPED POKEMON THAT IS ASSOCIATED WITH ROMANTIC COUPLES. It could really benefit from a new type.)
  • Alolamola (An incredibly caring and kind Pokemon in general that exhibits love to all those it can help)
  • Enamorus (well yeah)
There'd be potential for a new Eeveelution as well, of course.

As for type match-ups:

Not very effective against Love/Love is super effective against
  • Rock (heart of love > heart of stone)
  • Ice (heart of love > heart of ice)
  • Dark (love conquering evil)
Love both resists AND is resisted by
  • Fairy (the types are pretty similar as if. If you threw a ball of pixie dust at physically manifested faith and trust it'd probably just bounce off.
Does not effect Love/Love is super effective against
  • Steel (heart of love > heart of steel, plus metals, precious or otherwise, generally are used a lot in engagement rings representing pure love.)
Love is weak to/not very effective against
  • Psychic (Mind over matter? Mind over body? Mind over heart? Either way works)
  • Poison (The heart is an important part of the body. If toxins get into it, chances are you're dead.)
  • Bug (In the same way Fairy getting added buffed Poison, Love being added would buff Bug. Some bug attacks, like the sting of a bullet ant, can damage the heart, and bugs have dorsal tubes INSTEAD of hearts. THEY LITERALLY HAVE NO HEART. Spooky...)
It might just save your life.

Noipoi

Howdy!

I doubt it could ever really happen at this point, BUT it's something I've wanted for a while.

My idea is a Love type. I'm a sucker for The Power of Love (it's a curious thing), and with Pokemon's focus on the bond between Trainers and their Pokemon, plus the existence of breeding, I think it'd fit in nicely.

• Plusle and Minun (they show a deep love for each other and for the people/Pokemon they cheer for)
  • Mega Gardevoir (I'm hesitant to change its type considering how it legit just got the Fairy type, but I can see it getting the Love type over Psychic when it Mega Evolves)
  • LUVDISC (I've wanted a Luvdisc buff and/or evolution for so long. IT'S A LITERAL HEART-SHAPED POKEMON THAT IS ASSOCIATED WITH ROMANTIC COUPLES. It could really benefit from a new type.)
  • Alolamola (An incredibly caring and kind Pokemon in general that exhibits love to all those it can help)
  • Enamorus (well yeah)

As for type match-ups:

• Fairy (the types are pretty similar as if. If you threw a ball of pixie dust at physically manifested faith and trust it'd probably just bounce off.
  • Steel (heart of love > heart of steel, plus metals, precious or otherwise, generally are used a lot in engagement rings representing pure love.)
  • Poison (The heart is an important part of the body. If toxins get into it, chances are you're dead.)
  • Bug (In the same way Fairy getting added buffed Poison, Love being added would buff Bug. Some bug attacks, like the sting of a bullet ant, can damage the heart, and bugs have dorsal tubes INSTEAD of hearts. THEY LITERALLY HAVE NO HEART. Spooky...)
I hate it when my marriage is ruined by insects

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
it’ll be worth the Jack Black action…and then I’ll ignore everything else after finishing the movie
…movie needed a lot more Po and a lot less Awkwafina content…also more Seth Rogen

also the Jack Blackification of Britney Spears is the best thing to come out of this film (more Jack Black singing her songs please)

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
So, I just had a thought.

I’m still kinda relatively new to Sonic, because I haven’t played many of the games or beaten any of them. So I’ve been playing Sonic Frontiers for a while, and I’m enjoying it quite a bit. I'm still on Kronos Island.

But I have to ask…which Sonic games would be the best to start with, in terms of Classic and Modern (whether it’s Adventure-style or Boost Era, or both)?

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master

I’m still kinda relatively new to Sonic, because I haven’t played many of the games or beaten any of them. So I’ve been playing Sonic Frontiers for a while, and I’m enjoying it quite a bit. I'm still on Kronos Island.

But I have to ask…which Sonic games would be the best to start with, in terms of Classic and Modern (whether it’s Adventure-style or Boost Era, or both)?
Classic: Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Modern: Sonic Adventure 1

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

The Whitehead remakes of 1 and 2 are the definitive way to play the first two. Sonic 3 and Knuckles aged gracefully no matter the version (though Origins is probably the worst version of that). In terms of 3D, Adventure 1 is the best of the Adventure era games, while Colors or Gens is the best for the Boost Era gen. Adventure 2 also isn't a bad choice, but a good portion aged like ass, but it's highs are some of the best in the series.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

• Enamorus (well yeah)

As for type match-ups:

Wind and Sound Types. Make them happen.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
think she's like 12 now canonically? For what it's worth, Strive toned down some of the sexualization so Dizzy might not look like that as much
But then why not make her look her age, either make her look younger which also means, dont have her be Kys wife, or age her up to match how she looks?
bensw_profile_image_f45bce34eb002f9a_300x300.png

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I read the first five chapters of Jujutsu Kaisen, since I completely missed out on that series. It reminds me a lot of Naruto, with some elements of Bleach, though I'm concerned that much like Naruto, the women are going to be underwritten, out of focus, or pushed into the background. (On the upside, now I know the origins of the "nah, I'd win" meme) It's a fun start to the series, though the character names haven't stuck with me quite yet.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
It's been a whole year since the last update for PMEX Remix came out and a month since the announcement it was rebranded to REX.

I'm still waiting for any news update.

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace

• Enamorus (well yeah)

As for type match-ups:

Love attacks also have no effect on Ghost types because love types are always getting ghosted :ultpacman:

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

I'd say Mania has the best overall quality of the classic games, as for modern games, as long as you're willing to accept flaws of a bygone era in video games, the Adventure games are very much worth it, if not, Generations is also a fantastic time even if you'll recognize a few chunks of level design from the Frontiers Cyber Space stages, it's perhaps the best overall package the series has seen

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, somehow it slipped my mind, but yeah Mania is the best one for both it's price point and overall quality ninjahmos ninjahmos . It has everything good about Classic Sonic.

Though forewarning about the Adventure games, you may want to play them modded on PC that restores the game to the best quality because Sega bungled the HD ports bad.

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
I'll have to get Sonic Mania at some point.

Also, I'm assuming the definitive mod for Adventure 1 might be BetterSADX. As soon as I get a better computer, I might have to reinstall Steam and get Adventure DX.

Thanks guys!

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Oh yeah, the site’s April Fool’s gag is coming up. Wonder what it’ll be this time.

I don’t even remember what it was last year lmao
Hopefully something good for once. You’d have sworn this website was married the way it Mrs. with the gag.

Last edited:
Top Bottom