• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Do you think Baldur’s Gate 3 characters are eligible for Smash under the “game characters only” rule? As far as I know the characters only exist in the video game, but even then the game is an adaptation of a pen and paper rpg. A game without the video. That’s very different from a movie or tv show or comic. I feel like it should still be eligible.

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
Do you think Baldur’s Gate 3 characters are eligible for Smash under the “game characters only” rule? As far as I know the characters only exist in the video game, but even then the game is an adaptation of a pen and paper rpg. A game without the video. That’s very different from a movie or tv show or comic. I feel like it should still be eligible.
Probably not, but if they did, I think Karlach would be the best fit gameplay-wise.

The raging mechanic would encourage a very aggressive playstyle in order to keep it going and would add a lot of visual flair as well.

Plus, we already know what one of her taunts would be:
karlach-bg3.gif

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
Still on a Pokemon kick.

And you know, Primeape is one Pokemon I'm glad doesn't exist in real life.

Yeah yeah, it can get so angry it dies, but if that doesn't happen and you happen to upset it (which is EXTREMELY EASY TO DO)...it does not forget, it does not forgive, and it. will. KILL YOU. It will stop at nothing to chase you down and...get revenge. And even after it catches you and quite possibly slaughters you, it STILL does not forgive.

It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Still on a Pokemon kick.

And you know, Primeape is one Pokemon I'm glad doesn't exist in real life.

Yeah yeah, it can get so angry it dies, but if that doesn't happen and you happen to upset it (which is EXTREMELY EASY TO DO)...it does not forget, it does not forgive, and it. will. KILL YOU. It will stop at nothing to chase you down and...get revenge. And even after it catches you and quite possibly slaughters you, it STILL does not forgive.

It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead.
If Pokémon was treated with just a hint more realism it’d be an absolutely terrifying world to live in.

I’d still do it tho. Dragons and all that.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
If Pokémon was treated with just a hint more realism it’d be an absolutely terrifying world to live in.

I’d still do it tho. Dragons and all that.
Oh definitely. Despite the threat of being mauled by a Primeape, singed to a crisp by a Charizard, and countless ways to die at the hands of legendaries, I'd still love to hang out in the Pokemon world.

I'd love to have a Meganium in real life. Just standing next to one makes you feel refreshed. Yes, I'll take 50.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Oh definitely. Despite the threat of being mauled by a Primeape, singed to a crisp by a Charizard, and countless ways to die at the hands of legendaries, I'd still love to hang out in the Pokemon world.

I'd love to have a Meganium in real life. Just standing next to one makes you feel refreshed. Yes, I'll take 50.
For the most part legendaries tend to keep to themselves, hanging out in pocket dimensions, sleeping beneath the earth or roaming the world. They’re generally uninterested in human affairs.

Just as long as some shady organizations don’t start poking an ancient slumbering god, we’re good :nifty:

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
For the most part legendaries tend to keep to themselves, hanging out in pocket dimensions, sleeping beneath the earth or roaming the world. They’re generally uninterested in human affairs.

Just as long as some shady organizations don’t start poking an ancient slumbering god, we’re good :nifty:
Unless a 10 year old makes friends with them and they get into professional sports as a result.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I've been watching the first two episodes of X-Men 97 lately and in the ending of the second episode:

I have been doing some research online and if this is true, then the Jean Grey we see given birth to Nathan Summers is actually Madelyne Pryor aka Goblin Queen, a clone created by Mister Sinister. Nathan will then go on in to the future become the one called "Cable."

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
Also the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon universe would be equally interesting to live in

Generally the Pokemon settlements are happy places but the world is almost always in some form of danger-

But there is also Loudred, so I am not at all bothered about the risks :101:

Noipoi

Howdy!
In other news, the PvE of Overwatch 2 was scrapped completely.

The PvE that, you know, was the reason we got a Overwatch 2.

I couldn’t make this up if I tried.
It’s a shame, they had massive franchise potential. But at this point people only care about Overwatch for one reason.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Also some serious news:

Kate Middleton, current Princess of Wales, has cancer and will be undergoing Chemotherapy.

There was a lot of buzz in the past few weeks about what was going on (lot of misinformation at the time).

Either way, Cancer is terrible and I wish it on no one.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I'll take Pokemon being real if it means I get to have my own Empoleon and Luxray.

Let's uhh, just hope that Team Galactic and the like don't become real along with the Pokemon.
Unfortunately there will be someone out there that starts a real life Team Rocket should Pokémon ever becomes real.

Or worse, Cipher.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
In other news, the PvE of Overwatch 2 was scrapped completely.

The PvE that, you know, was the reason we got a Overwatch 2.

I couldn’t make this up if I tried.
Blizzard: "Overwatch's PvE modes won't be in the game."

Also Blizzard: "Actually, they weren't scrapped, they were just delayed. Here, you can play the gamemode by paying it."

Blizzard yet again about a year later: "Okay those PvE modes were scrapped for real now lmao"

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Now that I think about it, why haven’t they brought back the non Halloween PvE from the original? Surely it can’t be too hard to do.
Logical answer: they want t move onto new content and keep Overwatch "1"'s stuff mostly in the past, even if that itself only ends up hurting the game further.

Biased answer: I'm fairly certain that Blizzard has no real idea what they're doing with the game at this point.

It really sucks because the game used to be awesome and had a really great start. All the potential the game had for other gamemodes, a lasting competitive scene, and a story that ties all of it's characters and settings together has all but been throw out the window at the rate the game is going downhill.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
You know, that Brazilian leaker from a month ago said an Indies Showcase would happen this month after the February Partners' Showcase came out.

Do any of you still believe that? I ask because it is near the end of the month and I have not seen an announcement for an Indies Showcase.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh what luck I can be semi relevant. Lol

New Radical Red patch is out. Z25 Z25

• Electirizer - When held by Electivire, boosts Fighting moves by 50%
  • Magmarizer - When held by Magmortar, Fire moves that deal damage lower target’s Speed by 1 Stage, and inflicts tar on the target.
  • Note: if target is already afflicted with tar or is at -6 speed, the Magmarizer effect will not trigger
  • Upgrade - When held by Porygon-Z, boosts Speed by 50% but prevents the use of the same move twice
  • Burnt Seed - When held by Sunflora, boosts Fire moves by 50%”.

this plus the custom shinies and all the other changes look so good. Going to start a hardcore run again right now. Thanks for the ping!

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Also some serious news:

Kate Middleton, current Princess of Wales, has cancer and will be undergoing Chemotherapy.
Very sad to hear the news that the Princess of Wales has cancer and I do hope she gets the treatment she needs.

Like you said, cancer is a horrible thing in which no one should suffer from this situation.

There was a lot of buzz in the past few weeks about what was going on (lot of misinformation at the time).
That is the sad reality of social media and the Internet these days where sometimes they like to sensationalise and spread misinformation and lies for attention.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
MonsterVerse fans when there's humor and goofiness in the films: OMG THE MONSTERVERSE COPIED THE MCU! TERRIBLE! TERRIBLE! TERRIBLE!

Meanwhile Showa Era Godzilla films, Adam West Batman, Christopher Reeves Superman, Bayformers and Fast/Furious:

Top Bottom