• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
That's neat, gonna tell me where to get em? Either way Vivian's gonna stay out, she did 5 damage per turn counting burn damage and can hit ****in anything without spending FP so unless those other two are that crazy she's probably my go to damage dealer
Here’s a tip for the optional partner:
Complete the mystery Trouble Center Request.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
That's neat, gonna tell me where to get em? Either way Vivian's gonna stay out, she did 5 damage per turn counting burn damage and can hit ****in anything without spending FP so unless those other two are that crazy she's probably my go to damage dealer
Iirc they're one if the sidequests on the help board under "Elusive Badge" or something like that.

Also Bobbery's even stronger in terms of sheer damage, but he's an FP guzzler.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm very likely not going to put many hours in MultiVersus until there's a better deal.

No way in hell a single character is $10.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Ooooh **** Slayer's theme just dropped, Ups and Downs is so ****ing good, I missed this fun blend of rock and jazz
Iirc they're one if the sidequests on the help board under "Elusive Badge" or something like that.

Also Bobbery's even stronger in terms of sheer damage, but he's an FP guzzler.
Damn, I don't feel like having to use Sweet Treat often or buying a bunch of items so Vivian it is then

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Apparantly it's called blue moon in the us? It's blue, like the smurfs

I know jack ** about this game, I haven't gotten on the boat yet but I didn't know there was an optional partner. **, for all the cultural osmosis through Nintentubers gassing this game up, it took me like 5 years to learn there were partners other than Vivian, I guess it makes sense she's more popular than the others so far
I’d recommend it as their battle powers are good. Go to the help center and there should be a quest relating to an unfindable badge or something similar.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'll try to work on some new Merch/clothes designs soon-ish something summer themed.

I'm very likely not going to put many hours in MultiVersus until there's a better deal.

From what I've seen most of the changes they've made was for the worse, and there's a lot of bugs. It's like WB games can't help but mess things up chasing those damned microtransactions. At least KI was a full game you could just buy. I don't get why the launch roster couldn't just be a physical game and work from there.

Mortal Kombat might the only thing they've released that's a outright full game but even that is still plagued by it, and it's terrible Switch port compared to MK11's.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Only played for about two hours yesterday, but the rift mode is a great way to earn the fighter, already had enough to purchase someone, but I had the fighters unlocked already and tickets, so I didn’t need to use it yet. So I’d definitely recommend that if you’re trying to unlock them. Seems to be an easier system than something like brawlhalla. Devs already responded to a lot of feedback on what changes fan wanted, so they may make this process even easier to unlock the roster without paying, as the main goal is definitely to sell skins.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'll try to work on some new Merch/clothes designs soon-ish something summer themed.

From what I've seen most of the changes they've made was for the worse, and there's a lot of bugs. It's like WB games can't help but mess things up chasing those damned microtransactions. At least KI was a full game you could just buy. I don't get why the launch roster couldn't just be a physical game and work from there.

Mortal Kombat might the only thing they've released that's a outright full game but even that is still plagued by it, and it's terrible Switch port compared to MK11's.
Yeah, KI is definitely a way better example on how to do a F2P fighter. And I'm honestly not hopeful of MultiVersus ever rebalancing the monetization.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
I've been pretty transparent with the fact that Icona Pop and Nine Inch Nails are my favorite musical artists overall.

They're certainly my favorite musical duos.

As for my favorite band, if we don't count NIN's live performances as a band then I'm giving it to Boys Like Girls. Not really for any special emotional reason, they're just a band I find myself constantly going back to for both their hits and their deep cuts.

And for solo artist, I'd probably give it to Elton John after some heavy thinking. He's been an artist my family has loved for as long as he's been working and that just passed down to me.

I'm curious to know everyone else's favorites.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Update on that potentially leaked Multiversus character from yesterday. This new evidence has me questioning if it’s actually new or old data even more:

This has me skeptical because we don’t know if they want to do echos still, so we have no idea of pickle rick is actually in the game still. I guess that still doesn’t rule Ruby out, as maybe she’s been done and rights are locked in and they are just holding onto her, with lines being recorded for everyone against her. Odd that only pickle Rick has lines left for her though. So it’s 50:50 right now imo.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yeah, KI is definitely a way better example on how to do a F2P fighter. And I'm honestly not hopeful of MultiVersus ever rebalancing the monetization.
Given WB's (hell, just a large chunk of the western AAA game space) recent track record outside of Netherealm's games I don't have much hope MultiVersus will be around for long at all. Which is why I wish it at least had or will get a physical release that the Nick Brawl games got.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I've been pretty transparent with the fact that Icona Pop and Nine Inch Nails are my favorite musical artists overall.

As for my favorite band, if we don't count NIN's live performances as a band then I'm giving it to Boys Like Girls. Not really for any special emotional reason, they're just a band I find myself constantly going back to for both their hits and their deep cuts.

And for solo artist, I'd probably give it to Elton John after some heavy thinking. He's been an artist my family has loved for as long as he's been working and that just passed down to me.

Weird Al Yankovic.

That is all.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Like favorite artist or band?

