• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
finishing P3R made me want to replay through P4G…forgot the downgrade in gameplay compared to 5/5R/5S and 3R now that I’m accustomed to those for good

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Nintendo shareholders: “where are all the games for your current system this year? We need something to make money”

Nintendo: “all we need is this:
IMG_9788.png

2024 is saved!

cashregister9

Smash Hero
There's no way in hell they'd do this, and even if they did, I guarantee you people would stick with OG Melee.
I mean there is no way in hell that Comp players will switch because you know they would patch out 1 bug that isn't actually used but people care about enough.

That is why Nintendo will port it straight and charge 60 dollars. Everyone(?) is happy

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
There's no way in hell they'd do this, and even if they did, I guarantee you people would stick with OG Melee.
Nah they definitely would do it. They heard the TYD outcries, they definitely know melee’s.

In their eyes it’s a $40 port they can shadow drop and get full control over the comp scene? Seems like easy money to me. Is it a guarantee? No, but it’s not impossible imo.

Either way, 100% fans will still complain lmao.

Shroob

Sup?
Nah they definitely would do it. They heard the TYD outcries, they definitely know melee’s.

In their eyes it’s a $40 port they can shadow drop and get full control over the comp scene? Seems like easy money to me. Is it a guarantee? No, but it’s not impossible imo.

Either way, 100% fans will still complain lmao.
I really doubt they will.

We've never had two Smash games on the same system that's not 64.

I feel like Nintendo is well aware that releasing another iteration of a multiplayer series would cannibalize their playerbase for the other game. Splatoon gets away with it, cause that's what shooters just do, but look at MK8. Lasted the entire Switch lifespan without MK9.

KillerCage

Smash Master
Cherish your time in Kazooie.

Dread Tooie.
Cherish Kazooie and Tooie.
Dread Nut & Bolts.
Sometimes I wish you could just tell other people in here to go screw themselves without getting a flaming warning. I’m sorry your weeb RPGs like fire emblem and Xenoblade don’t appeal to me and that Metroid, DK, Star Fox, and Kirby do. Apparently that makes me an angry 40 year old boomer even though I’m only 25. Of course I want the stuff I like to be bigger because then that means I get more stuff. And the thing I’m sick of is people like you acting like smug jackasses just because your favorite game has managed to sell more units. And I’m tired of you waving that around like it’s some sort of validation. Like “yeah my game succeeded the most in the evil exploitative capitalist world economy so it’s better than yours”! La de ****ing da.

Watch what you're saying!

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Okay I completely missed that earlier Snake comment Jesus Christ girl please touch some grass and take an ibuprofen

Anyway, uh

Still debating if I wanna get New Horizons.

What's this dlc about? Does it add anything like furniture and **** to the main game?

Noipoi

Howdy!
Okay I completely missed that earlier Snake comment Jesus Christ girl please touch some grass and take an ibuprofen

Anyway, uh

Still debating if I wanna get New Horizons.

What's this dlc about? Does it add anything like furniture and **** to the main game?
Member Happy Home Designer?

That’s the dlc :nifty:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Ngl doh, It is true that sometimes I am scared of sharing certain stuff here specifically out of fear of people finding It too uncool or something like that.

One example is that I've been sitting for a really long time on sharing with ya'll my review of Super Mario RPG because I know people such as Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen to name someone aren't really huge on It and have... Shared really strong views on It.

Now, that doesn't mean I hate anybody here: ya'll are awesome people with a lot of talents and strength Who want to help improve the world. That's amazing and admirable, and I have nothing but respect for ya'll as such.

But yeah... I don't wanna get on anybody's wrong side just for talking about a game they really don't enjoy at all.
As others said, don't worry about the opinions of others. Hell, one of my irls who I'm close enough with that he considers me a sister is in a similar boat, he doesn't really like games and shows with complex stories and characters, he adores Mario and Banjo Kazooie and you know what I think of him? I see him as a brother. Anyone telling you that you're not allowed to talk about something as inoffensive as that needs to **** off, true friends are 100% fine with their buddies having different opinions. Hell, one of my lovers and I massively disagree whether or not Metroid Dread is godlike or dog**** but we don't love each other any less for it

Jondolio

Smash Hero
As others said, don't worry about the opinions of others. Hell, one of my irls who I'm close enough with that he considers me a sister is in a similar boat, he doesn't really like games and shows with complex stories and characters, he adores Mario and Banjo Kazooie and you know what I think of him? I see him as a brother. Anyone telling you that you're not allowed to talk about something as inoffensive as that needs to ** off, true friends are 100% fine with their buddies having different opinions. Hell, one of my lovers and I massively disagree whether or not Metroid Dread is godlike or dog** but we don't love each other any less for it
Adding to this, only two of the people in my friend group can be considered "gamers" (one of whom has completely different tastes than mine) and some of my friends won't touch them with a ten foot pole. That doesn't make them any less my friends, they're like family to me and I wouldn't trade them for the world.

