• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I was making plans to save up for a trip to the Amazon rainforest right before my egg crack. Since then so much of my money has gone into things like treatment and things like clothes instead...so that plan is postponed indefinitely until after I've finished my transition.

It's fine though, it gives me time to sharpen my photography skills in the mean time.

KillerCage

Smash Master
Finally saw "The Fall Guy" this afternoon.

It's currently the best I've watched from this year beating out Dune Part 2 and Godzilla X Kong: The New Empire.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
MultiVersus doesn't have an option to buy the whole roster in one purchase?

Lame.
Probably because they don’t have a true end to to the roster and there is probably some law somewhere, that would prevent them from selling a technically incomplete roster, or having people pay for a package they aren’t aware of the full value of.

Although people that did have founder packs could get character tokens to get either the starter roster or even more characters than that without any extra purchase. So maybe there is nothing that stops them from letting people buy the roster as is.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
In other news I've been listening to audiobooks at work. First I listened to The Lord of the Rings trilogy and then The Hobbit. I'd seen the movies before but now that I'm now familiar with the books I'm starting to hyperfixate a bit.

My favorite part is when Smaug said "it's Smaugon Time" and then used Dragon Dance 6 times and swept the enemy team

The Black Omen

Smash Rookie
Something's just dawned on me. How come the Switch's docking thing is this big plastic brick when it could've looked like the Wii U's little charging dock? That's my big hope for the Switch successor. It'd be so much easier to transport (my parents are divorced) and I'd be able to play it with friends more often.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Something's just dawned on me. How come the Switch's docking thing is this big plastic brick when it could've looked like the Wii U's little charging dock? That's my big hope for the Switch successor. It'd be so much easier to transport (my parents are divorced) and I'd be able to play it with friends more often.
To hide the screen when not in use, just so it wouldn't look even a smidgen like the Wii U.

We laugh about it now and it even gets some appreciation, but back in the mid 2010s that console was a plague that needed to be avoided at all costs :202:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
As of yesterday, I've just started the Thousand Year Door remake.

I've only gotten to the beginning of Chapter 1 so far, but I'm already noticing a ton of updates and differences, and the new quality of life features like the Battle Master Toad. And while it's been a while since I've played the original game, I swear tons of characters have way more expressions and animations than they did in the original. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Noipoi

Howdy!
It seems the thread has been warped back to 2009. Let me get in character…

Man, I sure do love playing New Super Mario Bros Wii. You guys see that How to Train your Dragon movie coming out next year? It looks dope.

If only there was a Nintendo game that let me catch and train my own dragons 🤔

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So, there actually is a pretty big indirect Danger/Peril strat nerf in TTYD.

Power Bounce's 4th hit is on a SINGLE frame window.

I swear that was always the case, but I guess they really didn't want people cheesing the game

Edit: wait does PM have just frames now? Does that make it a Tekken game?

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I haven't played any video games in a while. TTYD Switch release is really getting me to do so again!

Still gotta get my copy!

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
They added bots to the local vs. mode! Nice!

Wait.... where's the Arcade mode.... did they get rid of the Arcade Mode?
I assume the new rifts mode is the Arcade Mode under a new coat of paint.

Although the two play differently (To use Smash terms, Arcade is more similar to Classic Mode while Rifts is more akin to Event mode)

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
It seems the thread has been warped back to 2009. Let me get in character…

Man, I sure do love playing New Super Mario Bros Wii. You guys see that How to Train your Dragon movie coming out next year? It looks dope.

If only there was a Nintendo game that let me catch and train my own dragons 🤔
Boy do I have the game for you

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So it may be due to having a stronger computer since I last played Multiversus but this game is running a lot smoother.

They also added dash attacks, thank God the game felt so stiff without them.

Top Bottom