• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Transphobia fr rots people's brains. I was watching a video about jellyfish and read the comments cause you know, I like jellyfish, and they were all about how the biologist was trans and making the same generic transphobic remarks. On a vid about jellyfish. Which her entire account revolves around (she barely brings up her gender identity iirc).

Oh and also the vids where I see an athletic lady with muscles and the comments are the same. Oh except they're all cisgendered, so not only are they transphobic but they're also incorrect in their assumptions.

Instagram reels sucks, that site needs to get nuked.

Shroob

Sup?
Transphobia fr rots people's brains. I was watching a video about jellyfish and read the comments cause you know, I like jellyfish, and they were all about how the biologist was trans and making the same generic transphobic remarks. On a vid about jellyfish. Which her entire account revolves around (she barely brings up her gender identity iirc).

Oh and also the vids where I see an athletic lady with muscles and the comments are the same. Oh except they're all cisgendered, so not only are they transphobic but they're also incorrect in their assumptions.

"Perhaps the same could be said of all social media."

I try not to make light of the subject but, social media in general just kinda sucks.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
"Perhaps the same could be said of all social media."

I try not to make light of the subject but, social media in general just kinda sucks.
Oh I agree with that it's just Instagram Reels in particular is swarmed with Andrew Tate disciples and the "dark humor" 14 year olds more than any other site. Which is a shame because there are some cool vids there that I enjoy watching there and sometimes the comments have cool tidbits.

Since most are teenagers I hope they look back at that in a couple of years and realize how awful and embarassing they were. But idk man... some of these are grown ass men...

Shroob

Sup?
Oh I agree with that it's just Instagram Reels in particular is swarmed with Andrew Tate disciples and the "dark humor" 14 year olds more than any other site. Which is a shame because there are some cool vids there that I enjoy watching there and sometimes the comments have cool tidbits.

Since most are teenagers I hope they look back at that in a couple of years and realize how awful and embarassing they were. But idk man... some of these are grown ass men...
Come now P.

You know that's crazy talk.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I knew about the streamer awards beforehand

but I just learned that the actual awards are Golden Pepe the Frogs

Come now P.

You know that's crazy talk.
It happens with teens more than you'd think. I knew people who were quite transphobic and homophobic in Middle and High School but later came to regret their previous words and ended up either coming out themselves or becoming supportive allies. Hell I used to be an asshole at age 14 and said some **** I regret.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
You left your edgy phase
And have started your weeb phase a year or 2 ago

Congratulations.

:nifty:
Yeah, somehow I did the whole weeb to edgelord pipeline backwards (I hated anime before my senior year of HS, which is when I became more of a lefty).

You know what didn't help was being raised religious, I mean I still believe in God and consider myself a Christian but woo boy. There's a reason why I stopped going to church.

What REALLY didn't help was the YouTube algorithm back in 2016. ifkyk

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?

Honestly this is a phenomenon worth studying.
Joking aside

Horomes.

When you're a kid, you like cool **** usually, and when you get older you realize you're lonely and nothing can fill that hole but you're socially inept.

That or you're a discord mod.

Yeah, somehow I did the whole weeb to edgelord pipeline backwards (I hated anime before my senior year of HS, which is when I became more of a lefty).

You know what didn't help was being raised religious, I mean I still believe in God and consider myself a Christian but woo boy. There's a reason why I stopped going to church.

What REALLY didn't help was the YouTube algorithm back in 2016. ifkyk
Every time I think of Youtube Algorithm ****ery I just think of Elsagate but that was long after 2016.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Joking aside

Horomes.

When you're a kid, you like cool **** usually, and when you get older you realize you're lonely and nothing can fill that hole but you're socially inept.

That or you're a discord mod.
Or you're 32 from Washington and talking on Smashboards.com.
But then you actually got a SO so maybe I can't talk anymore. Consider yourself lucky

Every time I think of Youtube Algorithm ****ery I just think of Elsagate but that was long after 2016.
Elsagate was 2017, 2016 is when the algorithm was all FEMINIST DESTROYED, GHOSTBUSTERS GOES WOKE, RAGING FEMINIST HAS A MENTAL BREAKDOWN, ATTACK HELICOPTER.

Also coincided with an election year with one candidate having some... outspoken views and very large fandom.

Shroob

Sup?
But then you actually got a SO so maybe I can't talk anymore. Consider yourself lucky

Elsagate was 2017, 2016 is when the algorithm was all FEMINIST DESTROYED, GHOSTBUSTERS GOES WOKE, RAGING FEMINIST HAS A MENTAL BREAKDOWN, ATTACK HELICOPTER.

Also coincided with an election year with one candidate having some... outspoken views and very large fandom.
Are ya ready for round 3?

