• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Honestly, looking at Pooh's Adventures posters and storylines is one of my favorite hobbies.

Yeah they're poorly edited and ridiculous and I wish they'd use a Pokemon anime trio other than the first one, but the creators care a TON about their silly Winnie the Pooh crossover universe. There's recurring characters, villains, even some continuity too, and in general there's just a passion I feel coming from the creators despite the bad editing. They LOVE these stories they're telling.

And as long as they're having fun without hurting anyone, I say they keep on making these Pooh adventures until the world burns out.

CRINGE IS DEAD. LONG LIVE WINNIE THE POOH
I also do it too.

Shroob

Sup?
And now it's time for:

Storytime with the resident old man(Trademark pending)

Back when I was a little kid, I had two, rather pronounced bumps on the front of my head, one on each side. It was because of how my skull was shaped, and I eventually grew out of them, but one day, my mother took me to the pediatrician's office over them.

Did she think my skull was broken? No.

Did she think I had hit my head? No.

Did she think it was a brain tumor? No.

She asked the pediatrician square to their face if I was growing horns, like a demon.

This has been: Storytime with the resident old man(Trademark pending)

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
And now it's time for:

Storytime with the resident old man(Trademark pending)

Back when I was a little kid, I had two, rather pronounced bumps on the front of my head, one on each side. It was because of how my skull was shaped, and I eventually grew out of them, but one day, my mother took me to the pediatrician's office over them.

Did she think my skull was broken? No.

Did she think I had hit my head? No.

Did she think it was a brain tumor? No.

She asked the pediatrician square to their face if I was growing horns, like a demon.

This has been: Storytime with the resident old man(Trademark pending)
I actually read about this in one of Ripley's Believe It Or Not. Where there were humans that grew "horns" via untreated lumps on their head. It happens.

Idk if there's any attachment to Satan, maybe ancestry.com can help with that.

Shroob

Sup?
I actually read about this in one of Ripley's Believe It Or Not. Where there were humans that grew "horns" via untreated lumps on their head. It happens.

Idk if there's any attachment to Satan, maybe ancestry.com can help with that.
Not coming up with any Satans, but I did find one Louis Cypher.

.....wait a minute.....

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So for those with younger siblings, do y'all get messed up when you realize they're growing older?

Like idk how to describe it, but with my older sister, I can see her aging and growing up with no issue, like yeah I expect that. With my younger sister, It still feels she's like 14 when she's gonna be turning 20 this year. It feels wrong.

Noipoi

Howdy!
So for those with younger siblings, do y'all get messed up when you realize they're growing older?

Like idk how to describe it, but with my older sister, I can see her aging and growing up with no issue, like yeah I expect that. With my younger sister, It still feels she's like 14 when she's gonna be turning 20 this year. It feels wrong.
My little sister will never not be an obnoxious toddler to me, I don't care how old she gets.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
My little sister will never not be an obnoxious toddler to me, I don't care how old she gets.
Like once I left for college my little sis has been permanently stuck as a high schooler. Like she didn't age after that, despite the fact she's in college now, and has been for some time.

Like I have to remind myself that she's actually an adult according to the government.

Don't trust the government

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

The older my bio sister gets, the more I’m reaffirmed that she’s a lost cause and I’m my mom’s only hope in getting blood grandchildren

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

I am the younger sibling lol im already pretty pessimistic about my future, idk how my sister sees me tho

osby

Smash Obsessed
This feels weird.

Also who’s the Sammy alien guy?
He's called Aliyan

I don't know anything about him but cute design

Jondolio

Smash Hero

I have two younger sisters.

One of them is 20 now (she'll be 21 on June) which isn't too weird to me for some reason. I guess it's because we grew up together and thaf despite her being younger than me we always had somewhat equal footing.

My youngest sister however? She'll be turning 17 in a few months and that's just insane to me. Like I remember the day she was born, I used to hold her with my own two hands when she was a baby. Who tf allowed her to grow up this fast? And the craziest part is that she's the most well put together out of us siblings. She'll always be my little baby sister though

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

I never felt this with my sister, but I have felt it with people younger than me, I have a social group for neurodivergent folks and it's genuinely shocking to see people go from teens to adults when I've known them since I was an adult. One dude even got top surgery and I keep going "bro you're supposed to be like 15" and then I realize the passage of time and feel a sense of both dread and hope, somehow

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I never felt this with my sister, but I have felt it with people younger than me, I have a social group for neurodivergent folks and it's genuinely shocking to see people go from teens to adults when I've known them since I was an adult. One dude even got top surgery and I keep going "bro you're supposed to be like 15" and then I realize the passage of time and feel a sense of both dread and hope, somehow
This actually reminds me that I have a similar thing going on with internet in general. I used to be consistently the youngest person in any given internet circle (including Smashboards when I first made my account), so I used to just assume everyone would be older than me. Flash forward to this thread now - I'm still among the younger users but nowhere near the youngest.

Some of the people I knew from back then who still use this site have aged as well which is also weird because it was over half a decade ago when we were all much younger

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
My younger brother was already a ****head as a kid, he didn't graduate while I was still living at home. He moved to relatives all over the country and now he's living with my sister as, well, I'm not sure. He changes jobs all the time :yoshi:

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
It feels weird that Rattata hasn't been available in Galar OR Paldea, or Hisui for that matter.

Like, it is THE common early route normal-type. It's iconic. Weird that it seems to have vanished from the games aside from the remakes.

Top Bottom