• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Beetlejuice, Wicked Witch of the West, Freddy Krueger, and Walter White

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
They finally gave Cheren and Bianca alts and they look great!
More Unova after a Gen 5 heavy last month and already having a Part 1 & 2 NC event in December is slightly disappointing to me, but I like both characters and they were well overdue for alts at least. Hopefully the rest of the month will be more interesting (IMO).

:drshrug:

Reactions: Z25

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Never before has a Taiko no Tatsujin drop ever been as directly targeted towards me. A great Sentai opening and one of my top 5 favorite vocaloid songs of all time

TaikoTargeted.png

Tragically, I am nowhere close to any up to date Japanese Taiko arcade machines.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

'KUNG FU PANDA 5' should release in "at least 3 years," says director.

I still wish we got the Kung Fu Panda we originally would've gotten had it not been for studio interferences.

I still stand Zhen should have just been a persona the Chameleon was using which would've been a surprising twist and it being about Po and Tai Lung (Also giving him a redemption arc and making amends with Shifu at the end) having to work together to stop her. Also giving the message as Shifu warned Po not to trust others and the film ending with his choosing his successor for the dragon warrior (Perhaps another panda).

The Black Omen

Smash Rookie
Blake's Seven is so good. Watching the episode with the big red spider rn. Look at it go! Tee hee.

Every episode ends so suddenly. Like, they just abruptly get the ship back through lies, luck, and a bit of stupidity. Great show.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Chameleon's reason for villainy is because she wasn't allowed to do kung fu due to her size.

Meanwhile Mantis

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
She was in another part of the country being taught by different teachers. Maybe Oogwai was more tolerant than whoever she went to for teaching.

Like… they don’t need to explain every plot hole in the movie.
I agree that every minor nitpick doesn't need to be explained but uhhh

Nah. Without any extra context the Chameleon's backstory just comes off as stupid, and as if whoever wrote this movie had little knowledge or care for the other KFP films to miss something so obvious. If they even took just a second to explain that The Jade Palace had different rules, I could let it slide.

But they didn't. So as it stands, with the information I have to work off of as given to me by the film...it's stupid :nifty:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Pokémon masters dropping one of the hardest pictures of all time:
This is honestly more hype for me than the Neo Champion event. lol

While I'm bummed that I probably won't have the Gems to pull Larry, there's always a chance we'll get an Elite 4 alt of him with a Flying type Pokemon later down the line.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Lowkey though, 100% would have taken up the landlord on his offer on everything but the weed part.

I miss having friends over and just playing multiplayer games. Now everything's online and soo impersonal.
Tough **** dude, now you're an adult where you'll find you enjoy cleaning, share household tips with friends, ask where they got that nice cupboard from and be genuinely grateful when getting socks as a birthday present

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Lowkey though, 100% would have taken up the landlord on his offer on everything but the weed part.

I miss having friends over and just playing multiplayer games. Now everything's online and soo impersonal.
I'm glad he specifically wants to drink DI-ET soda, because for some reason I feel like it gives me more energy than the regular kind.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
She was in another part of the country being taught by different teachers. Maybe Oogwai was more tolerant than whoever she went to for teaching.

Like… they don’t need to explain every plot hole in the movie.
Did the movie ever explained that? I never recalled that being the case.

And if that was the case, why didn't Chameleon simply just move to the Valley of Peace?

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Dunno if you remember, but I had a 2nd Nina drawing that I cooked up. This is it. I think this one looks A LOT better than the last one. I'll have to try and work on making my faces more like in this piece.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
"I believe I can fly" and "Jingle Bells, Batman smells" for me

Though the second one predates the BTAS cartoon but nobody seems sure what the origin for it is

The origin of the FBI one is even more nebulous
I see this and it makes me just want another season of Batman: The Brave and the Bold.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
It's probably not gonna happen but I hope Mike or whatever his name or DreamWorks in general lets the original director who was going to do KFP4 do the next two films. Would be great to have the tones of the first two films again.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Time to start Chapter 5, hopefully Chapter 4 being good means I'm through the worst of it, wonder what this new partner's gonna be like

"I miss my wife, Mario"

Oh
Did you pick up the optional partner after chapter 4?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
What the **** is a smurf ice cream
Apparantly it's called blue moon in the us? It's blue, like the smurfs
Did you pick up the optional partner after chapter 4?
I know jack **** about this game, I haven't gotten on the boat yet but I didn't know there was an optional partner. ****, for all the cultural osmosis through Nintentubers gassing this game up, it took me like 5 years to learn there were partners other than Vivian, I guess it makes sense she's more popular than the others so far

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Apparantly it's called blue moon in the us? It's blue, like the smurfs

I know jack ** about this game, I haven't gotten on the boat yet but I didn't know there was an optional partner. **, for all the cultural osmosis through Nintentubers gassing this game up, it took me like 5 years to learn there were partners other than Vivian, I guess it makes sense she's more popular than the others so far
The optional partner highkey sucks in combat and their on field ability is really only useful for 100%, but they do have a healing ability which kinda rules late game.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
The optional partner highkey sucks in combat and their on field ability is really only useful for 100%, but they do have a healing ability which kinda rules late game.
That's neat, gonna tell me where to get em? Either way Vivian's gonna stay out, she did 5 damage per turn counting burn damage and can hit ****in anything without spending FP so unless those other two are that crazy she's probably my go to damage dealer

Top Bottom