I'm not.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Gawr Gura sang Diggy Diggy Hole by the Yogscast.

now I just need to hear Miku sing it and I’ll be very happy :> maybe I’ll make a Miku cover sometime if I’m not too lazy. I’m also still a newb to tuning her since I haven’t really used her voicebank much outside of the Spamiku stuff, but mayhaps someday I’ll be an epic Miku producer person.

“Brothers of the mine rejoice! (Swing, swing, swing with me!) Raise your pick and raise your voice! (Sing, sing, sing with me!)”

Jondolio

Smash Hero
There's an entire genre of terminally online people called "transvestigators" and they're basically conspiracy theorists who claim that your favorite celebrity is deceiving you and that they're actually trans. It's almost funny

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
There's an entire genre of terminally online people called "transvestigators" and they're basically conspiracy theorists who claim that your favorite celebrity is deceiving you and that they're actually trans. It's almost funny
I'm well aware if them but the ones I'm referring to in particular aren't even celebs, they're just... athletic.

Like I know they're conspiracy nuts but how bored do you have to be to make an accusation on some girl with 10k followers because she swims good? Like y'all don't got a life? A job? A family? (I hope not)

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I'm well aware if them but the ones I'm referring to in particular aren't even celebs, they're just... athletic.

Like I know they're conspiracy nuts but how bored do you have to be to make an accusation on some girl with 10k followers because she swims good? Like y'all don't got a life? A job? A family? (I hope not)
Yeah that still tracks, transphobes are ****ing clowns and will accuse any woman who isn't conventionally attractive in their eyes of being trans even when they claim to be standing up for women's rights. That's what beta behavior looks like

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Out of curiosity, is the 90s X-Men animated series still worth watching today? I'm debating about adding it to my binge-watch list.

I never really had much attachment to the characters to be honest, so them being missing in MvCI wasn't as bothersome as no Mega Man in MvC3 to me.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Thoughts on Skyler White?
View attachment 385027
Skyler is such a cool character cause while yes, she's controlling, doesn't want to look bad, can be hypocritical and does objectively bad things, this applies to every major character in the show. She's stressed because her loving husband is dying and suddenly becoming very distant to the point of missing the birth of their daughter, keeping secrets and **** which is a perfectly normal reaction. She's also pretty damn smart cause more often than not, she's right, as a book keeper, what she has to say about the IRS and Walter needing to stick to a story instead of buying expensive booze and cars is just right as she doesn't want him to get Al Capone'd. When she tries to get Ted to pay the IRS, she does something Walter is unable to do until the final episode, swallow her pride for the sake of others. I swear, some people do not deserve Breaking Bad if they look at all these complex characters and only hate The Woman for doing **** everyone else does.

It's why people say transphobia doesn't just harm trans people, it hurts everyone, there's already countless stories of cis women being forced out of bathrooms for looking too masculine for white beauty standards, there's already cis women who have been beaten up for secretly being trans when they're not just for their looks and there's countless parents seeing their precious darling lose a children's sport competition accuse the winner of secretly being trans and demanding genital inspection of kids. I may be biased but I don't think sexually harassing kids or threatening/beating/killing women is worth it
Out of curiosity, is the 90s X-Men animated series still worth watching today? I'm debating about adding it to my binge-watch list.

I never really had much attachment to the characters to be honest, so them being missing in MvCI wasn't as bothersome as no Mega Man in MvC3 to me.
I could never finish the show but from what I remember, the writing holds up well, the general anti bigotry themes X Men goes for are very blatant and I can never forget how Magneto explains his holocaust experience, hope you enjoy it

StormC

Smash Hero

Personally, I think X-Men has had better shows since, like Evolution. I've never been big on 90s X-Men but it has some merits for sure.

That said, it's far better than 90s Spider-Man. I have never liked that show and I'm a much bigger Spider-Man fan than X-Men.

Jotadé

Smash Journeyman
The X-Men '97 headwriter referencing that one line from She-Hulk:
GGlF--1WwAE9qDZ.jpg

He also did Star Trek Strange New Worlds and the first Season of The Witcher as well, so I'd say we are in great hands.

Oof, I remember those days, yeah. It was extremely easy to fall down among those kinds of Youtubers, and since we were teens and didn't know any better we thought they were just another iDubbz, I Hate Everything or Pyrocynical.
I admit I used to watch a few of them back in the day: Diversity & Comics or Midnight Edge for example.

Thankfully, I grew up and thanks to the support of close persons and this site I learnt that they were just clowns with audience who spread bs.

Imo, those kinds of persons need to touch grass. I doubt the writers of say Moon Girl & Devil Dinosaur or Transformers Earthspark care enough to try to "brainwash the youth" or some other dumb stuff the youtubers claim. They are just normal people working on a TV show for a living.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
The Super Smash Bros. Brawl mod PMEX Remix has ended development and a new mod called REX will pick up where it left off later this year. Here's the teaser trailer:

Wait; Vectorman...freaking Vectorman is in this? Man, I have to try PMEX as well as the new REX mod when it comes out.

Top Bottom