• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm a 1997 kid. I do not remember my early childhood that well.

I was nonverbal at first and I really loved Tomas the Tank Engine, legos and Dora the Explorer. And I was very, very close with my younger sister by about a year - we're still close today, but not as much as we used to be.

My memories start to pick up around 3rd grade when my bullying at school started to become severe and my life at home started to become less stable which was...great. Of course that's the part I remember.
That actually reminds me, how many of you guys actually left your country? I know us Israelis travel a lot probably because we'd rather be anywhere else but I'm curious as to how things are for other countries
Never, unfortunately. My parents were cheapskates and my mom was scared of flying, so I spent most of my life never leaving Arizona, outside of occasional trips to Disneyland / Zion Park / Las Vegas.

We were right on the border of Mexico and I would have liked to see it but my parents didn't seem to care that much. Shrug. Maybe I'll go one day.

Last edited:

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
To this day I still wonder how Super Paper Mario would have been received if it kept The Thousand Year Door's battle system (turn-based, stage and audience, remixes of the battle theme and all) while also still having the exact same story as the final game.
Unironically, it would be considered the best in the franchise, especially if the more annoying levels like 7-3 were less tedious.

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
Oh hey the year I was born is 2004

Isn't that silly? Isn't that insanely wacky
That actually reminds me, how many of you guys actually left your country? I know us Israelis travel a lot probably because we'd rather be anywhere else but I'm curious as to how things are for other countries
Never, unfornately. I wanna go to Japan maybe someday(tm) as a tourist for a week or two, but thats expenssiveeee

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Lord
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
DUDE I HAD THAT EXACT RUG AS A KID!

I'd get my toy cars out and pretend they were driving along the road. Lots of hospital trips for some reason.

And I remember having a little CRT TV with a built-in VHS player. Much Blue's Clues was watched.

I also fondly remember my brother sticking a peanut butter and jelly sandwich into the VHS player because he wanted to see it on TV.
ezgif-2-016a07b13d.gif

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I've travelled painfully little. Here's a map of all the places I've been (the circle is around where I live, the dots are places i've visited)
where did you go.png

I was like five when I went down to south Carolina, btw. I've never been to Philadelphia, never been to NYC, never been further west than Erie PA, and obviously never left the country. I've basically spent the last nineteen years trapped in my irrelevant hillbilly town.

:mega:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
What I'm learning from the responses to my question is that Americans don't travel much outside of the US. Which makes sense since the states are very different from each other despite all being under the same flag.

But I have to stay on brand so Common American L

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
What I'm learning from the responses to my question is that Americans don't travel much outside of the US. Which makes sense since the states are very different from each other despite all being under the same flag.

But I have to stay on brand so Common American L
Well I dont have the money or a passport to do so. Not much an L and more so I cant afford it

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Lord
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
The boy was thinking ahead in life
He must have been doing something right, cause now he's a big technology geek.

He's done stuff like repair a Virtual Boy and he's Frankensteined an old ****box computer back together so he can play Diablo 2 on it.

It's all hunky-dory until you're making your morning coffee and get jumpscared by metallic objects getting buzzsawed in the basement.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
He must have been doing something right, cause now he's a big technology geek.

He's done stuff like repair a Virtual Boy and he's Frankensteined an old ****box computer back together so he can play Diablo 2 on it.

It's all hunky-dory until you're making your morning coffee and get jumpscared by metallic objects getting buzzsawed in the basement.
Did he ever live his dream of seeing a PBJ on TV?

osby

Smash Obsessed
I've been to Spain and the Netherlands, both accompanying my parents.

They were fun travels but I'd like to see more of Europe on my own one of these days... seeing how long you have to wait for a passport these days, probably never.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
This is a spin-off of Monarch: Legacy of Monsters I'd love to see happen.

Monarch: Cryptozoology

Where characters tries to find out the truth about these superspecies and why they appear from time to time again. Hell it could be before Legacy of Monsters focusing on Bill Randa before he met Lee Shaw and Keiko or during their times together.

Such episodes exploring Bigfoot, Jersey Devil, Lizard Man of Scape Ore Swamp, Michigan Dogman, etc. As seen with the Bigfoot cameo in the first episode of Legacy of Monsters. Superspecies from the hollow earth explains cryptid sightings in this universe.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Horses are too damn big to be so afraid of everything
They actually have barely any predators to worry about for that matter. Some people consider horses invasive species because it's extremely rare for wolves, cougars etc. to hunt them down since they have little territorial overlap.

Top Bottom