• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
This is actually kinda jarring why is he so nice to them lmao
I kinda get it…
I guess he respects the professor being so smart, he could create such powerful beings with old school science and not magic or future tech. Much like how our Rick started with nothing, but was able to make the portal gun.

As for the ppg, I don’t know lol. Maybe much like how Rick slowly learned to show his care for Morty more, he realizes he should encourage the kids of a figure he respects.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
Weird Al Yankovic.

That is all.
Like favorite artist or band?

Cause Band id probably Bon Jovi.

Artist, atm is Tyler the Creator and Kendrick Lamar
Based.

Bon Jovi is a huge favorite of my mother and that passed down to me, and honestly who doesn't like Weird Al?

Kendrick's DNA is also one of the best rap hits of the 2010's decade.

I was going to make a big favorite albums of all time list, but that is hard so here is just my top 15 musical artists, which was also hard but easier to quantify a little bit.
1. King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard
2. Green Day
3. Tally Hall
4. Gorillaz
5. They Might Be Giants
6. Toby Fox
7. Daft Punk
8. MF DOOM
9. Lemon Demon
10. Jeff Rosenstock
11. Weezer
12. Bjork
13. De La Soul
14. blink-182
15. Asian Kung-fu Generation

REALLY not beating the white guy with brown hair and glasses who likes Nintendo games allegations.
I've been meaning to get into King Gizzard. Nonagon Infinity should be right up my alley.

I got a question to you all. We were all strange as kids. What were things that you actually believed when you were younger?

For me I used to think dinosaurs (Not counting birds) were somehow still alive despite never seeing any. I also used to think the Old World both Europe and Asia was still like what it was during the Middle Ages. Lol.
Well I remember three things right now:
  1. I used to think Red Bull was an alcoholic beverage (probably cuz I wasn't allowed to drink it...I understand why either way)
  2. I used to think the word "cheese" could be used as a synonym for "sit down"
  3. I used to think "loitering" and "littering" meant the same thing.
I wasn't very bright.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
How to accidentally give yourself nightmares seconds after waking up:

-Be an early adolescent around 2007-2009

-Get a full night's rest

-Try to turn on the TV and change the channel to Cartoon Network at the crack of dawn not realizing what time it is nor that the Adult Swim block isn't over yet

-Be greeted with an abstract black and white image containing a mostly empty horizon with a pair of giant nervous, yet simultaneously menacing and uncanny eyes consuming the entire television screen accompanied by a low, horrifying drone and other indistinct creepy sounds and a giant message on the screen that reads "The Dawn is your Enemy."

-Proceed to quietly freak out and hide under the bed covers

-Retain this as a vivid memory for the next several years yet also eventually questioning if what you saw that morning was actually real or not

-Google the phrase "The Dawn is your Enemy" several years later for answers and find out that yes, it really was a real bumper that Adult Swim had at the time and that the image they used image is shockingly close to how you remember it despite only seeing it briefly and literally only one time

This has been a trip down memory lane and Nightmare Fuel grand central station with KingofPhantoms.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Alright I’m not that far gone. Theres a lot of “normal” music I enjoy too.

I’m just also predisposed to weirdo ****.
I don't mean like... genesis soundfont stuff. I mean I just like my songs to be faster and have more of a beat. For example, my preffered version of Billie Eilish.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
This is why I don't like making numbered music lists because I forget so much, but then I see things mentioned. I would have totally put Tyler, the Creator and Kendrick on my list If I had remembered before posting.

I've been meaning to get into King Gizzard. Nonagon Infinity should be right up my alley.
Nonagon Infinity is 100% the right place to start, solid contender for my favorite album of all time.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I got a question to you all. We were all strange as kids. What were things that you actually believed when you were younger?

For me I used to think dinosaurs (Not counting birds) were somehow still alive despite never seeing any. I also used to think the Old World both Europe and Asia was still like what it was during the Middle Ages. Lol.
I once got the word satirize confused with the word sodomize.

And of course it was right in front of my mom :239:

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
How to accidentally give yourself nightmares seconds after waking up:

-Be an early adolescent around 2007-2009

-Get a full night's rest

-Try to turn on the TV and change the channel to Cartoon Network at the crack of dawn not realizing what time it is nor that the Adult Swim block isn't over yet

-Be greeted with an abstract black and white image containing a mostly empty horizon with a pair of giant nervous, yet simultaneously menacing and uncanny eyes consuming the entire television screen accompanied by a low, horrifying drone and other indistinct creepy sounds and a giant message on the screen that reads "The Dawn is your Enemy."

