• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Bro... TF2 bots are... fixed?

There was a massive 20k+ player banwave yesterday, multiple bot hosting discord servers were nuked, and bot accounts are being nuked upon creation.

Are we soo back?
Big ban waves for both bots and human cheaters in TF2 have happened before, so it's too early to say for certain.

But given how insanely out of control they and several people behind the bots have gotten, as well as the fact that TF2 was outright being heavily review bombed recently, they might have actually taken serious action to prevent them from being a problem this time around. Only time will tell if Valve continues to stomp the bots out of the servers, or at least continues doing everything they can to try.

Valve can't fool me three times
You're right, Valve still doesn't even know how to count to three. :4pacman:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Bro... TF2 bots are... fixed?

There was a massive 20k+ player banwave yesterday, multiple bot hosting discord servers were nuked, and bot accounts are being nuked upon creation.

Are we soo back?
One wave down. But they'll be back. Now find an upgrade station and prepare for the next wave!

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
One of my most anticipated games that doesn't exist yet is Mario Maker 3.

I still felt like 2 died too soon, but people made a lot of creative levels with the tools available and there's some real quality there. A MM3 can have dudes create legendary levels.

Also it's been 5 years since MM2. Woah.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!

I still felt like 2 died too soon, but people made a lot of creative levels with the tools available and there's some real quality there. A MM3 can have dudes create legendary levels.

I feel like Mario Maker is a mainstay series now, at least for a while. Wouldn't be surprised to see MM3 on the Switch 2 in a few years.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Mario Maker 3: Return of the minis 2026

Jotadé

Smash Ace

Mario Maker 3 would be cool. They could finally add Super Mario Land and Land 2 themes and maybe feature Daisy, Peach, Rosalina/Pauline as playable characters.

They could also include new items such as the rabbit ears from Land 2.

Shroob

Sup?
So like, if they did a new lake trio or Tapu, how are they gonna explain it?

Did the people stop worshiping the extra member? Did they go extinct? Did they just move? Did the other members kick them out of the Pokecule?
Tapus are the easiest one tbh.

You could just say like, an island in Alola sank due to volcanic activity or something and the Tapu decided to **** off to some unknown land.

Though Regis are like, probably the easiest to explain.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Yeah, the stuff with Ben is kind of crazy, and he's like 5th place for me out of the Spider-Men I like. But the fact they keep making new ones, yet act like he can't have a purpose outside of turning him into a villain is crazy. His drip as Chasm is cool tho. Until he turned into a bat-themed demon, instead of a Spider-Demon. That was just lame and disappointing.

Granted, I personally would have the main 3 be Peter, Kaine and Miles. But since people give a **** about Ben, I'm sure you can have some room for him, compared to making Ghost-Spider in the main universe, or the 37 Silk fans happy.
I feel like it’d be real easy to do that with the Spider-Men. At the worst, Peter and Miles as the present day Spider-Men (with Miguel vibing) while Ben and Kaine share the Scarlet Spider name; but nah Marvel being too difficult. Probably the one benefit the female spiders in 616 have is that they have their own unique names.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Y'know how PLA added a new force of nature?

What if PLZA added a new Tapu or Lake Guardian?
The fanbase couldn’t handle the horny emotion lake spirit.

Did the people stop worshiping the extra member? Did they go extinct? Did they just move? Did the other members kick them out of the Pokecule?
Tapus are the easiest one tbh.

You could just say like, an island in Alola sank due to volcanic activity or something and the Tapu decided to **** off to some unknown land.

Though Regis are like, probably the easiest to explain.
If we want to get technical, we only visited 4 of the Hawaii islands.

That’s half of the actually size . They could make it where in the Pokémon world, they count as a desperate region due to being bigger islands( if we want to take liberties here)

The Tapu could come from any of those and have new lore explaining its existence. Maybe the other 4 Tapus don’t actually stay on the islands and are guardians of the planet more than anything else.

My bet is we get a new sacred treasure. I know that’s the most recent trio, but the lore and timeline perfectly matches up for their to be a new member there that easily could have been a gift from Kalos.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Y'know how PLA added a new force of nature?

What if PLZA added a new Tapu or Lake Guardian?
I think we might get two new horses for Calyrex. France and Britain have an infamous connection, and adding two new members to the Horse Council gives you four horsemen of the apocalypse.

