• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Thread of early Mario wonder concepts and these were great:

I know it is a slippery slope back into NSMB territory but I think a Mario Wonder 2 would go crazy. Just so they can use more of these scrapped Wonder Flower effects.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Saying "Geno is the reason the west has RPGs at all."
No ****in way bruh this is hilarious as ****, Square did not spend Sony's money asvertising the **** out of their game, changing JRPGs ever since with a masterpiece that still gets celebrated today just for pwople to call like the 4th party member of a mid ass game that never got a worldwide release to get the glory, the puppet who made that **** happen was Cloud lmao

Also goddamn ABA looks ****ing amazing in Strive, even if I wish she still had red hair

Shroob

Sup?
No *in way bruh this is hilarious as *, Square did not spend Sony's money asvertising the ** out of their game, changing JRPGs ever since with a masterpiece that still gets celebrated today just for pwople to call like the 4th party member of a mid ass game that never got a worldwide release to get the glory, the puppet who made that ** happen was Cloud lmao

Also goddamn ABA looks ****ing amazing in Strive, even if I wish she still had red hair
1710995819075.png

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
God

I was looking for an old Ridley/K.Rool video that were to celebrate them getting into Smash the other day back from 2018, and while I found the channel, seems like both videos were killed for copyright reasons...

But then I decided to look through the dude's channel and

Hoo boy they're a certified "Smash Bros fan".

The four horsemen of Smash Brothers fans:

Fire Emblem hate rants

Grinch Leak Propoganda

Steve hate rants

Saying "Geno is the reason the west has RPGs at all."
I still want Geno in Smash, but I’m not with this guy. This guy is nuts. For the record I have acted like this in the past and I bare that as a mark of shame. It honestly makes me ashamed to just talk about a character I like and I really wish the discourse around smash speculation wasn’t so toxic.

Like, you do realize that it not mattering of a character is popular or not to get into smash actually helps Geno’s chances. FCS they remade the flippin game and it was frackin amazing! I just can’t deal with some of these people.

Shroob

Sup?
I still want Geno in Smash, but I’m not with this guy. This guy is nuts. For the record I have acted like this in the past and I bare that as a mark of shame. It honestly makes me ashamed to just talk about a character I like and I really wish the discourse around smash speculation wasn’t so toxic.

Like, you do realize that it not mattering of a character is popular or not to get into smash actually helps Geno’s chances. FCS they remade the flippin game and it was frackin amazing! I just can’t deal with some of these people.
I like Geno to a degree as well.

But there's a fine line between:

Geno fan

And

Geno fan(atic)

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I like Geno to a degree as well.

But there's a fine line between:

Geno fan

And

Geno fan(atic)
The line between fan and fanatic exists for everything and you never wanna go there. It makes you do ridiculous things. And I mean the classical definition of that word, “worthy of ridicule”.

The only arguments that matter for smash characters are A: are they cool and B: do they have something to advertise. And the second rule isn’t even the highest priority rule. People really just need to lighten up.

Though I will say it will forever sting a little that a select few characters missed out on the “Ultimate” smash roster, including some pretty big legacy requests. I get they can’t do everyone, but I feel like here was the place to prioritize if you know? Geno, Waluigi, Isaac, Krystal, Shovel Knight, Bandana Dee, Rhythm Heaven, probably a few more characters who I can’t think of off the top of my head. Sure some of them got squeezed in in places but idk. Really makes me want like… a directors cut or something.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
When I gassed up Decidueye for Ultimate and got disappointed when Incineroar showed up instead, it wasn't because I perceived Decidueye as somehow "more important". None of the popular arguments as to why it should be him were ones I agreed with, I just he'd be cooler.

Granted I still acted like a ****ing cringe ass loser clown over him and alienated a bunch of people in the process, but I'm past that now. I can live with the fact that Smash will never have the perfect roster in my eyes and enjoy it in spite of that

Last edited:

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
all because she wanted a taste of Marco’s burrito?
This is one of the greatest comments about Star Vs I've ever seen in my life

Star Vs is a cartoon that even if I'm not personally a fan, I'm extremely grateful it exists because the discourse surrounding it is so much goddamn fun to watch (so long as nobody's getting hurt anyway)

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
In Star Wars: The Acolyte, Yoda is the only familiar character to have a chance to appear in it but I have doubts that'll happen.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Beware, Princess Peach Showtime footage has been released a day early.

So, it is up to you either seeing the performance early or waiting to get an admission ticket yourself a day later.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Looking up discussions about the PMEX Remix successor REX is going to get confusing with people still wanting Xenoblade's Rex in the official Smash games.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Looking up discussions about the PMEX Remix successor REX is going to get confusing with people still wanting Xenoblade's Rex in the official Smash games.
That's the point. When the Nintendo Ninjas track them down, they'll have to deal with content involving wanting Rex from XC2 in Smash.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I get it, but ngl I prefer her pre-timeskip design. Also she's my favorite character of the bunch so I dread the day her writing falls down a cliff.

Though I heard Toei does her much, much worse.
Yeah, her design feels more distinct pre-time skip (I think it's the bangs).

Though I don't recall a part of the story where I'd call her writing bad - there are just some arcs where she doesn't do much.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, her design feels more distinct pre-time skip (I think it's the bangs).

Though I don't recall a part of the story where I'd call her writing bad - there are just some arcs where she doesn't do much.
Yeah, I'm primarily hearing that from anime only fans, and from what I understand the anime makes her a much worse character. So I hope the manga doesn't fall into that pit

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I get it, but ngl I prefer her pre-timeskip design. Also she's my favorite character of the bunch so I dread the day her writing falls down a cliff.

Though I heard Toei does her much, much worse.
I definitely agree that her pre-timeskip design is superior, like there's contest

I feel like her writing stays pretty consistent throughout the series though. The anime mostly adds scenes of her hitting the male characters when they get on her nerves, though I'd say it's justified when that someone is Sanji (his anime exclusive scenes are even worse, use your imagination)

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I definitely agree that her pre-timeskip design is superior, like there's contest

I feel like her writing stays pretty consistent throughout the series though. The anime mostly adds scenes of her hitting the male characters when they get on her nerves, though I'd say it's justified when that someone is Sanji (his anime exclusive scenes are even worse, use your imagination)
I mean I could imagine, I know Toei plays up the fanservice to 1000 which annoys some and is great for others. To my knowledge, OP is one of them to... mixed reception

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
See, all that's coming to mind are Tsareena and Delphox. Both of which have merch.

So am I just blanking on your true favorite mon here, or are you just bad at finding Poke-products 🤔
Favorite Pokemon is Tsareena, and chances are I'm looking in the wrong places.

I've looked on both the official Pokemon Center and Bulbapedia and no dice. Chances are Bulbapedia isn't the best at keeping track at merchandise and the Pokemon Center is showing basically no Alola merch since now we're in the Paldea era.

I'll probably need to find better places to find Tsaree merch, but at the very least I found some really cool Tsareena TCG cards on Bulba
1711039484240.png

Noipoi

Howdy!
Favorite Pokemon is Tsareena, and chances are I'm looking in the wrong places.

I've looked on both the official Pokemon Center and Bulbapedia and no dice. Chances are Bulbapedia isn't the best at keeping track at merchandise and the Pokemon Center is showing basically no Alola merch since now we're in the Paldea era.

I'll probably need to find better places to find Tsaree merch, but at the very least I found some really cool Tsareena TCG cards on Bulba
View attachment 386766
They don't have them on the website anymore, but they're real. And official.

Seek them out. Find them.

Top Bottom