-Proceed to quietly freak out and hide under the bed covers

-Retain this as a vivid memory for the next several years yet also eventually questioning if what you saw that morning was actually real or not

-Google the phrase "The Dawn is your Enemy" several years later for answers and find out that yes, it really was a real bumper that Adult Swim had at the time and that the image they used image is shockingly close to how you remember it despite only seeing it briefly and literally only one time

This has been a trip down memory lane and Nightmare Fuel grand central station with KingofPhantoms.
Hey, Adult Swim bumpers! I remember those.

It's pretty fun seeing people talk about logos that scare them. I already mentioned before that there was this bumper from Disney VHS tapes that spooked my skeletons:

And I heard that Americans had their fair share of ooky spooky Disney bumpers too. Like, remember this one? This one freaked out some kids too.

People like to make fun of those who get freaked out by logo-like things, but honestly, fear is subjective and we can all be unnerved by different things, even logos. Remember when Viacom V memes were inescapable back in the day?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I don't have many favorite albums, but outside of some hits from the 2000s and some hits and Indie bands from more modern years, I tend to be most partial to 70s and 80s music in general.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Stephen Fry is still my nominated choice to voice King K. Rool if he's the villain in the Seth Rogen DK spin-off film.

The Black Omen

Smash Rookie
Now that Mario's shaping up to be an incredibly successful movie franchise, can we get comics? Maybe another cartoon on the air?
I'd be mildly interested in comics, but I'm not sure Nintendo is. But who knows? I certainly don't.
Stephen Fry is still my nominated choice to voice King K. Rool if he's the villain in the Seth Rogen DK spin-off film.
I second this nomination! I can't think of anyone better!

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
What are some glaring omissions from the Hollywood Walk of Fame you hope make it on there someday?

I was absolutely gobsmacked when I found Taylor Swift didn't have a star. After the decade she's had so far, that woman has more than earned her place.

Also while I know they're more sparing with fictional characters, Spongebob absolutely deserves a place on there.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Oh yeah, Rick (especially Pickle Rick) leaked Ruby from RWBY
There's something morbidly funny how this franchise may or may not be dead, gets confirmed to still be used because of Pickle ****ing Rick but the game is getting cooked so hard there is a decent chance it'll die before she even gets added. Damn you Zaslav for making her this bad luck charm
For those who like NSO icons, Vivian now has one.
Big day for people trying to drop hints that they're trans in subtle ways

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So I know the music talk is over, but I want to say that for a rather significant period of my life, I listened to Christian Rock/Pop/Music in general. That's all my parents played on the radio and what they listened too at home and I was pretty much banned from anything that had the word "crap" or worse at the time.

It was awful. Kinda nostalgic thinking about it but it actually sucked really.

Never grow up in a hyper religious household, it is absolutely horrible.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Y'all wanna play a game with me?

So if Universal Pictures were to make its own Platform Fighter as Warner Bros. and Nickelodeon has following Smash's success. How would you rate these characters chances of getting in?

First up.

Doc Brown (Back to the Future)
Dom Toretto (The Fast and the Furious)
Frankenstein's monster (Universal Monsters)
Gru (Despicable Me)
Jason Bourne (Bourne Identity)
King Kong (...)
M3gan (...)
Rexy (Jurassic Park/Jurassic World)
Shrek (...)
Woody Woodpecker (...)

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
So I know the music talk is over, but I want to say that for a rather significant period of my life, I listened to Christian Rock/Pop/Music in general. That's all my parents played on the radio and what they listened too at home and I was pretty much banned from anything that had the word "crap" or worse at the time.

It was awful. Kinda nostalgic thinking about it but it actually sucked really.

Never grow up in a hyper religious household, it is absolutely horrible.
Wake up today

Mom shouting at the news that we 'need to drop a bomb on at least 4 middle eastern countries to send a message for messing with Israel

Go back to sleep after witnessing racism

Yeah, I agree fully. Religious households are horrible

Last edited:
Top Bottom