Now to be fair my closest friends are the people who I used to game with into the night, which are the two I mentioned plus one other friend who doesn't play games anymore cause he's too busy, but that has less to do with our shared tastes and moreso with our shared experiences together. I didn't talk to most of my friend group throughout high school aside from these three, but they were like siblings to me in those times and are still like siblings to me now

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Also today I learned Yzma was voiced by Eartha Kitt so yeah.

Happy Black History Month (but fr she had quite the life, read up on her if you get the chance)
Eartha Kitt was an amazing singer and actor. She was famous back in the day and for good reason.

Among her acting roles, she also voiced another great villain from a certain Nickelodeon show:

StormC

Smash Hero
crazy to realize that Metroid Prime 4 is likely gonna pull a BOTW by being on Switch 1 and Switch 2
I think this was inevitable when it wasn't announced in the Fall Direct last year. If Prime 4 was coming as a Switch-only title, they were definitely gonna reveal it instead of ending the Direct with another Mario remake (and I say this as someone way more excited about TTYD than Prime 4).

Jotadé

Smash Journeyman
As others said, don't worry about the opinions of others. Hell, one of my irls who I'm close enough with that he considers me a sister is in a similar boat, he doesn't really like games and shows with complex stories and characters, he adores Mario and Banjo Kazooie and you know what I think of him? I see him as a brother. Anyone telling you that you're not allowed to talk about something as inoffensive as that needs to ** off, true friends are 100% fine with their buddies having different opinions. Hell, one of my lovers and I massively disagree whether or not Metroid Dread is godlike or dog** but we don't love each other any less for it
Thank you so much Gwen! Glad to read so about your lover and your friend! ^^

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Forgot to remind people but don’t forget!!!

RPG Maker XP is free on steam until the 18th. While most of its content comes from notable packs, its biggest value is free.

That being it’s the version all Pokemon fan games use with essentials. So you can fully have access to any fan game if you want to debug it, get stuck due to a glitch, etc.

Or if you want to have fun and make your own fan game. Definitely not a deal you should miss imo.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Forgot to remind people but don’t forget!!!

RPG Maker XP is free on steam until the 18th. While most of its content comes from notable packs, its biggest value is free.

That being it’s the version all Pokemon fan games use with essentials. So you can fully have access to any fan game if you want to debug it, get stuck due to a glitch, etc.

Or if you want to have fun and make your own fan game. Definitely not a deal you should miss imo.
God I need to stop procrastinating and get a laptop. I'd really love to get a piece of that action.

Reactions: Z25

BritishGuy54

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, thinking back to the cut argument last night, it does beg to question one thing.

Assuming Switch 2 is backwards compatible, why would someone jump ship from Ultimate to the next iteration. Assuming we're probably looking at a good amount of cuts, that's gonna be a question they'll have to figure out sooner than later. I feel like, in terms of content, the next game is going to be fighting a uphill battle if it has to live in Ultimate's shadow.

Feels like it's either one of three scenarios:

1# They pull a Splatoon and just do it anyway, throwing caution to the wind

2# They pull a MK8/New Leaf and give extremely late in its life DLC to Ultimate

3# There's actually no new Smash at all, which seems hella unlikely since we've had one for every major console generation since the N64
I don’t feel like it’s any of these scenarios. But it will be this one:

4. Business as usual. Traditional sequel.

It’s happened before. Melee to Brawl. Brawl to Wii U. I think the next game doesn’t have to surpass Ultimate. I don’t even think any form of next game can surpass Ultimate’s success, be it an enhanced port, traditional sequel, or reboot.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Nintendo shareholders: “where are all the games for your current system this year? We need something to make money”

Nintendo: “all we need is this:
View attachment 384978
2024 is saved!
I dont even think theyll patch the bugs out (i mean gamecrashing bugs sure and maybe the masterhand one)
But when it comes to all the beloved competetive bugs they probably know if they patch those the game would be worthless to the competetive scene!
I see them potentially cutting wobbling and falling/clippin through stages? But movement and wavedashing that HAS to stay!

But honestly a straight port is the right option! like nintendo rarely touches game bugs in ports like even the missing BLJ in SM64 was because that was the patched japanese version that came out YEARS before the blj was iconic! And OOT 3d kept in a lot of the "features" i could see them just dropping normal meele pricing it lower and bam nintendo solved tons of their problems with that secen while earning money!

Reactions: Z25

BritishGuy54

Smash Journeyman
If we do end up getting a Direct (and Pokémon Presents), I’ll predict this stuff to be announced this year.

Mario & Sonic Paris 2024 - Sega has the rights again.

Mario Party 12 (or Superstars 2) - It’s about time. NDCube will get one out this year.

Pokémon BW remakes - No one wants these now thanks to BDSP, but GF will just outsource it again.

Top Bottom