• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Jotadé

Smash Ace
Was able to unlock new cosmetics in Fortnite:
The full Gambit set
IMG_20240629_122253.jpg

The full Rogue set
IMG_20240629_122314.jpg

Dark Phoenix/Jean Grey
IMG_20240629_122331.jpg

The Vault Boy backling
IMG_20240629_122348.jpg
IMG_20240629_122404.jpg

Last edited:

KillerCage

Smash Master
I'm getting ready to head to Greensboro to see the Sonic Symphony.
I do feel kinda bad for my mom since today is her birthday though we'll be celebrating it later.
Hopefully I'll have a great time with the concert alongside other Sonic fans!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Casshern Sins has one of favorite Opening songs.

There's nothing stopping doing that with Peter/Miles/Ben or Ben/Kaine is the thing. The fact that they can do this with the female Spiders but not the male ones feels weirdly reductive, even if it's an attempt to pull off the opposite.

I don't even think that would be an issue, as much as I think each of the four should have their own hero codenames(in general I find two characters having the exact codename lazy and lame to a degree). Miguel's not too relevant to this discussion in that he's primarily in his own universe/timeline, much like Batman Beyond, and his series title serves as a way to make him stand-out from a branding point of view as Spider-Man 2099.

Tim Drake also has this issue, since no writer can come up with a name that sticks. His Pre-New 52 Red Robin costume LOOKED pretty cool, IMO even if it wasn't everyone's cup of tea(I would have exaggerated the nose of the cowl to make it look more like a beak). So he's just continually been the "Other Robin" while Nightwing and Red Hood established their own identities. And Damian gets a unique color scheme to distance himself from the others.

If Barry and Wally were to both be around, I'd like them to have different titles too, but it's hard to come up with one for them. At least with Tim and the other Spider-Men, you can look at various Spider and Bird Species for inspiration. Or the fact that Miles briefly went by Shadow Spider, and Ben has gone by Chasm, so potential alt names at least exist.
oh yeah it’s definitely worse with DC for certain characters. ATM there’s 3 Robins, 3 Batgirls, 4 Flashes (Wally currently being the main Flash instead of Barry), 2 Supermen, 2 Batmen (or 3 depending on what their Wonder Girl storyline is doing with Damian’s future Batman role while taking care of Diana’s future daughter (who sometimes acts like Korra) so on so forth.

At this point, I’d assume they’re doing this for the sake of making easy money out of these characters sharing the same codename (with Miles usually having his merch be his name instead of the Spidey name)
View attachment 391690

Who’s the best season 2 character?
Doug and Psychotic easily

Jotadé

Smash Ace
I’ve gained ptsd from fighting that **** woodman over and over
Right now It is Fire Man who is giving me trouble (yes, the first boss).

I was on the part of the story where you need to fix some trains when suddenly I got not one, but two Fire Man encounters one after the other. The first one went fine, but the second one caught me less on guard and he beat me.

Also forgot to save after saving the school, so I had to restart from earlier on in the story. But that one's on me.

Shroob

Sup?
I just want another Pokemon Trainer type character that's not from Pokemon
You could do that with like, the SMT 1 or 2 protagonist

But Demi Fiend's the iconic protagonist, he's the one they always use in crossovers as like, a secret, uber strong boss.

And Nahobino's got recency bias, and SMT V/VV is the best selling game in the series.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Terry from Dragon Quest Monsters!

That way you can have a new Pokémon Trainer-style character and also fulfill people's strange obsession of having a playable Slime.
I do like this idea.
You could do that with like, the SMT 1 or 2 protagonist

But Demi Fiend's the iconic protagonist, he's the one they always use in crossovers as like, a secret, uber strong boss.

And Nahobino's got recency bias, and SMT V/VV is the best selling game in the series.
How about.... BOTH! Demi-Fiend/Nahobino AND SMT1/2 protag!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Jotadé

Smash Ace
the Miles cover sparked annoyance within the Spider community due to Starling (his girlfriend Tina Toomes…the granddaughter to Vulture) not being his dance partner
Oooooh, I see.

Well, I guess they added both Miles and Gwen to gather more interest on the variant cover, although It would have been cool if Starling was there as well yeah.

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
Right now It is Fire Man who is giving me trouble (yes, the first boss).

I was on the part of the story where you need to fix some trains when suddenly I got not one, but two Fire Man encounters one after the other. The first one went fine, but the second one caught me less on guard and he beat me.

Also forgot to save after saving the school, so I had to restart from earlier on in the story. But that one's on me.
I’m pretty sure I had some trouble with him too if I’m being honest
That game wasn’t exactly easy
The only real strategy I remember about playing that game was blinking around the squares like a maniac all the damn time

Top Bottom