Cause Band id probably Bon Jovi.

Artist, atm is Tyler the Creator and Kendrick Lamar

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Update on that potentially leaked Multiversus character from yesterday. This new evidence has me questioning if it’s actually new or old data even more:

This has me skeptical because we don’t know if they want to do echos still, so we have no idea of pickle rick is actually in the game still. I guess that still doesn’t rule Ruby out, as maybe she’s been done and rights are locked in and they are just holding onto her, with lines being recorded for everyone against her. Odd that only pickle Rick has lines left for her though. So it’s 50:50 right now imo.
Knowing how they do skins… pickle rick is probably one of those.

Reactions: Z25

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 will you list them all? we wanna hear your musical taste.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Bro the US is not real what do you MEAN they're like the only place that doesn't use A4 paper sheets and that Ronald ****ing Reagan is to blame
I had to learn this the hard way in one of my Graphic Design courses

A4 isn't even that much different than US Letter, I don't know why we are like this.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Your favorite bands and solo musicians.
…. Ummm…. I mostly just listen to video game music and YouTube comedy musicians. Like ERB and Rhett and Link…. Plus songs from musicals/movie musicals/musical episodes of tv shows… I don’t really listen to just… songs that would be played on like… the radio…

Noipoi

Howdy!
I’m the kind of person who hears a song that sounds good in the radio then immediately looks for a remix on YouTube of it that makes it sound like sonic music and then only listens to that version.
Alright I’m not that far gone. Theres a lot of “normal” music I enjoy too.

I’m just also predisposed to weirdo ****.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Something to keep in mind regarding Rick and Morty is that in the beta all of their lines were taken from the show. With the full release they got new actors.
I assume the same is with Pickle Rick, who may still come out as a skin.
So the lines are definitely newer. But how newer?
Actually that’s a really good point…

it took AS at least half a year to find the voices it seems, then I think it was like 3 months to re record anything they needed to and record for the rest of the last season. That would mean these line were recorded likely in the last 6-8 months if I had to guess. Probably sometime after they finished the season. So it’s definitely a more recent time frame, so maybe pickle rick is just a skin now, or still planned as a separate character, or it was the later and might be the former now. Just depends I guess. I would say that makes the odds of Ruby being locked in higher than lower currently then.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
My music taste is mostly just video game and anime music. I'm very passionate about video game music, I think some games have soundtracks that go insanely hard and get me really hyped up.

I tried to get into more normal music and like... It's good, but I don't feel nearly as passionate about it. And my family is completely different in that regard because my dad goes to Bruce Springsteen concerts nearly annually and both of my sisters want to be musicians and they have very well defined tastes while I listen to Pokémon soundtracks on repeat

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I was going to make a big favorite albums of all time list, but that is hard so here is just my top 15 musical artists, which was also hard but easier to quantify a little bit.
1. King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard
2. Green Day
3. Tally Hall
4. Gorillaz
5. They Might Be Giants
6. Toby Fox
7. Daft Punk
8. MF DOOM
9. Lemon Demon
10. Jeff Rosenstock
11. Weezer
12. Bjork
13. De La Soul
14. blink-182
15. Asian Kung-fu Generation

REALLY not beating the white guy with brown hair and glasses who likes Nintendo games allegations.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I was going to make a big favorite albums of all time list, but that is hard so here is just my top 15 musical artists, which was also hard but easier to quantify a little bit.
2. Green Day
3. Tally Hall
4. Gorillaz
5. They Might Be Giants
6. Toby Fox
7. Daft Punk
8. MF DOOM
9. Lemon Demon
10. Jeff Rosenstock
11. Weezer
12. Bjork
13. De La Soul
14. blink-182

REALLY not beating the white guy with brown hair and glasses who likes Nintendo games allegations.
But do you have the Zelda t-shirt and khaki shorts combo?

cashregister9

Smash Hero
2. Green Day
3. Tally Hall
4. Gorillaz
5. They Might Be Giants
6. Toby Fox
7. Daft Punk
8. MF DOOM
9. Lemon Demon
10. Jeff Rosenstock
11. Weezer
12. Bjork
13. De La Soul
14. blink-182

I already hate this list because I forgot some big ones like A Tribe Called Quest and BiSH. And probably some others that escaped my mind when making this list.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
2. Green Day
3. Tally Hall
4. Gorillaz
5. They Might Be Giants
6. Toby Fox
7. Daft Punk
8. MF DOOM
9. Lemon Demon
10. Jeff Rosenstock
11. Weezer
12. Bjork
13. De La Soul
14. blink-182

MF Doom is barely saving you from the allegations, now if you put Eminem then yeah I'm sorry man.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I got a question to you all. We were all strange as kids. What were things that you actually believed when you were younger?

For me I used to think dinosaurs (Not counting birds) were somehow still alive despite never seeing any. I also used to think the Old World both Europe and Asia was still like what it was during the Middle Ages. Lol.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Also in relation to voice lines, these leaked Rick ones are surprisingly wholesome for this underbaked fighter ( a fighter everyone k n about still)
This is actually kinda jarring why is he so nice to them lmao

Top Bottom