If Legends Z-A takes place in the future, they could say the Aether Foundation created a synthetic Tapu or something

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Ok, so why I think this is both bad and good:

Good
-More source of income for a while on the economy of the island.
-Improvements on our local Stadium
-Potential of improvements in some poor zones of the city to adapt to the massive amount of people.
Bad
-Tourism in mass getting even worse
-Enviromental impact from the tourists in mass
-The soccer radicals producing riots on the island
-Possibility they **** up the main city worse than what's going on in Arucas right now
-They still aren't working on fixing the whole online retailers besides Amazon and a few not delivering to the Canary Islands anymore
-Why are they hosting a world cup on a freaking island!? Shouldn't those things be made on the capital cities of a country or an actual location designed for such massive events

Tl;Dr: I am genuiely scared by these news. Maybe we get lucky and the enviromental impact isn't awful... But idk anymore.
Hit it George Carlin.

Shroob

Sup?
The fanbase couldn’t handle the horny emotion lake spirit.

If we want to get technical, we only visited 4 of the Hawaii islands.

That’s half of the actually size . They could make it where in the Pokémon world, they count as a desperate region due to being bigger islands( if we want to take liberties here)

The Tapu could come from any of those and have new lore explaining its existence. Maybe the other 4 Tapus don’t actually stay on the islands and are guardians of the planet more than anything else.

My bet is we get a new sacred treasure. I know that’s the most recent trio, but the lore and timeline perfectly matches up for their to be a new member there that easily could have been a gift from Kalos.
The chance of us getting a new sacred treasure is unlikely. They're supposed to be the inverse of the Force of Natures. While the Force of Natures are based on the Chinese 4 Cardinal Beasts, the Treasures of Ruin are based on the Four Criminals/Perils which are evil creatures.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
God I wish Pokémon was more fun. I love the world and the designs but the games… each on has its own unique bundle of problems.
I’m not gonna act like they’re perfect games, but plenty of games aren’t perfect.

Just cuz you don’t think they’re fun doesn’t mean they aren’t fun. What you should be saying is you wish Pokemon catered more to your personal tastes, which is a fair enough statement.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I’m not gonna act like they’re perfect games, but plenty of games aren’t perfect.

Just cuz you don’t think they’re fun doesn’t mean they aren’t fun. What you should be saying is you wish Pokemon catered more to your personal tastes, which is a fair enough statement.
Fair I guess.

Though in my defense I did say “more fun” and not “fun at all”.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Bout to finish my first Canon of Vengeance route myself.

Definite improvement over base game V, 100%.
I keep saying SMT V was a good game, it just needed an actual story - Vengeance really seems to deliver that.

Though it seems even easier to break than the base game but I guess that's fun on its own, too.

Shroob

Sup?
I keep saying SMT V was a good game, it just needed an actual story - Vengeance really seems to deliver that.

Though it seems even easier to break than the base game but I guess that's fun on its own, too.
The gameplay in V was always some of the best in the series yeah, just, yeah that story did not cook.

Glad to see the characters be actual characters.

Though Abdiel feels hella weak compared to Creation route ngl. She's just all of a sudden evil.

osby

Smash Obsessed
The gameplay in V was always some of the best in the series yeah, just, yeah that story did not cook.

Glad to see the characters be actual characters.

Though Abdiel feels hella weak compared to Creation route ngl. She's just all of a sudden evil.
It balances out with her being one of the best characters in the CoC :4bayonetta:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Casshern Sins has one of favorite Opening songs.

I feel like it’d be real easy to do that with the Spider-Men. At the worst, Peter and Miles as the present day Spider-Men (with Miguel vibing) while Ben and Kaine share the Scarlet Spider name; but nah Marvel being too difficult. Probably the one benefit the female spiders in 616 have is that they have their own unique names.
There's nothing stopping doing that with Peter/Miles/Ben or Ben/Kaine is the thing. The fact that they can do this with the female Spiders but not the male ones feels weirdly reductive, even if it's an attempt to pull off the opposite.

I don't even think that would be an issue, as much as I think each of the four should have their own hero codenames(in general I find two characters having the exact codename lazy and lame to a degree). Miguel's not too relevant to this discussion in that he's primarily in his own universe/timeline, much like Batman Beyond, and his series title serves as a way to make him stand-out from a branding point of view as Spider-Man 2099.

Tim Drake also has this issue, since no writer can come up with a name that sticks. His Pre-New 52 Red Robin costume LOOKED pretty cool, IMO even if it wasn't everyone's cup of tea(I would have exaggerated the nose of the cowl to make it look more like a beak). So he's just continually been the "Other Robin" while Nightwing and Red Hood established their own identities. And Damian gets a unique color scheme to distance himself from the others.

If Barry and Wally were to both be around, I'd like them to have different titles too, but it's hard to come up with one for them. At least with Tim and the other Spider-Men, you can look at various Spider and Bird Species for inspiration. Or the fact that Miles briefly went by Shadow Spider, and Ben has gone by Chasm, so potential alt names at least exist.

Top Bottom