• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Any of y'all had those "bricks" that were stackable and encouraged building. Not legos, but like brick sized... cardboard "bricks".
81u+fKqmZ5L.jpg

I loved playing with these, and I always envisioned myself making a throne room out of these. And I was able to make a chair, there was enough to make like a mini house, but there just wasn't enough bricks to make an entire throne room and it always made me mad.

Shroob

Sup?
Any of y'all had those "bricks" that were stackable and encouraged building. Not legos, but like brick sized... cardboard "bricks".
View attachment 390106

I loved playing with these, and I always envisioned myself making a throne room out of these. And I was able to make a chair, there was enough to make like a mini house, but there just wasn't enough bricks to make an entire throne room and it always made me mad.
My doctor's office had a kid's area which was full of these things. Used to stack them only for a toddler to waddle over and smack one out, causing them to collapse.

Noipoi

Howdy!
View attachment 390106

Jesus Christ I had these too

You guys gotta cut this **** out it’s too late for all this nostalgia

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I think most of my gaming related nostalgia is from my teen years. Even my late teens.

The Smash Ultimate E3 direct is something I look back on extremely fondly. I watched it with my friends who I regularly played Smash with, I didn't know about any leaks and we all collectively lost our mind when they showed that everyone were back. Same with the Ridley reveal, that blew me away. I don't think I'll ever be that excited for anything ever again.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
View attachment 390106

I didn't have these, but I did have a variety of smaller wooden blocks.

I typically used these kinds of blocks to build everything from cities to fake robots.

Shroob

Sup?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
POV
You’re six years old
You’re at the doctor’s office
You’re in the waiting room
You see this

View attachment 390107
These things were literally in every waiting room for every kids' doctor's office ever.

I'm not even totally sure why they were, but virtually every kid played with it including myself (I only started to play with it and other toys in the waiting room less when my family and I started getting increasingly worried about germs; thankfully the doctor's office I went to at least followed the protocol of having separate waiting rooms for sick patients and healthy or at least non-sick patients).

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So idk how Gen Alpha gets down but I will say it is sad seeing the kids of today not being able to get a space of their own like we did. Like we're talking about things we did as a kid and it's hitting me a lot of them won't be able to experience such memories because a lot of kids related places, items, games, or websites are either gone or taken over by millenials who really need to sign up for Ziprecruiter.

In a weird way, Fortnite and online games are kind of the last bastion.

Shroob

Sup?
So idk how Gen Alpha gets down but I will say it is sad seeing the kids of today not being able to get a space of their own like we did. Like we're talking about things we did as a kid and it's hitting me a lot of them won't be able to experience such memories because a lot of kids related places, items, games, or websites are either gone or taken over by millenials who really need to sign up for Ziprecruiter.

In a weird way, Fortnite and online games are kind of the last bastion.
I still remember the Nintendo Power forums...

Then they died and a fan site rose up to take its place

And then IT died and the thing to take its place was a website of edgelord wannabe 4channers who all got banned off the site at one point, but it sadly outlived the original fansite, so everyone ended up migrating over to it.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
That actually reminds me, how many of you guys actually left your country? I know us Israelis travel a lot probably because we'd rather be anywhere else but I'm curious as to how things are for other countries

Noipoi

Howdy!
That actually reminds me, how many of you guys actually left your country? I know us Israelis travel a lot probably because we'd rather be anywhere else but I'm curious as to how things are for other countries
I’d very much like to. I’d like to visit ever irl location a Pokémon region was based on, it’s one of my bucket list items.

Problem is I’m broke :yoshi:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I’d very much like to. I’d like to visit ever irl location a Pokémon region was based on, it’s one of my bucket list items.

Problem is I’m broke :yoshi:
You wanna visit the UK and france? My condolences

I was actually thinking of going to Paris this year in preparation for Legends Z-A and I haven't done anything with this thought yet. I still have time.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I still remember the Nintendo Power forums...

Then they died and a fan site rose up to take its place

And then IT died and the thing to take its place was a website of edgelord wannabe 4channers who all got banned off the site at one point, but it sadly outlived the original fansite, so everyone ended up migrating over to it.
I just want a genuine space for the kids of today that's not an iPad on Tiktok brainrot. It's unbelievably dire how bad things gotten for them.
I have not, my parents and sister have though. It's not tough to leave the USA for vacation, however the USA is massive with very diverse geography that you can take multiple vacations there and get a wildly different experience, as mine have been. A truly unique place.

Shroob

Sup?
I just want a genuine space for the kids of today that's not an iPad on Tiktok brainrot. It's unbelievably dire how bad things gotten for them.

I have not, my parents and sister have though. It's not tough to leave the USA for vacation, however the USA is massive with very diverse geography that you can take multiple vacations there and get a wildly different experience, as mine have been. A truly unique place.
Don't worry, they have Youtube kids-----oh, oh, yeah, maybe that's a horrible idea....

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I clown on the US a lot but I do actually want to visit. Dunno which state but I do have family friends in New York, though I heard mixed things about NYC even from my parents

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I clown on the US a lot but I do actually want to visit. Dunno which state but I do have family friends in New York, though I heard mixed things about NYC even from my parents
There's 50 states, you can throw a dart on one and it'll be a good vacation culturally and/or scenically. Exceptions apply.

Yeah I got it right, you didn't see that

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I'm probably gonna plan a long trip to the US and visit multiple states, seems like a waste to just go to one and then fly back home.

Unless it costs even more to fly from one state to another, which is very possible.

Anyway see you guys when I land

Shroob

Sup?
My mom and dad had a mini vacay and for whatever reason, brought me back Hunter x Hunter pajama pants.

But hey I'm not complaining, kinda dope stuff tbh.
My Granblue guild discord will suddenly burst out into randon Hunter x Hunter discussions.

As someone who's never read the series, man, ya'll REALLY love the series, huh?

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I'm probably gonna plan a long trip to the US and visit multiple states, seems like a waste to just go to one and then fly back home.

Unless it costs even more to fly from one state to another, which is very possible.

Anyway see you guys when I land
Well

My state has skiing and gambling :yoshi:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I wonder what the best way to do a dedicated Ben 10 fighting game would be. Do you give the transformations individual character slots or do you just roll them all into Ben? See, it’s different than what you’ed do in a crossover project because the brand is on its own.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I've always wanted to visit anywhere else that isn't America, and that still hasn't happened.

I have explored most of the contiguous United States though (I think I have been to every state aside from some like New York, which is on my bucket list still and then smaller ones like Rhode Island)

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Jesus Christ I had these too

You guys gotta cut this **** out it’s too late for all this nostalgia
No
51KU9mgjK6L._AC_.jpg

I specifically remember these toys because I always remember a clean up song We sang while we cleaned up all of our toys in preschool and every time we played I instantly went to these toys and I stayed in that area all play time

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I've never even been outside of the state I was born in aside from maybe a brief visit to New Mexico.

There are a ton of states and at least a few different countries I'd love to visit someday but the pandemic notwithstanding, I'm paranoid about everything that could go wrong on an airplane and I wouldn't set foot on a cruise ship if someone paid me to.

Top Bottom